Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v PSG?

Alisson
      39 (46.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (3.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (21.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.4%)
      James Milner
      5 (6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      15 (17.9%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.2%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Dec 02, 2018 09:55:46 pm

Paris St Germain 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 35483 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Re: Live: PSG V Liverpool
      Reply #667: Nov 28, 2018 10:17:17 pm
      Napoli lesd the group. They only need to
      a) frustrate us and get a draw
      b) hold us to a 1-0 win and still go through
      Can we still go through...? yes ... Is it likely...? No

Love the positivity- shall we not bother turning up then ? Going to sell your ticket ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Re: Paris St Germain 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #668: Nov 28, 2018 10:17:47 pm
      How come every article in the build up to the game and the commentators during the game keep banging on about needing a 2-0 win? 1-0 would be better!

I think they didn’t expect Red Star to score
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #669: Nov 28, 2018 10:18:33 pm
      F***ing small time bunch chest pumping at a simple clearance.  :lmao: :lmao:

Neymar pumping up the crowd while not paying attention to the actual game. F***ing hell, someone tell them that they are playing in group stages.  :lmao:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #670: Nov 28, 2018 10:19:03 pm
      How come every article in the build up to the game and the commentators during the game keep banging on about needing a 2-0 win? 1-0 would be better!
      it's 2-0 needed.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #671: Nov 28, 2018 10:19:11 pm
      Went for robbo just coz he booted neymar

Milner got him a goodun in the first half as well! undeniable talent but surely the most dislikeable f**ker in world football
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #672: Nov 28, 2018 10:19:13 pm
      For the last time a 1-0 sees us through :).

Yes your right..a one goal win would put us level on GD but we go thru by virtue of scoring more..thanks.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #673: Nov 28, 2018 10:19:51 pm
      I know we 'can' go through with a 1-0 but F**k that right off.  Let's stick 3 in before half time.

Looks like I picked the right game in this group to go to (assuming we win like).
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #674: Nov 28, 2018 10:19:58 pm
      If that's true our chances are 60/40, if not (having to win 2-0) it's 50/50.

It's true.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #675: Nov 28, 2018 10:20:21 pm
      I know we 'can' go through with a 1-0 but F**k that right off.  Let's stick 3 in before half time.

Looks like I picked the right game in this group to go to (assuming we win like).

Will ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,049 posts | 3431 
      Reply #676: Nov 28, 2018 10:21:14 pm

1-0 will do ffs
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #677: Nov 28, 2018 10:21:51 pm
      Imagine Martin Tyler describing the scene at Anfield in December 2004 against Olympiakos...if Henderson was playing.

"Riise - his touch was a bit strong. Here's Carragher, trying to stay cool.

Mellor...lovely cushioned header for HENDERSON...who passes all the way back to Kirkland in goal much to the anguish of the whole stadium it seems. They just can't find a way to secure that all important third goal....

Well there goes the full time whistle and what a shame. Goals from Florent Sinama Pongolle and Neil Mellor set us up for a grandstand finish here at Anfield but it just wasn't forthcoming in the end. Liverpool will have to make do with the UEFA Cup once again this season."

It saddens me that teams will literally step off Henderson because they know he won't make that incisive, probing pass. It's like there's an invisible force shield that prevents him from being ambitious at all and while it can work 8 out of 10 weeks in the Premier League it simply isn't good enough at this level. The same goes for Gini who was terrible tonight as well and I fear these games merely show that pair to be of substandard quality at this level.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #678: Nov 28, 2018 10:22:12 pm
      okay I've seen 1-0 on BT sport now. Some pundits still saying 2-0, confusing.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #679: Nov 28, 2018 10:24:22 pm
      Only two players can walk out with their heads high - Robbo and Alisson

People will continue to focus on Henderson but that gives other players a free pass - it’s not Henderson’s fault other players have been very sloppy and zero sharpness - the front three have been poor even when getting service

If you look back you'll see most have said the whole midfield have been absolutely sh*te.

I think most single Henderson out because it's games like these you want your captain to do something to spark the game into life.

A crunching tackle on neymar, smash it in from outside the box, start rallying the troops, even do anything positive.

The only thing aggressive you'll see our captain do is shout at the ref or aggressively play a simple diagonal pass or cross 20 yards in front it's target.

But yeah the whole midfield is a bit sh*t but most expect more from Henderson, well I shouldn't really be speaking for others but I'll just say I expect a lot more from our captain.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #680: Nov 28, 2018 10:24:39 pm
      Napoli lesd the group. They only need to
      a) frustrate us and get a draw
      b) hold us to a 1-0 win and still go through
      Can we still go through...? yes ... Is it likely...? No

It's actually more likely than not.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #681: Nov 28, 2018 10:26:41 pm
      MOTM for me, hands down was Alisson. He kept the scoreline as close as it was. As for the match itself, yet again on the road in Europe this season, we haven't been good enough. Klopp picked the wrong team for me. Trent can feel hard done by tonight. Has a blinder at the weekend and in the home game against PSG, had Neymar in his pocket yet gets dropped. Without him and with Henderson, Milner and Gini in midfield we lacked any pace or attacking outlet to allow the front three to function. Salah looked the brightest of our front three, Bobby, and for the umpteenth time this season looked out of sorts. Yet again Klopp was too slow with the substitutions, and when they were made they failed to make any impact. Boss has some serious thinking to do because right now it's looking very likely the Europa league beckons.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #682: Nov 28, 2018 10:26:44 pm
      Yeah I don’t think so either?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46351524

Complicated Champions League rules state that if teams are tied on points in the group stage, they are separated by the head-to-head record between sides.

Napoli beat Liverpool 1-0 at home in the reverse game.

If PSG beat Red Star in their final game, they will progress, meaning Liverpool need the following against Napoli:

A 1-0 win will take them through, courtesy of a better goal difference.
      A win by two or more goals will take them through, courtesy of a better head-to-head record.
      However, a 2-1 or 3-2 win will see them GO OUT, as Napoli will have scored an away goal, so will progress on the head-to-head record.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #683: Nov 28, 2018 10:26:45 pm
      If you look back you'll see most have said the whole midfield have been absolutely sh*te.

I think most single Henderson out because it's games like these you want your captain to do something to spark the game into life.

A crunching tackle on neymar, smash it in from outside the box, start rallying the troops, even do anything positive.

The only thing aggressive you'll see our captain do is shout at the ref or aggressively play a simple diagonal pass or cross 20 yards in front it's target.

But yeah the whole midfield is a bit sh*t but most expect more from Henderson, well I shouldn't really be speaking for others but I'll just say I expect a lot more from our captain.
      it's the lack of ambition from Henderson.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #684: Nov 28, 2018 10:27:14 pm
      See link below for qualification details. 1-0 or 3-1 would do it

https://www.balls.ie/football/what-do-liverpool-have-to-do-to-qualify-401784

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #685: Nov 28, 2018 10:27:15 pm
      So 1-0 or 3-1. Time to dig out the Olmypiakos game out of the archive.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #686: Nov 28, 2018 10:27:37 pm
      I know we 'can' go through with a 1-0 but f**k that right off.  Let's stick 3 in before half time.

Did you accidentally click on the wrong browser tab and post in the wrong team's forum?  :) - will go right down to wire, the Liverpool way.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #687: Nov 28, 2018 10:28:31 pm
      Imagine Martin Tyler describing the scene at Anfield in December 2004 against Olympiakos...if Henderson was playing.

"Riise - his touch was a bit strong. Here's Carragher, trying to stay cool.

Mellor...lovely cushioned header for HENDERSON...who passes all the way back to Kirkland in goal much to the anguish of the whole stadium it seems. They just can't find a way to secure that all important third goal....

Well there goes the full time whistle and what a shame. Goals from Florent Sinama Pongolle and Neil Mellor set us up for a grandstand finish here at Anfield but it just wasn't forthcoming in the end. Liverpool will have to make do with the UEFA Cup once again this season."

It saddens me that teams will literally step off Henderson because they know he won't make that incisive, probing pass. It's like there's an invisible force shield that prevents him from being ambitious at all and while it can work 8 out of 10 weeks in the Premier League it simply isn't good enough at this level. The same goes for Gini who was terrible tonight as well and I fear these games merely show that pair to be of substandard quality at this level.

A very good post here. It was said years ago but nobody listened. If we have a Silva or Hazard in our ranks, we will probably just ahead of City at the moment. Klopp just finished his interview, he looked dazed and he probably still doesn't realise what happened with his tactics in the first half. ;D.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #688: Nov 28, 2018 10:28:36 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46351524

Complicated Champions League rules state that if teams are tied on points in the group stage, they are separated by the head-to-head record between sides.

Napoli beat Liverpool 1-0 at home in the reverse game.

If PSG beat Red Star in their final game, they will progress, meaning Liverpool need the following against Napoli:

A 1-0 win will take them through, courtesy of a better goal difference.
      A win by two or more goals will take them through, courtesy of a better head-to-head record.
      However, a 2-1 or 3-2 win will see them GO OUT, as Napoli will have scored an away goal, so will progress on the head-to-head record.

So f**k knows how you came to the conclusion it is 'unlikely'. Seems 50/50 to me.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #689: Nov 28, 2018 10:29:23 pm
      We don’t like doing it the easy in this competition ..

Going to be fun at Anfield..

Quick Reply