Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Red Dead Redemption 2

Read 9306 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Red Dead Redemption 2
      Nov 27, 2018 04:58:31 am
      Couldn’t find a thread for this.

Was really looking forward to this game and bought it a few weeks ago and holy hell it hasn’t let me down!!

Barely scratched the surface of the main storyline, as I’ve been out exploring the map and doing side missions. The detail is incredible and the sheer size of it leaves me excited to know what else is to come given I feel I haven’t really experienced the games full depth yet.

It has an honour system, not really sure what impact it has, but needless to say, hogtieing people and throwing them on train tracks doesn’t help it :D

Anyone else got it?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Red Dead Redemption 2
      Reply #1: Nov 27, 2018 07:17:43 am
      I have a few games to finish before I sink my teeth into it but I cannot wait!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #2: Dec 22, 2018 06:10:53 pm

Was really looking forward to this game and bought it a few weeks ago and holy hell it hasn’t let me down!!

Barely scratched the surface of the main storyline, as I’ve been out exploring the map and doing side missions. The detail is incredible and the sheer size of it leaves me excited to know what else is to come given I feel I haven’t really experienced the games full depth yet.

It has an honour system, not really sure what impact it has, but needless to say, hogtieing people and throwing them on train tracks doesn’t help it :D

Anyone else got it?

I bought the game! but didn't have time to start it. traveling a lot for work these days so not really having the time to settle down and try it out.

But I heard the mechanics and the graphics are really good!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3: Feb 10, 2019 08:42:10 pm

Anyone else got it?
      Just finished the story mode what a fantastic game one of the best I’ve ever played definitely!
      RedWilly
      • Started Topic

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #4: Feb 28, 2019 06:13:39 pm
      Just finished the story mode what a fantastic game one of the best I’ve ever played definitely!

I’m still on the story mode myself, got to be honest after initially loving it I’ve started to find it a little repetitive recently.

Haven’t tried online yet as I want to finish the story mode first. Anyone else given online a go?
      RedWilly
      • Started Topic

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #5: May 09, 2019 09:40:03 pm
      Had my first go at online today. Seems quite slick and enjoy the fact it seems to have a storyline behind it (although it is very early days). Have not encountered any other players in the open world, thought they would be everywhere.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6: May 10, 2019 01:59:57 pm
      Been playing this whenever I get home (don't have a PS4 south so this is being played in 3-4 month installments)

I'm totally blown over by this game. I thought the first Red Dead Redemption was the greatest game ever having played and completed it back in 2010 but this takes it beyond that high watermark and I haven't even finished it yet!
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #7: Oct 06, 2019 12:59:00 pm
      It's a great game, I like open world games that you can spend ages just exploring. So much to do apart from the main storyline, too.
      RedWilly
      • Started Topic

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #8: Oct 07, 2019 05:59:27 am
      It's a great game, I like open world games that you can spend ages just exploring. So much to do apart from the main storyline, too.

I never actually finished it. For me, the game was amazing but after a while I started to get a little bored.

Found there is perhaps too much variance and you can drift off from the main story quite easily and not really feel that sense of ‘purpose’.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #9: Oct 08, 2019 02:04:52 pm
      It's worth finishing just for the story RW. Masterpiece of game storytelling in my opinion. So much depth to all the characters, the game is at its best when you're going slow and taking everything in, not when you're stuck completing questionably railroaded missions in a very specific way. Only complaint is that the disconnect between the organic and open natured game world, and the blinkered story missions can sometimes break the immersion.

Just started another game and I just use it to unwind and relax, go on a hunting trip and stuff.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #10: Oct 08, 2019 11:43:10 pm
      I haven't got a PS4. Having three kids ended me at PS3 and I've been aware a PS5 is on the horizon. What's the first Red Dead like?

Seen copies of it for a fiver on ebay? Worth getting?
      RedWilly
      • Started Topic

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #11: Oct 09, 2019 07:14:07 am
      I haven't got a PS4. Having three kids ended me at PS3 and I've been aware a PS5 is on the horizon. What's the first Red Dead like?

Seen copies of it for a fiver on ebay? Worth getting?

First Red Dead was brilliant. If I recall, the reviews of it at the time had it down as one of the best PlayStation games of all time. Definitely worth buying.

On PS5, Sony announced yesterday that it will be released Christmas 2020.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #12: Oct 20, 2019 10:53:23 pm
      If you invest yourself into this, it’s an absolutely beautiful game! I made the mistake of starting it when I didn’t really have the time to put some serious effort in and ended up leaving it for months until recently when I picked it back up having some free time, and I was soon drawn in completely and ended up putting around 60 hours into it, and was taken in by the story so much and felt a genuine connection to the characters.

Fully deserves all the 10/10 reviews it got, it’s just a game you can’t go into half assed.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #13: Oct 25, 2019 11:01:25 am
      Finished the story mode last night and absolutely loved it! fantastic game!

Even more beautiful on the xbox X as well. Going to be difficult to top this game.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #14: Feb 21, 2020 05:13:36 am
      I just picked this game up from the PS store as it was on sale and based on the reviews it was one of those "must play" type of games. I put in about 5 hours so far and enjoyed it somewhat but it starts out very slow both story wise and game play wise. Sure once I get into the meat of it things will pick up a little bit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #15: Aug 08, 2021 02:05:18 pm
      Got a PS4 last year when didn't have to get seasie. Been smashing the COD games, but recently got hold of this, F***ing hell I've turned into Billy the Kid already!!

Quick Reply