Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson
      52 (40%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      8 (6.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (3.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (5.4%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      11 (8.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (3.1%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      39 (30%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Voting closed: Dec 06, 2018 06:09:00 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 41259 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #805: Dec 03, 2018 05:52:40 am

But your NOT a fan, not even f***in close, I've been on these boards for a tad over 10yrs pal and i can honestly say that your posts are by far the most negative, disrespectful and totally pointless ive read, you continuously spout your inane drivel in the hope some poor f**ker believe's them,

In those ten years fella we have lost contributions from posters who's knowledge was invaluable to the uneducated and the new fans who have yet to witness the success this club has had down the years ,
      Weve lost them because of f***in no marks like you spouting their bile and rhetorical bullshit,

I don't expect you will F**k off, and i don't expect you will cease to write total crap,  but if you want i bit of advice its this, ...

If you have nothing sensible to say keep your gob shut, read posts from those who know what the F**k their talking about and absorb the information they portray,  you actually might even learn something about Liverpool FC and its history .

« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2018 11:27:03 am by racerx34 »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #806: Dec 03, 2018 07:14:30 am
      Apart from the lucky win it's depressing to see this team struggle. JĆ¼rgen can't find a way and the team itself can't either. We played some good teams and didn't look any good against them (except Spurs). That's where we are: mediocre but under the protective hand of Jesus/Mohammed/some f*cking Hindu god dude.

Keita has the potential, but boy does he look lost. He's nowhere near ready to carry the load. Fabinho shows flashes with tackles but looks shaky overall. Fab = Henderson. So JĆ¼rgen is basically right to trust Gini-Hendo-Milner in the important games. Very tough times ahead.

Weā€™re unbeaten in the league and not even into third gear yet. Call me crazy but Iā€™m going to look at that with a positive spin.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #807: Dec 03, 2018 07:19:59 am
      Weā€™re unbeaten in the league and not even into third gear yet. Call me crazy but Iā€™m going to look at that with a positive spin.

I wouldnā€™t bother mate, Iā€™m note sure heā€™d even muster a smile if we won the title.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #808: Dec 03, 2018 07:23:48 am

There were a few last night Mags that exposed themselves as not being genuine supporters.

Anybody whose FIRST reaction was ā€œNot good enough, we were luckyā€ or to moan about Klopp / push own fav player agendas needs to look at themselves.

If youā€™re a Liverpool fan you donā€™t care.....we just beat them lot with a freak goal from an error by their mouthy keeper in the 2nd minute of extra, extra time - added on because of their time wasting......

Thatā€™s golden. PLUS unbeaten at this point and 2 points behind City is anything but a ā€œcrisisā€ as one blert suggested.

Theyā€™re damaging this place.
      +11
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #809: Dec 03, 2018 07:30:40 am
      There were a few last night Mags that exposed themselves as not being genuine supporters.

Anybody whose FIRST reaction was ā€œNot good enough, we were luckyā€ or to moan about Klopp / push own fav player agendas needs to look at themselves.

If youā€™re a Liverpool fan you donā€™t care.....we just beat them lot with a freak goal from an error by their mouthy keeper in the 2nd minute of extra, extra time - added on because of their time wasting......

Thatā€™s golden. PLUS unbeaten at this point and 2 points behind City is anything but a ā€œcrisisā€ as one blert suggested.

Theyā€™re damaging this place.

They are damaging it mate because itā€™s not being enjoyable to read or post because you just get sucked in by the tossers and you see every thread being filled with the same sh*te.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #810: Dec 03, 2018 07:54:10 am
      I've only just stopped laughing over that goal  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

The funniest thing about it was, when VVD shot there was a loud cheer of 'Waaaayy' from the bitter away section. Only for the ball to land on pickfords head who made a mess of it and divock tapped in home  :lmao: brilliant.

The celebrations by the Kop, players and in particular JĆ¼rgen was class. What a way to win a Derby match hahaha.

Right that said, let's get level headed now and I'll discuss the game how I saw it as always.

First things first, I wasn't happy with the line up. Whenever we play shaqiri, we have to move both firmino and Salah out of position and it affects them both massively. Neither have been particularly great this season anyway, but there's no doubt about it that firmino is much better playing as the 9 and that Salah is much better out wide. 

James Milner hasn't been playing particularly great of late either but for a Derby game he would have been the first name on the team sheet for me. I'd have also put Keita in for this match too.

So personally, I'd have gone with the same back five, gini as the 6, Milner and Keita as the 8s and our usual front three. I think that's our best team.

Anyway, the game gets underway and it's just end to end in truth. Everton had some massive chances, in particular the header from two yards out. I can't believe they missed that but it was great goalkeeping and then follow up defending from Gomez (who was immense throughout).

We also had some big chances of our own and both mane and shaqiri should have scored.

That said, I don't think we played particularly well and if anything, Everton were the better side. I thought we lacked fluidity going forward and our midfield was being over ran. I don't know how many times klopp has to play firmino as the point of the midfield in the 10 role to realise it just doesn't work. The huge spaces we left in midfield we're embarrassing at times and against a  better team, they'd have punished us. Fabinho did ok I thought but gini was a passenger for most parts and Bobby was shocking.

Second half I felt we went up a gear and that Everton sat back a little bit and were looking for the draw. We had a couple of more big chances that we should have put away. Mane missed another big chance and I can't believe origi hit the bar from about 3 yards out either. Again, we weren't playing particularly well but I felt it was one way traffic.

The goal eventually came which is up there with the funniest and flukiest goals I've ever seen. To get that 90+6 against that shower of sh*te of all teams was truly brilliant. I haven't stopped laughing at the absolute fume coming from them since  :lmao: .... F***ing brilliant.

To summarise, we probably just about deserved the win overall in terms of big chances. Everton had 2 or 3 but we had 4 or 5.  In terms of playing football, I actually thought they were the better side for once, especially in the first half. Maybe that's because we always drill them and for once they didn't look as sh*te as they usually are.

We've still not found our rhythm yet. The football is a bit sh*t and we've got big problems in the midfield and with our attack. Unless we solve it pretty soon then we're going to get found out I'm afraid so it's no good jumping on people's backs who are raising the concerns.

Special mention to our back five who have been incredible all season. Our goalie is F***ing boss and Gomez has saved us 50m on bringing in a new cb to partner virgil. He is going to be every bit as good as VVD and to be honest, he's not that far off now.

A brilliant and hilarious win, one we needed after city's win, but we still need to book our ideas up. Come on reds.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #811: Dec 03, 2018 08:03:08 am
      Woke up this morning and it was the first thing I thought about!!

Going to be buzzing for a while about that one.  Shame we play midweek now.  Pity we haven't got an international break to truly milk this for a fortnight!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #812: Dec 03, 2018 08:18:21 am
      Woke up this morning and it was the first thing I thought about!!

Going to be buzzing for a while about that one.  Shame we play midweek now.  Pity we haven't got an international break to truly milk this for a fortnight!

Itā€™s not even Pickford for me thatā€™s the best.

It the celebrations of the draw because the 90+4 is up after they waste about 3 mins of it.......only to be hoist by their own petard.....in the 96th minute 🤣

Beautiful
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #813: Dec 03, 2018 08:34:47 am
      F***ing hell. What an absolutely mental night.

Game was a 2:45am kick off here. Thankfully I was off work today so I have slept most of it, F**k me - six Guinness cans, bottle of red, and a few ales before all that has my brain more frazzled than Jordan Pickford in the 96th minute :D

Put Fabinho in as my man of the match. Seeing the votes largely for Alisson and Divock, both fair for different reasons - but just the amount of times I saw Fab put in in midfield to break up what would end up chances for Everton otherwise was brilliant. That was a battle, and one we were not at all dominant by any means in different stretches, but he stood up. For a first derby, I think he really showed the kind of player we should look forward to seeing much more of in the future. Thought Mane was pretty good considering it wasn't going all that well up front, beyond his not hitting the target. Gomez off the line was brilliant.

Was a F***ing grind. They came to play for once. They smelt blood in the water. To do them the way we did after all that makes it all the sweeter that they genuinely thought this was their time. The heartbreak for them is larger, the victory for us all the more sweeter.

UP THE F***ing REDS.

P.S. Broken wine glass in the goal celebration as me and the lads I was watching with went absolutely F***ing nuts, obviously. Didn't spill any somehow though, F***ing better hands than dinosaur arms, me 8) This photo was with the last of the bottle in the glass at 5:30am after drinking since 7:30pm so forgive how F***ing crazy I look :D

https://twitter.com/bigvYNWA/status/1069305335486255106

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #814: Dec 03, 2018 09:05:12 am
      Right back at ya kid. You are one of the posters Iā€™m talking about that WILL be the ruination of this great place.

Iā€™d debate it with you but itā€™s pointless because you donā€™t actually understand what youā€™re talking about - as you make painfully apparent on a regular basis.

In spite of this youā€™ll present as right and that your views carry more weight time and time again.

Letā€™s just ignore one and other.

Good luck. Iā€™m out.

What would be the point in coming on here every single week after we win just to say 'That was amazing'.

What is so wrong in saying 'we got A bit lucky there, here are my concerns...'.

Personally I'd rather have a pint and discuss football with somebody who has more to say than just 'another fantastic win, we are brilliant, there are no faults, we are going to win everything'.

You might think those type of supporters are depressing and gloomy and ruin the forum and whatever else, but I would disagree with you on that. It's also my opinion that the over the top full of praise reds come across as divvys and it's actually them who don't know what they're on about and they're not true football people. If all they can say is 'we are great' then I'm not really interested to be honest.

It was a good win yesterday. Any win against Everton is a good win. The manner in which we won makes it even better plus we desperately needed the points after city beat Bournemouth.

But, there is absolutely nothing wrong with people commenting on negatives or highlighting any concerns they have. In fact, it's very much welcomed. I'm not here to read 'aren't we great' all the time, I'm here to read the difference of opinions from reds and what THEY would do. Far more interesting read.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,866 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #815: Dec 03, 2018 09:07:40 am

Granted you've not been playing at your best recently but MEDIOCRE??? You've played 14 games in Premierleague, won 12 drawn 2 lost 0  In any other year with these stats not only would you be top of league you'd be saying we're back playing to the way you were in the 70s.

You seriously think your mediocre??? Let me show you MEDIOCRE!!  PLAYED 14, WON 6, DRAWN 4, LOST 4

I'll take your mediocre stats every day of the week thank you. Basically we all just have to except currently Man City on a different level. I don't enjoy saying it but facts are facts.
      « Last Edit: Dec 03, 2018 11:27:38 am by racerx34 »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #816: Dec 03, 2018 09:15:09 am
      What would be the point in coming on here every single week after we win just to say 'That was amazing'.

Personally I'd rather have a pint and discuss football with somebody who has more to say than just 'another fantastic win, we are brilliant, there are no faults, we are going to win everything'.

You might think those type of supporters are depressing and gloomy and ruin the forum and whatever else, but I would disagree with you on that. It's also my opinion that the over the top full of praise reds come across as divvys and it's actually them who don't know what they're on about and they're not true football people. If all they can say is 'we are great' then I'm not really interested to be honest.

It was a good win yesterday. Any win against Everton is a good win. The manner in which we won makes it even better plus we desperately needed the points after city beat Bournemouth.

But, there is absolutely nothing wrong with people commenting on negatives or highlighting any concerns they have. In fact, it's very much welcomed. I'm not here to read 'aren't we great' all the time, I'm here to read the difference of opinions from reds and what THEY would do. Far more interesting read.

Ok so broadly I agree with that - in principle.

However, personally, I find it even more boring seeing people post the same ego-centric sh*te week after week, game after game aimed at specific players or the manager.

Iā€™d rather read ā€œup the Redsā€ 500 times than some of the utterly puerile sh*te that gets flung - regardless of what actually happens.

Each to their own. Good luck to you.
      « Last Edit: Dec 03, 2018 09:25:08 am by Scotia »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #817: Dec 03, 2018 09:18:07 am
      What a boost for the team, I think itā€™s a game changer for us going forward.. just the type of result we needed to galvanise the team with the games we have this month..

Made up me 😁
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #818: Dec 03, 2018 09:18:35 am
      Origi's goal already goal of the month in MOTD for December, to my mind. It will take some beating !

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #819: Dec 03, 2018 09:20:42 am
      I am sorry I can't select Man of the Match as the only MoM that can possibly be is not on the list.

My MoM is Jordan Pickford.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #820: Dec 03, 2018 09:20:45 am
      Is there something more to these wins when we are playing badly than luck? There has to be, probably a mentality to scrape out 3 points and the quality on the field to do it. If we do that all season and win.. at the end of the season I'll be delighted with that. I hope performances don't catch up with us. Burnley next and I fully expect us to win at least 3-0.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #821: Dec 03, 2018 09:23:25 am
      I am sorry I can't select Man of the Match as the only MoM that can possibly be is not on the list.

My MoM is Jordan Pickford.
      If you look at who Klopp went to it was Alisson, his great distribution set the winner up.. after those saves too, nobody came close to MOTM for me. Gomez second though.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #822: Dec 03, 2018 09:32:31 am

Pickford only makes that mistake because we are turning the screw on them late on and still determined to get a winner.  That's the way some people such as myself look at it.

It wasn't a sparkling performance by any stretch of the imagination but we drew 1-1 with them last year at Anfield against, lets be honest, a much poorer Everton side.
      « Last Edit: Dec 03, 2018 11:28:14 am by racerx34 »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #823: Dec 03, 2018 09:32:36 am
      It will also do Origi the world of good and perhaps he can contribute a little more regularly with some confidence.

Would be great it that was something that came from the game/goal.
      Even before the goal, thought he had more impact than the other subs.
      He can run the channels and beat a guy with pace, something Studge can't do.
      And in the celebrations with the other lads, was surprised how big the guy is - seems to have gotten bigger/broader.
      Maybe it's just the haircut.
      His control and passing can sometimes be a bit ropey, but different option to the other lads.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #824: Dec 03, 2018 09:36:44 am
      One goal conceded in the last 11 league games at home. 29 goals scored.

Absolutely incredible stats.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #825: Dec 03, 2018 09:39:33 am
      Pickford only makes that mistake because we are turning the screw on them late on and still determined to get a winner.  That's the way some people such as myself look at it.

It wasn't a sparkling performance by any stretch of the imagination but we drew 1-1 with them last year at Anfield against, lets be honest, a much poorer Everton side.
      I guess so, local derbies are always harder and as you point out, improvement to last season.

4-2-3-1 didn't work for us and I hope we don't try that again. I should be happy Klopp had a plan b yesterday though. I've often thought Klopp made dodgy late subs but Origi, that one came from nowhere and best sub he could have made.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #826: Dec 03, 2018 10:13:55 am

Excellent post and I 100% agree with this, this forum would be incredibly boring if everyone just agreed all the time. It is a forum for discussing how we are doing as a football team and irrespective of how wonderful it was to snatch a last gasp winner against the Bitters, and honestly I'm still smiling now thinking about it, it doesn't cover over the fact that it was a slightly wobbly performance from us with the attack once again quite poor. On the plus side I much preferred the midfield yesterday, yes we got overrun a few times but we also created a hell of a lot more going forwards, I think with a sustained run of games for Fabinho and Keita we will see a much better midfield which will help the forwards and the whole team.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, thereā€™s a golden sky.
      Reply #827: Dec 03, 2018 10:33:37 am
      So, I take it all of you Reds living in Liverpool had a particularly good Monday morning then, no? 😁

Quick Reply