Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Watford V Liverpool (24/11/18 - 15:00)

Read 8718 times
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Re: Pre-Match: Watford V Liverpool (24/11/18 - 15:00)
      Reply #69: Nov 24, 2018 06:33:27 am
      how come all the other players just get a hug?.
      Sorry couldn't help it

:)
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #70: Nov 24, 2018 06:45:25 am
      Iā€™d take an ugly 1-0 all day long, much like last season. This lot are decent at home and I read Klopp has won one, drawn one and lost one since coming to the club.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #71: Nov 24, 2018 06:54:12 am
      Iā€™d take an ugly 1-0 all day long, much like last season. This lot are decent at home and I read Klopp has won one, drawn one and lost one since coming to the club.

They remind me of Palace to be honest. They are often a difficult game for us, in fact itā€™s Palace, Watford and Leicester that I donā€™t look too forward to us playing, 3 teams that have a habit of causing us problems at their own ground.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #72: Nov 24, 2018 07:42:02 am
      Think everyone knows this can be a difficult fixture. Think I went for an optimistic 0:3 in predictions. Weā€™ll need to get Off to a good start and an early goal for that, but a scruffy 0:1will do.
      Strongest available for me, just make sure we win it, resting players comes when we are comfortably ahead !
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #73: Nov 24, 2018 07:56:55 am
      Klopp has neglected Moreno and that could bite him. Moreno has no match experience he could learn and improve from. He'll be rusty and Watford is not a bad side.

Utter tosh.

Heā€™s not played him because he has the best lb in the league and Moreno is utterly unreliable.

Talk sense.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #74: Nov 24, 2018 07:59:27 am
      Played against Cardiff though didnā€™t he. You should read the comments from Klopp about Robbo;

ā€Had 2 very intensive games for Scotlandā€

Welcome to your own assumptions but IMO there is a genuine possibility Robbo isnā€™t starting this game, especially with PSG in the week, and if he doesnā€™t then itā€™s likely to be Moreno starting. Unfortunately.

Saw that and posted in Bertieā€™s thread mate.

The only similar gap in our squad is Allison to Migs.

Thereā€™s cover in front 3 and midfield but youā€™re replacing an elite performer with a guy who has proven himself inadequate.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #75: Nov 24, 2018 09:21:14 am
      Saw that and posted in Bertieā€™s thread mate.

The only similar gap in our squad is Allison to Migs.

Thereā€™s cover in front 3 and midfield but youā€™re replacing an elite performer with a guy who has proven himself inadequate.

Iā€™d like to think that if Robbo is to miss out then Milly will go to LB with Keita coming back into the midfield. Milly has had a 2 week break so itā€™s a given he will play, just a question of where. Hopefully if Robbo is rested for midweek then Klopp really doesnā€™t risk it and go for Moreno because like you say, heā€™s proven himself inadequate and done so time and time again. Watford are no mugs, if Moreno is playing you can guarantee they will target the life out of him and Iā€™m almost certain he will lead to us conceding.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #76: Nov 24, 2018 10:15:46 am
      Depends what Watford turns up, the improved version or the one that lost to Newcastle and drew with Southampton, same goes for us we have everything to rip them apart but its after the break and what Liverpool side turns up is anybody's guess,its not a fixture to faff about with the squad IMO, strongest 11 tuck the points away, sub as required then move on to the next challenge,
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #77: Nov 24, 2018 10:59:30 am
      Pretty good record against Watford, will take a 2  0 win today. Although need to attack from the start.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #78: Nov 24, 2018 10:59:46 am
      Got to keep winning and keep the pressure on shitty, we're approaching a critical phase in the league so staying and possibly surpassing Pep & co will obviously be in our favour, so as strong a side as possible for this, we have ghe squad and we have the quality so no excuses really,

Like most our team selection is our own opinions so here's mine....

Alisson
          Gomez  Lovren Van Dijk Robertson
                   Hendo  Wijnaldom  Keita
                      Salah Firmino Mane

I think this will be the back 5 JĆ¼rgen will use in Paris, so giving them 90+ minutes together is not a bad thing,
      The middle will change to accommodate Milner and probably Fabinho, alongside Gini, Henderson will be a liability imo on Wednesday,  with Fabinho more accustomed to at this level,
      The front three speak for themselves and are almost a given in fixture.

First things first though,  lets despatch of Watford and keep that pressure on shitty,  imo, they had a easy ride last season lets see how they handle someone breathing down their necks when it comes down to their arse doing the 10p 5p dance ?

1-3 Champions Elect  !!

YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #79: Nov 24, 2018 11:02:52 am
      24 points up for grabs between now and when we next face City (apparently...not checked). This is one of them potential banana skin games that we really need the 3 points from. Often itā€™s games like this we let ourselves down and although we have let ourselves down performance wise vs Brighton and Leicester this season in particular, weā€™ve gotten the all important 3 points so letā€™s make sure that happens again today. Iā€™d happily take a hard fought 1-0 win but would like us to make light work of it if possible.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #80: Nov 24, 2018 11:09:06 am
      24 points up for grabs between now and when we next face City (apparently...not checked). This is one of them potential banana skin games that we really need the 3 points from. Often itā€™s games like this we let ourselves down and although we have let ourselves down performance wise vs Brighton and Leicester this season in particular, weā€™ve gotten the all important 3 points so letā€™s make sure that happens again today. Iā€™d happily take a hard fought 1-0 win but would like us to make light work of it if possible.

Its not really a banana skin game, Watford are a decent team, a win today will be a good result, especially after the international break
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #81: Nov 24, 2018 11:10:20 am
      playing at 3pm on a Saturday no way that will catch on.
      REally hoping to see Kieta play he looked so good early on and he is definitely different from what we have available now the one thing we lack from midfield is goals.

We don't let many in and score well so its hard to see anything but a win today.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #82: Nov 24, 2018 11:18:15 am
      Not really fussed about performance, 3 points are the most important today...
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #83: Nov 24, 2018 12:21:59 pm
      What the hell is this....Saturday kick off..at 3 O'clock...!...who's idea is this...ridiculous..I bet the FA are behind this..whoever dreamt this up..wants lockin' up...looks like my wife will have to do the shopping now...she'll be getting behind with her knitting now...
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #84: Nov 24, 2018 01:35:26 pm
      PSG on Wednesday. Will that tempt Klopp to prioritise...maybe. Not rest players but prepare for PSG. Midfield will be fully maned V PSG. Then he might play Shaq today, go at them early. We don't need a dog fight hanging on for the win or a point today.

Taking a conservative view of midfield today might invite pressure. My midfield of Hendo,Keita and Shaqiri is the offensive approach but he might hold Hendo back for PSG.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #85: Nov 24, 2018 01:36:11 pm
      Another 4 goals and 1 assist from Salah be decent.

I have a horrible, nagging feeling that Moreno will be starting this game... hope Iā€™m wrong.
      I think you're wrong on this one so don't worry. Klopp has Milner or Fabinho who can cover Robertson before we worry about going down to 10 and a half men. I'm not saying Moreno is half a man, he's half a footballer though.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #86: Nov 24, 2018 01:45:22 pm
      a few posts about people not being worried about the performance. I am, i Cannot remember the last time we played well. We are winning more often than not, but we need to put in a decent performance, especially with PSG looming.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #87: Nov 24, 2018 01:51:18 pm
      I agree we do need a good performance but please get the 3 points lads .  Once we do click it's game on for the league . C'mon u reds
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #88: Nov 24, 2018 01:54:01 pm
      a few posts about people not being worried about the performance. I am, i Cannot remember the last time we played well. We are winning more often than not, but we need to put in a decent performance, especially with PSG looming.
      Watford managed just 1 point this month, against Newcastle and Southampton. I'm not sure we have to worry about them too much. We'll put them away as long as we don't really suck badly.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #89: Nov 24, 2018 01:55:53 pm
      Watford managed just 1 point this month, against Newcastle and Southampton. I'm not sure we have to worry about them too much. We'll put them away as long as we don't really suck badly.

Hope you are right
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #90: Nov 24, 2018 01:58:27 pm
      Welcome to your own assumptions but IMO there is a genuine possibility Robbo isnā€™t starting this game, especially with PSG in the week, and if he doesnā€™t then itā€™s likely to be Moreno starting. Unfortunately.
      Wasn't aware of Robbo in Scotlands 2 games , ridiculous to group 2 nation league matches like that. Should be like England and have 1 League 1 friendly. If Robbo is totally done in, Fabinho should get LB. He does it for Brazil so why not Pool?
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #91: Nov 24, 2018 02:03:37 pm

They are up for the fight against the top 4/5. Bit of a feather in their bonce etc. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we breeze past these...breeze these..they have pace and trickery, can turn us over if we are not on it.

Quick Reply