Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Everton (02/12/18 - 16:15)

Read 10571 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Everton (02/12/18 - 16:15)
      Reply #23: Nov 30, 2018 09:42:23 am
      Fabinho - watched him closely in the Fulham game - rock bottom opposition and doubt very much he currently deserves to be one of the first names on the team sheet.  Shaqiri at home against teams outside the top six I do not have a problem with - hence why I put him in the side.  And Keita gets the nod through the simple fact that Wijnaldum looks like he's had too many games in his legs recently - domestic and international.

No we have to play Fabinho because he is Brazilian and his name end in o like all the great Brazilians.

A player with the name Fabinho is obviously world class.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24: Nov 30, 2018 10:09:30 am
      No we have to play Fabinho because he is Brazilian and his name end in o like all the great Brazilians.

A player with the name Fabinho is obviously world class.

Are you suggesting Klopp fu**ed up buying him?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #25: Nov 30, 2018 01:04:49 pm
      The Blueshite under Silva certainly press higher up the pitch more than they ever have before so probably a blessing is disguise that Henderson is suspended.
      I imagine Keita and Shaq will start.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #26: Nov 30, 2018 01:35:19 pm

No I'm suggesting that I see people keep naming him to start and so far he has not played well enough imo to warrant starting, especially a Merseyside Derby.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27: Nov 30, 2018 01:40:07 pm
      No I'm suggesting that I see people keep naming him to start and so far he has not played well enough imo to warrant starting, especially a Merseyside Derby.

I think he does OK when Wijnaldum plays behind him, or we use 2 6's, but he isn't quite used to the pace of the prem yet, and as we know a derby is even faster paced.

Personally, I'd prefer to see Milner and Wijnaldum starting with Keita in front of them.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #28: Nov 30, 2018 02:19:26 pm

As much as suggesting Klopp fu**ed up buying Robbo & Ox... 🙄

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #29: Nov 30, 2018 02:30:09 pm
      As much as suggesting Klopp fu**ed up buying Robbo & Ox... 🙄

Plus for 2k

Well deserved, nice one Shabs
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #30: Nov 30, 2018 03:28:58 pm

In your opinion the times you have seen him play has he been worse than Henderson and if so in what way was he worse?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #31: Nov 30, 2018 03:30:05 pm
      Jesus,think i might swerve this place if we don't win this one.The lunatics have got the keys already,manager is sh*te, keeper sh*te,vvd not in the top ten defenders,no midfield,and strikers,that can't score.cue some dad's army....

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #32: Nov 30, 2018 03:31:00 pm
      Jesus,think i might swerve this place if we don't win this one.The lunatics have got the keys already,manager is sh*te, keeper sh*te,vvd not in the top ten defenders,no midfield,and strikers,that can't score.cue some dad's army....

:laugh: :laugh:

Another funny one, you're on a roll today ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Nov 30, 2018 03:35:03 pm

The manager is not sh*te but he is stubborn, Jürgen is very very good but I do feel he has lost his way a bit after Buvac left, remember that it was Klopp himself who referred to Buvac as the tactical brains in his team an dI'm not sure Ljinders has quite filled those boots.

Allison is one of the best signings ever, anyone who says otherwise is a moron.

We have very good midfielders if only Jürgen will take a chance on them, he needs to take a risk and stop relying on the old guard of Henderson and Milner, they will never win us anything but they are still useful to have in the squad.

We have superb strikers but they are currently being starved of service because of the poor and negative midfield style compared to last year.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #34: Nov 30, 2018 03:35:44 pm

Chicken Little syndrome.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #35: Nov 30, 2018 03:36:50 pm

No idea what that means, or what Chicken Little is.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #36: Nov 30, 2018 03:40:07 pm
      No idea what that means, or what Chicken Little is.

Fairy story / folk tale.

Chicken Little gets hit on the head by an acorn and thinks the sky is falling down.......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_Little

Kinda apt, don’t ya think.....?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37: Nov 30, 2018 03:41:57 pm
      Fairy story / folk tale.

Chicken Little gets hit on the head by an acorn and thinks the sky is falling down.......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_Little

Kinda apt, don’t ya think.....?

Very apt.

In fact they may henceforth be known as "the littlers"
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #38: Nov 30, 2018 03:53:30 pm
      Very apt.

In fact they may henceforth be known as "the littlers"

Gene Littler was an American  golfer. Won the US Open  one year. Why bring him into it?

Edit: all my facts wuz wrong.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39: Nov 30, 2018 03:54:39 pm
      Gene Littler was a South African golfer. Won the PGA Championship one year. Why bring him into it?

He was a big Hendo fan though tbf
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #40: Nov 30, 2018 04:04:14 pm
      He was a big Hendo fan though tbf

Sshhh...Do let them find out what Kenny thinks of Henderson...🤫
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #41: Nov 30, 2018 04:06:46 pm
      Sshhh...Do let them find out what Kenny thinks of Henderson...🤫

I mentioned the war Shabs, but I think I got away with it.....
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #42: Nov 30, 2018 05:20:37 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

Start with Danny, bring on Bobby.

Everton have looked a lot better in the last month.  Think they'll get a European spot this season.  Not the walkovers they used to be but still - we're a much better side than they are.

That would be my team also, I think Leita is ready for a start and I’m not a big fane of Bobby playing behind Salah.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #43: Nov 30, 2018 05:55:57 pm
      The manager is not sh*te but he is stubborn, Jürgen is very very good but I do feel he has lost his way a bit after Buvac left, remember that it was Klopp himself who referred to Buvac as the tactical brains in his team an dI'm not sure Ljinders has quite filled those boots.

Allison is one of the best signings ever, anyone who says otherwise is a moron.

We have very good midfielders if only Jürgen will take a chance on them, he needs to take a risk and stop relying on the old guard of Henderson and Milner, they will never win us anything but they are still useful to have in the squad.

We have superb strikers but they are currently being starved of service because of the poor and negative midfield style compared to last year.
      Klopp is very good at signing players. He didn't sign Moreno, Mignolet, Henderson, Lovren... He signed Alisson, Van Dijk, Salah.. etc .. it's his ability to get such amazing talent that gets us results.
      Before anybody says about unbeaten this season, we've been very lucky, bad performances won't work forever. It's because we have such good players we can win when playing badly. Klopp had the defense sorted with Van Dijk and Gomez as CB with Robertson and Trent as FB, but he's destroying it to accommodate players such as Lovren who should be rotated and not accomodated. Alisson is world class, he deserves all the credit for our success so far this season. When he gets MOTM in a game we lost that speaks volumes. Our forwards are class and will improve throughout the season. Where Klopp gets it wrong is midfield. I constantly moaned about Henderson, Mignolet and Moreno... only Henderson is left but I don't think we need to worry, Klopp was slow to replace Moreno and Mignolet... He even praised them. Henderson is running out of chances, he signed Fabinho for a reason. I honestly think Henderson has put Klopp in a bad position now and it is coming to a fork in the road, last season this fork was Mignolet. This season it is;

a) drop Henderson
      b) lose credibility

I'm 80% sure it will be a and Keita or Fabinho will get more minutes. Henderson's drop into squad player has already started. Juventus is a must win game, if Henderson starts and we don't get out the group, Klopps invincibility will be gone and the fan base split. Klopp won't risk that. He knows the problem, that's why he lost control to get himself touchline ban against Napoli. Klopp never loses it with refs, but his anger is deeper than that. If we go out and thrash Everton 5-0, Klopp has to understand that this is our first xi. It's important for a very functioning midfield to display what we're missing. Seeing players on training is not the same as seeing players on match day, Klopp seems almost tricked by training performances.
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2018 06:01:34 pm by Ribapuru »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #44: Nov 30, 2018 06:00:04 pm
      Klopp is very good at signing players. He didn't sign Moreno, Mignolet, Henderson, Lovren... He signed Alisson, Van Dijk, Salah.. etc .. it's his ability to get such amazing talent that gets us results.
      Before anybody says about unbeaten this season, we've been very lucky, bad performances won't work forever. It's because we have such good players we can win when playing badly. Klopp had the defense sorted with Van Dijk and Gomez as CB with Robertson and Trent as FB, but he's destroying it to accommodate players such as Lovren who should be rotated and not accomodated. Alisson is world class, he deserves all the credit for our success so far this season. When he gets MOTM in a game we lost that speaks volumes. Our forwards are class and will improve throughout the season. Where Klopp gets it wrong is midfield. I constantly moaned about Henderson, Mignolet and Moreno... only Henderson is left but I don't think we need to worry, Klopp was slow to replace Moreno and Mignolet... He even praised them. Henderson is running out of chances, he signed Fabinho for a reason. I honestly think Henderson has put Klopp in a bad position now and it is coming to a fork in the road, last season this fork was Mignolet. This season it is;

a) drop Henderson
      b) lose credibility

I'm 80% sure it will be a and Keita or Fabinho will get more minutes. Henderson's drop into squad player has already started. Juventus is a must win game, if Henderson starts and we don't get out the group, Klopps invincibility will be gone and the fan base split. Klopp won't risk that. He knows the problem, that's why he lost control to get himself touchline ban against Napoli. Klopp never loses it with refs, but his anger is deeper than that.

The only person who has lost all credibility is you.

You don't half post some F***ing sh*t.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #45: Nov 30, 2018 06:01:32 pm
      The only person who has lost all credibility is you.

You don't half post some f**king sh*t.
      That means he had credibility in the first place ?

Quick Reply