Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Liverpool v Fulham : Sunday 11th Nov : 12.00pm

Read 7414 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Fulham : Sunday 11th Nov : 12.00pm
      Reply #46: Nov 10, 2018 07:09:43 am
      F**k me we have desperately lacked creativity from midfield,  well basically the whole season and people are crying out for Henderson as the solution?!

Nothing against Jordan I just don't see how his presence improves that middle 3. We need Shaq here in the AM role with either Gini/Milner/Fabinho/Keita.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #47: Nov 10, 2018 09:22:45 am
      Going for 2  0 win for the Reds, although should be many more. Fulham should feel the backlash, after such a poor display on Tuesday.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #48: Nov 10, 2018 10:53:18 am
      None of the front 3 deserve a place in the team, but this is another opportunity to hopefully see them click and fire the goals in.

For that reason, I'd still go for Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Hopefully this match will get our season started. We've had too many poor performances and our position and points does not reflect that. We've been very lucky, and need to carve out our own deserved achievements now.

Hoping Klopp will go back to his previous tactics so we can blow teams away again.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #49: Nov 10, 2018 01:12:57 pm
      tw*t of a time on Sunday to play a game, but a must win game only Spurs will have played before us we need to lay down a marker tomorrow. None of this half arsed attitude, some proper heavy metal football tomorrow
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #50: Nov 10, 2018 03:25:56 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

We will win this one easily in my opinion.
      WTF.... Why would you include Lallana in the starting line up...??
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #51: Nov 10, 2018 03:30:25 pm

I would. Works hard and even though he has only played a handful of games seems to be the only advanced player in recent games with a semblance of an idea in how to press.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #52: Nov 10, 2018 04:19:56 pm
      I would. Works hard and even though he has only played a handful of games seems to be the only advanced player in recent games with a semblance of an idea in how to press.
      Lallana isn't good enough. Right now I'd stick him bottom of the pack. Since when was working hard enough something to praise? Anybody that doesn't can f**k off and retire. I expect 100% out of every player. All players need to press at times, nothing against Lallana but he's too rusty, he's one of the reasons we lost to Red Star... Klopp even recognised with a mess up he made at half time.. I'm not saying Lallana's Liverpool career is over, but it's going to be hard for him to get the minutes he needs to get to a level reasonable to play again. His problem is it takes him too long to get good again after a spell out, perhaps he can have some FA cup games against teams like Tranmere or Notts County.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #53: Nov 10, 2018 05:26:47 pm
      We're at least three goals better than these, so although the points are the vital thing I'll be gutted if we don't reduce the goal difference deficit to City. 
      Lallana makes my line up too.  Fulham's defence seem clueless and they can't park the bus, its not the way they work.  We should get plenty of gaps and chances to run in behind and Adam could really do with this opportunity to find some fitness and form.  He can press, win it, hold it up, find a pass.  Shak is a definite starter too, but from midfield, for me.  I'd rest Jimmy and Bobby.
      Without Hendo, in comes Fab and Gini keeps his place.  I don't know whether Naby is fit, does anyone else?
      Defence picks itself.  The usual suspects - no Moreno; no Matip. Please.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #54: Nov 10, 2018 06:49:00 pm
      Perfect match to bounce back.
      Jurgens right - need the crowd to be awake for the early kick-off.
      Intl break coming I think, so play strongest team and make sure of it.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #55: Nov 10, 2018 10:04:55 pm
      Perfect match to bounce back.
      Jurgens right - need the crowd to be awake for the early kick-off.
      Intl break coming I think, so play strongest team and make sure of it.
      totally agree, strongest Line up, no messing with "It's only Fulham". People are saying play Lallana when there's an international break! and after all the Red Star crap. Irritating! Shaqiri gets ahead of him I think. By the way, bmck means big mack right? The McDonald's burger?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #56: Nov 10, 2018 10:21:55 pm
      Just smash the F**k out of them please
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #57: Nov 10, 2018 10:58:19 pm
      Please no Adam lallana in midfield he sadly come end of his career with injuries catch up on him
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #58: Nov 11, 2018 12:10:03 am
      If the rumoured team is true then there will be the usual meltdown. Genuinely don't believe it myself , the bit with no fab or naby on the bench is odd. If you are wondering its allison, joe, lovren, vvd, robbo, milly, hendo, lallana, mane firmino and salah
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #59: Nov 11, 2018 12:12:04 am
      If the rumoured team is true then there will be the usual meltdown. Genuinely don't believe it myself , the bit with no fab or naby on the bench is odd. If you are wondering its allison, joe, lovren, vvd, robbo, milly, hendo, lallana, mane firmino and salah

Joe Allen? Brilliant

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #60: Nov 11, 2018 12:17:26 am

Wee joe gomez
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #61: Nov 11, 2018 02:44:44 am
      We're at least three goals better than these, so although the points are the vital thing I'll be gutted if we don't reduce the goal difference deficit to City. 
      Lallana makes my line up too.  Fulham's defence seem clueless and they can't park the bus, its not the way they work.  We should get plenty of gaps and chances to run in behind and Adam could really do with this opportunity to find some fitness and form.  He can press, win it, hold it up, find a pass.  Shak is a definite starter too, but from midfield, for me.  I'd rest Jimmy and Bobby.
      Without Hendo, in comes Fab and Gini keeps his place.  I don't know whether Naby is fit, does anyone else?
      Defence picks itself.  The usual suspects - no Moreno; no Matip. Please.

Re injuries, I read on TIA Klopp mentioned in his press conference on 9th all Hendo, Naby and Joe Gomez are ready mate.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #62: Nov 11, 2018 02:50:33 am
      WE have just got to go out and do the business and secure the 3 points.In other words just hammer Fulham and improve the goal difference.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #63: Nov 11, 2018 06:28:48 am

We need someone who is patient and able to find a trick or two to pass to our front line. It is all about opinion, to be honest I do not mind Lallana being replaced by Keita either.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #64: Nov 11, 2018 09:38:32 am
      Henderson confident of Reds response against Fulham

James Carroll@James_Carroll84

Jordan Henderson is confident Liverpool will serve up a reaction to the midweek frustrations felt in Belgrade when they take on Fulham at Anfield today.

The Reds are aiming to bounce back after going down to a 2-0 defeat to Red Star in the Champions League on Tuesday night.

Henderson acknowledges the performance in Serbia was not at the level Liverpool expect of themselves, but is convinced by what he’s witnessed at Melwood since that an improvement will be offered against the Cottagers.

He wrote in his column in the official matchday programme: “It’s inevitable in the modern era that people will now look to draw conclusions immediately, to want instant answers as to why and how, but we have to see the bigger picture, stay focused on all the things we’ve done really well and concentrate on what we can achieve going forward.

“As the manager often says, it’s always important to retain a sense of balance and perspective after a result – win, lose or draw. It’s even more important to sit down with the boss, the staff and your teammates to look at how we can collectively make sure it doesn’t happen again and put those learnings into practice in training and matches.

“That’s not to say we ignore criticism or feel it’s not merited after a performance and result like Tuesday’s, but we should only ever absorb it from those who matter. In our world that is the manager and his coaches, the supporters and ourselves. These are the opinions that matter to us and what we focus on in moments like that.

“Training on Wednesday at Melwood was as focused and sharp as you could have wished for, so it’s clear to me everyone is looking forward to the game today and signing off before the next international break with a positive performance and result. We are at our best when our mindset is of positivity and the right sort of aggression. And that positivity has to be focused on enjoyment of the game and taking satisfaction and pleasure from working hard for each other.

“I’m confident you’ll see a response from us this afternoon and we’ll be on the front-foot from the first moment, looking to put everything right, from how we defend as a team through to how we attack.

Offal

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #65: Nov 11, 2018 09:57:33 am
      Even with our lacklustre attack, as shown in midweek. They must be good for at least, 2 or 3 goals, into today's early kick off, against Fulham. Surely a full strength team to start.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #66: Nov 11, 2018 10:01:25 am
      Please no Adam lallana in midfield he sadly come end of his career with injuries catch up on him

love it nothing like being positive on matchday and that quote is anything but positive
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #67: Nov 11, 2018 10:05:47 am
      MATCHDAY :kop5cf8koxp6: :celebrate: highlight of the week and the anticipation of another memorable Anfield event.
      Just hope the lads get behind each other look each other in the eye and go out a absolutely destroy Fulham I don't care if they score 3 as long as we score 8 lets get back to Jurgens heavy metal football we have been far to conservative this season lets just enjoy the day and the Victory. On this special day lets remember how lucky we all are and play totally uninhibited football make it a celebration.
      Well done the FA for putting on a game this morning f***in idiots
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #68: Nov 11, 2018 10:41:35 am

If true then Klopp must have a lot more respect for Fulham's awesome attacking potential than any other sane person has.

Quick Reply