Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match.

Alisson
      2 (2.1%)
      Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Gomez
      0 (0%)
      van Dijk
      2 (2.1%)
      Robertson
      43 (44.8%)
      Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      1 (1%)
      Shaqiri
      37 (38.5%)
      Firmino
      2 (2.1%)
      ManƩ
      1 (1%)
      Salah
      7 (7.3%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Milner
      0 (0%)
      Keita
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Liverpool 2:0 Fulham. In game & post match discussion:

Read 18739 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Re: Liverpool 2:0 Fulham. In game & post match discussion:
      Reply #345: Nov 11, 2018 08:12:20 pm
      Good day for us today even though City won. I'm happy to see some daylight between us and the Chavs, Arse and Spuds ( to say nothing of Mourinho's lot). Just stay close to City, don't let them get a cushion and they will start to feel pressure the longer we are on their shoulder.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #346: Nov 11, 2018 08:13:48 pm
      Was a good win I will take those all day. Going into the international break only 2 points behind and undefeated whilst not being anywhere near our best is massive.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #347: Nov 11, 2018 08:16:23 pm
      I'm talking about Klopp below.

ā€œIn the end we were a bit lucky and maybe because of Robbo it is not 100 per cent offside because of his heel. We cannot change it, Fulham cannot change it.

I can say now, it was 100% offside and there's nothing to change. Perhaps you were unaware Klopp basically said the Fulham goal should have stood. I don't expect that sh*t from our own manager. I can categorically say Robertson didn't play anybody onside.

Do you have some sort of illness ?! You really do post some utter sh*te

You must be on the wind up

I was surprised you actually watched the game after the life threatening trauma you suffered watching the previous game
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #348: Nov 11, 2018 08:16:40 pm
      F**k off with your sh*te ā€˜donā€™t expect that from our own managerā€™. Itā€™s embarrassing the way you pick holes in everything. Like a nagging old bint.

I have him on ignore so I only get snippets when others quote him. Can I say I think you are being a bit hard on hard working "bints"
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #349: Nov 11, 2018 08:25:39 pm
      Do you have proof of the onside?

I couldnā€™t tell with replays

Even if its 50-50 the manager shouldn't say anything as now all refs think we got lucky so the next decision may well go against us.
      Klopp should reflect a bit more on how we invited Fulham onto us as soon as Milner and Henderson came on, yet again we protected a lead rather than building on it, it's why Citeh have a +13 goal difference to us.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #350: Nov 11, 2018 08:28:02 pm
      Good win and still unbeaten
      Ynwa
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #351: Nov 11, 2018 08:52:19 pm
      Even if its 50-50 the manager shouldn't say anything as now all refs think we got lucky so the next decision may well go against us.
      Klopp should reflect a bit more on how we invited Fulham onto us as soon as Milner and Henderson came on, yet again we protected a lead rather than building on it, it's why Citeh have a +13 goal difference to us.

If we lose on goal difference then so be it. Iā€™d rather get the points than risk losing them building a lead too gung ho.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #352: Nov 11, 2018 09:03:55 pm
      WE got the 3 points and nothing else matters. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #353: Nov 11, 2018 09:13:34 pm
      F**k me if we settle with a  midfield that can attack score and defend we will be unbeatable
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #354: Nov 11, 2018 09:38:35 pm
      If we lose on goal difference then so be it. Iā€™d rather get the points than risk losing them building a lead too gung ho.

So were we playing gung ho for 70 mins then? This was Fulham and we gave them far to much respect, we should have won by 4 or 5 goals. Happy with the 3 points though.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #355: Nov 11, 2018 09:42:37 pm
      So were we playing gung ho for 70 mins then? This was Fulham and we gave them far to much respect, we should have won by 4 or 5 goals. Happy with the 3 points though.

No we werenā€™t... thatā€™s my point
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #356: Nov 11, 2018 10:09:25 pm
      Was feeling pretty good about todays game and the creativity in midfield then you have to spoil it with this...

Stupid international break again now with players flying off all over the place

Feeling quite depressed now  :depressed:
      Derek1892
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #357: Nov 11, 2018 10:28:09 pm
      Im not saying Robertson is the second coming of jesus but ill fight anyone that says otherwise
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #358: Nov 11, 2018 11:33:38 pm
      International break...could be a good thing. Seems to be a bit of mental fatigue about the team. Whatever it is, we seem to lack the urgency we had last season. We've not played badly, maybe we are much more controlled, more pragmatic. We're grinding out results or like today just about doing enough.

It's frustrating some fans. Break might help but we need to come back and hit the ground running, get a second wind, re-focus - whatever it takes to get the spark back. Playing within ourselves and winning might pay off in the long run but it's going to a herculean task to overtake City.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #359: Nov 11, 2018 11:51:31 pm
      Klopp is too nice at times, that's one of the reasons people like him and are quick to defend him. He's a good manager, but he does need to be more assertive at times. I'd certainly hope Klopp claims every 50/50 going forward. I just hope if we get the same referee again he doesn't remember Klopps comment... because we may not get the next 50/50 if Klopp is going to say correct decisions that benefited us were incorrect. I've not seen any manager do that before, I've seen managers talk utter trash when moaning what went against them but that can be expected and understood. I can't stand Ferguson but I think he won titles on the mentality of claiming everything he could and complaining about everything that went against United, pre match and post match. I'm in no way saying be like that, but there's a thing as acting like a walkover.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #360: Nov 11, 2018 11:53:44 pm
      Alan Shearer says our first goal should of been disallowed as Allison played the ball it was moving.....well strictly by the laws..yes it could've been called back...slight error by the officials....not as slight as the feckin' error for the "beach ball" goal...eh Al.

And Mitrovic was offside..just....why did Rafa let him go?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #361: Nov 12, 2018 02:25:26 am
      Alan Shearer says our first goal should of been disallowed as Allison played the ball it was moving.....well strictly by the laws..yes it could've been called back...slight error by the officials....not as slight as the feckin' error for the "beach ball" goal...eh Al.

And Mitrovic was offside..just....why did Rafa let him go?

Was crap at Newcastle. Looks to have rebuilt himself in the Championship with some confidence.

Geordie fans knew he could be something decent but very rarely showed it.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #362: Nov 12, 2018 04:18:57 am
      3points.
      Thatā€™s all that matters.
      It felt as if we could have lost at times in the first half, some odd lapses, and then we get a break and score. Cheers, ref and lino! Theirs certainly looked offside to me!
      Signs of more composure 2nd half but it would be nice to put more of those chances away. Some will bemoan the finishing, the free kicks, or the decision making up front. Yep it will need to improve but today once we got ahead it felt easy. Didnā€™t it..?
      City won again. Itā€™s not the title but I saw their derby as a likely 2points dropped at least. Thereā€™ll be few other opportunities for them to lose points I fear. I was praying for a draw.
      Nervous.
      If itā€™s this tight in April, can you imagine?
      Breathe.
      All is well, for the moment.
      Rest and be thankful!

Clear offside. No question about it.
      I don't know how to put up an image here otherwise it clearly shows that it is offside.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DruTWA6WwAU5Nog.jpg
      « Last Edit: Nov 12, 2018 04:27:04 am by RobieSlick »
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #363: Nov 12, 2018 04:35:41 am
      Good win and leaves us in a good position, keeping touch with City.

I couldnā€™t care less about performance at the moment, with the standard City are setting it is all about getting points and keeping pace. And we have done that despite never looking at our best.

Exciting times ahead!
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #364: Nov 12, 2018 04:36:53 am
      I could not watch the second half live, will have to catch it later.

Better performance compared to previous games in the first half and I would say that the Salah goal is for me one of the best goals scored this season because of the awareness shown. Newcastle were celebrating, then had to react to being offside and in that short period of time, Allison recognized there was an opportunity.

That was crazy.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #365: Nov 12, 2018 04:45:58 am

Better performance compared to previous games in the first half and I would say that the Salah goal is for me one of the best goals scored this season because of the awareness shown. Newcastle were celebrating, then had to react to being offside and in that short period of time, Allison recognized there was an opportunity.

That was crazy.

We donā€™t score that goal with either of our goalkeeper options last season. Exactly what we paid for (couldā€™ve done better with the ā€œgoalā€ though ;) )
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #366: Nov 12, 2018 05:32:28 am
      Get the F**k in...another 3 points and a clean sheet.

Who would have thunk after 12 League games this season, we would be undefeated? F***ing Brilliant lads and it's only matter of time to will we kick into top gear.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #367: Nov 12, 2018 05:41:02 am

That was crazy.

I think you means Fulham ;D
      Agree Allison is brilliant in that situation.
      Like many said I'm happy of three points with confident it's a matter of time we will play at our potential again.   

Quick Reply