Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Napoli [Champions League] Tue 11th Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 10th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W5 D7 L8

Pre-Match: PSG V Liverpool (28/11/18 - 20:00)

Read 1824 times
      PGlynn91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,324 posts | 202 
      • To win just once...
      Pre-Match: PSG V Liverpool (28/11/18 - 20:00)
      Nov 25, 2018 02:03:14 pm

A must not lose game so can't see Shaqiri starting with the front three. Henderson likely to start as he misses the Derby and Klopp trusts him for these big away games. I still cannot see Keita getting the nod unfortunately and I wouldn't play Fabinho.

I think we can do these. They are full of big names but there is something off about them as a team. I'll say 1-1 though which leaves us needeing to beat Napoli at home more than likely.

Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,842 posts | 517 
      Re: Pre-Match: PSG V Liverpool (28/11/18 - 20:00)
      Reply #1: Nov 26, 2018 12:53:07 am

A must not lose game so can't see Shaqiri starting with the front three. Henderson likely to start as he misses the Derby and Klopp trusts him for these big away games. I still cannot see Keita getting the nod unfortunately and I wouldn't play Fabinho.

I think we can do these. They are full of big names but there is something off about them as a team. I'll say 1-1 though which leaves us needeing to beat Napoli at home more than likely.

Hopefully Gomez can go, although Lovren played well on Saturday. Agree that Gini, Hendo and Milner are the midfield.

I notice the USA TV people are making us pay per view games more often now. They've figured out who has the hardest core fans and willing to pay to watch. Sad development for some of us.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | 150 
      Reply #2: Nov 26, 2018 12:59:10 am
      Hopefully Gomez can go, although Lovren played well on Saturday. Agree that Gini, Hendo and Milner are the midfield.

I notice the USA TV people are making us pay per view games more often now. They've figured out who has the hardest core fans and willing to pay to watch. Sad development for some of us.

Doesn't TNT show the group stage then Fox (i believe) does the knockout rounds, which anyone can watch assuming they have those channels in their cable package?
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,675 posts | 1054 
      Reply #3: Nov 26, 2018 01:36:44 am
      I'd put Gini as number 6 and have Keita and Milner as the two central. Henderson isn't playing well right now. I'd start Henderson against Burnley and Bournemouth though.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,842 posts | 517 
      Reply #4: Nov 26, 2018 04:01:46 am
      Doesn't TNT show the group stage then Fox (i believe) does the knockout rounds, which anyone can watch assuming they have those channels in their cable package?

I thought TNT won right for the whole thing. They are only showing two matches per day in the group stage, so always six matches only available on pay-per-view (streaming).  For at least round of 16 and quarterfinals, there will be some matches not available on live TV.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,776 posts | 2431 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5: Nov 26, 2018 04:23:32 am
      I've got a really bad feeling about this one.

I know why and I'm shitting bricks here.

Gonna be one hell of a game. Hope we take our game to new heights, we are going to need to if we want to take anything away with us.

Not looking forward to this at all but at the same time I'm buzzing to knock those Frogs off and then hopefully it all doesn't depend on the Napoli home match.
      Billy1

• 9,948 posts | 1389 
      Reply #6: Nov 26, 2018 06:37:21 am
      Beat P.S.G. and the  pressure goes off for the knock out stages of this competition.To lose this match is not worth thinking about.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,294 posts | 1737 
      Reply #7: Nov 26, 2018 08:00:30 am
      We’ll do this mob.

They have to really have a go at home at that plays into our hands - they were all over the place at Anfield and we got in behind without too much bother there.

They’re a good footballing side going forward but I think we’re more rounded.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,634 posts | 235 
      Reply #8: Nov 26, 2018 12:48:29 pm
      Useless f**king internationals taking away so much playing time that we/all teams have to play so many games by the end of the year. Useless f**king FA.

I am dredding this match. I hope we can get away with a draw then needing to beat Napoli at home. PSG are really good on their on turf.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,270 posts | 1733 
      Reply #9: Nov 26, 2018 01:11:21 pm
      PSG seem like a warning about what happens when you try to shoehorn players into a team based only on their value.

To me, they seem like parts without the sum being greater.

We'll see, but under Tuchel, I think this team has gone backwards.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,842 posts | 517 
      Reply #10: Nov 26, 2018 03:22:47 pm
      PSG seem like a warning about what happens when you try to shoehorn players into a team based only on their value.

To me, they seem like parts without the sum being greater.

We'll see, but under Tuchel, I think this team has gone backwards.
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/26/psg-liverpool-kylian-mbappe-neymar-champions-league

This article thinks otherwise. I have no idea which of you is right, mind.

I think some mega-stars are more trouble than they are worth and I honestly wouldn't want Neymar on my team (Mbappe would be alright though. :-) ).

Glad to see the match is Wednesday and not Tuesday. Should help in terms of freshness.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,270 posts | 1733 
      Reply #11: Nov 26, 2018 03:27:46 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/26/psg-liverpool-kylian-mbappe-neymar-champions-league

This article thinks otherwise. I have no idea which of you is right, mind.

I think some mega-stars are more trouble than they are worth and I honestly wouldn't want Neymar on my team (Mbappe would be alright though. :-) ).

Glad to see the match is Wednesday and not Tuesday. Should help in terms of freshness.

A good article, which also bears out my point about shoehorning players into a team, rather than buying the best fit.

It may be that Tuchel has decided to take 1 step back to take two forwards, and that right now they are a team in something of a transition, but I don't see the fluidity of previous seasons, and against us, they looked as though a few of them didn't quite know what to do.

Not that it matters of course, they'll still be a tough team to beat at home, they have some truly world class players, but so do we :)
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,482 posts | 247 
      Reply #12: Nov 26, 2018 03:37:50 pm

The game is on univision deportes,i think it's also on the free to air univision.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,426 posts | 247 
      Reply #13: Nov 26, 2018 04:54:11 pm
      We know we will have to beat Napoli at home - just by how many is the worry. Can’t see us winning in Paris.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,124 posts | 2705 
      Reply #14: Nov 26, 2018 05:43:08 pm
      our European away form has gone off a bit and we need to really make a statement on Weds and I think we can .
      There is a gathering confidence throughout the team now and they seem happy to stick to the plan even if it takes nearly all the game to  make it work. Just do what they have been doing all season and we can come away with a win.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,842 posts | 517 
      Reply #15: Nov 26, 2018 05:55:39 pm

The game is on univision deportes,i think it's also on the free to air univision.

Just checked and it is! Thanks for this good news. I don't speak espanol so well, but in all seriousness, how often does a comm say something that you really need to hear? The Latino comms often do better at conveying the passion of the occasion, anyway. DVR duly set. Thanks again...amigo.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,950 posts | 2367 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16: Nov 26, 2018 06:24:39 pm
      Don’t lose.

Assuming Neymar and Mbappé are going to be fit for this one.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,270 posts | 1733 
      Reply #17: Nov 26, 2018 06:28:19 pm
      Just checked and it is! Thanks for this good news. I don't speak espanol so well, but in all seriousness, how often does a comm say something that you really need to hear? The Latino comms often do better at conveying the passion of the occasion, anyway. DVR duly set. Thanks again...amigo.

Do you listen to the commentary?

I usually turn it off to be honest.

No offense, but the last time I listened to a US commentary, I wanted to stick sharpened stakes in my ears to make it go away.
      I settled for the mute button though ;)
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | 150 
      Reply #18: Nov 26, 2018 06:31:46 pm

No offense, but the last time I listened to a US commentary, I wanted to stick sharpened stakes in my ears to make it go away.

i watched the highlights of Eibar and Real Madrid from what i believe was the BeIn Sports feed and the analyst screams every time there is a close call. It was brutal.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,482 posts | 247 
      Reply #19: Nov 26, 2018 07:09:44 pm

The only plus for me with the yank commentary is when ya sat at the bar, i kinda look less of a loon billy no mates yelling at the telly!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 221 
      Reply #20: Nov 26, 2018 07:32:21 pm
      Useless f**king internationals taking away so much playing time that we/all teams have to play so many games by the end of the year. Useless f**king FA.

I am dredding this match. I hope we can get away with a draw then needing to beat Napoli at home. PSG are really good on their on turf.

Now no disrespect but we have won 5 European Cups...we fight like cat & dog to stay in the competition and we should welcome these games. The bigger the better. Bring it on I say. I know you back us to the hilt but we go there confident - we are Liverpool FC and PSG will feel the full force of this great club.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,846 posts | 1345 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #21: Nov 26, 2018 08:09:45 pm
      Mane doubtful with illness
      LondonRed83

• 7,537 posts | 734 
      Reply #22: Nov 26, 2018 08:51:54 pm
      I think the best way to win this is to go out and try enjoy it. I personally think Salah will get lots of opportunities and he looks very confident - it’s time he scored a big goal against a big team this season (hoping for a double from him)

If form is anything like the previous two away fixtures then we are fu**ed.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 221 
      Reply #23: Nov 26, 2018 09:05:22 pm

If he doesn't make it Klopp might go with Shaq rather than the obvious Sturridge. Almost a 4-4-2...might do although I wouldn't be against Studge coming in.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,842 posts | 517 
      Reply #24: Nov 26, 2018 09:10:34 pm

Heh. No offense taken. I keep the sound up so I can hear the crowd. Many of the comms we get are from the UK feed (the same guys who you'll get on Match of the Day when they roll through "the other" matches). NBC Sports has the Premier League rights and for their feature match we'll get Arlo White who used to work for 5 Live, but is obsessed with Man United.

When Fox had Champions League they would put American analysts like Alexi Lalas on and it was excruciating. I'd gladly take the Spanish feed over that. Now that it's TBS, I think they are using the UEFA-provided feed. I know Simon Brotherton did one of the matches. It's OK, but nothing to write home about.

The TBS studio commentary is embarrassingly poor, never more so then when Oguchi Onyewu, following a group stage match, referred to the "return leg" as deciding "the tie."
      LondonRed83

• 7,537 posts | 734 
      Reply #25: Nov 26, 2018 09:26:11 pm
      The TBS studio commentary is embarrassingly poor, never more so then when Oguchi Onyewu, following a group stage match, referred to the "return leg" as deciding "the tie."

Ha ha that is so cringe! I couldn’t watch
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,236 posts | 966 
      Reply #26: Nov 26, 2018 09:47:32 pm
      Not looking forward to this one at all. The CL campaign as a whole feels flat to me this time around.

German_Panzer
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | 29 
      Reply #27: Nov 27, 2018 03:29:06 am
      Can we still make it to the KO stages with our own power if we lose it?

Anything is possible: win, draw or loss. Tough game, but defining game.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,510 posts | 186 
      Reply #28: Nov 27, 2018 04:22:42 am
      I would be tempted to go with 

Alisson

Gomez            Lovren                Van Dijk              Robertson

Fabinho
                                                 Wijnaldum              Milner

Mane                                                                Salah
                                                               Bobby

I just think Gomez will be defensively more solid than Trent at this stage. Fabinho played in France for Monaco, he knows PSG.
      heimdall

• 7,180 posts | 1357 
      Reply #29: Nov 27, 2018 09:37:24 am

I don't like that at all, I agree with perhaps being more defensive but I don't think packing the midfield with negative players is very smart as their midfield will just swarm us and it will be attack after attack for 90 minutes and with the quality they have they will score at some point and then we'll not have enough offensive quality to attack them.
      If we want to be a bit more defensive then I'd rather go with a 5-2-3 formation and play Lovren and Gomez alongside VVD and have Keita/Shaq and Fabinho in midfield so that we still have a bit of drive going forwards.
      heimdall

• 7,180 posts | 1357 
      Reply #30: Nov 27, 2018 09:40:03 am

PSG weren't that good against Napoli at home were they, only just scrambling a last gasp equaliser. If we play well and play positively on the break then we can win this, if we sit back all match we will lose.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,950 posts | 2367 
      Reply #31: Nov 27, 2018 09:42:01 am
      I’d love Hendo, Gini and Keita as a trio but I doubt it.

No need to change the defence unless Joe is fit. Then he replaces Dejan.

Shaq for Mané if need be and probably have he and Bob floating around Mo as the striker.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,138 posts | 54 
      Reply #32: Nov 27, 2018 10:41:19 am
      Milner and hendo in midfield dosen t work well . Keita for hendo
      LondonRed83

• 7,537 posts | 734 
      Reply #33: Nov 27, 2018 11:40:31 am
      Hoping for Keita to start - this is the type of game I see him bossing
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,842 posts | 517 
      Reply #34: Nov 27, 2018 11:46:51 am
      I’d love Hendo, Gini and Keita as a trio but I doubt it.

No need to change the defence unless Joe is fit. Then he replaces Dejan.

Shaq for Mané if need be and probably have he and Bob floating around Mo as the striker.

Don't be too shocked to see Joe come in for Trent, instead. Just a vibe I get from looking at team news the past couple of days. We'll see.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,167 posts | 708 
      Reply #35: Nov 27, 2018 12:09:38 pm

Alisson

Fabinho

Bobby

I just think Gomez will be defensively more solid than Trent at this stage. Fabinho played in France for Monaco, he knows PSG.
      Think that's a solid shout V'Red
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,500 posts | 2522 
      Reply #36: Nov 27, 2018 12:21:06 pm
      heimdall

• 7,180 posts | 1357 
      Reply #37: Nov 27, 2018 12:44:44 pm
      Passportboy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #38: Nov 27, 2018 01:17:12 pm
      Am i going crackers here or if we win do we qualify..? That would put us on 9 points and keep PSG on 5 with 1 game left..?

We dont want to lose, but even if we do its down to the final game where a 2-0 win see's us go through (or a win by a 2 goal margin). Which to be fair we should be capable of achieving...
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,138 posts | 54 
      Reply #39: Nov 27, 2018 01:24:19 pm
      That's good news, what about Neymar and MBappe?

Think they both trained on Monday
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,798 posts | 139 
      Reply #40: Nov 27, 2018 01:44:27 pm
      Difficult match to predict, tbh. I am not even sure, if we need to win to make sure of qualifying, for the knockout stages. Those International breaks, seem to f**k everything up to my mind. I even thought the match was tonight !! until I checked, really getting confused somewhere along the line, this season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 2308 
      Reply #41: Nov 27, 2018 01:52:40 pm
      Be happy to come away with the draw.
      Tough one.

1-1.
      heimdall

• 7,180 posts | 1357 
      Reply #42: Nov 27, 2018 02:03:46 pm
      Tough one.

1-1.

A draw would be absolutely fine, even a loss is not the end of the world.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,380 posts | 2063 
      Reply #43: Nov 27, 2018 02:11:05 pm
      Tough one.

1-1.

We are going to win there mate...👍🏼
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,093 posts | 307 
      Reply #44: Nov 27, 2018 02:18:56 pm
      Am i going crackers here or if we win do we qualify..? That would put us on 9 points and keep PSG on 5 with 1 game left..?

We dont want to lose, but even if we do its down to the final game where a 2-0 win see's us go through (or a win by a 2 goal margin). Which to be fair we should be capable of achieving...
      Yes mate, a win takes us through. PSG have everything to lose tomorrow night.
      macbk
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 163 posts | 11 
      Reply #45: Nov 27, 2018 02:54:04 pm
      Great news to wake up to stateside regarding Mane  ;D .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,270 posts | 1733 
      Reply #46: Nov 27, 2018 03:46:37 pm
      Yes mate, a win takes us through. PSG have everything to lose tomorrow night.

plus because I kept forgetting to look at what we needed and you saved me the trouble ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,977 posts | 3646 
      Reply #47: Nov 27, 2018 04:04:39 pm
      Tough one.

1-1.

The way we've been playing in the Champions League away from home this season, I'd take a draw as well.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,500 posts | 2522 
      Reply #48: Nov 27, 2018 04:11:11 pm
      They have a great attack and in Mbappe and Neymar a world class pair but they don’t really give much help to their full backs.

In the French league they can get away with this approach but hopefully Mane and Salah have them on toast tomorrow night.

Take our chances and we will win as the main difference between the two sides is we have a better defence.
      PGlynn91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,324 posts | 202 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #49: Nov 27, 2018 04:40:08 pm
      Our dire away form in Europe has to change eventually and this would be the perfect time to do it.

This team is now capable of sitting in and withstanding pressure. We can then hit these on the counter with the pace of Mane and Salah. I've a sneaky feeling we will do them!
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,818 posts | 1358 
      Reply #50: Nov 27, 2018 04:50:59 pm

Alisson

Fabinho

Bobby

Would probably consider Hendo/Wijnaldum as the 6 with Milner and Hendo/Wijnaldum as the 8's and play at a higher intensive counter pressing game, although, it will be a whole different ball game as they will have 2 midfielders in Verratti and Rabiot than 1 midfielder in Rabiot, more chance of them taking control of the midfield and pinning us back like how Napoli did.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,817 posts | 2968 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #51: Nov 27, 2018 05:54:44 pm
      Think they both trained on Monday

Both confirmed as fit by Tuchel.
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,093 posts | 307 
      Reply #52: Nov 27, 2018 06:11:38 pm
      plus because I kept forgetting to look at what we needed and you saved me the trouble ;)
      Glad to have made your day a little easier :)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,270 posts | 1733 
      Reply #53: Nov 27, 2018 06:18:00 pm
      Our dire away form in Europe has to change eventually and this would be the perfect time to do it.

This team is now capable of sitting in and withstanding pressure. We can then hit these on the counter with the pace of Mane and Salah. I've a sneaky feeling we will do them!

Is it just me, or haven't early (ish) season games been a bit dire, especially in Europe, for donkey's years?

As far as I can remember, it's been a rare occasion when we cruised through the group stage.

I might be completely wrong, but that's how I remember European football being for a long time.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,220 posts | 986 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #54: Nov 27, 2018 06:51:06 pm
      4 3 reds. Robbo to  bag 1
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,817 posts | 2968 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #55: Nov 27, 2018 07:08:33 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1676 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #56: Nov 27, 2018 07:59:38 pm
      NB: Team no longer available
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,950 posts | 2367 
      Reply #57: Nov 27, 2018 08:09:50 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum John Barnes

• 411 posts | 144 
      Reply #58: Nov 27, 2018 08:18:20 pm

Can’t see Shaqiri starting - can only see Klopp going for three centre Mids

Henderson , Gini , Milner or Keita
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,950 posts | 2367 
      Reply #59: Nov 27, 2018 08:23:08 pm
      Can we still make it to the KO stages with our own power if we lose it?

Anything is possible: win, draw or loss. Tough game, but defining game.

Yep. Beat Napoli by more than one goal and we’re guaranteed to go through.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,776 posts | 2431 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #60: Nov 27, 2018 09:18:14 pm
      F**k, I'm nervous....less then 24 hours to go.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1676 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #61: Nov 27, 2018 09:19:48 pm

Milner will play against Everton because he knows what it means to play in local derbies. I think Shaqiri will play.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,294 posts | 1737 
      Reply #62: Nov 27, 2018 09:45:35 pm
      Milner will play against Everton because he knows what it means to play in local derbies. I think Shaqiri will play.

I don’t see Shaq or Fab getting a start mate.
      LondonRed83

• 7,537 posts | 734 
      Reply #63: Nov 27, 2018 09:55:10 pm

Me either - he’s going with his trusted team.
      Scottbot

• 6,966 posts | 1057 
      Reply #64: Nov 27, 2018 11:26:58 pm
      I wonder if we’ll se Keita in the starting line up for this one? I’d like to see Firmino back in the 9 shirt for this one. Do we know if Gomez is fit?
      redkop63

• 6,280 posts | 350 
      Reply #65: Nov 28, 2018 12:02:11 am
      From games that i have watched PSG, they like to thrust through the middle into the opposition box with interpasses. We need to put a player there to distrupt their movement and to force them to go sideways.  Distruption of their movement is perhaps the key to the match. Their defence is slow and they may struggle with our counter attacks.
      Ribapuru

• 9,675 posts | 1054 
      Reply #66: Nov 28, 2018 12:09:39 am
      Me either - he’s going with his trusted team.
      That's exactly why Fabinho will have left us soon.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,846 posts | 1345 
      Reply #67: Nov 28, 2018 12:23:42 am
      That's exactly why Fabinho will have left us soon.

Put your stick away mate
      Ribapuru

• 9,675 posts | 1054 
      Reply #68: Nov 28, 2018 12:27:15 am
      Generally don't see what Fabinho has to do to get picked. We need to use him on the field. I'm concerned about his lack of games.
      Billy1

• 9,948 posts | 1389 
      Reply #69: Nov 28, 2018 07:01:32 am
      We are going to win there mate...👍🏼

WE are going there to win mate... I hope you don't mind the slight variation to your post.
      LondonRed83

• 7,537 posts | 734 
      Reply #70: Nov 28, 2018 07:17:40 am
      PSG haven’t lost at home in the champions league since 2004.

I would love Liverpool to take this record away, MASSIVE game!
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,950 posts | 2367 
      Reply #71: Nov 28, 2018 08:18:47 am
      Anyone else weirdly confident? Feeling a cheeky 2-1 win.
      Dadorious
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,614 posts | 929 
      Reply #72: Nov 28, 2018 08:26:40 am
      One of two match points in this years CL campaign.

Let's go for the jagular.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,138 posts | 54 
      Reply #73: Nov 28, 2018 08:36:57 am
      PSG haven’t lost at home in the champions league since 2004.

I would love Liverpool to take this record away, MASSIVE game!

We will
      heimdall

• 7,180 posts | 1357 
      Reply #74: Nov 28, 2018 09:42:52 am

God I hope you are wrong, with a negative midfield the attack will be starved
      heimdall

• 7,180 posts | 1357 
      Reply #75: Nov 28, 2018 09:44:26 am
      Generally don't see what Fabinho has to do to get picked. We need to use him on the field. I'm concerned about his lack of games.

I agree, I find it slightly weird that we keep playing Milner and Henderson when they are both so underwhelming in recent games.
      heimdall

• 7,180 posts | 1357 
      Reply #76: Nov 28, 2018 09:45:27 am
      Anyone else weirdly confident? Feeling a cheeky 2-1 win.

I agree, I think we will win, PSG have a superb strike trio but the rest of the team is very average and they have it far to easy in the French league, they arent battle hardened.
      Ribapuru

• 9,675 posts | 1054 
      Reply #77: Nov 28, 2018 09:51:04 am

If we use Henderson and Milner together, we might as well just accept it's not our year. Before anybody says we got to the final last year, we didn't have to face stiff competition until later on.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,010 posts | 1685 
      • From Doubters to Believers
      Reply #78: Nov 28, 2018 09:52:05 am
      Massive game tonight against LeFrogs, and a chance to cement a place in the knockout rounds,

PSG at home are a damn hard side to beat, but they said the same about Barcelona and we done them once or twice in the not to distant past, of course they are a good side but so are we,

Alisson
          Gomez Lovren Van Dijk Robertson
               Fabinho   Milner    Wijnaldom
                     Salah Firmino Mane

Gomez in for Trent, Lovren next to Virgil works for me,
      I'd play two sixes in Fabinho and Gini,
      one stays, Fabinho,
      the other supports, Gini,
      Milner giving free reign behind Salah, Bobby & Sadio,

The onus is on them to come out and play, which hopefully will leave spaces in behind and inbetween lines, playing right into our hands,

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet with their front three so we could see a bit of a goal feast, or it could go like the City match where we cancelled each other out,

The advantage we have is PSG have to win, so more pressure for them, a early goal for us and i think we'll be seeing the knockout stages.

1-2 Mighty Redmen

YNWA

heimdall

• 7,180 posts | 1357 
      Reply #79: Nov 28, 2018 10:07:54 am
      Massive game tonight against LeFrogs, and a chance to cement a place in the knockout rounds,

PSG at home are a damn hard side to beat, but they said the same about Barcelona and we done them once or twice in the not to distant past, of course they are a good side but so are we,

Alisson
          Gomez Lovren Van Dijk Robertson
               Fabinho   Milner    Wijnaldom
                     Salah Firmino Mane

Gomez in for Trent, Lovren next to Virgil works for me,
      I'd play two sixes in Fabinho and Gini,
      one stays, Fabinho,
      the other supports, Gini,
      Milner giving free reign behind Salah, Bobby & Sadio,

The onus is on them to come out and play, which hopefully will leave spaces in behind and inbetween lines, playing right into our hands,

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet with their front three so we could see a bit of a goal feast, or it could go like the City match where we cancelled each other out,

The advantage we have is PSG have to win, so more pressure for them, a early goal for us and i think we'll be seeing the knockout stages.

1-2 Mighty Redmen

YNWA

Sorry but PSG and Barcelona away are 2 completely different propositions, Napoli very nearly beat them there and also don't read to much into the mauling of Red Star I still think there was something a bit fishy going on in that game.

Anyway I think if we are positive then we have a damned good chance of winning or at least drawing but if we sit back super negative like we did against Napoli then we'll get ripped apart, just hope Jürgen learnt from the Napoli game and invokes the same passion as Porto away last season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,565 posts | 971 
      Reply #80: Nov 28, 2018 10:13:06 am
      I really want to see Keita start playing for us.

The real Keita we signed.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,138 posts | 54 
      Reply #81: Nov 28, 2018 10:21:35 am

Same here . We cannot play hendo and Milner together against this lot
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,977 posts | 3646 
      Reply #82: Nov 28, 2018 10:40:50 am

It's been weird hasn't it. I remember this time last year that speculation was mounting we might have him playing regularly in January 2018.  At this rate January 2019 is looking optimistic!
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,138 posts | 54 
      Reply #83: Nov 28, 2018 10:54:37 am
      4/1 for us to score and win in the bookies
      Get on it troops
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,010 posts | 1685 
      Reply #84: Nov 28, 2018 11:32:18 am

We will, he just needs more time to adapt to English Prem football,  you will see the proper Naby soon enough, don't worry about that.
      We haven't yet seen his full potential in a red shirt that's for sure.

YNWA
      Mickred
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts | 35 
      Reply #85: Nov 28, 2018 01:18:48 pm
      We need to be at our best tonight.  CMON you redmen!!!!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,798 posts | 139 
      Reply #86: Nov 28, 2018 01:25:00 pm
      Gone for 2  1 for the Reds, although feel, the most difficult game to predict, so far.
      Ribapuru

• 9,675 posts | 1054 
      Reply #87: Nov 28, 2018 01:29:42 pm
      I'd go with a double pivot on this.

Alisson

VVD  Gomez
      Robbo                        TAA

Fabinho              Gini
                        Keita

Firmino                     Mane
                         Salah

Bench: Mignolet, Milner, Henderson, Sturridge, Shaqiri, Lovren
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,270 posts | 1733 
      Reply #88: Nov 28, 2018 02:05:42 pm
      Getting a bit nervy now.

If we play as well as we know we can, we can get a win.

The real danger is the ability of Neymar and Mbappe to create something out of nothing, so if we can keep them fairly quiet, I think we'll get the 3 points.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 221 
      Reply #89: Nov 28, 2018 02:56:27 pm
      Getting a bit nervy now.

The real danger is the ability of Neymar and Mbappe to create something out of nothing, so if we can keep them fairly quiet, I think we'll get the 3 points.

Neymar will eventually cost PSG a reported $523 million....with wages etc. The fee to Barca is said to be $263 million. Neymar is paid $53 Million.a year. Eye watering amounts of money...." now that is serious poppy Rodney..".hope TAA...an academy graduate lands one on him..
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,124 posts | 2705 
      Reply #90: Nov 28, 2018 02:58:11 pm
      I cant see us getting beaten somehow we are so solid of late and our poor CL away form has to change .
      Lets think positive if only we had world class strikers and defenders we could do some real damage.
      Ribapuru

• 9,675 posts | 1054 
      Reply #91: Nov 28, 2018 03:13:44 pm
      The Napoli game will likely be the decider regardless what happens today.
      Court LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,418 posts | 164 
      Reply #92: Nov 28, 2018 03:24:30 pm
      Think the most positive thing that I've seen is the players not taking to social media, and encouraging us to spur them on; it is the self-belief in key figures in the first team anticipating walking away with a win.

It will be interesting to see how they line up, and how fit some of those players are advertised to start. The rest is up to us to rise to the occasion.

The champions league eh? What a thrill...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,270 posts | 1733 
      Reply #93: Nov 28, 2018 03:51:34 pm
      Neymar will eventually cost PSG a reported $523 million....with wages etc. The fee to Barca is said to be $263 million. Neymar is paid $53 Million.a year. Eye watering amounts of money...." now that is serious poppy Rodney..".hope TAA...an academy graduate lands one on him..

That's f**king nuts.

I was wondering if TAA had it in him to land one on Neymar, then I remembered where he's from ;D
      PGlynn91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,324 posts | 202 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #94: Nov 28, 2018 04:50:17 pm
      For some reason I'm not nervous at all about the Champions League games this season and I'm nervous as f**k for league games.

Still cannot wait for this to start. Could go either way but I have a weird feeling we will do them!
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,093 posts | 307 
      Reply #95: Nov 28, 2018 05:17:15 pm
      Just won £340 on a horse called Klopp. The omens are good lads.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,380 posts | 2063 
      Reply #96: Nov 28, 2018 05:22:53 pm
      I'd go with a double pivot on this.

Alisson

VVD  Gomez
      Robbo                        TAA

Fabinho              Gini
                        Keita

Firmino                     Mane
                         Salah

Bench: Mignolet, Milner, Henderson, Sturridge, Shaqiri, Lovren

Explain the double pivot in that team you picked & how does the double pivot work...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,846 posts | 1345 
      Reply #97: Nov 28, 2018 05:23:17 pm
      We are going to get battered tonight
      macbk
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 163 posts | 11 
      Reply #98: Nov 28, 2018 05:28:18 pm

Nerves haven't set in for me yet & I don't know why  :f_doh: .
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,294 posts | 1737 
      Reply #99: Nov 28, 2018 05:30:21 pm
      Explain the double pivot in that team you picked & how does the double pivot work...

WARNING: Cut and paste incoming.........⚠️
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,092 posts | 1311 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #100: Nov 28, 2018 05:36:16 pm
      I expect goals again in this one. I fancy a 2-2 draw, hopefully we can sneak it.
      LondonRed83

• 7,537 posts | 734 
      Reply #101: Nov 28, 2018 05:39:36 pm
      Getting a bit nervy now.

I’m worried about Cavani
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,846 posts | 1345 
      Reply #102: Nov 28, 2018 05:50:09 pm

Double pivot ? Are we doing DIY tips on here now ?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,124 posts | 2705 
      Reply #103: Nov 28, 2018 05:50:50 pm

He has to bend both of his knees.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,842 posts | 517 
      Reply #104: Nov 28, 2018 05:53:43 pm
      Same here . We cannot play hendo and Milner together against this lot

Bet we do, though.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,842 posts | 517 
      Reply #105: Nov 28, 2018 06:01:39 pm
      Just won £340 on a horse called Klopp. The omens are good lads.

:) Serious? Where was the race?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,270 posts | 1733 
      Reply #106: Nov 28, 2018 06:03:31 pm

He needs someone to feed him though, Neymar and Mbappe can both conjure something out of nothing.
      That's not to say Cavani isn't a danger, he is of course.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,138 posts | 54 
      Reply #107: Nov 28, 2018 06:08:10 pm
      If we play as well as we did last time against them we should win no problem
      4/1 score and win for us . Easy money ;D
      Ynwa
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,842 posts | 517 
      Reply #108: Nov 28, 2018 06:09:33 pm
      He needs someone to feed him though, Neymar and Mbappe can both conjure something out of nothing.
      That's not to say Cavani isn't a danger, he is of course.

Sure.

To me the  key player of this match is, to the extent any one player is, Bobby Firmino. He can make such a difference to both our winning possession and then making the lightning transition to an attack on the break. He pressures win, links, distributes AND finishes. Hoping for something memorable from Bobby tonight.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,270 posts | 1733 
      Reply #109: Nov 28, 2018 06:16:45 pm
      Sure.

To me the  key player of this match is, to the extent any one player is, Bobby Firmino. He can make such a difference to both our winning possession and then making the lightning transition to an attack on the break. He pressures win, links, distributes AND finishes. Hoping for something memorable from Bobby tonight.

I think it depends on if he continues to play the deeper role he's played so far this season, leaving Salah as the main attacker.

If he plays a true "9" rather than a deep "10" then we'll have more threat up front I think.
      Scottbot

• 6,966 posts | 1057 
      Reply #110: Nov 28, 2018 06:18:42 pm
      The Napoli game will likely be the decider regardless what happens today.

Not if we win today it won’t
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,565 posts | 971 
      Reply #111: Nov 28, 2018 06:22:19 pm

Like f**k we are.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,565 posts | 971 
      Reply #112: Nov 28, 2018 06:22:55 pm
      I predict 3:1 to the mighty reds.

Easy.
      macbk
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 163 posts | 11 
      Reply #113: Nov 28, 2018 06:26:52 pm
      I really don't want to see Hendo in the starting lineup.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,440 posts | 165 
      Reply #114: Nov 28, 2018 06:32:45 pm

Prepare to be disappointed
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 221 
      Reply #115: Nov 28, 2018 06:33:00 pm
      Yes this is challenge. They attack with pace and purpose and have genuine quality. They can be a bit moody and lose the plot if it doesn't go their way. I'm in a fairly upbeat mood over our chances and if we defend well, get it forward quickly when they are committed we could nick a 2-1 win or at the very least a draw. We are NOT the underdogs here...they should be afraid..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,010 posts | 1685 
      Reply #116: Nov 28, 2018 06:39:24 pm

FUCK RIGHT OFF THEN !!

FFS, You may as well watch them Tw*ts in the jungle, whatever happened to supporting the club you supposedly love ?
      Shitehawk!!
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,818 posts | 1358 
      Reply #117: Nov 28, 2018 06:44:22 pm
      We are going to get battered sausages tonight

Damn FAT, that is so unhealthy!!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,440 posts | 165 
      Reply #118: Nov 28, 2018 06:47:34 pm

Prepare to be disappointed

Quick Reply