Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Red Star?

Alisson
      1 (0.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (4.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      14 (11.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      52 (44.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      7 (5.9%)
       Fabinho
      27 (22.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (5.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (3.4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Voting closed: Oct 28, 2018 08:52:16 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Red Star Belgrade: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19033 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Red Star Belgrade: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Oct 26, 2018 07:59:59 am
      Quote from Brian78
      Am I right in thinking that they cant sell tickets to their fans for the game in 2 weeks?

No you're not. Usual arrangements apply.

Funny how VVD slots in seamlessly as captain, and everything goes without a hitch. Why not he takes the armband permanently?

We needed a result like that. We should have scored more, but the away game will be more difficult, where Napoli have already slipped up. So despite winning this game as we have, we can't rest on our laurels over there.

In the meantime, another good win on Saturday and hopefully we can build some momentum from there.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #323: Oct 26, 2018 09:40:59 am
      It's not about the size of the dog in the fight that counts. It's about the size of the fight in the dog  >:D
      Another saying is "The bigger they are.........

......the harder they.................... ........................ .................

.....................HIT!!!"
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #324: Oct 26, 2018 09:42:59 am
      I have to ask, were Red Star poor because of us or are they just a poor team in general? I mean, they beat Salzburg to qualify for CL and drew vs Napoli....

And I had to throw this out here, I was very impressed with how we handled their high pressing, they had 5-6 players at times for the first 15-25 mins, yet didn't really trouble us.
      Bookies had them at between 40 & 50/1 to beat us, so they didn't rate their chances. Think they're okay at home but poor away (as their 2 CL away games so far indicate).
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #325: Oct 26, 2018 12:04:50 pm
      I only have 2 things to say in this game. Our midfield played with purpose, Shaq moved the ball so fast forward to the front line, no time for the oppo defence to settle down, unlike Hendo who takes ages. Next, Fab was also fantastic, won tackles and moved the ball forward fast, again no time to-react against our front line. What i saw in this game is when we moved the ball fast enough forward to the front line, the oppo defence is in deep sh*t, they wouldn;t know which direction the danger will come from.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #326: Oct 26, 2018 12:34:18 pm
      I only have 2 things to say in this game. Our midfield played with purpose, Shaq moved the ball so fast forward to the front line, no time for the oppo defence to settle down, unlike Hendo who takes ages. Next, Fab was also fantastic, won tackles and moved the ball forward fast, again no time to-react against our front line. What i saw in this game is when we moved the ball fast enough forward to the front line, the oppo defence is in deep sh*t, they wouldn;t know which direction the danger will come from.

Shaq played on the right whats that got to do with Henderson.
      Before we all get carried away this was not Real Madrid Barca or Juve they gave us all the time in the world to play our game.
      It was the perfect game for us after being a bit out of sorts for most of the games so far.
      Really looking forward to seeing just how well our new players  can take us to the next level Jürgen has as always done a brilliant job of shielding them and easing them into the side.
      Lets just say post Christmas I think we may well be unbeatable
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #327: Oct 26, 2018 12:58:24 pm
      Shaq played on the right whats that got to do with Henderson.
      Before we all get carried away this was not Real Madrid Barca or Juve they gave us all the time in the world to play our game.
      It was the perfect game for us after being a bit out of sorts for most of the games so far.
      Really looking forward to seeing just how well our new players  can take us to the next level Jürgen has as always done a brilliant job of shielding them and easing them into the side.
      Lets just say post Christmas I think we may well be unbeatable

He's in the middle, no need to point to the exact position to win an debate. What did you see in Hendo that many of us don't? He slowed the game down, he made all the silly side and back passes. No motivation to drive the ball and team forward. Shaq is the total opposite. To be honest, Hendo is 30, I hope that he doesn't hang around too much longer. He holds the whole team back. Hendo is very useful when you are 4-0 or 5-0 up and needs to see the game out. Not when we're struggling to break sides down or going a goal or two behind and I haven't even mentioned providing the leadership. Do you think Dinamo is really that bad???  Well, if they are is because we made them played so poorly, Please give the lads credit when they played well and support your team 100% and not saying the opposition is poor.  Did you not see how many useful forward passes that Shaq and Fab made in this game against the loads of games that featured Hendo. Look, I have no meat with hendo, when we have the great midfielders of yesteryears and we compared with Hendo, he may not even made the bench during those years, honestly saying so.

I'm amazed the way we think sometimes  :

When we performed badly and lost :  We're truly the shittest
      When we performed badly and won :  We're poor
      When we performed well and won  : We're still poor
      « Last Edit: Oct 26, 2018 01:05:42 pm by redkop63 »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #328: Oct 26, 2018 01:12:54 pm
      He's in the middle, no need to point to the exact position to win an debate. What did you see in Hendo that many of us don't? He slowed the game down, he made all the silly side and back passes. No motivation to drive the ball and team forward. Shaq is the total opposite. To be honest, Hendo is 30, I hope that he doesn't hang around too much longer. He holds the whole team back. Hendo is very useful when you are 4-0 or 5-0 up and needs to see the game out. Not when we're struggling to break sides down or going a goal or two behind and I haven't even mentioned providing the leadership. Do you think Dinamo is really that bad???  Well, if they are is because we made them played so poorly, Please give the lads credit when they played well and support your team 100% and not saying the opposition is poor.  Did you not see how many useful forward passes that Shaq and Fab made in this game against the loads of games that featured Hendo. Look, I have no meat with hendo, when we have the great midfielders of yesteryears and we compared with Hendo, he may not even made the bench during those years, honestly saying so.

I'm amazed the way we think sometimes  :

When we performed badly and lost :  We're truly the shittest
      When we performed badly and won :  We're poor
      When we performed well and won  : We're still poor

Just won a game 4 nil and all you and others want to bang on about is bloody henderson, just give it a rest
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #329: Oct 26, 2018 01:21:13 pm
      It seemed to be that Shaqiri played a lot higher than you would ever expect from Henderson so why would you compare the two ?!

We have so many different options now and the skipper is a key one of them
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #330: Oct 26, 2018 04:14:57 pm

There you go with the negativity  :f_tongueincheek:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #331: Oct 26, 2018 04:18:31 pm

massive difference between being realistic and negative and looking to find fault  when there isn't any to be found :f_tongueincheek:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #332: Oct 26, 2018 08:30:14 pm
      massive difference between being realistic and negative and looking to find fault  when there isn't any to be found :f_tongueincheek:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #333: Oct 26, 2018 09:04:22 pm
      This doesn't make grammatical sense. I'm not sure if you are trying to say "negative" belongs to the statement "realistic" or "looking for a fault". It should be one of below I think;

a) Massive difference between being realistic and negative, than looking to find fault  when there isn't any to be found.

b) Massive difference between being realistic than negative and looking to find fault  when there isn't any to be found.

You put two "ands" but no "than", so I'm not taking the piss, I genuinely don't understand.

Did you mean a or b?
      « Last Edit: Oct 26, 2018 09:11:54 pm by Ribapuru »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #334: Oct 26, 2018 11:01:45 pm
      This doesn't make grammatical sense. I'm not sure if you are trying to say "negative" belongs to the statement "realistic" or "looking for a fault". It should be one of below I think;

a) Massive difference between being realistic and negative, than looking to find fault  when there isn't any to be found.

b) Massive difference between being realistic than negative and looking to find fault  when there isn't any to be found.

You put two "ands" but no "than", so I'm not taking the piss, I genuinely don't understand.

Did you mean a or b?
      Rib'  :confused-smiley-013:
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #335: Oct 27, 2018 04:10:13 am
      Just won a game 4 nil and all you and others want to bang on about is bloody henderson, just give it a rest

Ok, Ok chief. No more bickering from me. Let's look to the next game.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #336: Oct 27, 2018 12:36:34 pm
      Ok, Ok chief. No more bickering from me. Let's look to the next game.

That's fine, I shouldn't have been quite as aggressive so sorry
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #337: Nov 22, 2018 10:59:10 pm
      Relive the atmosphere on matchday with audio commentary of the main moments of the game.

https://youtu.be/sEfVc8_CFlg
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #338: Nov 23, 2018 12:08:08 am
      Relive the atmosphere on matchday with audio commentary of the main moments of the game.

https://youtu.be/sEfVc8_CFlg

You’re a weirdo.

Quick Reply