Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: PSG V Liverpool (28/11/18 - 20:00)

Read 12810 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Pre-Match: PSG V Liverpool (28/11/18 - 20:00)
      Nov 25, 2018 02:03:14 pm

A must not lose game so can't see Shaqiri starting with the front three. Henderson likely to start as he misses the Derby and Klopp trusts him for these big away games. I still cannot see Keita getting the nod unfortunately and I wouldn't play Fabinho.

I think we can do these. They are full of big names but there is something off about them as a team. I'll say 1-1 though which leaves us needeing to beat Napoli at home more than likely.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Pre-Match: PSG V Liverpool (28/11/18 - 20:00)
      Reply #1: Nov 26, 2018 12:53:07 am

A must not lose game so can't see Shaqiri starting with the front three. Henderson likely to start as he misses the Derby and Klopp trusts him for these big away games. I still cannot see Keita getting the nod unfortunately and I wouldn't play Fabinho.

I think we can do these. They are full of big names but there is something off about them as a team. I'll say 1-1 though which leaves us needeing to beat Napoli at home more than likely.

Hopefully Gomez can go, although Lovren played well on Saturday. Agree that Gini, Hendo and Milner are the midfield.

I notice the USA TV people are making us pay per view games more often now. They've figured out who has the hardest core fans and willing to pay to watch. Sad development for some of us.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2: Nov 26, 2018 12:59:10 am
      Hopefully Gomez can go, although Lovren played well on Saturday. Agree that Gini, Hendo and Milner are the midfield.

I notice the USA TV people are making us pay per view games more often now. They've figured out who has the hardest core fans and willing to pay to watch. Sad development for some of us.

Doesn't TNT show the group stage then Fox (i believe) does the knockout rounds, which anyone can watch assuming they have those channels in their cable package?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3: Nov 26, 2018 01:36:44 am
      I'd put Gini as number 6 and have Keita and Milner as the two central. Henderson isn't playing well right now. I'd start Henderson against Burnley and Bournemouth though.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4: Nov 26, 2018 04:01:46 am
      Doesn't TNT show the group stage then Fox (i believe) does the knockout rounds, which anyone can watch assuming they have those channels in their cable package?

I thought TNT won right for the whole thing. They are only showing two matches per day in the group stage, so always six matches only available on pay-per-view (streaming).  For at least round of 16 and quarterfinals, there will be some matches not available on live TV.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5: Nov 26, 2018 04:23:32 am
      I've got a really bad feeling about this one.

I know why and I'm shitting bricks here.

Gonna be one hell of a game. Hope we take our game to new heights, we are going to need to if we want to take anything away with us.

Not looking forward to this at all but at the same time I'm buzzing to knock those Frogs off and then hopefully it all doesn't depend on the Napoli home match.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6: Nov 26, 2018 06:37:21 am
      Beat P.S.G. and the  pressure goes off for the knock out stages of this competition.To lose this match is not worth thinking about.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #7: Nov 26, 2018 08:00:30 am
      We’ll do this mob.

They have to really have a go at home at that plays into our hands - they were all over the place at Anfield and we got in behind without too much bother there.

They’re a good footballing side going forward but I think we’re more rounded.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #8: Nov 26, 2018 12:48:29 pm
      Useless F***ing internationals taking away so much playing time that we/all teams have to play so many games by the end of the year. Useless F***ing FA.

I am dredding this match. I hope we can get away with a draw then needing to beat Napoli at home. PSG are really good on their on turf.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #9: Nov 26, 2018 01:11:21 pm
      PSG seem like a warning about what happens when you try to shoehorn players into a team based only on their value.

To me, they seem like parts without the sum being greater.

We'll see, but under Tuchel, I think this team has gone backwards.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #10: Nov 26, 2018 03:22:47 pm
      PSG seem like a warning about what happens when you try to shoehorn players into a team based only on their value.

To me, they seem like parts without the sum being greater.

We'll see, but under Tuchel, I think this team has gone backwards.
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/26/psg-liverpool-kylian-mbappe-neymar-champions-league

This article thinks otherwise. I have no idea which of you is right, mind.

I think some mega-stars are more trouble than they are worth and I honestly wouldn't want Neymar on my team (Mbappe would be alright though. :-) ).

Glad to see the match is Wednesday and not Tuesday. Should help in terms of freshness.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #11: Nov 26, 2018 03:27:46 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/26/psg-liverpool-kylian-mbappe-neymar-champions-league

This article thinks otherwise. I have no idea which of you is right, mind.

I think some mega-stars are more trouble than they are worth and I honestly wouldn't want Neymar on my team (Mbappe would be alright though. :-) ).

Glad to see the match is Wednesday and not Tuesday. Should help in terms of freshness.

A good article, which also bears out my point about shoehorning players into a team, rather than buying the best fit.

It may be that Tuchel has decided to take 1 step back to take two forwards, and that right now they are a team in something of a transition, but I don't see the fluidity of previous seasons, and against us, they looked as though a few of them didn't quite know what to do.

Not that it matters of course, they'll still be a tough team to beat at home, they have some truly world class players, but so do we :)
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #12: Nov 26, 2018 03:37:50 pm

The game is on univision deportes,i think it's also on the free to air univision.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #13: Nov 26, 2018 04:54:11 pm
      We know we will have to beat Napoli at home - just by how many is the worry. Can’t see us winning in Paris.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14: Nov 26, 2018 05:43:08 pm
      our European away form has gone off a bit and we need to really make a statement on Weds and I think we can .
      There is a gathering confidence throughout the team now and they seem happy to stick to the plan even if it takes nearly all the game to  make it work. Just do what they have been doing all season and we can come away with a win.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15: Nov 26, 2018 05:55:39 pm

The game is on univision deportes,i think it's also on the free to air univision.

Just checked and it is! Thanks for this good news. I don't speak espanol so well, but in all seriousness, how often does a comm say something that you really need to hear? The Latino comms often do better at conveying the passion of the occasion, anyway. DVR duly set. Thanks again...amigo.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16: Nov 26, 2018 06:24:39 pm
      Don’t lose.

Assuming Neymar and Mbappé are going to be fit for this one.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #17: Nov 26, 2018 06:28:19 pm
      Just checked and it is! Thanks for this good news. I don't speak espanol so well, but in all seriousness, how often does a comm say something that you really need to hear? The Latino comms often do better at conveying the passion of the occasion, anyway. DVR duly set. Thanks again...amigo.

Do you listen to the commentary?

I usually turn it off to be honest.

No offense, but the last time I listened to a US commentary, I wanted to stick sharpened stakes in my ears to make it go away.
      I settled for the mute button though ;)
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #18: Nov 26, 2018 06:31:46 pm

No offense, but the last time I listened to a US commentary, I wanted to stick sharpened stakes in my ears to make it go away.

i watched the highlights of Eibar and Real Madrid from what i believe was the BeIn Sports feed and the analyst screams every time there is a close call. It was brutal.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #19: Nov 26, 2018 07:09:44 pm

The only plus for me with the yank commentary is when ya sat at the bar, i kinda look less of a loon billy no mates yelling at the telly!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20: Nov 26, 2018 07:32:21 pm
      Useless f**king internationals taking away so much playing time that we/all teams have to play so many games by the end of the year. Useless f**king FA.

I am dredding this match. I hope we can get away with a draw then needing to beat Napoli at home. PSG are really good on their on turf.

Now no disrespect but we have won 5 European Cups...we fight like cat & dog to stay in the competition and we should welcome these games. The bigger the better. Bring it on I say. I know you back us to the hilt but we go there confident - we are Liverpool FC and PSG will feel the full force of this great club.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #21: Nov 26, 2018 08:09:45 pm
      Mane doubtful with illness
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #22: Nov 26, 2018 08:51:54 pm
      I think the best way to win this is to go out and try enjoy it. I personally think Salah will get lots of opportunities and he looks very confident - it’s time he scored a big goal against a big team this season (hoping for a double from him)

If form is anything like the previous two away fixtures then we are fu**ed.

Quick Reply