Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      21 (23.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      24 (26.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      13 (14.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      5 (5.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      8 (8.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      3 (3.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (3.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      6 (6.7%)
      Mo Salah
      5 (5.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: Nov 27, 2018 04:55:07 pm

Watford 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24710 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Watford 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Nov 24, 2018 09:55:12 pm
      Not easy to play against 11 behind the ball for so long. What I can see is that our players have become more mature from game to game. They just don;t give up and kept trying and trying and trying . Very happy with the results after a long international break. Absolutely no complaints at all.

Slightly disappointed with Hendo.  I thought the foul was unnecessary, they have a long way to go to score. But again, they could score and changed the whole complex of the game and hendo may have saved us. We will never know. But the body language is there. I think hendo knows competition will be intense and he may not get much game time in future and he has perhaps over exerted to prove himself.

Of course this is all based on body language, but I'm afraid the future doesn't look good for hendo when we still have Ox and Keita. Alison save is a very good and important one and happy that the front 3 doing well and Salah and Bobby scored. Lets keep pace with Man City and make sure that we remain consistent and to wait for City to stumble. They will, it's a matter of time. Very happy also that MU drew and lets see what else is maureen moaning.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #323: Nov 24, 2018 09:56:30 pm
      Never saw or managed to read any in game reports.

Delighted with the win, score and another clean sheet.

Henderson's red card made him MOTM for me, in hoping some people go into apoplexy. All of his detractors should be delighted as he's going to miss the derby now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #324: Nov 24, 2018 10:00:38 pm
      3-0 away win and still unbeaten.

What more can you ask for on a Saturday evening eh?

Missed the game so waiting on MOTD and great to see Firmino back among the goals.

On a side note we're going to do Guradiolas head totally in this season I think. They're playing outstanding football yet still can't pull away from us.

Bring it on.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #325: Nov 24, 2018 10:13:24 pm
      Why are people still moaning? Our performances are not as easy on the eye, but we're scrapping and coming away with points. (I've not seen the performance today, mind.)

Three points are three points, and we're consistently coming away with them.

I'll be back after Match of The Day... Up the three nil, three point away winning Reds!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #326: Nov 24, 2018 10:22:17 pm

No idea mate?

If you can't enjoy the position we're in with most likely our best football still ahead of us then I'm not sure what the point is.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #327: Nov 24, 2018 10:46:51 pm
      I voted Bob MOTM. His movement without the ball looked awesome and he played a part in all 3 goals.

Robbo just doesn’t quit. His motor is out of this world. Love him

Lovern is the best 3rd option center halve in the league. He looked good

Trent looks better going forward. His play in the Fulham game has give him some confidence. 2 goals for club and country.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #328: Nov 24, 2018 10:48:21 pm
      Get the F**k in...not the most polished performance but still scored 3 and kept a clean sheet.

Hendo and Klopp what the F**k? Kloppo should have brought on Fabinho as soon as Jordan finished mouthing off.

Anyways still unbeaten, we roll on to the Bitters.

VVD my MOTM. Masterclass display all game. What a Beast.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #329: Nov 24, 2018 11:09:17 pm
      Henderson had his shirt torn off him for his first yellow and  he let it affect him but he did take it for the team.
      Jürgen will have a word no doubt but how good is it to see our wing backs scoring and creating
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #330: Nov 24, 2018 11:17:13 pm
      Henderson had his shirt torn off him for his first yellow and  he let it affect him but he did take it for the team.
      Jürgen will have a word no doubt but how good is it to see our wing backs scoring and creating

If it wasn't Henderson who got those two yellows there wouldn't be anywhere near the amount of talk about it.

But some folk just get a bit weird when Jordan is concerned.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #331: Nov 24, 2018 11:17:45 pm
      If it wasn't Henderson who got those two yellows there wouldn't be anywhere near the amount of talk about it.

On the money Si
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #332: Nov 24, 2018 11:54:53 pm
      No idea mate?

If you can't enjoy the position we're in with most likely our best football still ahead of us then I'm not sure what the point is.

I think when Jürgen told us to be angry some got the wrong end of the stick?

Made up once again to see the Reds win. We hung in there, in the end they couldn't contain us. Grit.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #333: Nov 25, 2018 12:14:24 am

Pretty much.

Daft challenge to get himself sent off and deserved a yellow, but those first three fouls were nonsense.

Watched it back now and Bob was outstanding. Looked so sharp. The whole backline was also superb and gave VVD my MOTM because he just won everything.

Could’ve given it to Bob, Rob or TAA also.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #334: Nov 25, 2018 12:17:18 am
      Would have taken the ugliest flukiest 1-0 from this one so a (relatively) comfortable 3-0 with the attack looking good is a massive bonus just after international break. Think we’ll bat aside the bitters next week but gives me a lot of confidence we’ll take care of Burnley and Bournemouth afterwards. Say it quietly but it looks like we’re starting to click
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #335: Nov 25, 2018 12:38:40 am
      The sending off was a farce. The first foul was actually a foul by the Watford player. The second foul was borderline yellow card. Much has been made of Hendo complaining and moaning over the first yellow. In that instance Henderson made his complaint to the Ref but then carried on mouthing off as Watford were taking the free kick. The Ref then stopped Watford and called Hendo over for another bollocking.

Then he made another innocuous challenge, and this was near the half way line. It was a foul, not a yellow card offence. Ref could say Hendo was gaining an advantage by preventing a Watford attack, well a bit but the Ref probably still a bit narked at Hendo, produced the Red Card. Farce...avoidable farce.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #336: Nov 25, 2018 02:51:07 am
      Big fan of the 4-2-3-1 formation but feel that the boss isn’t utilizing our front players correctly.
      At the back the system clearly gives us far more defensive resiliency but up front I feel Klopp is picking players in the incorrect positions.
      Salah scored so many goals, created assists and made space for others last season when he was played on the right and could cut into the space opened up by Bobby.
      With Mo upfront it looks like he is being stunted in his potential attacking threat. It’s becomes all about him playing on the shoulder or trying to
      hold the ball up...which is tough for the little fella.
      I would put mo back to the right side, move Bobby back to the pinnacle and have Shaqiri in the number 10 role.
      Honestly feel that selection would get the best out of all of them.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #337: Nov 25, 2018 03:11:47 am
      The sending off was a farce. The first foul was actually a foul by the Watford player. The second foul was borderline yellow card. Much has been made of Hendo complaining and moaning over the first yellow. In that instance Henderson made his complaint to the Ref but then carried on mouthing off as Watford were taking the free kick. The Ref then stopped Watford and called Hendo over for another bollocking.

Then he made another innocuous challenge, and this was near the half way line. It was a foul, not a yellow card offence. Ref could say Hendo was gaining an advantage by preventing a Watford attack, well a bit but the Ref probably still a bit narked at Hendo, produced the Red Card. Farce...avoidable farce.
      Hendo made silly challenges a few times. Players can never untalk themselves a yellow, but they can talk themselves off the pitch. I think Henderson pissed the ref off and then gave the ref an excuse to send him off.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #338: Nov 25, 2018 06:26:48 am
      We're playing stuck in third gear but it is enough for now. We just need to win in Paris to qualify.

Robertson and Trent had a good game. Front three are getting their mojo back.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #339: Nov 25, 2018 06:56:41 am
      We do seem to be a far more balanced team this season, and while we are not playing as well as we can by a long way, we are getting the results.  I keep hearing how well City are playing but at this stage we are still right there with them.

Robbo's play for the third goal was outstanding when you consider that we were 2 up, down to 10 men and in the last minute.  I think that he is also right in with a shout as our next captain/vice captain - he is everything I want in a Liverpool player.

Great result against a team who have I think have made one of in not their best top flight start.

Just thought we could have conceded a late one (I went for 3-1!)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #340: Nov 25, 2018 08:35:09 am
      Big fan of the 4-2-3-1 formation but feel that the boss isn’t utilizing our front players correctly.
      At the back the system clearly gives us far more defensive resiliency but up front I feel Klopp is picking players in the incorrect positions.
      Salah scored so many goals, created assists and made space for others last season when he was played on the right and could cut into the space opened up by Bobby.
      With Mo upfront it looks like he is being stunted in his potential attacking threat. It’s becomes all about him playing on the shoulder or trying to
      hold the ball up...which is tough for the little fella.

Agree with this.  Not a fan of him becoming more of a 'target man' - he's looked better this season in passages of play coming in from the wing than being in the middle IMO.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #341: Nov 25, 2018 08:48:09 am
      We do seem to be a far more balanced team this season, and while we are not playing as well as we can by a long way, we are getting the results.  I keep hearing how well City are playing but at this stage we are still right there with them.

This fact alone must keep Pep awake at night. How much upside we have compared to City and we're still just one City slip up away from top spot.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #342: Nov 25, 2018 08:55:17 am
      Watched the highlights on MOTD.
      Great free kick from TAA, and though Salah might not be on fire he's getting important goals.
      And good to see Bob nick one.
      Still not at our best but keeping pace with City who look in full flow.
      So what if Hendo got sent off, do we not want someone in there being getting niggly fouls and disrupting play. OK, ideally don't want him to get sent off, but getting digs into Hendo because of it seems over the top given the comfortable win.
      Massive game midweek, need not to loose, looking forward to it :)  this is where we want to be .. up near the top in the PL and playing the best in the CL. Good times :)

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #343: Nov 25, 2018 09:01:53 am
      Agree with this.  Not a fan of him becoming more of a 'target man' - he's looked better this season in passages of play coming in from the wing than being in the middle IMO.

Yes the front three are still not quite right but I feel that Shaq is giving the whole attack more dimension and options, its all moving in the right direction and surely Citeh have to take their foot off the gas at some point.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #344: Nov 25, 2018 09:12:27 am

If Shaq were to play the 10 role, we wouldn't necessary need a false 9, would we? Someone like a Fowler or Owen, or maybe a Kane or Icardi type... either way, a proper striker (I wonder if Pulisic can be converted :D) would be very interesting vs defensive teams.

Quick Reply