Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match.

Alisson
      2 (2.1%)
      Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Gomez
      0 (0%)
      van Dijk
      2 (2.1%)
      Robertson
      43 (44.8%)
      Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      1 (1%)
      Shaqiri
      37 (38.5%)
      Firmino
      2 (2.1%)
      ManƩ
      1 (1%)
      Salah
      7 (7.3%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Milner
      0 (0%)
      Keita
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Liverpool 2:0 Fulham. In game & post match discussion:

Read 18731 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Liverpool 2:0 Fulham. In game & post match discussion:
      Reply #322: Nov 11, 2018 03:03:06 pm
      Subs;

Straight swap Hendo for Gini (who was our worst performer).

Milner for Shaq after 80 minutes.

Fabinho for Keita in the dying moments.

You contradict your first sentence immediately and no striker came off.
      No mate you miss understand me... In the past we have made subs were we have seen strikers taken off for Defenders and have either lost games that we were winning or ended up draw in games  we were leading, that is the only time i have a problem with them. As I stated earlier they should be like for like were possible (Injuries a side)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #323: Nov 11, 2018 03:10:10 pm
      I believe that we should play this line up when ever possible. The more they play together the better they will become. No against a slight tweak, Fab for Henderson, or Milner, or Gini For Keita, but not Henderson and Milner together, they just do not compliment one another especially he you add Gini to the mix. I said Gini not Gin   ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #324: Nov 11, 2018 03:23:05 pm
      Our back four seems settled as does the front three I guess the midfield has been subject to many changes for various reasons and possibly why we have been not purring .
      I cant believe some people think that was an acceptable performance against a terrible side who could have easily scored twice and at some point our performances will have to improve drastically if we want to win something. Mo's goal proves he is right back on form that was classic Mo and Andy Robbo was exceptional once again. YOu couldn't say anyone had a bad game there just wasn't any "fizz" and if you listened to Jurgens recent interviews he knows this could prove to be a problem further into the season and said today he expected a reaction.
       Stupid international break again now with players flying off all over the place so we have PSG, Man U and Everton coming up games I don't think we will need to look for the Fizz it will be overflowing.
      Interesting stat before the match which said JĆ¼rgen only had a 35% win rate against bottom sides which on a weird day is just weird.
      WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #325: Nov 11, 2018 03:24:46 pm

when did we concede four goals last season at Anfield in a league game ? do tell
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #326: Nov 11, 2018 03:48:52 pm
      Don't forget, AC Milan vs Juventus tonight, FAT!!!

Yeah, will record boca v river at 7
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #327: Nov 11, 2018 03:54:55 pm

It can't be as bad as mine.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #328: Nov 11, 2018 04:05:17 pm
      At the end of the day. We got the points and Il take that over anything.
      Our attack is still lacking. Although MO had some good runs, and hope he is playing into form.
      I feel that we need reinforce in the Jan. If we are going to put a title challenge.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #329: Nov 11, 2018 04:12:43 pm
      Chelsea 0-0 full time, remain top of the league.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #330: Nov 11, 2018 04:16:54 pm
      For once the Blueshite did their job.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #331: Nov 11, 2018 04:37:41 pm
      I will take the 1-0s and 2-0s winning score all the way to the 38th game. I can see what Klopp is trying to do here, he probably doesn't wanna go gungho winning 5-0s and 6-0s and gets more players injured and concedes a few along the way that comes to defeat. I believe, he's offering better protection to the back 4 at the moment. Keeping pace with City is the most important thing at the moment. They will falter at some point, it's a matter of time and we have to be ready to pounce. If we expect to see a winning margin of 3-0, 4-0 or 5-0, it probably will not happen too often this season. I'm not complaining at all, if that is what it takes to get us challenging for the title till the last game, then so be it. Chelsea drew against Everton, probably fatigue has started to take effect on some top clubs. X'ms will be an interesting period.

Overall, very happy with the results today. We lost to the bottom quarter teams last season while others were spanking them left and right, I believe Klopp is trying to correct that and he's doing fine at the moment.
      « Last Edit: Nov 11, 2018 06:34:38 pm by redkop63 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #332: Nov 11, 2018 04:44:13 pm
      It's 3 points but yet again the team not firing on all cylinders and defensively we are looking a bit more shaky these last few games. I can see plenty of positives though and I certainly prefer having a more attacking midfield.

Hate to say it but come on Utd, rub that magic lamp again.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #333: Nov 11, 2018 06:39:04 pm
      10 points ahead of UTD just 2 points behind City who are bang on form whilst we are still in third gear so much to look forward to now just get the midfield settled and we have a lot of points to gather between now and the new year HAPPY DAYS
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #334: Nov 11, 2018 06:48:31 pm
      3points.
      Thatā€™s all that matters.
      It felt as if we could have lost at times in the first half, some odd lapses, and then we get a break and score. Cheers, ref and lino! Theirs certainly looked offside to me!
      Signs of more composure 2nd half but it would be nice to put more of those chances away. Some will bemoan the finishing, the free kicks, or the decision making up front. Yep it will need to improve but today once we got ahead it felt easy. Didnā€™t it..?
      City won again. Itā€™s not the title but I saw their derby as a likely 2points dropped at least. Thereā€™ll be few other opportunities for them to lose points I fear. I was praying for a draw.
      Nervous.
      If itā€™s this tight in April, can you imagine?
      Breathe.
      All is well, for the moment.
      Rest and be thankful!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #335: Nov 11, 2018 06:54:07 pm
      Good call to rule the Fulham goal off-side. I'm disappointed that Klopp said it was not 100% off-side. If anybody wanted proof Klopp can talk ridiculous it's this, it's not about language barrier.. percentages are the same in Germany. It's nothing to do with percentage, it's binary... On or Off! Klopp awkwardly said it was on-side and we got lucky, I'm not debating the lucky part.. but we were lucky the linesman made the right call. For Klopp to say we were lucky the linesman made the wrong call is disappointing. 100% disappointing!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #336: Nov 11, 2018 06:56:12 pm
      Personally I'm not fussed but I do get it, it's the goal difference and when you're up against such an abject side as this Fulham is, people see it as a chance to increase that. Personally I don't think the subs we could have made would have made that much of an impact but I do understand the reaction to not doing it.

There's a naivety about this now given Man City's far superior goal difference. We should just look to play for the points and the confidence of a clean sheet.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #337: Nov 11, 2018 06:57:51 pm
      Good call to rule the Fulham goal off-side. I'm disappointed that Klopp said it was not 100% off-side. If anybody wanted proof Klopp can talk ridiculous it's this, it's not about language barrier.. percentages are the same in Germany. It's nothing to do with percentage, it's binary... On or Off! Klopp awkwardly said it was on-side and we got lucky, I'm not debating the lucky part.. but we were lucky the linesman made the right call. For Klopp to say we were lucky the linesman made the wrong call is disappointing. 100% disappointing!

What the f**k are you talking about? I would say this is pedantic to the extreme but that would be an insult to pedants the world over.

Stop looking for an agenda and just wheesht the F**k up ok?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #338: Nov 11, 2018 07:03:32 pm
      There's a naivety about this now given Man City's far superior goal difference. We should just look to play for the points and the confidence of a clean sheet.

Spot on.

I think that reasoning also wholly misunderstanding the way coaches think.

Klopp will be aware of the goal difference but heā€™s interested in performance first and foremost.

If we perform as we can we will win and score plenty.

He isnā€™t thinking ā€œf**k it, pile on the strikers letā€™s squeeze an extra goal out this gameā€. Heā€™s probably pleased with some aspects, slightly frustrated with some and looking to protect players and win games.

Itā€™s not FIFA 19, itā€™s real football.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #339: Nov 11, 2018 07:13:45 pm
      Spot on.

I think that reasoning also wholly misunderstanding the way coaches think.

Klopp will be aware of the goal difference but heā€™s interested in performance first and foremost.

If we perform as we can we will win and score plenty.

He isnā€™t thinking ā€œf**k it, pile on the strikers letā€™s squeeze an extra goal out this gameā€. Heā€™s probably pleased with some aspects, slightly frustrated with some and looking to protect players and win games.

Itā€™s not FIFA 19, itā€™s real football.

You'd think those last 20 minutes or so against Crystal Palace back in 2014 would make people wake up to the futility and severe blowback that can result from 'chasing the goal difference'.

As you say, far too many people viewing football through the gaze of video games and not real life. That's why we have grown men behaving like 10 year old boys when it comes to the question of who's better - Ronaldo or Messi? Any grown adult wouldn't and shouldn't give a f**k (I couldn't care less if either of retired tomorrow) but you should see some of those cu*ts on twitter.
      « Last Edit: Nov 11, 2018 07:17:59 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #340: Nov 11, 2018 07:16:24 pm
      You'd think those last 20 minutes or so against Crystal Palace back in 2014 would make people wake up to the futility and severe blowback that can result from 'chasing the goal difference'.

As you say, far too many people viewing football through the gaze of video games and not real life. That's why we have grown men behaving like 10 year old boys when it comes to the question of who's better - Ronaldo or Messi? Any grown adult wouldn't give a f**k but you should see some of those cu*ts on twitter.

Indeed.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #341: Nov 11, 2018 07:23:57 pm
      What the f**k are you talking about? I would say this is pedantic to the extreme but that would be an insult to pedants the world over.

Stop looking for an agenda and just wheesht the f**k up ok?
      I'm talking about Klopp below.

ā€œIn the end we were a bit lucky and maybe because of Robbo it is not 100 per cent offside because of his heel. We cannot change it, Fulham cannot change it.

I can say now, it was 100% offside and there's nothing to change. Perhaps you were unaware Klopp basically said the Fulham goal should have stood. I don't expect that sh*t from our own manager. I can categorically say Robertson didn't play anybody onside.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #342: Nov 11, 2018 07:43:55 pm

ā€œIn the end we were a bit lucky and maybe because of Robbo it is not 100 per cent offside because of his heel. We cannot change it, Fulham cannot change it.

I can say now, it was 100% offside and there's nothing to change. Perhaps you were unaware Klopp basically said the Fulham goal should have stood. I don't expect that sh*t from our own manager. I can categorically say Robertson didn't play anybody onside.

F**k off with your sh*te ā€˜donā€™t expect that from our own managerā€™. Itā€™s embarrassing the way you pick holes in everything. Like a nagging old bint.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #343: Nov 11, 2018 07:45:23 pm

Do you have proof of the onside?

I couldnā€™t tell with replays
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #344: Nov 11, 2018 08:11:03 pm

Can we have the sensible rib back, or was that just a temporary lapse

Quick Reply