Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v PSG?

Alisson
      39 (46.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (3.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (21.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.4%)
      James Milner
      5 (6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      15 (17.9%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      1 (1.2%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Dec 02, 2018 09:55:46 pm

Paris St Germain 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 35574 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Paris St Germain 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Nov 29, 2018 01:40:57 am
      Is there a more detestable player in sports than Neymar? Someone needs to finally give that clown something to really cry about. To think we've had people here defending that cuntface and his theatrics.

What it needs is referees to start doing their damn job and book him for simulation. If he starts getting sent off in games for two yellows per match he'll soon start behaving.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #760: Nov 29, 2018 02:20:13 am
      What it needs is referees to start doing their damn job and book him for simulation. If he starts getting sent off in games for two yellows per match he'll soon start behaving.

Yup. From James Pearce's match report:

"Leonardo DiCaprio was at the Parc des Princes but the Oscar winner wasn't even close to being the best actor in attendance.
      That honour belonged to Neymar whose theatrics to repeatedly con free-kicks were a disgrace."
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #761: Nov 29, 2018 02:47:47 am
      How was Verratti still on the pitch? Must've had half a dozen fouls after his first yellow.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #762: Nov 29, 2018 03:04:10 am
      My disconnected thoughts...

Besides the PK, did LFC record a shot on net? I can't remember one
      How much did LFC spend on middies over the summer....and what are they bringing to the table?
      Firmino.......I think he was on the field but one would never know.
      Henderson could be the least creative middie in the PL. Captain Obvious with the ball. I see panic in his eyes when he gains momentary possession.
      Mo Salah is a finisher, not a playmaker, yet the back two lines keep feeding him the ball 30 yds out. Mo doesn't have the speed to race defenders and his ball security has been a problem all year. It's not working.

Was Neymar always such a flopper or did he learn his acting skills playing along side The Serial Biter?
      Yes....LFC did beat the crap out of him....but the ratio of hard tackle to flop was about one to one.
      The PL may not always display the most "beautiful" soccer, but thank God the PL has essentially removed flopping from the matches. Neymar is taking the sport backwards. He is just a hatable human being....with the fastest first step I have ever seen. Shame he is such an ass.

LFC....not nearly as good as we believe they are. I wouldn't bet the mortgage vs Napoli.
      The team misses Chamberlain immensely.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #763: Nov 29, 2018 03:35:51 am

I won't be surprised if these PSG celeb fans aren't paid to attend these games just to increase their casual fan base. I mean, you support PSG of all teams FFS.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #764: Nov 29, 2018 06:53:53 am
      Without a doubt we threw the game away in the first half,it was a good job we had Alisson in goal or we would have been totally demoralised.This square passing at the back and midfield  without making any progress forward really gets me angry.Oh for a Jan Molby type player. Alisson was mom for me with Robbo a close second.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #765: Nov 29, 2018 07:06:54 am
      How was Verratti still on the pitch? Must've had half a dozen fouls after his first yellow.

One of the great mysteries. It was unreal.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,279 posts | 2834 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #766: Nov 29, 2018 07:49:17 am
      That's the examples that have people pulling their hair out on here, or maybe it's Klopp who has instructed him that our attacking play is only too be directed through our fullbacks  :roll:

CHrist look at option b
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3920 
      Reply #767: Nov 29, 2018 08:08:48 am
      It was sh*t, it was another wake up call.

A few points from me:

Salah needs to sort it out
      Firmino needs to sort it out
      Henderson doesnā€™t lead by example

Becker is amazing
      Robertson is amazing
      Keita looked really good and confirms to me that we need him in the middle full time
      Mane looked really sharp and dangerous

Hopefully thatā€™s the end of the Henderson - Milner - Wijnaldum partnership plus I just hope Salah can start being creative and dangerous again because heā€™s so predictable at the moment
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #768: Nov 29, 2018 08:45:03 am
      Hopefully thatā€™s the end of the Henderson - Milner - Wijnaldum partnership plus I just hope Salah can start being creative and dangerous again because heā€™s so predictable at the moment

I hope it's the end of the 433 for now and we look into 4231 with an extra attacking player!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #769: Nov 29, 2018 09:06:24 am
      Jet fuel can't melt steel beams...but Henderson can.

But seriously, I don't see a problem with people criticising Henderson for an inept midfield display. For me the only debate was who was worse - Hendo or Gini? Either way there's problems there against opponents of a high standard which I don't believe they have the capabilities to handle.

I think Milner gets away with it too, he was really bad, been bad since september.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #770: Nov 29, 2018 09:09:32 am

On one instance in the game our great captain had possesion of the ball  and a big gap between 2 psg defenders. If he had the balls to slide it to Mane on the left wing unmarked, Mane would be on his way, one against one, against the psg keeper. No, his mine already fecking made up to pass the ball backwards. That's what the supporters are frustrated of. He has regressed over the years.
      Did anyone noticed he was jogging instead of running most of the time in this game? ( Ed: Yes.)
      His passion for the game and stamina perhaps has gone long time ago and the great managers of yesteryears will not allow or tolerate such a player to linger on.

They were only featuring a similar situation on MOTD the other night with David Luiz of the Chavs.

MacManaman did it @ Real Madrid.

Strolling around .

Players get into a comfort zone and lose the hunger or desire.

Time to move Hendo on and give the armband full time to Virgil .

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #771: Nov 29, 2018 09:14:00 am
      Is there a more detestable player in sports than Neymar? Someone needs to finally give that clown something to really cry about. To think we've had people here defending that cuntface and his theatrics.

They're called Brazillians. They're in a tough dilemma of being fan boys half the time.

In England we don't really suffer from that because we mostly hate other English players playing for other clubs.

After a piss take game like that the derby seems a great tonic.

No more flip flops, lollipops, Jaggers or divers. Let's get stuck in to some proper football and smash the blue bas**rds all over Anfield.
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2018 09:18:26 am by fields of anny rd »
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #772: Nov 29, 2018 09:20:47 am
      My disconnected thoughts...

Besides the PK, did LFC record a shot on net? I can't remember one
      How much did LFC spend on middies over the summer....and what are they bringing to the table?
      Firmino.......I think he was on the field but one would never know.
      Henderson could be the least creative middie in the PL. Captain Obvious with the ball. I see panic in his eyes when he gains momentary possession.
      Mo Salah is a finisher, not a playmaker, yet the back two lines keep feeding him the ball 30 yds out. Mo doesn't have the speed to race defenders and his ball security has been a problem all year. It's not working.

Was Neymar always such a flopper or did he learn his acting skills playing along side The Serial Biter?
      Yes....LFC did beat the crap out of him....but the ratio of hard tackle to flop was about one to one.
      The PL may not always display the most "beautiful" soccer, but thank God the PL has essentially removed flopping from the matches. Neymar is taking the sport backwards. He is just a hatable human being....with the fastest first step I have ever seen. Shame he is such an ass.

LFC....not nearly as good as we believe they are. I wouldn't bet the mortgage vs Napoli.
      The team misses Chamberlain immensely.

Surprise that this brutally honest and insightful  post has not receive the pluses it deserves... Big up Borg  :gt-happyup:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #773: Nov 29, 2018 09:32:13 am
      I know he should have been sent off but boy Veratti is some player, must be the most under rated player in the world.

Compare him to Henderson picking up the ball from the back and making quick incisive passes or running anc taking on players to create spaces for others.

Sigh.............we will just have to put up with our recycler.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,080 posts | 3442 
      Reply #774: Nov 29, 2018 09:35:48 am
      I know he should have been sent off but boy Veratti is some player, must be the most under rated player in the world.

Compare him to Henderson picking up the ball from the back and making quick incisive passes or running anc taking on players to create spaces for others.

Sigh.............we will just have to put up with our recycler.

Why compare the two players - they arenā€™t the same player and donā€™t play in the same role

If you want to compare then compare Verratti to Milner or Gini - they were the players who were supposed to be the ā€œcreatorsā€

PSG put a CB in the role Henderson played last night

Why not compare Henderson to Buffon or Neymar as well whilst everyone is at - Christ Henderson hasnā€™t saved a thing so far

At least compare like for like
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3920 
      Reply #775: Nov 29, 2018 09:40:35 am
      Why compare the two players - they arenā€™t the same player and donā€™t play in the same role

If you want to compare then compare Verratti to Milner or Gini - they were the players who were supposed to be the ā€œcreatorsā€

Why not compare Henderson to Buffon or Neymar as well whilst everyone is at - Christ Henderson hasnā€™t saved a thing so far

Get your head out of Hendersonā€™s arse - for F**k sake. He was absolutely awful last night and there is nothing you can say to defend him. Done done and done.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #776: Nov 29, 2018 09:41:07 am

I see you having a go at Rib for lack of football knowledge!

Where do you think Veratti plays?
      He is their DPLM
      Henderson is our DM

So both play in the same zone!

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,080 posts | 3442 
      Reply #777: Nov 29, 2018 09:44:04 am
      I see you having a go at Rib for lack of football knowledge!

Where do you think Veratti plays?
      He is their DPLM
      Henderson is our DM

So both play in the same zone!

What the F**k is a DPLM ?! Do you play to many computer games or something ? Zones ?

Henderson was the defending sitting midfielder

Marquinhos was their defending sitting midfielder

Verratti and Di Maria were their attacking creative centre Mids

Gini and Milner were our attacking creative centre Mids

DPLM - Jesus h Christ
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #778: Nov 29, 2018 09:47:15 am
      What the f**k is a DPLM ?! Do you play to many computer games or something ? Zones ?

DPLM - Jesus h Christ

If you donā€™t know what a DPLM is I canā€™t help you but google is a great place  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

You related to Henderson by any chance?

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #779: Nov 29, 2018 09:48:06 am
      What the f**k is a DPLM ?! Do you play to many computer games or something ? Zones ?

DPLM - Jesus h Christ

Deep lying playmaker dude. Not that hard.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #780: Nov 29, 2018 10:08:41 am
      Deep lying playmaker dude. Not that hard.

With all due respect mate......Iā€™m not sure that scans but I get your drift ;)
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,030 posts | 533 
      Reply #781: Nov 29, 2018 10:14:14 am
      2nd half was better than the first, but still wasn't great.

Mane had a good 2nd half, as did Robertson. Pretty much all our threat came down their side. Mo disappeared in the 2nd half - mainly down to Gomez and Milner probably under instruction to keep the door shut defensively. Firmino continues to be out of form. Hendo had a good 2nd half, despite no doubt being the usual suspect from many on here. So did VVD. Subs were positive from JĆ¼rgen, but only Keita really did much. Gave Allisson MOTM.

The main concern is just that we continue to lack our old intensity. Up to the Napoli game we were playing well, but it seemed to knock our confidence a bit, and we haven't really got it back. I also get that JĆ¼rgen seems to be trying to get us to vary the tempo more and manage games better, which I actually agree we needed to do, but maybe we are still coming to terms with getting the balance right, and are playing too conservatively now. I'd like to see us getting back that very high tempo start to games - catching teams cold and ruffling their composure with our intense press. Then slow it down as appropriate. We are too pedestrian right now. Hard to tell how much it is tactical, psychological or physical.

Quick Reply