Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match.

Alisson
      2 (2.1%)
      Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Gomez
      0 (0%)
      van Dijk
      2 (2.1%)
      Robertson
      43 (44.8%)
      Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      1 (1%)
      Shaqiri
      37 (38.5%)
      Firmino
      2 (2.1%)
      ManƩ
      1 (1%)
      Salah
      7 (7.3%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Milner
      0 (0%)
      Keita
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Liverpool 2:0 Fulham. In game & post match discussion:

Read 18749 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Fulham
      Reply #299: Nov 11, 2018 02:24:51 pm
      Agenda merchants just looking for something to moan about.

If we stayed open, there would be moans about us being unable to close a game out and "manage it".

We closed up shop, and the moan is that we didn't keep going for it.

Unbelievable.

F**k it, it's not going to ruin my day.
      A new grandson, roast coming up, then back to the hospital for an hour or so to see the nipper again.
      Happy days.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #300: Nov 11, 2018 02:25:02 pm
      Solid win without really getting out of 2nd gear. Shaqiri was excellent and deserved to keep his place in the side. I also think Mo is playing himself back into form with another goal and his touch is getting better by the week.

Top of the league again. I can enjoy me roast dinner all the more now. Got a stinking hangover though!
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #301: Nov 11, 2018 02:26:55 pm

...with some hope City will leave some points against United.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #302: Nov 11, 2018 02:27:35 pm
      The pricks moaning in the first half don't say a peep in the second or about the victory, standard.

Another win, still unbeaten. Boss.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #303: Nov 11, 2018 02:28:03 pm
      If we stayed open, there would be moans about us being unable to close a game out and "manage it".

Unbelievable.

A new grandson, roast coming up, then back to the hospital for an hour or so to see the nipper again.
      Happy days.

Nice one Swab - congrats to all 👍
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #304: Nov 11, 2018 02:29:35 pm
      Canā€™t believe Iā€™m rooting for Bitters and mancs in same day, let alone in same life 😱
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #305: Nov 11, 2018 02:30:01 pm
      Shaqiri great player same Robertson be very good too, but Bobby be very poor said few times he need rest he play lot football more then any Liverpool player last season so can't afford burn out players l drop him next match
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #306: Nov 11, 2018 02:30:10 pm
      Fulham manager post-match quote: "Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Solid display from us. Now for two weeks of sheer boredom.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #307: Nov 11, 2018 02:32:52 pm
      He's had a lot of criticism lately and, yeah he miss hit a couple of balls, but I thought Trent was really good today. Some superb service from his side today and given that he's had a tough season so far it's only fair we praise him when he does well. Of course, the same can be said of Robbo who was along with Shaqiri MOTM.

Got to take into account that when TAA first come into the side Salah was playing more down the right, then Salah in the second half of last season was playing inside a lot more.Now Shaq is playing predominately down the right so and the midfield chopping and changing so it hasn't been easy for TAA to maintain his form. Few changes in the back 4 have also not really helped TAA. I'm sure Klopp is aware of how these changes affect TAA.

I'd say TAA has coped with all this and has exceeded expectations. He's been up against world class players and his progression into a world class defender is going along very well.Can't rush, patience is required as well.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #308: Nov 11, 2018 02:33:05 pm
      Gone with Robbo for motm for a top performance, a threat for the full 90 mins. Terrific runs, blocks, passes and crosses. All round top top player.
      « Last Edit: Nov 11, 2018 02:38:47 pm by GERNS »
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #309: Nov 11, 2018 02:33:47 pm
      Just think mane bobby both look like need rest both have be off pace last couple games,
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool 2:0 Fulham. In game & post match discussion:
      Reply #310: Nov 11, 2018 02:36:43 pm
      Iā€™m baffled.

Our two best chances before the goal were set up by Firmino. Shouldā€™ve scored both.

Shaq found space only because of Firmino.

Bob is tracking back to win the ball like last season.

Heā€™s performed well today, nothing more or less.

Different perspectives i suppose. Giving the ball away too much for me, still much prefer him playing as the front man.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #311: Nov 11, 2018 02:37:36 pm
      Has a team top of the table and undefeated in the league 12 matches in, also joint top of the table in their Champions League Group four matches in, ever received so much negativity from part of their fanbase?
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #312: Nov 11, 2018 02:38:11 pm
      Just think mane bobby both look like need rest both have be off pace last couple games,

Well Bobby has a rest V Red Star and Mane scored two top class goals two games back..
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #313: Nov 11, 2018 02:38:44 pm
      Bit of a damp squib of a game, but we got the win, 3 pts, clean sheet.
      Maybe in seasons gone, a game we would've struggled to break them down. At least we don't have that gripe anymore, well, nowhere near as much - we're winning games against teams who come without much ambition who set themselves up to be hard to beat.
      Close call on their offside, though I think he was probably very marginally off - good finish from Mo seconds later to give them a right kick in the balls :)
      And nice finish from Shaq to seal the win, they never looked like coming back into it afterward.
      The 3 lads up front still haven't found their groove, know it's tough against massed defence, but there are still a lot of simple enough passes not hitting their man. Thought Bob was very quiet again today, surprised not to see Studge.
      Fab is improving, good to see him getting tackles in and breaking up their play.
      Robbo was probably MOTM, thought Trent was OK on the other side.
      We really miss someone who can reliably hit a quality set piece, some good chances from free kicks today in good positions wasted by various guys, VVD, Trent not even clearing the wall.
      But all in all, job well done, top for now, and still well in the mix going into the Intl break.
      JĆ¼rgen still doing the business.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #314: Nov 11, 2018 02:41:46 pm
      Has a team top of the table and undefeated in the league 12 matches in, also joint top of the table in their Champions League Group four matches in, ever received so much negativity from part of their fanbase?

Itā€™s revealing isnā€™t it mate.

Some frustrations with everything not quite clicking I understand.

Some is in danger of just being self indulgent navel gazing.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #315: Nov 11, 2018 02:43:07 pm
      Happy with the result, good performance second half, although it'd have been good to improve our goal difference a bit more.

Not sure what was going on with our defending first half - bit of complacency maybe. Fulham hardly came out of their half, but every time they did they seemed to get a chance. Anyway, we sorted that out at half time and were in control throughout the second half.

Biggest positive for me is seeing Mo now definitely back close to his best. As well as his goal, he was moving well, touch good, very involved, always looking to make something happen.

Shaq was good, Gini too, Fabinho pretty good, Mane a bit hit and miss, Bobby 3 or 4 nice touches but still struggling to be involved enough. Very close between Mo and Robertson for MOTM - both excellent. Just gave it to Mo though.

Anyway, top of the league, and still plenty of improvement to come.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #316: Nov 11, 2018 02:44:47 pm
      Different perspectives i suppose. Giving the ball away too much for me, still much prefer him playing as the front man.

Perhaps bobby has been so good in the last couple of seasons that expect more or too much
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #317: Nov 11, 2018 02:46:58 pm
      Perhaps bobby has been so good in the last couple of seasons that expect more or too much

Don't forget, AC Milan vs Juventus tonight, FAT!!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #318: Nov 11, 2018 02:51:23 pm

Unbelievable.

Happy days.

Nappy days mate, Congratulations, hope mother are child are in good health..

Back to the game.. I think the Boss has us playing in reserve mode till after the international break, I can see Klopp releasing the handbrake..
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #319: Nov 11, 2018 02:53:45 pm
      People questioning why weā€™re making subs to see the game out and labelling it ā€œembarrassingā€?

Nah not for me.

We were solid. Gini and ManĆ© the only sub-par performances. These are the wins our own fans wanted and now when they happen, weā€™re apparently sh*te.

Ridiculous.
      I have no problem with making subs to see the game out, but things can change just like that... The subs should be like for like were we can should we need to response  to a goal or two going against us. I do not like to see a striker being replaced by a defender it invites pressure, we should always mantain the same level of goal threat towards the oppersition
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #320: Nov 11, 2018 02:54:41 pm

Well he had 63 touches, 5 key passes and 92% pass accuracy.

Not up to standard?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #321: Nov 11, 2018 02:57:47 pm
      I have no problem with making subs to see the game out, but things can change just like that... The subs should be like for like were we can should we need to response  to a goal or two going against us. I do not like to see a striker being replaced by a defender it invites pressure, we should always mantain the same level of goal threat towards the oppersition

Subs;

Straight swap Hendo for Gini (who was our worst performer).

Milner for Shaq after 80 minutes.

Fabinho for Keita in the dying moments.

You contradict your first sentence immediately and no striker came off.

Quick Reply