Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v PSG?

Alisson
      39 (46.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (3.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (21.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.4%)
      James Milner
      5 (6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      15 (17.9%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.2%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Dec 02, 2018 09:55:46 pm

Paris St Germain 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34742 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Paris St Germain 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Nov 28, 2018 10:29:44 pm
      We beat them one nil we go through. If they score we have to win by two goals.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #691: Nov 28, 2018 10:32:04 pm
      Imagine Martin Tyler describing the scene at Anfield in December 2004 against Olympiakos...if Henderson was playing.

"Riise - his touch was a bit strong. Here's Carragher, trying to stay cool.

Mellor...lovely cushioned header for HENDERSON...who passes all the way back to Kirkland in goal much to the anguish of the whole stadium it seems. They just can't find a way to secure that all important third goal....

Well there goes the full time whistle and what a shame. Goals from Florent Sinama Pongolle and Neil Mellor set us up for a grandstand finish here at Anfield but it just wasn't forthcoming in the end. Liverpool will have to make do with the UEFA Cup once again this season."

It saddens me that teams will literally step off Henderson because they know he won't make that incisive, probing pass. It's like there's an invisible force shield that prevents him from being ambitious at all and while it can work 8 out of 10 weeks in the Premier League it simply isn't good enough at this level. The same goes for Gini who was terrible tonight as well and I fear these games merely show that pair to be of substandard quality at this level.

As much as I've supported Hendo my patience is wearing thin as well. It's not that he's the disaster many say he is but if you have quick players like Mo, Bob and Mane, I mean these guys only need half a yard and they need the ball played up to them or for them to run on to.

Playing it in tight in tight situations leads to a bit of magic from the flair players. They won't do it every time obviously but if they don't get the supply, if the safety first ball is played to often then they will look as if they haven't performed. Not that I didn't see this in Hendo down the years but he just doesn't take enough chances. Possession football overkill.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #692: Nov 28, 2018 10:32:22 pm
      PSG are in general as well - with their celebrity 'fans' and their chest bumping after putting a ball out for a corner in the 70th minute. Cu*ts.

Celebs? Got F**k all on us, mate:

https://youtu.be/q1e64Dnf8PE
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #693: Nov 28, 2018 10:32:34 pm
      MOTM for me, hands down was Alisson. He kept the scoreline as close as it was. As for the match itself, yet again on the road in Europe this season, we haven't been good enough. Klopp picked the wrong team for me. Trent can feel hard done by tonight. Has a blinder at the weekend and in the home game against PSG, had Neymar in his pocket yet gets dropped. Without him and with Henderson, Milner and Gini in midfield we lacked any pace or attacking outlet to allow the front three to function. Salah looked the brightest of our front three, Bobby, and for the umpteenth time this season looked out of sorts. Yet again Klopp was too slow with the substitutions, and when they were made they failed to make any impact. Boss has some serious thinking to do because right now it's looking very likely the Europa league beckons.

Pretty accurate assessment is that. Was also dissapointed to see The Gomez-VVD partnership broken, I can only assume that Klopp was worried about the aerial threat of Cavani or didn’t quite trust TAA but we definitely missed Trent’s attacking threat
      « Last Edit: Nov 28, 2018 10:40:19 pm by Scottbot »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #694: Nov 28, 2018 10:32:55 pm
      A lovely cushioned header.....
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #695: Nov 28, 2018 10:33:11 pm
      Henderson should be sold years ago , very poor player we still one worse midfielders in champions league and even premier league, time give keita run games, and boss needs look st buy playmaker next summer and even play Curtis Jones even milner who good pro both him and Henderson both need sold we not going win anything in future with that mild field play toight
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #696: Nov 28, 2018 10:34:51 pm
      MOTM for me, hands down was Alisson. He kept the scoreline as close as it was.

Me too.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #697: Nov 28, 2018 10:35:41 pm
      Lads I don't know about you, I've not read the comments on here. I imagine their negative and half of them are bashing our captain for no good reason other than habit.

But I'm F***ing proud to be a Liverpool fan tonight.

Watching those F***ing cu*ts PSG roll around the floor like wet blankets all night. Seeing the look of disgust on Henderson, Milner and Robbo's faces as Neymar, M'Bappe, Di Maria and the other cu*ts threw themselves to the floor for 95 minutes just resonated with me. We went out and were outplayed in the first half but no the second. Every chance of momentum we had was ruled out by an utterly hideous refereeing performance. Whoever he was, he should be blacklisted. The pandering to Neymar, Veratti getting away with 4 bookable offences to the extent were even the Italian himself looked shocked he was still on the field. Booking every red shirt he could, disgrace. We fought on to the end.

I'd rather lose like Liverpool than win like PSG any day of the week, F**k them.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #698: Nov 28, 2018 10:36:03 pm
      So we lost all our group away matches.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #699: Nov 28, 2018 10:38:30 pm
      All this Hendo stuff. Not sure why he's being singled out tonight because he was among a good few others who were also sh*te, albeit, among a few of who it isn't fashionable to place blame on.

Hendo overall? He isn't totally useless but certainly isn't the midfield general some make him out to be either. He's very average and very replaceable in my opnion. He's a decent squady. No more for me at this point.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #700: Nov 28, 2018 10:39:41 pm
      Lads I don't know about you, I've not read the comments on here. I imagine their negative and half of them are bashing our captain for no good reason other than habit.

But I'm f**king proud to be a Liverpool fan tonight.

Watching those f**king cu*ts PSG roll around the floor like wet blankets all night. Seeing the look of disgust on Henderson, Milner and Robbo's faces as Neymar, M'Bappe, Di Maria and the other cu*ts threw themselves to the floor for 95 minutes just resonated with me. We went out and were outplayed in the first half but no the second. Every chance of momentum we had was ruled out by an utterly hideous refereeing performance. Whoever he was, he should be blacklisted. The pandering to Neymar, Veratti getting away with 4 bookable offences to the extent were even the Italian himself looked shocked he was still on the field. Booking every red shirt he could, disgrace. We fought on to the end.

I'd rather lose like Liverpool than win like PSG any day of the week, f**k them.

I'd rather lose like Liverpool too... Just last year's version who I fully believe would have destroyed them tonight.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #701: Nov 28, 2018 10:41:06 pm

But I'm f**king proud to be a Liverpool fan tonight.

Watching those f**king cu*ts PSG roll around the floor like wet blankets all night. Seeing the look of disgust on Henderson, Milner and Robbo's faces as Neymar, M'Bappe, Di Maria and the other cu*ts threw themselves to the floor for 95 minutes just resonated with me. We went out and were outplayed in the first half but no the second. Every chance of momentum we had was ruled out by an utterly hideous refereeing performance. Whoever he was, he should be blacklisted. The pandering to Neymar, Veratti getting away with 4 bookable offences to the extent were even the Italian himself looked shocked he was still on the field. Booking every red shirt he could, disgrace. We fought on to the end.

I'd rather lose like Liverpool than win like PSG any day of the week, f**k them.

With UEFA it's a case of if you've got middle eastern blood money then COME ON DOWN! Wouldn't be surprised if the ref got a bung from UEFA to keep PSG in the competition there. Easy to get away with if you're a complete nobody from Poland like he was.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #702: Nov 28, 2018 10:41:24 pm
      These are the tiebreakers, with comments added
      (I think it goes without saying we have to win. IF we draw it's Europa League - barring a Red Star win over PSG in which case we're out with a draw.)

1. Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams; (any win would have us equal on this)
      2. Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams; (any one-goal win has us equal, any win of more than one goal puts us through).
      3. Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams; a one-goal win keeps us equal, Two or more goals margin of win puts us through.

4. Away goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams; IF we only win by one and they score, we're out and they advance.
      5.Goal difference in all group matches; Any win gives us at least an equal goal difference as we would be at least +2 and they would be at best +2. A two goal win and our GD is better.
      6. Goals scored in all group matches - Any win and we advance on this as we're already one to the good (this is where 1-0 puts us in)
      7. Away goals scored in all group matches; (Wouldn't get to this because of 4 and 6  but if they score they would advance on this).
      8. Wins in all group matches; (winner would get this)
      Away wins in all group matches; (Napoli gets this if they win - but decided before this)
      9l Disciplinary points (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);
      UEFA club coefficient. (thankfully will not come to this).
      « Last Edit: Nov 28, 2018 10:51:36 pm by Robby The Z »
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #703: Nov 28, 2018 10:42:36 pm
      We win 1-0..go thru ..1-1...2-1...3-2....get the calculator out...wouldn't be Liverpool if there was no drama...a big Euro night at Anfield against one of our old adversaries...Carlo Ancelotti..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZpRpabR8EI

His eyebrow has a life of it's own..

saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #704: Nov 28, 2018 10:44:33 pm
      All this Hendo stuff. Not sure why he's being singled out tonight because he was among a good few others who were also sh*te, albeit, among a few of who it isn't fashionable to place blame on.

Hendo overall? He isn't totally useless but certainly isn't the midfield general some make him out to be either. He's very average and very replaceable in my opnion. He's a decent squady. No more for me at this point.

Spot on, if he was in your top trumps hand you'd be well annoyed, good engine & good at passing ball back & sideways other than that bloody average
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #705: Nov 28, 2018 10:46:13 pm

To borrow a turn of phrase from Fat Sam, if his name was Hendersoni he'd not get near the amount of criticism he does.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #706: Nov 28, 2018 10:48:09 pm
      Do think we need buy other forward next summer long with midfielder playmaker makes things happen bobby look poor and same with salah at times we still bit short few players bring on next level winning premier league or champion league in future
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #707: Nov 28, 2018 10:48:45 pm
      okay I've seen 1-0 on BT sport now. Some pundits still saying 2-0, confusing.

no pundits were saying if Napoli score than Liverpool need to win by 2 clear goals
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #708: Nov 28, 2018 10:48:46 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #709: Nov 28, 2018 10:49:17 pm
      IF we only win 2-1 and they score, we're out and they advance

Sherlock, lad.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #710: Nov 28, 2018 10:49:28 pm
      First time in CL we have lost all 3 away games!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #711: Nov 28, 2018 10:52:24 pm
      F***ing Diving French Frog cu*ts....what a disgrace they are to the Beautiful Game.

Well done lads, you made it respectable in the end against a bunch of F***ing clowns. The way they celebrated at the end was like they won the whole tournament. Frog cu*ts.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #712: Nov 28, 2018 10:52:54 pm
      To borrow a turn of phrase from Fat Sam, if his name was Hendersoni he'd not get near the amount of criticism he does.

Of course he would. Are you saying that no foreign players have ever got any sh*t from fans not happy with their performances?

Well if Fat Sam said it then it must be true...

Quick Reply