Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      21 (23.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      24 (26.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      13 (14.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      5 (5.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      8 (8.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      3 (3.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (3.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      6 (6.7%)
      Mo Salah
      5 (5.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: Nov 27, 2018 04:55:07 pm

Watford 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24711 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Watford 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Nov 25, 2018 11:00:41 am
      Watched the highlights on MOTD.
      Great free kick from TAA, and though Salah might not be on fire he's getting important goals.
      And good to see Bob nick one.
      Still not at our best but keeping pace with City who look in full flow.
      So what if Hendo got sent off, do we not want someone in there being getting niggly fouls and disrupting play. OK, ideally don't want him to get sent off, but getting digs into Hendo because of it seems over the top given the comfortable win.
      Massive game midweek, need not to loose, looking forward to it :)  this is where we want to be .. up near the top in the PL and playing the best in the CL. Good times :)
      you need to think about the bigger picture. He was fouling so much because he struggled, he struggled because his form is not very good right now. If he struggled against Watford how can he take on PSG? Klopp made two mistakes, 1) Picking him when he wasn't ready and 2) not getting him off the field soon enough. I posted on this very forum that Henderson should start back to face Everton but until then be on the bench. Now he's suspended! He's going to play against PSG probably due to the suspension and his mentality from the red card has probably caused us another problem. The second booking was stupid by him, but Klopp must share a bit of the blame because when a player isn't on their game it affects them. He shouldn't just be an auto pick because captain anymore.
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2018 11:05:20 am by Ribapuru »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #346: Nov 25, 2018 11:37:21 am
      We have far more options than just blowing away teams in a 20 min burst we have a structure and a plan for each game.
      All the stats for this season are just of the charts and I cant see those posters not thinking we will get over 90 points now and I honestly think City who are bang on form now will have a poor patch whilst our form is improving game after game.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #347: Nov 25, 2018 02:07:22 pm
      Watched the highlights on MOTD.
      Great free kick from TAA, and though Salah might not be on fire he's getting important goals.
      And good to see Bob nick one.
      Still not at our best but keeping pace with City who look in full flow.
      So what if Hendo got sent off, do we not want someone in there being getting niggly fouls and disrupting play. OK, ideally don't want him to get sent off, but getting digs into Hendo because of it seems over the top given the comfortable win.
      Massive game midweek, need not to loose, looking forward to it :)  this is where we want to be .. up near the top in the PL and playing the best in the CL. Good times :)

Agree entirely with your initial comment, we are kicking on in spite of not realising our full potential and a three goal away win is no better proof.

Did criticise Henderson meself for his reckless play but given the fact that it was a comfortable win makes it less excusable I would have thought, his reaction to a shirt pull which the ref missed and him pushing the player in retaliation  (which the ref did see) was nothing short of girly.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #348: Nov 25, 2018 02:33:21 pm
      On the BBC red button, they claimed our defence was "shaky throughout"...WTF...load of crap. Watford's attack was atrocious, apart from Alison making one or two smart saves our defence had an easy day. Both TAA and Robbo spent most of the game as attacking wing backs.

Said before the game Shaq hasn't had a quiet game so far..then he has his quietest game for a long time. Mane was in the same boat, in the first half, apart from one chance. Came into it more as we focused out attack down the left. Won't be many teams have such a cushy number at Watford as we did.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #349: Nov 25, 2018 03:20:18 pm
      See even the motd pundits were highlighting Hendos meaningless sideways and backwards passing, while he clearly had more offensive passes available. He thereby slowed the attack and turned the momentum from positive to negative !
      So it’s not just me 🤷🏼‍♂️
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #350: Nov 25, 2018 03:31:17 pm
      On the BBC red button, they claimed our defence was "shaky throughout"...WTF...load of crap. Watford's attack was atrocious, apart from Alison making one or two smart saves our defence had an easy day. Both TAA and Robbo spent most of the game as attacking wing backs.

Saw that quote and it did make me laugh 13 games with a dodgy defence but only 5 goals conceded I'll take that
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #351: Nov 25, 2018 03:52:09 pm
      Saw that quote and it did make me laugh 13 games with a dodgy defence but only 5 goals conceded I'll take that

Imagine what we could do with a good defence ;-)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #352: Nov 25, 2018 04:05:52 pm
      Imagine what we could do with a good defence ;-)

or a good goalkeeper we could conquer the world.
      The good thing about our goalie is that we hardly notice him which is such a bonus.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #353: Nov 25, 2018 04:37:41 pm
      See even the motd pundits were highlighting Hendos meaningless sideways and backwards passing, while he clearly had more offensive passes available. He thereby slowed the attack and turned the momentum from positive to negative !

They picked 2isleading stills - one of Hendo and one of Robbo.

In neither situation was the pass really on as the defenders were alert to it and covering.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #354: Nov 25, 2018 05:10:37 pm

Apart from the obvious couple of attacks Watford had, was petty much a quiet day for our back line.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #355: Nov 25, 2018 06:03:50 pm

Said before the game Shaq hasn't had a quiet game so far..then he has his quietest game for a long time. Mane was in the same boat, in the first half, apart from one chance. Came into it more as we focused out attack down the left. Won't be many teams have such a cushy number at Watford as we did.

Exactly the reason I kill the volume on MOTD.
      We can all see what's going on and don't need the views of a biased commentator out to sensationalise.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #356: Nov 25, 2018 06:08:41 pm

Take a snapshot of an unfolding situation, of less than a second duration out of nearly 100 minutes of football then use that snapshot to make a judgement on a player.

What I watched was remarkably different; I saw a pass that would have been cut out by a defender anticipating it and stepping out to intercept, which was seen as the frame rolled on.
      So instead of losing the ball, he took the correct option, and passed so that we went down the other flank.

FFS, the other day we had a numpty holding up Phil F***ing Neville as a coaching and formation guru, with his Uefa B license, and now this, a snapshot with absolutely no context being used as a stick to beat the skipper with.
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2018 06:20:44 pm by Swab »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #357: Nov 25, 2018 06:52:45 pm
      Take a snapshot of an unfolding situation, of less than a second duration out of nearly 100 minutes of football then use that snapshot to make a judgement on a player.

What I watched was remarkably different; I saw a pass that would have been cut out by a defender anticipating it and stepping out to intercept, which was seen as the frame rolled on.
      So instead of losing the ball, he took the correct option, and passed so that we went down the other flank.

FFS, the other day we had a numpty holding up Phil F***ing Neville as a coaching and formation guru, with his Uefa B license, and now this, a snapshot with absolutely no context being used as a stick to beat the skipper with.
      Ignore Swab posting trash like this. Had those pundits been complementing Henderson he'd be pointing it out, but if it's criticism it's insults and discrediting.

Henderson probably had the worst game of his season.

Additionally, I saw what a user posted about Philip Neville. Swab, like always is twisting and exaggerating that.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #358: Nov 25, 2018 07:41:21 pm
      There was one pass I was annoyed Hendo didn’t make all game and it was very similar to what Bobby played to Mané for the goal. Apart from that he was okay.

On to Paris! Can’t bloody wait for that. Going to be a belter.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #359: Nov 25, 2018 08:18:40 pm
      Ignore Swab posting trash like this. Had those pundits been complementing Henderson he'd be pointing it out, but if it's criticism it's insults and discrediting.

Henderson probably had the worst game of his season.

Additionally, I saw what a user posted about Philip Neville. Swab, like always is twisting and exaggerating that.

Worst WUM attempt ever.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #360: Nov 25, 2018 09:12:14 pm
      if people don't quote the idiot I don't have to read his posts that bring me out in a rash. What is the point of ignoring someone only to see the crap they post just when you least expect it.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #361: Nov 25, 2018 11:59:23 pm
      I was worried about this one beforehand, even before the break. Every banana skin cop out for not winning was available; first game after the break, tiredness, cold, tough place to go to, busparkers, ref, etc. Thankfully, we only slipped on the last one when the game was already in the bag, of which more anon.

With West Ham unable to put up any resistance to City, the signs looked ominous for us at half time, and if you had offered me 3-0 after an hour, I would have asked "how?" We were struggling to create chances, let alone break them down, and more posters were queueing up to say things about us after the game, than just German Panzer. Then the goal finally came, they had to come out and the floodgates opened up. The 3-0 scoreline looks like we won the easy way, but it was anything but until we went in front.

It looked like it would get even more difficult when they had a penalty appeal at 0-0. With Moss in charge, I expected him to give it, as he's one of the worst refs in the league, but it was the correct decision.

I'm always wanting Hendo to lead by example, take the game by the scruff of the neck and keep a cool head, after all that's what captains do on days like this, in games like that. I don't think I called for the shoving of opponents in their back in their own half. Moss may be keen to dish out red cards to Liverpool players, but Hendo gave him little option this time. It's our first red card since City away last year in the league. Ref? You guessed it.

Other than that, 3 goals and 3 points to give us 33 in total, and another tricky away game safely negotiated. There's only one more trip to London left, away to Fulham.

One other thing though. We've scored just 3 times in the league, and 5 goals overall, before half time in the past two months. We used to be known for flying out of the blocks and getting games won by half time. Now we're usually having to wait a bit longer, but while we're still winning, I suppose it's better late than never.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #362: Nov 26, 2018 03:59:14 am
      It wasn't a WUM attempt. It was a response to you calling people "numpties" and discrediting pundits on MOTD just to suit your argument. You can't debate, with you it's just insults and discredit. When all fails you start quoting Klopp and when what Klopp days doesn't fit you say managers aren't always honest. At the end of the day, you don't even attempt to understand other users opinions and never even think to consider they have a point worth debating. How many times have you ever conceded that another forum member was right and you had an altered perspective? I'm guessing it's zero and you call people "numpties" or "wum". Regarding Phillip Neville, I've no idea what he said but I'd imagine he was more accurate than you, as would I say the person you were insulting would be. There's only so long you can insult and not debate a point before people assume you don't know what you're talking about.

It's not being a WUM when I said Henderson had the worst game of his season so far, Squawka, Mirror and numerous other sites rated him below 6/10 for the first time this season. What will you do to discredit this? Say Mirror has an agenda against Henderson?

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-player-ratings-vs-watford-13638247.amp

Sent off, two daft bookings. Failed to make incisive contributions from the middle of the pitch.

So will you

A) Agree
      B) Debate, provide counter argument with evidence
      C) Attempt to discredit and call me names
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2018 04:13:57 am by Ribapuru »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #363: Nov 26, 2018 04:53:03 am

Nice of you to call me a numpty and making me reply and going off topic.

You really are a bit of a c**t, aren't you? I have disagreed with many on here, and you are the first on the forums that resorts to name calling towards me. Seriously, how old are you? (hope you are still a teen, at least you would have an excuse).

But yeah, Klopp is better qualified and knows more which makes us all wrong when we disagree or criticise (according to you), however, even though P.Neville is better qualified and knows more, he is wrong and you are right, right? ;)

He is an absolute c**t, isn't he? Had some PM's warning me about him, how he gets angry easily and can't let things go when being challenged, it's either agree with him or you get attacked by him.

And thanks, I have noticed reading back some of his posts, he does go off the mark a lot when he doesn't agree with an opinion, which usually leads to insults, lies and exaggerations. Definitely SJW/NPC tendencies going on, scary stuff!!!!
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2018 05:21:17 am by PurpleMonkey »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #364: Nov 26, 2018 05:15:50 am
      It wasn't a WUM attempt. It was a response to you calling people "numpties" and discrediting pundits on MOTD just to suit your argument. You can't debate, with you it's just insults and discredit. When all fails you start quoting Klopp and when what Klopp days doesn't fit you say managers aren't always honest. At the end of the day, you don't even attempt to understand other users opinions and never even think to consider they have a point worth debating. How many times have you ever conceded that another forum member was right and you had an altered perspective? I'm guessing it's zero and you call people "numpties" or "wum". Regarding Phillip Neville, I've no idea what he said but I'd imagine he was more accurate than you, as would I say the person you were insulting would be. There's only so long you can insult and not debate a point before people assume you don't know what you're talking about.

Majority of the time, I disagree with P.Neville, Owen, Savage, Hartson etc and consider them muppets! But I am sure we have all agreed with these muppets from time to time, right? There is no disputing they are better qualified with access to more data than us. However, no matter how qualified or better equipped they are, they still have a differing opinion, just like how it is with Klopp, his opinion is not always right (unless you have Swab's logic!) and usually, we fan's would probably get something right over him!!

As for what the legendary P.Neville said, he explained how our system changes when using a double pivot oppose to a 3 man midfield with examples, and even watching the Watford match, you can clearly see (yet again) 4231 differs to 433.
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2018 05:20:04 am by PurpleMonkey »
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #365: Nov 26, 2018 05:17:53 am
      I like cake 🎂
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #366: Nov 26, 2018 11:12:10 am
      Did we ever get to the bottom of whether it should or shouldn't have been a penalty for Watford? 

I know Will Hughes made the most of it - but did Robbo actually catch him or not?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #367: Nov 26, 2018 11:16:11 am
      With Keita and Shaqiri being runners and Gini our only decent true CM right now,  I think your talking out where the sun doesn't shine. Ox can play multiple roles, but he's publicly said he wants to play CM and we need him there. We don't know Shaqiris role today yet either, he might be ATM in a 3 or #10 ahead of a double pivot. That's yet to be seen.

Quick Reply