Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v PSG?

Alisson
      39 (46.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (3.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (21.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.4%)
      James Milner
      5 (6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      15 (17.9%)
      Naby KeĂŻta
      1 (1.2%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Dec 02, 2018 09:55:46 pm

Paris St Germain 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34681 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Paris St Germain 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #805: Nov 29, 2018 12:39:10 pm
      Well I would say Keita needs to play. Strong player coming from deep and from " in the hole". Our league form has held up but we've been found out, to a degree in Europe. Klopp needs to be bold. Could he even play Keita,Shaq and Gini in midfield. Take the thing by the scruff etc.

The two deepest midfielders create a little pocket in front of them that Ox used last season to start his runs, which created space for the front 3.
      So far this season, Firmino has been dropping into that pocket, but hasn't turned and run at the opposition.
      That's what is missing at the moment imo
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #806: Nov 29, 2018 12:40:29 pm
      Well I would say Keita needs to play. Strong player coming from deep and from " in the hole". Our league form has held up but we've been found out, to a degree in Europe. Klopp needs to be bold. Could he even play Keita,Shaq and Gini in midfield. Take the thing by the scruff etc.

He could play Gini as the holder with Keita next to him and go 4231.

Which incidentally has been our most creative formation.

Personally I would also prefer it if Bobby went back to his 9/10 role and Salah stayed out wide more often.

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #807: Nov 29, 2018 12:40:48 pm
      The way PSG threw themslves to the ground at the slightest contact wasn't good but it should not overlook the fact that in the first half we didn't work hard enough. Don't like it when we sit deep but that's what we should've done. They were fighting to stay in so early on men behind the ball, soak it up. They were given to much space and time.

Not a great defensive display. Should've done a Rafa like number on them. Goes without saying they are going to cheat to get the result.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #808: Nov 29, 2018 12:43:52 pm
      He could play Gini as the holder with Keita next to him and go 4231.

Which incidentally has been our most creative formation.

Personally I would also prefer it if Bobby went back to his 9/10 role and Salah stayed out wide more often.

Said that a few times. Mo moved inside when Coutinho left. It worked but he needs to mix it up more. Find a bit of space. He's not getting fed because we are currently playing safety first a bit to much.

Mix it up Mo.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #809: Nov 29, 2018 12:44:06 pm
      The player that played with real passion is Robertson and I won't hesitate to make him the next captain in line.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #810: Nov 29, 2018 12:45:51 pm
      The way PSG threw themslves to the ground at the slightest contact wasn't good but it should not overlook the fact that in the first half we didn't work hard enough. Don't like it when we sit deep but that's what we should've done. They were fighting to stay in so early on men behind the ball, soak it up. They were given to much to much space and time.

Not a great defensive display. Should've done a Rafa like number on them. Goes without saying they are going to cheat to get the result.

They did to us what we were doing to teams last season, a 20 minute blitz, get a goal, pick the opposition off on the counter.
      For the first 20 mins, they often matched our back 4 1on1, and just bypassed the midfield by getting it to one of their attacking 4.

It's probably a compliment to Klopp that Tuchel copied him, but then he did the same at Dortmund, right down the the fist pump when they scored.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #811: Nov 29, 2018 12:52:47 pm
      Could be some truth to agree in what Tomkins is saying..I mean trying to give a corner for a pen only to be over ruled by the linesman..& also we should have had a second pen when Silva jumped into Mane...No red for Veratti..One incompetent pr**k that ref..

Would it surprise me the corrupt powers to be are lining up a Man City v PSG oligarchy f**k fest..No..

A Man City V PSG final would be a undignified perverse caricature of the game. A bought and paid for money god worship nauseating spectacle.

I will simply refuse to recognise the event......*.sniff.*...
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #812: Nov 29, 2018 02:30:17 pm
      The faithful fans are restless, there's widespread discontentment on the matter in many forums and getting very serious and Klopp has to be careful, otherwise the tide will turn against him.  What i read at other forums made us looked like angels here.

Amazing. What Klopp has done in a relatively short time at this club.
      Says a LOT more about 'supporters' than him.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #813: Nov 29, 2018 02:32:48 pm
      Damage had been done by the time the subs came on and PSG had gone full on low block.
      It was the first half capitulation from the midfield that caused the damage.

What do you expect Bobby and Salah to do if they are not getting the ball until 2-3 players are on them.

Sick and tired of seeing Hendo or Milner launch a hopeful punt onto Salah’s head  :mad:

Bob has done nothing with balls to him, good bad or otherwise. Not just last night.
      Salah's not close to the brilliant form of last season, but at least he's nicking some goals.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #814: Nov 29, 2018 02:32:56 pm
      Amazing. What Klopp has done in a relatively short time at this club.
      Says a LOT more about 'supporters' than him.

I agree, he's taken us from playing fantastic  attack minded football to an overly cautious negative snoozefest, interspersed with the occasional humiliating defeat.
      Curious how all that coincides with Buvac being removed
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #815: Nov 29, 2018 02:35:35 pm
      Paul Tompkins has gone into full meltdown, and basically said the ref was bribed.

He was completely incompetent, out of his depth, overly influenced by PSG etc but bribed?

Best part of his performance was when he gave Neymar a free kick for kicking the ground and falling over as he was trying to shoot.
      Unbelievable.

We they should give him a few bob cause it was a spineless rubbish  disgrace of a refereeing performance that favoured the diving Nancy boys from PSG
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #816: Nov 29, 2018 02:36:56 pm
      Knew from the start that ref was at it
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #817: Nov 29, 2018 02:40:11 pm
      We they should give him a few bob cause it was a spineless rubbish  disgrace of a refereeing performance that favoured the diving Nancy boys from PSG

I agree completely, the bloke was utterly inept, and biased.
      I'm just not buying the whole "bribe" thing.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #818: Nov 29, 2018 02:47:28 pm
      I agree, he's taken us from playing fantastic  attack minded football to an overly cautious negative snoozefest, interspersed with the occasional humiliating defeat.

Occasional humiliating defeat? Would love to know what ones you are classifying as humiliating given we are unbeaten and just lost away to one of the most expensive teams on the planet. Which only leaves away defeats to Napoli and Red Star, neither of which I would use the hyperbole of ‘huniliating’ to describe.

Talking absolute nonsense.
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2018 02:58:36 pm by RedWilly »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #819: Nov 29, 2018 02:50:02 pm
      Occasional humiliating defeat? Would love to know what ones you are classify as humiliating given we are unbeaten and just lost away to one of the most expensive teams on the planet. Which only leaves away defeats to Napoli and Red Star, nether of which I would use the hyperbole of ‘huniliating’ to describe.

Talking absolute nonsense.

The loss to PSG is not really humiliating just very dissapointing in how we set up so negatively, but the way we lost to Napoli and the loss to Red Star were humiliating fro my pov, in any case you can;t dispute that we've lost that WOW and BOOM factor from last year, I honestly can;t remember the last time I watched our play and thought "that's amazing, what skill and vision"
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #820: Nov 29, 2018 02:54:58 pm

So simple question

Would you take our league position right now playing a more conservative way or last years all out attack league position

And I’m happy to bore our way to a title

But then the play hasn’t “bored” me because we keep winning
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #821: Nov 29, 2018 02:56:42 pm
      The faithful fans are restless, there's widespread discontentment on the matter in many forums and getting very serious and Klopp has to be careful, otherwise the tide will turn against him.  What i read at other forums made us looked like angels here. What i read somewhere a source wrote the owners will not sanction another big money move bcos Klopp has bought a number of players but persists with the dead woods.

Well that’s total sh*te.

* highlighted is brilliantly oxymoronic
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2018 04:00:22 pm by Scotia »
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #822: Nov 29, 2018 02:57:28 pm
      The loss to PSG is not really humiliating just very dissapointing in how we set up so negatively, but the way we lost to Napoli and the loss to Red Star were humiliating fro my pov, in any case you can;t dispute that we've lost that WOW and BOOM factor from last year, I honestly can;t remember the last time I watched our play and thought "that's amazing, what skill and vision"

I wouldn’t use the word humiliating, but semantics, i agree with your point that the ‘wow’ factor has gone but what remains (in my view) is a much more balanced side that is far more capable and sustainable than last seasons side.

All my life I have seen Liverpool have a once off fantastic team that could blow teams away every now and again but it always has that feeling of one playing being off and it all falling apart. We don’t have that now but I would back our current squad and set up to keep being there season in season out and competing.

We need to win at Anfield to qualify from our Champions League group and are unbeaten in the league heading into December and had our best every start to the league, very healthy imo.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #823: Nov 29, 2018 03:47:02 pm
      The faithful fans are restless, there's widespread discontentment on the matter in many forums and getting very serious and Klopp has to be careful, otherwise the tide will turn against him.  What i read at other forums made us looked like angels here. What i read somewhere a source wrote the owners will not sanction another big money move bcos Klopp has bought a number of players but persists with the dead woods.

If the tide is close to turning on a manager currently unbeaten in the league and a win away from knockout stages of the CL then the fanbase has lost the plot.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #824: Nov 29, 2018 03:54:55 pm
      If the tide is close to turning on a manager currently unbeaten in the league and a win away from knockout stages of the CL then the fanbase has lost the plot.

Fanbase isnt turning. Few knobs on the net doesnt represent the fanbase. The fanbase know whats what pal
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #825: Nov 29, 2018 03:56:27 pm
      Went Alisson motm. Fine game plus Robbo or VVD got most of my votes this srason so spreading it around
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #826: Nov 29, 2018 03:58:46 pm
      Fanbase isnt turning. Few knobs on the net doesnt represent the fanbase. The fanbase know whats what pal

I know Brian just trying to point out the stupidity of the post.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #827: Nov 29, 2018 04:00:10 pm
      I know Brian just trying to point out the stupidity of the post.

In fairness it did reach 5 star levels of stupidity

Quick Reply