Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Daniel Sturridge charged with breaching betting rules

Read 9704 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge charged with breaching betting rules
      Reply #23: Nov 13, 2018 07:32:06 pm
      FA probably leaked the information themselves.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #24: Nov 13, 2018 08:15:58 pm
      Not sure where I stand on this. I can say if it is or is not  in character as I do not know the player personally. Part of me wants to defend D.S, as he is a Liverpool player, but there is another part of me that says "If" this is proven to be true and because of it LFC does indeed refuse to offer him a new contract then the up side is I feel we have kept him at the club too long and now it will force Klopp to look for a quality replacement

Honest to F***ing God.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25: Nov 13, 2018 08:22:48 pm
       Sturridge is a vastly experienced player. Been around football all his working life. He obviously knows the score on confidential information. Probably a clause in his contract on confidential matters related to his employment with the club. Players probably get guidance notes as well.

So He must know he has to be very careful when it comes to transfers, loan deals etc. Who would know prior to the deal going thru.

Difficult period for him, hope it ends well.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #26: Nov 13, 2018 08:37:01 pm
      Is this not like that fat dude who ate a pie sutton v  arsenal, told his mates to stick a bet on it?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #27: Nov 13, 2018 10:57:51 pm
      Wonder which c**t lagged him in!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Nov 13, 2018 11:04:01 pm
      Wonder which c**t lagged him in!!

Would’ve been a betting agency reporting an irregularity, most likely.

Is this not like that fat dude who ate a pie sutton v  arsenal, told his mates to stick a bet on it?

Could not even be that malicious in this case. Could’ve just said he’s moving back home and an opportunistic person saw it as a way to profit. 
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #29: Nov 14, 2018 12:36:02 am
      To tell the truth, i have this uneasy feeling that something is brewing and will explode right in our face  before the end of the 1st half of the season. And this happened, When you go toe to toe with an elite club that can practically buy off anything on this earth, you can expect some spanars to be thrown onto your wheels. if you are a threat to them. Conspiracy theory, well  there are  so much happening behind the scene that  it will be shocking to know what are those issues over the years. I would say, lets open up all cans of worms, if they chose to pick on Studge.

Is studge case a multimillion or 150 mil dollar transfer that they need to make an issue out of it??? Someone must have lost a heavy bet and is still sore about it. It doesn't make sense to pick on studge when there are much bigger fishes out there. We must remain strong as a club and supporters to whether this storm.

I take this as a compliment, they could see Studge as a vital factor in our title chase.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #30: Nov 14, 2018 01:21:56 am
      To tell the truth, i have this uneasy feeling that something is brewing and will explode right in our face  before the end of the 1st half of the season. And this happened, When you go toe to toe with an elite club that can practically buy off anything on this earth, you can expect some spanars to be thrown onto your wheels. if you are a threat to them. Conspiracy theory, well  there are  so much happening behind the scene that  it will be shocking to know what are those issues over the years. I would say, lets open up all cans of worms, if they chose to pick on Studge.

Is studge case a multimillion or 150 mil dollar transfer that they need to make an issue out of it??? Someone must have lost a heavy bet and is still sore about it. It doesn't make sense to pick on studge when there are much bigger fishes out there. We must remain strong as a club and supporters to whether this storm.

I take this as a compliment, they could see Studge as a vital factor in our title chase.

The cost of tin foil must be at an all time low.

Good God, man. Get yourself together.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #31: Nov 14, 2018 06:11:39 am

Jeez mate.......there’s a word for that - paranoia!

I’m no fan of the FA but let’s see how it plays out before claiming it’s a Citeh led conspiracy to keep us from the title........that sorta stuff could get you a padded cell! 😉
      Derek1892
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #32: Nov 14, 2018 06:41:46 am
      I could be the minority here but he knows the rules. Its all a daft situation we could really do without. Deal with it and quickly move on before it can do any damage
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Nov 14, 2018 07:48:13 am

;D.....Oh you're serious!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34: Nov 14, 2018 08:14:43 am

Reckon its the masons, illuminati and citeh working together and the FA is run by lizards
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #35: Nov 14, 2018 09:18:39 am
      Reckon its the masons, illuminati and citeh working together and the FA is run by lizards

None of this would've happened had Daniels parents not decided to get him vaccinated as a child.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #36: Nov 14, 2018 09:23:45 am
      The cost of tin foil must be at an all time low.

Good God, man. Get yourself together.
      Agreed 100%; if there was a Citeh conspiracy to derail us, I'm sure they could come up with something stronger then this ffs!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37: Nov 14, 2018 10:24:15 am

You don't know how ridiculous your theory is. Everybody knows the legion of doom are behind this.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #38: Nov 14, 2018 10:36:23 am
      I could be the minority here but he knows the rules. Its all a daft situation we could really do without. Deal with it and quickly move on before it can do any damage

What rules is he supposed to have broken?

By the sounds of it, someone found out he was moving to West Brom on loan.. the shock.  :roll: Anything more?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #39: Nov 14, 2018 10:39:48 am
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #40: Nov 14, 2018 10:54:06 am
      What rules is he supposed to have broken?

By the sounds of it, someone found out he was moving to West Brom on loan.. the shock.  :roll: Anything more?
      I feel keen to know how they know it is Sturridge that leaked this and not any of the following.

Another Liverpool player, perhaps even somebody in u23 reserves.
      Jordan Henderson <--- just kidding about that one.
      West Brom staff.
      Sturridge's hair dresser.
      A hacked phone or email (remember the big waste of tax payers money to give celebrities compensation for a similar thing)
      An accidentally miss sent email(the amount of times people get CC'd into things I shouldn't have been)
      The FA themselves.. believe it or not the staff at the FA are infact Humans.... so no excuse there.

For them to charge Sturridge suggests they have some evidence, now if they don't have any solid evidence then I think Liverpool and Sturridge will have a massive claim against the FA for deformation, sabotage and psychological stress. It is in the FA and the public's interest to know otherwise fans will assume it's a total stitch up and the division between Liverpool fans and FA will be stretched bigger than a string in a wormhole. FA needs to be careful, we could easily put the middle finger up to FA and join this European Super League that is being rumoured and with crap like this it will just push us to leave the PL to escape the FA's shackles.

« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2018 10:59:09 am by Ribapuru »
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #41: Nov 14, 2018 11:15:26 am
      Even if they have evidence that he told someone that he was moving to West Brom.. it's hardly a shocker is it.

I bet a majority of players tell friends and family before they sign. That's one of the obvious tools that the media use to get their  articles. Obviously, a player will tell his spouse/partner about a move as they will need to agree to it (e.g. Sanchez to Liverpool), and what's to stop the spouse/partner from releasing the news?

It happens all the time. No way is Sturridge the first and only.

The fact that they seem to have accepted that Sturridge did not place bets, but that someone had 'inside' information is just ridiculous.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #42: Nov 14, 2018 01:38:31 pm
      Whilst we all feel for Dan some seem to have forgotten there is actually a victim in all of this......namely The Bookies...they have potentially lost thousands...and thousands...and even more thousands.... :lmao:..
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #43: Nov 14, 2018 05:07:32 pm
      9 out of 20 Premier League clubs have betting companies on their shirts.
      Facht.

Just saying like ...
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #44: Nov 16, 2018 04:36:46 pm
      Good piece in the Mail today by Martin Samuel pointing out the Bookies get inside information from time to time but if a punter gets a wif they shout foul. They are happy to promote a market that punters base their bets on next to no information. Having knowledge of a sport or a sports related issue is not illegal.

Obviously the FA would say it's not their job to protect bookies, they are trying to prevent players from exploiting inside info that is not generally available, not to the bookies or the general public.

Could claim that the Bookies accept that as a risk when the open such a market in the first place. Obviously can't have a free for all in relation to inside info but in this case, unless Sturridge has wilfully and deliberately set out to profit or help others profit, he has no case to answer.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #45: Nov 17, 2018 03:10:50 pm
      If im Sturridges mate and he tells me he's off to West Brom then 1 he has a right to do that and 2 I'm cashing in on it down the bookies.

Bookies shouldn't offer markets on sh*te like transfers if they don't like to lose out.

They're quick enough to profit on all the bogus transfer rumours that cause punters to place bets.

Quick Reply