Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

F.A. Cup 2018/19

Read 45861 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Re: F.A. Cup 2018/19
      Reply #368: May 18, 2019 09:24:21 pm
      Hadn't even thought about potential Charity Shield until I saw it announced. Actually really looking forward to that now.

Not a friendly at all. After the way City won the league by that single point or 11mm, and then mocked our lads and fans by singing that shameful song... I really hope we go out there and smash them.

They think they can walk their way to everything.

Win the Champions League, then go and win that Shield. That will put them in their place.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #369: May 18, 2019 10:33:03 pm
      Kompany singing the praises of that plastic club. Can’t stand that smug f**ker. Every penny he earns is blood money, you’d think he would be a little humble but no, he’s happy to pick up his paycheck which people literally died for on his behalf. Shameful club.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #370: May 19, 2019 12:07:47 am
      Results like that will potentially kill City in the long run. How long will our FA and UEFA turn a blind eye to this silly version of football?

RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #371: May 19, 2019 07:12:15 am
      Results like that will potentially kill City in the long run. How long will our FA and UEFA turn a blind eye to this silly version of football?

They did Burton 9 0 in one round. It’s disrespectful to your opponent to keep going when the game has long been won.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #372: May 19, 2019 08:48:11 am
      They did Burton 9 0 in one round. It’s disrespectful to your opponent to keep going when the game has long been won.

Don’t think it’s disrespectful, we’d be loving it if it was us so have to look at it that way. The part I don’t like is how they got Rotherham, Burton, Newport County, Swansea, Brighton and Watford and people spout on about the incredible number of goals they’ve scored and things like that...they didn’t play even a half decent team!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #373: May 19, 2019 09:13:30 am
      F.A cup final so I expect Watford to make a game of it unlike most teams who have just rolled over when they’ve faced city this season,hope they look at the Swansea performance and go for the throat.

well.... that didn't go so well did it?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #374: May 19, 2019 09:56:26 am
      Don’t think it’s disrespectful, we’d be loving it if it was us so have to look at it that way. The part I don’t like is how they got Rotherham, Burton, Newport County, Swansea, Brighton and Watford and people spout on about the incredible number of goals they’ve scored and things like that...they didn’t play even a half decent team!

It was the same in the league cup, didn't meet any decent opposition until the final and even then it was a Chelsea team in a slump.

I do think though that we should also think a bit more about the domestic cups, winning is a mentality and the more you win the easier it becomes and with the team/squad we have no we should also be getting to these finals and winning them. I know we had tough opponents in the first round of each but if we had fielded stronger teams then we could have also made 2 finals/semi finals as Chelsea and Wolves did.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #375: May 19, 2019 10:18:35 am
      It was the same in the league cup, didn't meet any decent opposition until the final and even then it was a Chelsea team in a slump.

I do think though that we should also think a bit more about the domestic cups, winning is a mentality and the more you win the easier it becomes and with the team/squad we have no we should also be getting to these finals and winning them. I know we had tough opponents in the first round of each but if we had fielded stronger teams then we could have also made 2 finals/semi finals as Chelsea and Wolves did.

But even the line up we put out against Wolves, we were unlucky to lose that game.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #376: May 19, 2019 10:52:10 pm
      Woke up, saw the score, went back to bed.

cu*ts!

Quick Reply