Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

F.A. Cup 2018/19

Read 45868 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: F.A. Cup 2018/19
      Reply #115: Jan 25, 2019 10:16:08 pm
      United keep on winning - it’s so f**king annoying

No it isn't  :f_whistle:   ;D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #116: Jan 25, 2019 10:19:14 pm
      Glad United won because eventually they'll meet City in the cup. City will need to bring their A game and that could mess them up in the league. City would beat Arsenal with their D team.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #117: Jan 25, 2019 10:24:22 pm
      Glad United won because eventually they'll meet City in the cup. City will need to bring their A game and that could mess them up in the league.

Not really, City head and shoulders better than us. Can only hope on the day we produce some magic.

8 wins on the bounce looks impressive to the naked eye but in reality we just look good on the counter. Defensively we look wide open. Enjoying the ride though (( until Poch arrives  :D ))
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #118: Jan 25, 2019 10:27:18 pm
      Not really, City head and shoulders better than us. Can only hope on the day we produce some magic.

8 wins on the bounce looks impressive to the naked eye but in reality we just look good on the counter. Defensively we look wide open. Enjoying the ride though (( until Poch arrives  :D ))
      Doubt Poch will leave. Think Ole will get a 2 year contract with possible extension or something.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #119: Jan 25, 2019 10:58:41 pm
      Doubt Poch will leave. Think Ole will get a 2 year contract with possible extension or something.

It's getting increasingly harder for the powers that be not to give Ole the job on results alone. I can only hope he doesn't.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #120: Jan 25, 2019 11:01:12 pm
      It's getting increasingly harder for the powers that be not to give Ole the job on results alone. I can only hope he doesn't.

Give him 5 years.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #121: Jan 25, 2019 11:08:16 pm

:lmao: No no no.  :D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #122: Jan 25, 2019 11:16:48 pm

I care because I F***ing hate them
      Kopite78
      Reply #123: Jan 26, 2019 08:24:24 am
      I care because I f**king hate them

Makes us look petty.. I'd they aren't playing us I don't care about them whatsoever
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #124: Jan 26, 2019 08:56:51 am
      Makes us look petty.. I'd they aren't playing us I don't care about them whatsoever
      why comment if you don't care? LondonRed doesn't look petty for wanting United to lose in my opinion.

I'm not fussed who won because I dislike Arsenal almost as much as United, but I can't expect everything else to think in that way.

Chelsea or City are still in it so unlikely United will win the cup, unless they get City close to a CL game.
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2019 09:05:24 am by Ribapuru »
      Kopite78
      Reply #125: Jan 26, 2019 09:18:43 am
      why comment if you don't care? LondonRed doesn't look petty for wanting United to lose in my opinion.

I'm not fussed who won because I dislike Arsenal almost as much as United, but I can't expect everything else to think in that way.

Chelsea or City are still in it so unlikely United will win the cup, unless they get City close to a CL game.

Being obsessed by other teams is a bit petty to be honest

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #126: Jan 26, 2019 09:25:44 am
      why are you against it? From where I'm sitting he looks like a very good manager. Ferguson and Jose were jackasses, is it because Ole is polite you don't like him?  :f_whistle:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #127: Jan 26, 2019 10:46:24 am
      what happens when the players get all moody again and down tools because Ole pisses on their chips.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #128: Jan 26, 2019 11:23:18 am
      why are you against it? From where I'm sitting he looks like a very good manager. Ferguson and Jose were jackasses, is it because Ole is polite you don't like him?  :f_whistle:

Course I like him, he's doing a great job but still have my doubts. I believe we still need changes to meet the standards of City and you lot.  :lmao: We're winning but don't look champion material.

Already stated defensively I think he lacks that technical ability at the highest standard. Having no previous as a manager has to be a concern for the best club in the world (( to some )) No doubting what he's done been nothing short of a miracle and it's now got you lot quacking in your boots come Feb 24th.  ;D

Simple truth is we're not playing like champions, results are very deceiving and we're just looking like top four candidates now which is nice but for a club like us we should be competing with you and City.

I just think Poch can bring that edge, then again I said that about Mourinho and where did that get me.  ;D Continuing to enjoy the ride though. Those rose tinted glasses not going on my face just yet.

He maybe a good manager (( as you put it )) but that isn't good enough. He needs to prove he's a Klopp or Pep  which is obviously far to early to make such comparisons.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #129: Jan 26, 2019 11:26:41 am

Man Utd are looking very good going forwards but with the talent in the team that should be expected, I'm actually more impressed with how much more organised the defence is now, that is the bigger mystery as that should have been Maureen's forte.
      On the flip side Arsenal seem to be getting worse and worse every game, especially in terms of defence.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #130: Jan 26, 2019 11:29:06 am

In all seriousness why not, he has got your team playing good positive football again plus structured the defence much better than Maureen did. If he continues like this and IF he can beat Citeh and/or us and secure 4th place in the league then it must become very hard not to back him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #131: Jan 26, 2019 11:30:50 am
      Man Utd are looking very good going forwards but with the talent in the team that should be expected, I'm actually more impressed with how much more organised the defence is now, that is the bigger mystery as that should have been Maureen's forte.
      On the flip side Arsenal seem to be getting worse and worse every game, especially in terms of defence.

Absolutely agree and theres our theat presently, at the back very vulnerable to the top sides as well as CL that's coming up. Big test coming up in February and whilst I'd love to think we're up their with the best, we're not!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #132: Jan 26, 2019 11:31:26 am
      Being obsessed by other teams is a bit petty to be honest

It is but I have to agree with others I F***ing hate Man Utd, I hate the way they kept us in the shadows for so long, I hate how their fans would be so smug and arrogant, I hate how they seemed to get favourable refereeing decisions and Fergie time. Its one of the reasons why I've been much happier since whiskey nose retired!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #133: Jan 26, 2019 11:36:18 am
      In all seriousness why not, he has got your team playing good positive football again plus structured the defence much better than Maureen did. If he continues like this and IF he can beat Citeh and/or us and secure 4th place in the league then it must become very hard not to back him.

It's getting increasingly harder not to give him the job full time. I'm only expressing my view as a fan. Many will differ from my view but that's the great thing we love about our sport!! OPINIONS   :D

If he keeps the results coming and gets top four and a final at Wembley will be very hard not to give him the job. Based on him getting that they will have to give him the job which will be deserved. However, he's still to convince me he's a Klopp, Pep or Poch. Time will tell.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #134: Jan 26, 2019 11:37:55 am
      Absolutely agree and theres our theat presently, at the back very vulnerable to the top sides as well as CL that's coming up. Big test coming up in February and whilst I'd love to think we're up their with the best, we're not!!

The games against PSG, Citeh and us will be the real tests, do well in those and I'll start becoming seriously impressed. I'm almost certain that the current Man Utd team will score goals but how many will they concede in those matches?
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #135: Jan 26, 2019 11:39:04 am
      It's getting increasingly harder not to give him the job full time. I'm only expressing my view as a fan. Many will differ from my view but that's the great thing we love about our sport!! OPINIONS   :D

If he keeps the results coming and gets top four and a final at Wembley will be very hard not to give him the job. Based on him getting that they will have to give him the job which will be deserved. However, he's still to convince me he's a Klopp, Pep or Poch. Time will tell.

...........ZZZzzzzzzzzzz zzzz.................
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #136: Jan 26, 2019 11:39:26 am

The intersting thing will be to see how the team respond after their first defeat, at the moment you are all floating on a cloud.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #137: Jan 26, 2019 11:39:54 am

...........ZZZzzzzzzzzzz zzzz.................

What a stupid post!

Quick Reply