Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Napoli [Champions League] Tue 11th Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 10th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W5 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      21 (23.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      24 (26.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      13 (14.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      5 (5.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      8 (8.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      3 (3.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (3.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      6 (6.7%)
      Mo Salah
      5 (5.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: Nov 27, 2018 04:55:07 pm

Watford 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 3520 times
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,094 posts | 1693 
      Re: Watford 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #330: Nov 24, 2018 11:17:13 pm
      Henderson had his shirt torn off him for his first yellow and  he let it affect him but he did take it for the team.
      Jürgen will have a word no doubt but how good is it to see our wing backs scoring and creating

If it wasn't Henderson who got those two yellows there wouldn't be anywhere near the amount of talk about it.

But some folk just get a bit weird when Jordan is concerned.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,294 posts | 1737 
      Reply #331: Nov 24, 2018 11:17:45 pm
      If it wasn't Henderson who got those two yellows there wouldn't be anywhere near the amount of talk about it.

On the money Si
      Court LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,418 posts | 164 
      Reply #332: Nov 24, 2018 11:54:53 pm
      No idea mate?

If you can't enjoy the position we're in with most likely our best football still ahead of us then I'm not sure what the point is.

I think when Jürgen told us to be angry some got the wrong end of the stick?

Made up once again to see the Reds win. We hung in there, in the end they couldn't contain us. Grit.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,950 posts | 2367 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #333: Nov 25, 2018 12:14:24 am

Pretty much.

Daft challenge to get himself sent off and deserved a yellow, but those first three fouls were nonsense.

Watched it back now and Bob was outstanding. Looked so sharp. The whole backline was also superb and gave VVD my MOTM because he just won everything.

Could’ve given it to Bob, Rob or TAA also.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,361 posts | 315 
      Reply #334: Nov 25, 2018 12:17:18 am
      Would have taken the ugliest flukiest 1-0 from this one so a (relatively) comfortable 3-0 with the attack looking good is a massive bonus just after international break. Think we’ll bat aside the bitters next week but gives me a lot of confidence we’ll take care of Burnley and Bournemouth afterwards. Say it quietly but it looks like we’re starting to click
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,726 posts | 220 
      Reply #335: Nov 25, 2018 12:38:40 am
      The sending off was a farce. The first foul was actually a foul by the Watford player. The second foul was borderline yellow card. Much has been made of Hendo complaining and moaning over the first yellow. In that instance Henderson made his complaint to the Ref but then carried on mouthing off as Watford were taking the free kick. The Ref then stopped Watford and called Hendo over for another bollocking.

Then he made another innocuous challenge, and this was near the half way line. It was a foul, not a yellow card offence. Ref could say Hendo was gaining an advantage by preventing a Watford attack, well a bit but the Ref probably still a bit narked at Hendo, produced the Red Card. Farce...avoidable farce.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,730 posts | 220 
      Reply #336: Nov 25, 2018 02:51:07 am
      Big fan of the 4-2-3-1 formation but feel that the boss isn’t utilizing our front players correctly.
      At the back the system clearly gives us far more defensive resiliency but up front I feel Klopp is picking players in the incorrect positions.
      Salah scored so many goals, created assists and made space for others last season when he was played on the right and could cut into the space opened up by Bobby.
      With Mo upfront it looks like he is being stunted in his potential attacking threat. It’s becomes all about him playing on the shoulder or trying to
      hold the ball up...which is tough for the little fella.
      I would put mo back to the right side, move Bobby back to the pinnacle and have Shaqiri in the number 10 role.
      Honestly feel that selection would get the best out of all of them.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,675 posts | 1054 
      Reply #337: Nov 25, 2018 03:11:47 am
      The sending off was a farce. The first foul was actually a foul by the Watford player. The second foul was borderline yellow card. Much has been made of Hendo complaining and moaning over the first yellow. In that instance Henderson made his complaint to the Ref but then carried on mouthing off as Watford were taking the free kick. The Ref then stopped Watford and called Hendo over for another bollocking.

Then he made another innocuous challenge, and this was near the half way line. It was a foul, not a yellow card offence. Ref could say Hendo was gaining an advantage by preventing a Watford attack, well a bit but the Ref probably still a bit narked at Hendo, produced the Red Card. Farce...avoidable farce.
      Hendo made silly challenges a few times. Players can never untalk themselves a yellow, but they can talk themselves off the pitch. I think Henderson pissed the ref off and then gave the ref an excuse to send him off.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,437 posts | 1676 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #338: Nov 25, 2018 06:26:48 am
      We're playing stuck in third gear but it is enough for now. We just need to win in Paris to qualify.

Robertson and Trent had a good game. Front three are getting their mojo back.
      Muzzman1969
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 882 posts | 37 
      Reply #339: Nov 25, 2018 06:56:41 am
      We do seem to be a far more balanced team this season, and while we are not playing as well as we can by a long way, we are getting the results.  I keep hearing how well City are playing but at this stage we are still right there with them.

Robbo's play for the third goal was outstanding when you consider that we were 2 up, down to 10 men and in the last minute.  I think that he is also right in with a shout as our next captain/vice captain - he is everything I want in a Liverpool player.

Great result against a team who have I think have made one of in not their best top flight start.

Just thought we could have conceded a late one (I went for 3-1!)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,977 posts | 3646 
      Reply #340: Nov 25, 2018 08:35:09 am
      Big fan of the 4-2-3-1 formation but feel that the boss isn’t utilizing our front players correctly.
      At the back the system clearly gives us far more defensive resiliency but up front I feel Klopp is picking players in the incorrect positions.
      Salah scored so many goals, created assists and made space for others last season when he was played on the right and could cut into the space opened up by Bobby.
      With Mo upfront it looks like he is being stunted in his potential attacking threat. It’s becomes all about him playing on the shoulder or trying to
      hold the ball up...which is tough for the little fella.

Agree with this.  Not a fan of him becoming more of a 'target man' - he's looked better this season in passages of play coming in from the wing than being in the middle IMO.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,583 posts | 442 
      Reply #341: Nov 25, 2018 08:48:09 am
      We do seem to be a far more balanced team this season, and while we are not playing as well as we can by a long way, we are getting the results.  I keep hearing how well City are playing but at this stage we are still right there with them.

This fact alone must keep Pep awake at night. How much upside we have compared to City and we're still just one City slip up away from top spot.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,405 posts | 691 
      • YNWA
      Reply #342: Nov 25, 2018 08:55:17 am
      Watched the highlights on MOTD.
      Great free kick from TAA, and though Salah might not be on fire he's getting important goals.
      And good to see Bob nick one.
      Still not at our best but keeping pace with City who look in full flow.
      So what if Hendo got sent off, do we not want someone in there being getting niggly fouls and disrupting play. OK, ideally don't want him to get sent off, but getting digs into Hendo because of it seems over the top given the comfortable win.
      Massive game midweek, need not to loose, looking forward to it :)  this is where we want to be .. up near the top in the PL and playing the best in the CL. Good times :)

heimdall

• 7,180 posts | 1357 
      Reply #343: Nov 25, 2018 09:01:53 am
      Agree with this.  Not a fan of him becoming more of a 'target man' - he's looked better this season in passages of play coming in from the wing than being in the middle IMO.

Yes the front three are still not quite right but I feel that Shaq is giving the whole attack more dimension and options, its all moving in the right direction and surely Citeh have to take their foot off the gas at some point.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,818 posts | 1358 
      Reply #344: Nov 25, 2018 09:12:27 am

If Shaq were to play the 10 role, we wouldn't necessary need a false 9, would we? Someone like a Fowler or Owen, or maybe a Kane or Icardi type... either way, a proper striker (I wonder if Pulisic can be converted :D) would be very interesting vs defensive teams.
      Ribapuru

• 9,675 posts | 1054 
      Reply #345: Nov 25, 2018 11:00:41 am
      Great free kick from TAA, and though Salah might not be on fire he's getting important goals.
      So what if Hendo got sent off, do we not want someone in there being getting niggly fouls and disrupting play. OK, ideally don't want him to get sent off, but getting digs into Hendo because of it seems over the top given the comfortable win.
      Massive game midweek, need not to loose, looking forward to it :)  this is where we want to be .. up near the top in the PL and playing the best in the CL. Good times :)
      you need to think about the bigger picture. He was fouling so much because he struggled, he struggled because his form is not very good right now. If he struggled against Watford how can he take on PSG? Klopp made two mistakes, 1) Picking him when he wasn't ready and 2) not getting him off the field soon enough. I posted on this very forum that Henderson should start back to face Everton but until then be on the bench. Now he's suspended! He's going to play against PSG probably due to the suspension and his mentality from the red card has probably caused us another problem. The second booking was stupid by him, but Klopp must share a bit of the blame because when a player isn't on their game it affects them. He shouldn't just be an auto pick because captain anymore.
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2018 11:05:20 am by Ribapuru »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,124 posts | 2705 
      Reply #346: Nov 25, 2018 11:37:21 am
      We have far more options than just blowing away teams in a 20 min burst we have a structure and a plan for each game.
      All the stats for this season are just of the charts and I cant see those posters not thinking we will get over 90 points now and I honestly think City who are bang on form now will have a poor patch whilst our form is improving game after game.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,020 posts | 2961 
      Reply #347: Nov 25, 2018 02:07:22 pm

Agree entirely with your initial comment, we are kicking on in spite of not realising our full potential and a three goal away win is no better proof.

Did criticise Henderson meself for his reckless play but given the fact that it was a comfortable win makes it less excusable I would have thought, his reaction to a shirt pull which the ref missed and him pushing the player in retaliation  (which the ref did see) was nothing short of girly.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,726 posts | 220 
      Reply #348: Nov 25, 2018 02:33:21 pm
      On the BBC red button, they claimed our defence was "shaky throughout"...WTF...load of crap. Watford's attack was atrocious, apart from Alison making one or two smart saves our defence had an easy day. Both TAA and Robbo spent most of the game as attacking wing backs.

Said before the game Shaq hasn't had a quiet game so far..then he has his quietest game for a long time. Mane was in the same boat, in the first half, apart from one chance. Came into it more as we focused out attack down the left. Won't be many teams have such a cushy number at Watford as we did.
      GERNS

• 6,710 posts | 409 
      Reply #349: Nov 25, 2018 03:20:18 pm
      See even the motd pundits were highlighting Hendos meaningless sideways and backwards passing, while he clearly had more offensive passes available. He thereby slowed the attack and turned the momentum from positive to negative !
      So it’s not just me 🤷🏼‍♂️
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,124 posts | 2705 
      Reply #350: Nov 25, 2018 03:31:17 pm
      On the BBC red button, they claimed our defence was "shaky throughout"...WTF...load of crap. Watford's attack was atrocious, apart from Alison making one or two smart saves our defence had an easy day. Both TAA and Robbo spent most of the game as attacking wing backs.

Saw that quote and it did make me laugh 13 games with a dodgy defence but only 5 goals conceded I'll take that
      heimdall

• 7,180 posts | 1357 
      Reply #351: Nov 25, 2018 03:52:09 pm
      Saw that quote and it did make me laugh 13 games with a dodgy defence but only 5 goals conceded I'll take that

Imagine what we could do with a good defence ;-)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,124 posts | 2705 
      Reply #352: Nov 25, 2018 04:05:52 pm
      Imagine what we could do with a good defence ;-)

or a good goalkeeper we could conquer the world.
      The good thing about our goalie is that we hardly notice him which is such a bonus.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,294 posts | 1737 
      Reply #353: Nov 25, 2018 04:37:41 pm
      See even the motd pundits were highlighting Hendos meaningless sideways and backwards passing, while he clearly had more offensive passes available. He thereby slowed the attack and turned the momentum from positive to negative !

They picked 2isleading stills - one of Hendo and one of Robbo.

In neither situation was the pass really on as the defenders were alert to it and covering.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,700 posts | 3373 
      Reply #354: Nov 25, 2018 05:10:37 pm

Apart from the obvious couple of attacks Watford had, was petty much a quiet day for our back line.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,020 posts | 2961 
      Reply #355: Nov 25, 2018 06:03:50 pm

Said before the game Shaq hasn't had a quiet game so far..then he has his quietest game for a long time. Mane was in the same boat, in the first half, apart from one chance. Came into it more as we focused out attack down the left. Won't be many teams have such a cushy number at Watford as we did.

Exactly the reason I kill the volume on MOTD.
      We can all see what's going on and don't need the views of a biased commentator out to sensationalise.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,270 posts | 1733 
      Reply #356: Nov 25, 2018 06:08:41 pm

Take a snapshot of an unfolding situation, of less than a second duration out of nearly 100 minutes of football then use that snapshot to make a judgement on a player.

What I watched was remarkably different; I saw a pass that would have been cut out by a defender anticipating it and stepping out to intercept, which was seen as the frame rolled on.
      So instead of losing the ball, he took the correct option, and passed so that we went down the other flank.

FFS, the other day we had a numpty holding up Phil F***ing Neville as a coaching and formation guru, with his Uefa B license, and now this, a snapshot with absolutely no context being used as a stick to beat the skipper with.
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2018 06:20:44 pm by Swab »
      Ribapuru

• 9,675 posts | 1054 
      Reply #357: Nov 25, 2018 06:52:45 pm
      Take a snapshot of an unfolding situation, of less than a second duration out of nearly 100 minutes of football then use that snapshot to make a judgement on a player.

What I watched was remarkably different; I saw a pass that would have been cut out by a defender anticipating it and stepping out to intercept, which was seen as the frame rolled on.
      So instead of losing the ball, he took the correct option, and passed so that we went down the other flank.

FFS, the other day we had a numpty holding up Phil F***ing Neville as a coaching and formation guru, with his Uefa B license, and now this, a snapshot with absolutely no context being used as a stick to beat the skipper with.
      Ignore Swab posting trash like this. Had those pundits been complementing Henderson he'd be pointing it out, but if it's criticism it's insults and discrediting.

Henderson probably had the worst game of his season.

Additionally, I saw what a user posted about Philip Neville. Swab, like always is twisting and exaggerating that.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,950 posts | 2367 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #358: Nov 25, 2018 07:41:21 pm
      There was one pass I was annoyed Hendo didn’t make all game and it was very similar to what Bobby played to Mané for the goal. Apart from that he was okay.

On to Paris! Can’t bloody wait for that. Going to be a belter.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,270 posts | 1733 
      Reply #359: Nov 25, 2018 08:18:40 pm
      Ignore Swab posting trash like this. Had those pundits been complementing Henderson he'd be pointing it out, but if it's criticism it's insults and discrediting.

Henderson probably had the worst game of his season.

Additionally, I saw what a user posted about Philip Neville. Swab, like always is twisting and exaggerating that.

Worst WUM attempt ever.

Quick Reply