Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match.

Alisson
      2 (2.1%)
      Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Gomez
      0 (0%)
      van Dijk
      2 (2.1%)
      Robertson
      43 (44.8%)
      Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      1 (1%)
      Shaqiri
      37 (38.5%)
      Firmino
      2 (2.1%)
      Mané
      1 (1%)
      Salah
      7 (7.3%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Milner
      0 (0%)
      Keita
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Liverpool 2:0 Fulham. In game & post match discussion:

Read 18967 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,213 posts | 1000 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Fulham
      Reply #276: Nov 11, 2018 01:55:50 pm
      People will always find something to piss and moan about. F***ing depressing.

- Another clean sheet
      - Two good goals
      - More minutes for Fabinho and Shaqiri
      - Three points in the bag
      - Top of the league

Let it go, we're never catching City on goal difference and if we don't end up winning the league I genuinely couldn't care less if we come second or third on goal difference.

If that was aimed at me, I wasn’t moaning, I was merely saying today was an opportunity to improve our goal difference, more for the boost it would give us, confidence wise than anything else. Glad for the 3 points and the clean sheet, but we made it much harder than it needed to be.
      Top again, let’s hope Utd get the win.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #277: Nov 11, 2018 01:56:27 pm
      He's had a lot of criticism lately and, yeah he miss hit a couple of balls, but I thought Trent was really good today. Some superb service from his side today and given that he's had a tough season so far it's only fair we praise him when he does well. Of course, the same can be said of Robbo who was along with Shaqiri MOTM.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,375 posts | 1454 
      Reply #278: Nov 11, 2018 01:58:39 pm
      3 points & a clean sheet was all that was important for me today  and that was what we got,shaq was my motm today as he was central to everything that was good for the reds today & he scored the goal that knocked the sh*t outa Fulham,great performances from joe,Robbo & the big man also.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #279: Nov 11, 2018 01:58:52 pm

Ah I suppose with Christmas coming up he might need a few extra quid in his pay packet.
      Not playing well as expected but winning, clean sheets & top the league..

No complaints..

who is complaining about being top of the league its about not being delusional about our performances of late they seem to be lacking pace just a team not in their best form.
      We have had seasons playing out of this world and won F**k all so how we get there in the end is irrelevant .
      Redangel

• 8,213 posts | 1000 
      Reply #280: Nov 11, 2018 02:00:35 pm
      Torn between Robbo or Shaq for MOM, but think I’ll give it to Shaq, he made such a difference.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #281: Nov 11, 2018 02:00:43 pm
      I wasn’t moaning, I was merely saying today was an opportunity to improve our goal difference, more for the boost it would give us, confidence wise than anything else. Glad for the 3 points and the clean sheet, but we made it much harder than it needed to be.

It was an opportunity to do that (GD) but overall good game management.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #282: Nov 11, 2018 02:01:34 pm
      Played for the last 20 minutes but it's clear that he reinforces our midfield to an actual presence does Hendo. More so than Gini.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #283: Nov 11, 2018 02:02:10 pm
      Thing is if that was a result and performance under Rafa Benitez 10 years ago would we be complaining?

JĂŒrgen isn't Rafa and who are these people complaining FFS if anyone thinks JĂŒrgen will be happy with the way the team is playing then think again he knows something is missing what it is obviously isn't obvious.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #284: Nov 11, 2018 02:02:26 pm
      He's had a lot of criticism lately and, yeah he miss hit a couple of balls, but I thought Trent was really good today. Some superb service from his side today and given that he's had a tough season so far it's only fair we praise him when he does well. Of course, the same can be said of Robbo who was along with Shaqiri MOTM.

Thought Trent was average today, some good moments, but then some annoying ones. I guess I am comparing his performance to Robertson though ;D. When I re-watch the game I will focus on him a bit and see what I missed!

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,183 posts | 911 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #285: Nov 11, 2018 02:04:11 pm
      Trents corners were awful today
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #286: Nov 11, 2018 02:05:22 pm
      The ball from Robbo to Shaq was just so sweet as was the finish but Robbo MOTM for me his effort was just bang on today
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #287: Nov 11, 2018 02:06:07 pm
      3 points, closed the game out well.

I don't really give a F**k about anything else.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,532 posts | 3903 
      Reply #288: Nov 11, 2018 02:06:53 pm
      Robertson 100% MOTM today, can be no question.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #289: Nov 11, 2018 02:11:20 pm
      We can sit back top of the league and enjoy some footie this afternoon hopefully two games with high scoring draws
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #290: Nov 11, 2018 02:11:52 pm
      People questioning why we’re making subs to see the game out and labelling it “embarrassing”?

Nah not for me.

We were solid. Gini and ManĂ© the only sub-par performances. These are the wins our own fans wanted and now when they happen, we’re apparently sh*te.

Ridiculous.

Don't get it either. Always happy to see pragmatic subs introduced at 2-0 with 10-15 minutes to go.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #291: Nov 11, 2018 02:14:05 pm
      Don't get it either. Always happy to see pragmatic subs introduced at 2-0 with 10-15 minutes to go.

Agenda merchants just looking for something to moan about.
      rossyred

• 9,225 posts | 1650 
      Reply #292: Nov 11, 2018 02:18:17 pm
      Agenda merchants just looking for something to moan about.

😂😂
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #293: Nov 11, 2018 02:19:34 pm
      I am not amused but take the 3 points...and wonder if and when we will start to fire on all cylinders.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #294: Nov 11, 2018 02:20:04 pm
      If that was aimed at me, I wasn’t moaning, I was merely saying today was an opportunity to improve our goal difference, more for the boost it would give us, confidence wise than anything else. Glad for the 3 points and the clean sheet, but we made it much harder than it needed to be.

Not at all aimed at you, mate. Have to admit I hadn't even seen your post until you quoted me. It's just a general observation. Today was indeed an opportunity to improve our goal difference, but it's annoying that people just expect us to smash teams left, right and center because we did it a few times during the second half of last season and because City is doing it for fun. We don't have the squad, because of injuries, to go out every game and press the living hell out of every team. We have to be a bit more pragmatic in our approach right now.

We now made it to the next international break, right up there with Chelsea and City. After that, we will have more options with Henderson and Keita coming back and I'm sure we'll see our press be a bit more present during games than we do right now.

People need to realize that given the amount of injuries we've had, certainly in midfield, combined with the amount of games we've had to play against top-level opposition, it really wasn't about "improving goal difference" or "gaining confidence", it was about getting the points on the board and getting our players back on the pitch without running our fit players into the ground because our fans have these ridiculous expectations.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #295: Nov 11, 2018 02:20:05 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #296: Nov 11, 2018 02:20:58 pm
      3 points, closed the game out well.

I don't really give a f**k about anything else.

Simple as that.

3 points are much more important than the performance, no matter how frustrating at times.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #297: Nov 11, 2018 02:22:31 pm

Personally I'm not fussed but I do get it, it's the goal difference and when you're up against such an abject side as this Fulham is, people see it as a chance to increase that. Personally I don't think the subs we could have made would have made that much of an impact but I do understand the reaction to not doing it.
      Tadders

• 6,699 posts | 565 
      Reply #298: Nov 11, 2018 02:22:33 pm
      where has our full on attacking game gone last season we would have put 4 or 5 past this lot?

And conceded 4

Quick Reply