Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Napoli [Champions League] Tue 11th Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 10th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W5 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v PSG?

Alisson
      39 (46.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (3.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (21.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.4%)
      James Milner
      5 (6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      15 (17.9%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.2%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Dec 02, 2018 09:55:46 pm

Paris St Germain 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 3706 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,482 posts | 247 
      Re: Paris St Germain 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #840: Nov 29, 2018 07:35:11 pm
      F***ing Diving French Frog cu*ts....what a disgrace they are to the Beautiful Game.

Well done lads, you made it respectable in the end against a bunch of f**king clowns. The way they celebrated at the end was like they won the whole tournament. Frog Cu*ts.

Pretty much sums up how i felt,just add the gobs***e ref in there as well,no clue why so many of our fans turn on our own team.Just a fake f**king made up team psg,cu*ts.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,846 posts | 1345 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #841: Nov 29, 2018 07:47:07 pm
      6stringer
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,807 posts | 382 
      Reply #842: Nov 29, 2018 08:35:55 pm
      Even after last nights win there's no f**king way PSG will win this trophy.

I'm amazed we didn't start the second half against 9 men.

I'm even more amazed how we paid over £100m for Fabinho and Keita yet they didn't start last night.
      I don't buy into this "he's not quite ready yet"
      Perfect opportunity last night to put those two lads in and show some forward thinking.
      I lost count of the amount of times Henderson and Milner got turned on a sixpence :f_steam:
      Their deep unadventurous play strangled our front three.

Chased our tails most of the night..

But hey ho, we know what we've got to do in a fortnight..
      Can we go through on a 1-0?
      If Napoli score we need to beat them by two... yeah?
      If we beat them are Napoli out?

F**k it...Everton next !!! ;D

« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2018 09:47:38 pm by 6stringer »
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,380 posts | 2063 
      Reply #843: Nov 29, 2018 08:46:29 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,294 posts | 1737 
      Reply #844: Nov 29, 2018 08:53:29 pm
      Anyone of the two good in midfield?.. 😁

They certainly know how to move forward at pace.....
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,380 posts | 2063 
      Reply #845: Nov 29, 2018 09:03:44 pm
      They certainly know how to move forward at pace.....

Certainly know how to move into & create space.. 😎
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,020 posts | 2961 
      Reply #846: Nov 29, 2018 09:15:11 pm
      Could be some truth to agree in what Tomkins is saying..I mean trying to give a corner for a pen only to be over ruled by the linesman..& also we should have had a second pen when Silva jumped into Mane...No red for Veratti..One incompetent pr**k that ref..

Would it surprise me the corrupt powers to be are lining up a Man City v PSG oligarchy f**k fest..No..

Throw FIFA into the mix and anything is possible.
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2018 09:23:32 pm by stuey »
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,380 posts | 2063 
      Reply #847: Nov 29, 2018 09:23:02 pm
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,215 posts | 372 
      Reply #848: Nov 30, 2018 07:51:23 am
      0-2 down in Paris after 40 minutes, European Cup 2nd Round place at stake. The boat is rocking, the crew are panicking. Better look to the captain then to guide us through the mess and lead us out of it. Ah right, it's Hendo.

We have no VAR until at least the next round, so Neymar and his fellow conmen can dive and feign injury all they want until then. So if the ref has ahem, fallen for it, and usually has, nothing can be done about it. But when we do have VAR later on, Neymar and co will suddenly be able to stay on their feet, like they have to in the French league atm. You can con a ref on the pitch, but not a camera, after all.

We beat Napoli 5-0 a few months ago. Just a 1-0 win will be enough in the last game. Any win will be enough if PSG don't win in Belgrade. Everyone assumes they'll go there and get 3 points, like they assumed we would and Napoli would, but didn't. There hasn't been any away win in the group yet, and not many away goals either. But if we get the job done in the last game, we can throw this result in the dustbin.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,180 posts | 1357 
      Reply #849: Nov 30, 2018 08:19:16 am
      Bottled it basically

You are doing nothing but whinge and cry about our boring football yet there we are sat second unbeaten - we aren’t Man City - we don’t have the funds to get the players they have so our style has to be tempered a little bit

We are going really well in the league - it’s not boring , far from it , it may not be cavalier football but it’s not boring - it’s solid and it works and it gets the wins. Some people expectations are f**king ridiculous at times

We dont have the money of Citeh yet we have the money to spend £100million on 3 midfielders and then not play them, hmmm. We are getting away with it at the moment as we are just about good enough to win most games but we are only an injury or slight dip in form away from having a string of losses and looking at the fixture list in December that is worrying. Our forwards have yet not had a really great game this season and we keep hoping for them to click into gear, something is simply not right at the moment and Klopp seems a little bit lost on how to solve it, its like he doesn't dare trust his new signings yet.
      heimdall

• 7,180 posts | 1357 
      Reply #850: Nov 30, 2018 08:21:29 am
      Anyone of the two good in midfield?.. 😁

Even if they were Klopp wouldn't trust them ahead of the dynamic duo of Hendo and Milner.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,167 posts | 708 
      Reply #851: Nov 30, 2018 10:37:47 am
      At sometime he will just have to throw them in at the deep end (Play then regardless) for four or five games and let them find thier own feet, and make an assessment after that... You don't play then, they can not learn, or improve... Look at Chelsea with a young Salah, and  De Bruyne. Players need to play to improve
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,634 posts | 235 
      Reply #852: Nov 30, 2018 11:04:10 am
      Not for me mate.

I mean the ref was really, really awful, one of the worst I've seen, but bribery?
      Maybe I'm being naive here, but I just can't see it, it'd be too difficult to hide.
      Tompkins actually came out and said "he'll be driving a Ferrari next week"  :laugh:

Well, may be not bribed with money but he was certainly following the orders.

There is no way a referee can be that one sided in a European match without being told what to do. It was similar to the ref in the Chelsea vs Barcelona match few years ago where Chelsea were denied at least 3 clear cut stone walled penalties. UEFA wanted to make sure Barcelona go thru.

In Wednesday's case, they loaded the dice in the favour of PSG - I have *NO* doubt in my mind about this.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,317 posts | 103 
      Reply #853: Nov 30, 2018 01:27:55 pm

We beat Napoli 5-0 a few months ago. Just a 1-0 win will be enough in the last game. Any win will be enough if PSG don't win in Belgrade. Everyone assumes they'll go there and get 3 points, like they assumed we would and Napoli would, but didn't. There hasn't been any away win in the group yet, and not many away goals either. But if we get the job done in the last game, we can throw this result in the dustbin.

I'm apologize if I'm wrong mate but I read somewhere if Napoli score at Anfield we have to win by two goals or more and also RedStar MUST WIN against PSG .

Again I can be wrong here as this thing seem too much for my head ha ha.

heimdall

• 7,180 posts | 1357 
      Reply #854: Nov 30, 2018 01:30:49 pm
      I'm apologize if I'm wrong mate but I read somewhere if Napoli score at Anfield we have to win by two goals or more and also RedStar MUST WIN against PSG .

If we win by 2 goals then it doesn't matter what PSG do
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,270 posts | 1733 
      Reply #855: Nov 30, 2018 01:31:34 pm

If we beat Napoli by at least 2, it doesn't matter what happens in the other match mate, it just means PSG would top the group. We'd still finish second.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,317 posts | 103 
      Reply #856: Nov 30, 2018 01:34:20 pm
      If we win by 2 goals then it doesn't matter what PSG do

If we beat Napoli by at least 2, it doesn't matter what happens in the other match mate, it just means PSG would top the group. We'd still finish second.

Thanks mate.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,500 posts | 2522 
      Reply #857: Nov 30, 2018 01:39:24 pm
      https://twitter.com/hs_10ftbol/status/1068476894952202241?s=21

Beyond him being flat footed look at the number of missed opportunities to turn on the ball and take out opposition players.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum John Barnes

• 411 posts | 144 
      Reply #858: Nov 30, 2018 03:02:43 pm
      We dont have the money of Citeh yet we have the money to spend £100million on 3 midfielders and then not play them, hmmm. We are getting away with it at the moment as we are just about good enough to win most games but we are only an injury or slight dip in form away from having a string of losses and looking at the fixture list in December that is worrying. Our forwards have yet not had a really great game this season and we keep hoping for them to click into gear, something is simply not right at the moment and Klopp seems a little bit lost on how to solve it, its like he doesn't dare trust his new signings yet.

Continuing to bottle answering the direct question

It’s simple

Last season gung ho battling for 4th spot

Or this season conservative battling for the title

Which do you prefer
      German_Panzer
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | 29 
      Reply #859: Nov 30, 2018 03:07:25 pm
      So what if we win 1-0 vs. Napoli? Are we in the KO phase no matter what? Is there some official stuff to link at to be safe? Just watched Souness & Co. talking about we have to win with 2 goal difference.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,634 posts | 235 
      Reply #860: Nov 30, 2018 03:09:09 pm
      So what if we win 1-0 vs. Napoli? Are we in the KO phase no matter what? Is there some official stuff to link at to be safe? Just watched Souness & Co. talking about we have to win with 2 goal difference.

Two goal difference if Napoli score a goal otherwise 1-0. :)
      heimdall

• 7,180 posts | 1357 
      Reply #861: Nov 30, 2018 03:19:54 pm
      Continuing to bottle answering the direct question

It’s simple

Last season gung ho battling for 4th spot

Or this season conservative battling for the title

Which do you prefer

OK if I could only choose 2 from that list of absurd options then I'd pick last season and hope that Jürgen didn't f**k Buvac off and that Mo survived the attack from Ramos in the final plus Karius had a moment of clarity regarding how to keep goal.

In the real world I am very happy that we now have a solid defence but I don't see why that means we have to be negative in attack. City are able to be solid at the back AND great in attack, why can't we?
      heimdall

• 7,180 posts | 1357 
      Reply #862: Nov 30, 2018 03:21:06 pm
      Two goal difference if Napoli score a goal otherwise 1-0. :)

I'm a bit confused why 1-0 would be ok, is is because Red Star didn't score against us at home?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 221 
      Reply #863: Nov 30, 2018 03:53:39 pm
      I'm a bit confused why 1-0 would be ok, is is because Red Star didn't score against us at home?

This has been covered a few times. If we win 1-0 we have a GD of 2...9 scored 7 conceded.. their goals for and against is then 7-5...a GD of 2...same as us. Then it goes to who has scored the most..us with 9...them..7

If they actually score then we need to win the match 3-1 as in these circumstances their away goal is doubled.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 221 
      Reply #864: Nov 30, 2018 04:14:18 pm
      So if Liverpool win 2-1 Napoli go through even though we will have won 3 games in the group and Napoli have won 2..although Napoli could say well we have only lost 1 while Liverpool have lost 3..

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2578275.html

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,368 posts | 1959 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #865: Nov 30, 2018 04:36:14 pm
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,380 posts | 2063 
      Reply #866: Nov 30, 2018 05:39:07 pm
      This Leo DiCaprio tweet is fake, sadly :D

I think we know Diego...But it ain’t wrong though... 😁
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum John Barnes

• 411 posts | 144 
      Reply #867: Nov 30, 2018 05:53:43 pm
      OK if I could only choose 2 from that list of absurd options then I'd pick last season and hope that Jürgen didn't f**k Buvac off and that Mo survived the attack from Ramos in the final plus Karius had a moment of clarity regarding how to keep goal.

In the real world I am very happy that we now have a solid defence but I don't see why that means we have to be negative in attack. City are able to be solid at the back AND great in attack, why can't we?

We aren’t negative in attack FFS we just are a bit more conservative to ensure we win a few more games as opposed to losing or drawing which costs us the chance of going for the title - trying to demand we are like City is ridiculous- they have spent over a billion in a very short period to get the top players in the world playing.

Anyone that picks not challenging for the title just to see a few more goals being scored quite clearly doesn’t understand how long it’s been since we last won the title. We want to win the title not be the entertainers that fall short ffs - win games , win trophies
      Ribapuru

• 9,675 posts | 1054 
      Reply #868: Nov 30, 2018 06:57:14 pm
      We aren’t negative in attack FFS we just are a bit more conservative to ensure we win a few more games
      since when did conservative turn draws into wins? heard it all now. Comedy Gold that comment.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,270 posts | 1733 
      Reply #869: Nov 30, 2018 06:59:44 pm
      since when did conservative turn draws into wins? heard it all now. Comedy Gold that comment.

Since 13 games unbeaten in the league, and loads more points than at the same time last year.

Quick Reply