Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v PSG?

Alisson
      39 (46.4%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (3.6%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (21.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.4%)
      James Milner
      5 (6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      15 (17.9%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      1 (1.2%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Dec 02, 2018 09:55:46 pm

Paris St Germain 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34748 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Re: Paris St Germain 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #828: Nov 29, 2018 04:03:27 pm
      In fairness it did reach 5 star levels of stupidity

And will continue to do so it appears.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #829: Nov 29, 2018 04:29:11 pm
      Klopp's system calls for a runner from midfield.
      It was Ox last season, and is now supposed to be Keita.
      Milner and Wijnaldum have both tried to do it with varying degrees of success, but neither do it consistently.
      This !!!
      The difference between Henderson and Ox is/was night and day.
      Henderson treats the ball as a hot potato with cooties
      Ox would charge 40 yards up the center of the field with the ball blowing holes through defenses and opening huge lanes for the forwards to receive the ball in space. LFC was at their best.
      I had hoped LFC's summer middie acquisitions solved the Chamberlain absence. Who knew $100+ million doesn't buy much these days.
      Last year LFC also thrived with crosses deep from the corners by Milner and Robertson. This year, I don't see bunches of LFC players in the box waiting for delivery. The new defensive minded LFC....paying off in the PL but not explosive enough in the CL....not even close. 3 losses in 5 doesn't scream World Elite
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #830: Nov 29, 2018 04:32:31 pm
      I agree, he's taken us from playing fantastic  attack minded football to an overly cautious negative snoozefest, interspersed with the occasional humiliating defeat.
      Curious how all that coincides with Buvac being removed

Disagree we've gone from luvvie football to something more akin to winning the league. The only defeats have so far came in cup competitions, that'll do for me if we can keep this form up in the league.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #831: Nov 29, 2018 04:34:42 pm
      Fanbase isnt turning. Few knobs on the net doesnt represent the fanbase. The fanbase know whats what pal

We're gunning for the league and so far doing very well. As you say mate, those that know, know the score!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #832: Nov 29, 2018 04:43:19 pm
      As for last night, considering we only really started playing around the 40th minute mark I actually thought we did ok to come away with a 2-1 defeat. They way we played those first 40 minutes I honestly thought we were getting a hiding. Got our sh*t together 2nd half and shows how dangerous we are the way Thiago Silva was celebrating every clearance.

We know what to do against Napoli, just go out and tw*t the sh*te out of them. Another big Euro night in front of the kop and send the ities packing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #833: Nov 29, 2018 05:04:35 pm
      So simple question

Would you take our league position right now playing a more conservative way or last years all out attack league position

And Iā€™m happy to bore our way to a title

But then the play hasnā€™t ā€œboredā€ me because we keep winning

I think our defense is more than good enough to allow for a more attacking style of football, we might slip in the odd goal, like Citeh do, but we'll almost always score more, playing conservatively is very dangerous unless you have a rock solid defensive style throughout the team which we simply don't have.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #834: Nov 29, 2018 05:05:32 pm
      Well thatā€™s total sh*te.

* highlighted is brilliantly oxymoronic

So I'm guessing you were the one who was loyal and happy with Hodgson then ;-)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #835: Nov 29, 2018 05:06:51 pm
      I think our defense is more than good enough to allow for a more attacking style of football, we might slip in the odd goal, like Citeh do, but we'll almost always score more, playing conservatively is very dangerous unless you have a rock solid defensive style throughout the team which we simply don't have.

That didnā€™t answer the question

Which would you prefer - last season being out of the title race already but excited or right now and a bit more conservative
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #836: Nov 29, 2018 05:09:14 pm
      The loss to PSG is not really humiliating just very dissapointing in how we set up so negatively, but the way we lost to Napoli and the loss to Red Star were humiliating fro my pov, in any case you can;t dispute that we've lost that WOW and BOOM factor from last year, I honestly can;t remember the last time I watched our play and thought "that's amazing, what skill and vision"

Zero non-penalty kick goals for LFC in their 3 CL road losses (1 PK)....not much amazing going on...on the road.
      Home sweet home.....7 goals in two home matches (2 PKs)

Lets get the tiny Swiss guy on the field and get some creativity going....Wow + boom please.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #837: Nov 29, 2018 05:12:32 pm
      That didnā€™t answer the question

Which would you prefer - last season being out of the title race already but excited or right now and a bit more conservative

I didn't answer the question because its a stupid loaded question. Why would I want to play a certain way knowing that we would not win anything??? ON the flip side the way we play now I don't think we will win anything either as Citeh will score more than us and will win more games than us plus if we carry on being this crap away from home in Europe we will struggle there as well.

So I want to see the same exciting attacking style as last year alongside the more solid defense we now have, is that ok?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #838: Nov 29, 2018 05:32:08 pm
      I didn't answer the question because its a stupid loaded question. Why would I want to play a certain way knowing that we would not win anything??? ON the flip side the way we play now I don't think we will win anything either as Citeh will score more than us and will win more games than us plus if we carry on being this crap away from home in Europe we will struggle there as well.

So I want to see the same exciting attacking style as last year alongside the more solid defense we now have, is that ok?

Bottled it basically

You are doing nothing but whinge and cry about our boring football yet there we are sat second unbeaten - we arenā€™t Man City - we donā€™t have the funds to get the players they have so our style has to be tempered a little bit

We are going really well in the league - itā€™s not boring , far from it , it may not be cavalier football but itā€™s not boring - itā€™s solid and it works and it gets the wins. Some people expectations are F***ing ridiculous at times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #839: Nov 29, 2018 07:35:11 pm
      F***ing Diving French Frog cu*ts....what a disgrace they are to the Beautiful Game.

Well done lads, you made it respectable in the end against a bunch of f**king clowns. The way they celebrated at the end was like they won the whole tournament. Frog Cu*ts.

Pretty much sums up how i felt,just add the gobs***e ref in there as well,no clue why so many of our fans turn on our own team.Just a fake F***ing made up team psg,cu*ts.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #840: Nov 29, 2018 07:47:07 pm
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #841: Nov 29, 2018 08:35:55 pm
      Even after last nights win there's no f**king way PSG will win this trophy.

I'm amazed we didn't start the second half against 9 men.

I'm even more amazed how we paid over Ā£100m for Fabinho and Keita yet they didn't start last night.
      I don't buy into this "he's not quite ready yet"
      Perfect opportunity last night to put those two lads in and show some forward thinking.
      I lost count of the amount of times Henderson and Milner got turned on a sixpence :f_steam:
      Their deep unadventurous play strangled our front three.

Chased our tails most of the night..

But hey ho, we know what we've got to do in a fortnight..
      Can we go through on a 1-0?
      If Napoli score we need to beat them by two... yeah?
      If we beat them are Napoli out?

F**k it...Everton next !!! ;D

« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2018 09:47:38 pm by 6stringer »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #842: Nov 29, 2018 08:46:29 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #843: Nov 29, 2018 08:53:29 pm
      Anyone of the two good in midfield?.. 😁

They certainly know how to move forward at pace.....
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #844: Nov 29, 2018 09:03:44 pm
      They certainly know how to move forward at pace.....

Certainly know how to move into & create space.. 😎
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #845: Nov 29, 2018 09:15:11 pm
      Could be some truth to agree in what Tomkins is saying..I mean trying to give a corner for a pen only to be over ruled by the linesman..& also we should have had a second pen when Silva jumped into Mane...No red for Veratti..One incompetent pr**k that ref..

Would it surprise me the corrupt powers to be are lining up a Man City v PSG oligarchy F**k fest..No..

Throw FIFA into the mix and anything is possible.
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2018 09:23:32 pm by stuey »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #846: Nov 29, 2018 09:23:02 pm
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #847: Nov 30, 2018 07:51:23 am
      0-2 down in Paris after 40 minutes, European Cup 2nd Round place at stake. The boat is rocking, the crew are panicking. Better look to the captain then to guide us through the mess and lead us out of it. Ah right, it's Hendo.

We have no VAR until at least the next round, so Neymar and his fellow conmen can dive and feign injury all they want until then. So if the ref has ahem, fallen for it, and usually has, nothing can be done about it. But when we do have VAR later on, Neymar and co will suddenly be able to stay on their feet, like they have to in the French league atm. You can con a ref on the pitch, but not a camera, after all.

We beat Napoli 5-0 a few months ago. Just a 1-0 win will be enough in the last game. Any win will be enough if PSG don't win in Belgrade. Everyone assumes they'll go there and get 3 points, like they assumed we would and Napoli would, but didn't. There hasn't been any away win in the group yet, and not many away goals either. But if we get the job done in the last game, we can throw this result in the dustbin.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #848: Nov 30, 2018 08:19:16 am
      Bottled it basically

You are doing nothing but whinge and cry about our boring football yet there we are sat second unbeaten - we arenā€™t Man City - we donā€™t have the funds to get the players they have so our style has to be tempered a little bit

We are going really well in the league - itā€™s not boring , far from it , it may not be cavalier football but itā€™s not boring - itā€™s solid and it works and it gets the wins. Some people expectations are f**king ridiculous at times

We dont have the money of Citeh yet we have the money to spend Ā£100million on 3 midfielders and then not play them, hmmm. We are getting away with it at the moment as we are just about good enough to win most games but we are only an injury or slight dip in form away from having a string of losses and looking at the fixture list in December that is worrying. Our forwards have yet not had a really great game this season and we keep hoping for them to click into gear, something is simply not right at the moment and Klopp seems a little bit lost on how to solve it, its like he doesn't dare trust his new signings yet.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #849: Nov 30, 2018 08:21:29 am
      Anyone of the two good in midfield?.. 😁

Even if they were Klopp wouldn't trust them ahead of the dynamic duo of Hendo and Milner.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #850: Nov 30, 2018 10:37:47 am
      At sometime he will just have to throw them in at the deep end (Play then regardless) for four or five games and let them find thier own feet, and make an assessment after that... You don't play then, they can not learn, or improve... Look at Chelsea with a young Salah, and  De Bruyne. Players need to play to improve

Quick Reply