Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      21 (23.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      24 (26.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      13 (14.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      5 (5.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      8 (8.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      3 (3.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (3.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      6 (6.7%)
      Mo Salah
      5 (5.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: Nov 27, 2018 04:55:07 pm

Watford 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25120 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Re: Watford 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Nov 24, 2018 06:18:24 pm
      After that first half was expecting a draw in all honesty, but made up with the three points.

Be interesting to see how Jürgen lines us up in midfield with Hendo suspended for the derby.

If there is one area we have plenty of options at is Hendo's position.
      Harrisimo

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #300: Nov 24, 2018 06:22:32 pm
      I was surprised all match that the ref let Watford get away with as much as they did, with barely a talking to, and it bordered on the ridiculous at times.

Not that it's an excuse for Henderson.
      He knows better.

Still, a good win, and a cracking goal from TAA.

Yeah great strike from TAA. He was a bit off in the first half but there was congestion down the right in the first half as Watford were so deep. We operated down the left in the second half. Whether than was a tactic by Klopp to get Robbo into it. Well if it was it worked. It was a harsh decision to send Hendo off for two innocuous challengers, his moaning didn't help.

Watford did themselves no favours by giving us so much respect. We didn't come under much pressure apart from a few attacks in the second half and collected 3 pts without stretching ourselves. Ideal prep for the French.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #301: Nov 24, 2018 06:26:33 pm
      Yeah great strike from TAA. He was a bit off in the first half but there was congestion down the right in the first half as Watford were so deep. We operated down the left in the second half. Whether than was a tactic by Klopp to get Robbo into it. Well if it was it worked. It was a harsh decision to send Hendo off for two innocuous challengers, his moaning didn't help.

Watford did themselves no favours by giving us so much respect. We didn't come under much pressure apart from a few attacks in the second half and collected 3 pts without stretching ourselves. Ideal prep for the French.

It seems to me that teams are not learning, and still target TAA.
      I think that's a mistake, although to be fair, it's got more chance of success than trying to target our left.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,498 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #302: Nov 24, 2018 06:28:20 pm
      Heard it was 0-0 at HT.
      Then didn't hear anything till 6pm, and when heard we won 0-3 was delighted :)
      Super win away to a strong enough side.
      Harrisimo

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #303: Nov 24, 2018 06:29:28 pm
      After that first half was expecting a draw in all honesty, but made up with the three points.

Be interesting to see how Jürgen lines us up in midfield with Hendo suspended for the derby.
      A few on here won't mind if Hendo sits a few out. He was solid as usual today, apart from the silly sending off. Might get a game in Paris before the Derby. The PSG game will suit him as his natural containing game will help keep them out.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #304: Nov 24, 2018 06:33:29 pm
      A few on here won't mind if Hendo sits a few out. He was solid as usual today, apart from the silly sending off. Might get a game in Paris before the Derby. The PSG game will suit him as his natural containing game will help keep them out.

He just needed to keep his head, I think the toting up of infrigements did for him in the end.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #305: Nov 24, 2018 06:33:51 pm
      Bit more convincing in the 2nd half than the first.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #306: Nov 24, 2018 06:41:29 pm
      Henderson is useless. I could play his part, it consists of easy back/side passes anyway.

Great win, feels like honey, but once again we have more luck than skill. For 70min. we got nothing and then our first real good chance is a goal and from there it's downhill since Watford opened up. This team is not good, but it gets the results. It reminds me of United last season, but that streak will end (as we see now with United), so Jürgen better finds ways to improve us. The more I see from this team the more I hope for Keita or an addition in January.

Lovren played pretty good, tough one to favor Gomez from now on, don't u think?

Shaq again did not disappoint, he made some nice VERTICAL passes when we looked stale. But I also saw the first time why he's not a superstar: he's pretty slow.

We still don't pressure like we used to, I guess that's an order from Jürgen.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #307: Nov 24, 2018 06:42:30 pm
      Don't think we should knock us because of the first half performance. It was dictated largely by Watford sitting so deep. Trying to kill the game. Disappointed in a sense as they have looked decent in attack but that's the deepest defensive display from a home side that I've seen for a long time.

Bit of space in the second half and we used it well. Job done..on to PSG..
      I can't disagree with that
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Live: Watford V Liverpool
      Reply #308: Nov 24, 2018 06:43:11 pm
      Excellent three goals. Clean sheet. Job done!

(Hendo, you muppet)
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #309: Nov 24, 2018 06:45:47 pm
      Henderson is useless. I could play his part, it consists of easy back/side passes anyway.

Great win, feels like honey, but once again we have more luck than skill. For 70min. we got nothing and then our first real good chance is a goal and from there it's downhill since Watford opened up. This team is not good, but it gets the results. It reminds me of United last season, but that streak will end (as we see now with United), so Jürgen better finds ways to improve us. The more I see from this team the more I hope for Keita or an addition in January.

Shaq again did not disappoint, he made some nice VERTICAL passes when we looked stale. But I also saw the first time why he's not a superstar: he's pretty slow.

Judging by the way you spell FAVOUR, you'd be too busy shouting touchdown than to actually do Henderson's job, you soft tw*t!!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #310: Nov 24, 2018 06:47:28 pm
      Ref went over the top in sending off Hendo. Not much in both bookings. But as ever...give them a chance and they'll whip out the Red card sharpish.

If Hendo had not moaned over the first booking he might have got the benefit from the Ref....but give them the chance etc etc..
      Moaned about the first booking , the second foul third along with the warning from the ref, two nil up, had cover no need really, besides a rush of blood to his head...

Should make the midfield battle vs Everton more interesting has if he was fit he would have featured in not started
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #311: Nov 24, 2018 06:50:33 pm
      I thought Shaq did well and created chances. Alisson made that very important save that kept it 0-0, and Hendo was okay overall, but I thought his distribution was below average (as usual imo), just not as progressive as the other midfielders we have on the bench.
      played some nice quality passes (Shaqiri that is)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #312: Nov 24, 2018 06:53:00 pm
      Missed the game, was playing for my own team. Anyone care to sum up events?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #313: Nov 24, 2018 06:58:25 pm
      Missed the game, was playing for my own team. Anyone care to sum up events?

Moss is a c**t, Hendos a dumbass and we played like pretty much every other game this season.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #314: Nov 24, 2018 07:33:23 pm

Stopped reading your post after three lines. Same old same old.

Tough, resolute, no pushovers, clean sheet and three goals.

We win every week. You whinge every week.

Keep it coming I say.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #315: Nov 24, 2018 07:38:04 pm
      I went for Trent for MOTM.  Watford were going at him all game and he answered well.

His brilliant free kick sealed my vote
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #316: Nov 24, 2018 07:44:45 pm
      We win every week. You whinge every week.
      Keep it coming I say.

Don't you worry. We can play better and therefore I moan till we play better.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #317: Nov 24, 2018 08:12:47 pm
      Don't you worry. We can play better and therefore I moan till we play better.

Ah just F**k off.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #318: Nov 24, 2018 08:37:51 pm
      Scrappy first half with our best chance from the free header Mo had at the far post just before half time.
      World class save from Allison kept us in it that half to be honest.

Second half much better pressing and it paid off.
      Trent and Robbo found much more space down the flanks and both put in great performances to change the game for us.

Once we scored the game became much more open and we took control.
      Trent's free kick was class and Robbo's run down the wing for the third was class too.

Not sure what happened with Hendo, almost like the red mist came down.
      He was even mouthing off to the ref minutes after getting his first yellow.

Just gotta keep winning and scooping those 3 points up week after week !

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 242 
      Reply #319: Nov 24, 2018 08:46:48 pm
      Moss is a c**t, Hendos a dumbass and we played like pretty much every other game this season.

Yep  that about sums it up
      Hendo has no football brain, why the hell didn't he stop dead when the bloke had hold of his shirt and exaggerate the situation
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #320: Nov 24, 2018 09:33:52 pm
      A good result 3-0 and 3 points in the bag what more would anybody want----------I know 4-0 :f_tongueincheek:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #321: Nov 24, 2018 09:36:50 pm
      This was always gonna be a tough game. Just glad we got through it with three points.
      We’ve dropped points in these sort of fixtures too often in the past, so three points today is a welcome reward. Well done to everyone, I couldn’t see the game today but look forward to motd tonight.

Quick Reply