Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

F.A. Cup 2018/19

Read 45847 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: F.A. Cup 2018/19
      Reply #69: Jan 07, 2019 10:18:17 pm
      Stop moaning woman! It's your Cup this year, been saying it for months you'll win FA Cup.

F**k, hope you are right for once in your life.  ;D

:roll: :roll: :roll: What the F**k! If I'd of known Klopp was sending his 3/4 string out would never of said. Clearly he didn't want to win it, I see his point for a weaken team (( priorities elsewhere )) but as a fan with no silverware for a long time I would still be disappointed.

Bit sick with the prediction league too.  :f_wah: Once I saw the team sheet tried to change my score to 2-1 Wolves.  :f_doh:

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #70: Jan 07, 2019 10:38:47 pm

Bit sick with the prediction league too.  :f_wah: Once I saw the team sheet tried to change my score to 2-1 Wolves.  :f_doh:

Ha! Well, I actually thought we were the home team until I’d seen the line ups and saw theirs before ours. Thinking a few days ago we were the home team I thought we’d scrape out a 2-1 win so went for that. But, as we were obviously the away team, turns out I predicted a 2-1 defeat. My first perfect in ages and it was a complete accident :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #71: Jan 07, 2019 10:41:21 pm
      Ha! Well, I actually thought we were the home team until I’d seen the line ups and saw theirs before ours. Thinking a few days ago we were the home team I thought we’d scrape out a 2-1 win so went for that. But, as we were obviously the away team, turns out I predicted a 2-1 defeat. My first perfect in ages and it was a complete accident :D

:lmao: Lucky sod  :lmao:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #72: Jan 07, 2019 11:09:02 pm
      yeah yeah, that old chestnut! you predicted a loss on purpose.  :f_whistle:
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #73: Jan 08, 2019 03:20:41 pm
      Blueshite have to go to Millwall,a few all premier league games.Newport kinda got screwed with a trip to Middlesboro.Another piss easy home game for Chelsea,i don't pay them to much attention but when did they last get a tough away game in the early rounds?https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46777424.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #74: Jan 08, 2019 04:47:24 pm
      just remember who it was who killed the FA CUP it was UTD when they decided not to even put a team in it since then its been quite common for teams not to treat it as the greatest Cup Comp in the world because it clearly isn't anymore.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #75: Jan 08, 2019 09:55:53 pm
      That's that then....for fucks sake!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #76: Jan 09, 2019 08:39:56 pm
      6 teams from the EPL went out at the first hurdle, and we were the only one of the top 6. All the others qualified, and can still go to back to Wembley in the spring. The FA Cup may not be what it was, but it is the top domestic competition in the country and we should give it a decent shot.

People say we won't remember it come May. I can remember us going out to Luton and Bolton as holders, I can remember us going out to Bristol City after a floodlight failure and 2 replays at home, which was the end of the line for Souness. So I will remember this, whether we win something else or not. This year is the 30th Anniversary of Hillsborough, and I personally believe that we owed it to the families to give it a proper go this year.

The last 13 years of the club's Competition Prioritisation Scheme, has seen us bring the grand total of one trophy home in all that time. While I understand why competitions are prioritised against others, I'm personally fed up of being told year in year out, that it's a "blessing in disguise" to go out of them. The records at this club show it just doesn't work and therefore I just cannot agree with it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #77: Jan 09, 2019 08:56:23 pm

. This year is the 30th Anniversary of Hillsborough, and I personally believe that we owed it to the families to give it a proper go this year.

What a strange statement to post.
      I don't think you speak for the Families and if you ever hear of any of them speak they simply love Jürgen and the work he is doing here.
      Modern football is about two things The EPL and the CL both of which are watched globally. Tonight City and Burton are playing who is going to pay to watch that .
      Its not my choosing its just the way the game has gone.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #78: Jan 09, 2019 10:31:05 pm
      6 teams from the EPL went out at the first hurdle, and we were the only one of the top 6. All the others qualified, and can still go to back to Wembley in the spring. The FA Cup may not be what it was, but it is the top domestic competition in the country and we should give it a decent shot.

People say we won't remember it come May. I can remember us going out to Luton and Bolton as holders, I can remember us going out to Bristol City after a floodlight failure and 2 replays at home, which was the end of the line for Souness. So I will remember this, whether we win something else or not. This year is the 30th Anniversary of Hillsborough, and I personally believe that we owed it to the families to give it a proper go this year.

The last 13 years of the club's Competition Prioritisation Scheme, has seen us bring the grand total of one trophy home in all that time. While I understand why competitions are prioritised against others, I'm personally fed up of being told year in year out, that it's a "blessing in disguise" to go out of them. The records at this club show it just doesn't work and therefore I just cannot agree with it.

Exceptional good post if I could give you 2+ I would. You'll have to settle for one.   ;D
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #79: Jan 09, 2019 11:59:07 pm
      Quote from waltonl4
      What a strange statement to post.
      I don't think you speak for the Families and if you ever hear of any of them speak they simply love Jürgen and the work he is doing here.
      Modern football is about two things The EPL and the CL both of which are watched globally. Tonight City and Burton are playing who is going to pay to watch that .
      Its not my choosing its just the way the game has gone.

No it hasn't. The competition itself hasn't changed, the image has. The global fan base are as frustrated as the local fan base with our rate of success in recent years. I think most would just take anything by now. Just have something to show for it.

I don't speak for the families, but with the year that's in it, we should have gone for it imo. Get out there, win the tie by half time, make the subs we need to, see the game out, onto the next one. That's what most of our main rivals did last week, some of them still have 4 trophies to play for.

But we don't, and some of those who don't play on a regular basis, may never play for the club again, as we have to play  full strength sides from now until the end of the season anyway.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #80: Jan 10, 2019 12:06:07 am

F***ing amen
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #81: Jan 15, 2019 08:14:56 pm
      Newcastle 2 up,good job by espn ruining my casual game down the pub by putting games on the streaming site.no F***ing bein sports either,it's all a bit sh*t tv wise at the moment.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #82: Jan 16, 2019 08:28:33 pm
      Hmm, even looking back at the replay, Vestergaard's right hand plays the Derby player on?
      Kopite78
      Reply #83: Jan 16, 2019 08:29:10 pm
      Hmm, even looking back at the replay, Vestergaard's right hand plays the Derby player on?

Joke that

Waste of space VAR
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #84: Jan 16, 2019 08:33:39 pm

I am so confused about the rules. I think I read somewhere at the start of this season that they only look at foot/leg to determine whether the player is on or offside, but I have seen plenty of times this season where goals have been disallowed because an arm was "offside".
      Kopite78
      Reply #85: Jan 16, 2019 08:37:22 pm
      I am so confused about the rules. I think I read somewhere at the start of this season that they only look at foot/leg to determine whether the player is on or offside, but I have seen plenty of times this season where goals have been disallowed because an arm was "offside".

Think the offside rule is if a part of your body is offside that you can score a goal with

No way that should have been reviewed

It will ruin the game VAR
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #86: Jan 16, 2019 08:39:31 pm
      Think the offside rule is if a part of your body is offside that you can score a goal with

No way that should have been reviewed

It will ruin the game VAR

Ah yeah, you are correct, and taking that into account, I still can't work out if he was on or offside ;D.
      Kopite78
      Reply #87: Jan 16, 2019 08:42:16 pm
      Ah yeah, you are correct, and taking that into account, I still can't work out if he was on or offside ;D.

Onside for me.
      His foot is beyond the Southampton defender maybe but the Southampton defender is leaning level with his foot

I don't think anyone looked at that live and thought offside

Yet VAR look at it for about 3 minutes and decide it is (wrongly )

To overturn it should be clear and obvious
      That certainly wasn't that
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #88: Jan 16, 2019 08:53:48 pm
      VAR can take as long as it likes. It would be much shorter though if the host broadcaster showed the replays sooner. Every goal must be checked, so that justice is done.

In this incident the foot was clearly off. So the right decision was made, and a team could not benefit from a goal that should not be given.
      Kopite78
      Reply #89: Jan 16, 2019 08:54:40 pm
      VAR can take as long as it likes. It would be much shorter though if the host broadcaster showed the replays sooner. Every goal must be checked, so that justice is done.

In this incident the foot was clearly off. So the right decision was made, and a team could not benefit from a goal that should not be given.

Southampton defenders shoulder is level with his foot

Got it wrong

Potentially ruined the game

Should be to correct the clear and obvious if anything at all

Farce
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #90: Jan 16, 2019 09:02:29 pm
      Game's gone if we're ruling out goals like that.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #91: Jan 16, 2019 09:28:36 pm
      Some cross that from Wilson. Hell be a huge addition to us next season

Quick Reply