Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Daniel Sturridge charged with breaching betting rules

Read 9703 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge charged with breaching betting rules
      Reply #46: Nov 17, 2018 03:13:15 pm
      What if Sturridge was changing to a nearer GP and the receptionist is the leak?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #47: Nov 17, 2018 03:35:46 pm
      If im Sturridges mate and he tells me he's off to West Brom then 1 he has a right to do that and 2 I'm cashing in on it down the bookies.

Bookies shouldn't offer markets on sh*te like transfers if they don't like to lose out.

They're quick enough to profit on all the bogus transfer rumours that cause punters to place bets.

That scenario would put Sturridge in the frame at least. He knows the score and has been a pro long enough to know the rules. Doubt it's going to come down to checking his phone records or anything. Not going to give Plod a ring are they. Looks like a case of loose talk. Some throw away remark that somebody has picked up on second or third hand, took a punt, spread the word and the Bookies have spotted a betting pattern and have alerted the FA.

Under those circumstances I don't think a ban of any kind is justified...but the FA won't let justice get in the way of their agenda.

In any case I blame the bleedin' Tories.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #48: Nov 17, 2018 03:51:54 pm
      Then again what sort of control do the FA expect players to have. Her indoors has to arrange stuff if they are moving. His relatives, probably still live in the Birmingham area. They might have let the cat out the bag or maybe someone heard a me'ow, and before yer can say stuff the Tories, the money is going on a West Brom loan deal.

Did hear they were offering 66/1 against him going to West Brom....poor old Bookies eh....
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #49: Nov 18, 2018 12:26:41 am
      That scenario would put Sturridge in the frame at least. He knows the score and has been a pro long enough to know the rules.

But what are the rules?

You can't tell me that players are supposed to keep a vow of silence? Sworn secrecy?

There are numerous people who will know about the movement of a player, and many of those will be close family. It simply has to happen. Can you imagine the situation with a player's wife/partner. "Where were you last night?", "Oh, I've just signed for Barcelona. We're moving to Spain. We have a new house in a quiet town. I sold ours. The children have a new school. I couldn't tell you before, but it's been confirmed today so...".

It's ludicrous. Look at transfer day with players openly driving into Club car parks for medicals. It's hardly secret stuff.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #50: Nov 18, 2018 10:12:07 am
      Unless his Cousin comes along and says Danny told me to put money on him leaving he has no case to answer. The FA cannot dictate what conversations family members have. If a player says he fancies scoring today and then does on that basis he could be in trouble if one of his family puts a few quid on him.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #51: Nov 18, 2018 01:16:10 pm
      BBC reporting his cousin lumped £10k on him leaving last January and that’s what’s triggered this........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

PS: they also say we’re signing Demirbay in January 🤔
      I clicked that link to find the story is not from the BBC, it's just their gossip column. It's from a paper I won't mention. You need to be more careful. We don't want to be blaming Danny's relatives because of rumours from such a rag.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #52: Nov 18, 2018 01:19:49 pm
      I clicked that link to find the story is not from the BBC, it's just their gossip column. It's from a paper I won't mention. You need to be more careful. We don't want to be blaming Danny's relatives because of rumours from such a rag.

Excellent point Ribs - clearly I missed that. Lecture not required however.

I never notice where the links are from - and don’t follow them - I just read the gossip.

Apols to all - post deleted
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #53: Nov 18, 2018 02:28:53 pm
      But what are the rules?

You can't tell me that players are supposed to keep a vow of silence? Sworn secrecy?

There are numerous people who will know about the movement of a player, and many of those will be close family. It simply has to happen. Can you imagine the situation with a player's wife/partner. "Where were you last night?", "Oh, I've just signed for Barcelona. We're moving to Spain. We have a new house in a quiet town. I sold ours. The children have a new school. I couldn't tell you before, but it's been confirmed today so...".

It's ludicrous. Look at transfer day with players openly driving into Club car parks for medicals. It's hardly secret stuff.

erm yes they are, its called a F***ing NDA, when there is a possible transfer occurring the player should not go blabbing to all his mates about it, its the same in almost all employment contracts concerning confidential information.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #54: Nov 18, 2018 02:32:23 pm
      erm yes they are, its called a f**king NDA, when there is a possible transfer occurring the player should not go blabbing to all his mates about it, its the same in almost all employment contracts concerning confidential information.
      When I tested some video games in the past I had to sign those. Basically said not to tell anybody who isn't staff or other testers that you're even a tester until the game is officially released etc..
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #55: Nov 20, 2018 04:49:55 pm
      It took the feckin' FA best part of 2 months to decide not to charge Firmino over allegations that he racially abused Mason Holgate, the Everton defender.

How long will they deliberate over this latest attempt to do Sturridge. They need to get to the bottom of this quickly as speculation is rife. Get it done sharpish. Just wonder how much representation he's getting from yer man Taylor over at the PFA.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #56: Nov 20, 2018 04:51:19 pm
      When I tested some video games in the past I had to sign those. Basically said not to tell anybody who isn't staff or other testers that you're even a tester until the game is officially released etc..

You are telling us now ?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #57: Nov 20, 2018 04:59:31 pm

Careful FK10.......he might have to kill you now.......🕵️‍♀️
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #58: Nov 20, 2018 05:06:39 pm
      Careful FK10.......he might have to kill you now.......🕵️‍♀️

Hope he uses his left hand
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #59: Nov 20, 2018 06:33:16 pm
      Anyone offering any odds on him getting a hefty fine & possible ban? :laugh:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #60: Nov 20, 2018 06:55:13 pm
      If im Sturridges mate and he tells me he's off to West Brom then 1 he has a right to do that and 2 I'm cashing in on it down the bookies.

Bookies shouldn't offer markets on sh*te like transfers if they don't like to lose out.

They're quick enough to profit on all the bogus transfer rumours that cause punters to place bets.

People betting isn’t an issue for the bookie. It’s that they got an irregularly high amount of bets on something that was an outside chance of happening.

They are required to report it. They’re just doing their job.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #61: Nov 20, 2018 07:14:44 pm
      When I signed an NDA it was only valid until the game got released. In Sturridges case his NDA was probably valid until either club announced the transfer.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #62: Nov 20, 2018 07:27:38 pm
      When I signed an NDA it was only valid until the game got released. In Sturridges case his NDA was probably valid until either club announced the transfer.

What games did you test ?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #63: Nov 20, 2018 08:05:23 pm

Candy Crush.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #64: Nov 20, 2018 08:31:03 pm
      it's on XBOX One, PS4, PS3, PC. That's all I'm saying.  :f_whistle:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #65: Nov 20, 2018 08:59:26 pm
      it's on XBOX One, PS4, PS3, PC. That's all I'm saying.  :f_whistle:

Come on, you could be our deepthroat (no not that kind)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #66: Nov 20, 2018 09:02:56 pm
      Come on, you could be our deepthroat (no not that kind)

All the more impressive “one-handed”.......
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #67: Dec 03, 2018 09:29:50 pm
      Daniel Sturridge: England forward given more time over alleged betting breaches

Liverpool forward Daniel Sturridge has been granted more time to respond to a Football Association charge over alleged breaches of betting rules.

The 29-year-old now has until 11 February to respond after being charged in November.

It is alleged Sturridge breached one rule relating to betting on football, and one which covers providing information relating to football.

A Liverpool spokesman said he had "co-operated fully" throughout the process.

The club added that the England international "stated categorically that he has never gambled on football".

Sturridge, who joined Liverpool from Chelsea in 2013, spent the second half of last season at West Brom after moving on loan on 29 January.

He has won 26 caps for England, the last of which came against Lithuania in October 2017.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46432190

Wonder why he's been given more time?

Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #68: Dec 18, 2018 06:01:44 pm
      Daniel Sturridge: England forward given more time over alleged betting breaches

Liverpool forward Daniel Sturridge has been granted more time to respond to a Football Association charge over alleged breaches of betting rules.

The 29-year-old now has until 11 February to respond after being charged in November.

It is alleged Sturridge breached one rule relating to betting on football, and one which covers providing information relating to football.

A Liverpool spokesman said he had "co-operated fully" throughout the process.

The club added that the England international "stated categorically that he has never gambled on football".

Sturridge, who joined Liverpool from Chelsea in 2013, spent the second half of last season at West Brom after moving on loan on 29 January.

He has won 26 caps for England, the last of which came against Lithuania in October 2017.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46432190

Wonder why he's been given more time?

Whatever it is, its bigger than him....

Quick Reply