Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson
      52 (40%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      8 (6.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (3.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (5.4%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      11 (8.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (3.1%)
      Naby KeĂŻta
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      39 (30%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Voting closed: Dec 06, 2018 06:09:00 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 40767 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #874: Dec 03, 2018 04:49:11 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #875: Dec 03, 2018 04:59:35 pm

He did.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #876: Dec 03, 2018 05:37:05 pm
      See the tossers at the FA have charged Klopp, have the Arsenal subs who kicked off when Spurs scored, or Maureen kicking the bottles been charged, spineless bas**rds
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #877: Dec 03, 2018 06:28:46 pm
      Two goal celebrations that made headlines.

Eric Dier scored for Spurs and runs over to the Arsenal fans and taunts them with gestures to be silent. This causes an almighty melee in the corner between Arsenal players who were warming up and many of the Spurs team and it could've easily involved fans coming on the field. Inciting away fans is not acceptable as it can lead to real violence with people getting seriously injured. Dier an experienced International should know better. He was given the yellow card by the Ref for inciting the trouble in the first place. He should be charged with misconduct by the FA. Will he...I doubt it.

Jurgan Klopp the Liverpool manager goes over the top with his goal celebrations. Running on to the pitch and celebrating with goalkeeper Allison. No threat to anyone and although it's wrong, it was just an over enthusiastic goal celebration. Will he be charged with misconduct by the FA....I'll be very surprised if he isn't.

Surprise surprise..the FA have charged JĂźrgen klopp with misconduct...has untill 18.00 Thursday to grovel to the FA....no mention so far of any charges against Dier for inciting the Arsenal fans....probably put out the lame excuse that the Ref gave Dier a yellow, so the matter has been dealt with.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #878: Dec 03, 2018 06:43:27 pm
      What a win. What a game by Alisson, Gomez and Trent.

Thanks Origi, you will never be forgotten. With Firmino's form, I would start on Wednesday to thank for the three points on the bitter blues plus, he can offer us something different.

He has the energy to track like Firmino.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #879: Dec 03, 2018 06:49:06 pm
      That was every bit as mental as Olympiakos but better because of the pain inflicted on the blueshite especially one fat baldy b***ard called Anderson.
       Gary Mac all over again but again even more important. Divok will be a legend now and rightly so he could easily have fouled pickford but he stood there like a wolf following a weakened calf then he stuck. The best feeling I have had watching Liverpool for a long time and as its Everton its just makes is oh so sweet
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #880: Dec 03, 2018 07:09:20 pm
      See the tossers at the FA have charged Klopp, have the Arsenal subs who kicked off when Spurs scored, or Maureen kicking the bottles been charged, spineless bas**rds

Yes Arsenal and Spurs have been charged - Maureen kicked the bottles in a CL match
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #881: Dec 03, 2018 07:45:48 pm
      Nothing in particular to say about the match itself other than it's probably one of the greatest football matches ever.

While reading the blueshite boards the fact that a good number of posters are concerned about missing sixth place by a point because of this loss fills me with the greatest of joy this holiday season.

Merry Xmas everton
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #882: Dec 03, 2018 08:41:47 pm
      While reading the blueshite boards the fact that a good number of posters are concerned about missing sixth place by a point because of this loss fills me with the greatest of joy this holiday season.

Ha, yeah, and when we win the PL by that one goal difference in May I'll just quietly snigger inside when the blueshite are crying all around me.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #883: Dec 03, 2018 09:36:33 pm
      I'd love to see a video of VVD after he turned away after he sky-ed that shot to see he actually had an assist for the winning goal.

Happy Days.  :gt-happyup:
      https://twitter.com/Sennesation/status/1069660950859530242
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #884: Dec 03, 2018 09:39:26 pm

Oh that is lovely. Missed that.

Top man Sadio - he had the right hump with Gueye I remember that.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #885: Dec 03, 2018 09:56:23 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #886: Dec 03, 2018 10:00:30 pm
      Woke up this morning and it was the first thing I thought about!!

Going to be buzzing for a while about that one.  Shame we play midweek now.  Pity we haven't got an international break to truly milk this for a fortnight!

Hahahaha
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #887: Dec 03, 2018 10:09:23 pm
      Just a bit of perspective about the  way the game really went. Sometimes our neuroses blind us to reality - a better Everton yep; better than Liverpool....not even close 👊

https://twitter.com/billycarney85/status/1069676194260533248?s=21
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #888: Dec 03, 2018 11:37:54 pm
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #889: Dec 04, 2018 02:55:10 am
      No, it really shouldn't be, you should try to be impartial and only penalise people for breaching forum rules, if you feel incapable of doing that then perhaps hand over the responsibility to someone else.
      In all honesty the bullying of Ribaparu on this forum is actually quite disgraceful sometimes and is something you should look at a bit closer.
      For the record I don't think Riba has been particularly negative here, he just pointed out that there were still some issues with the team despite the victory, not really that controversial is it?

Agreed. The bullying and obsession with Rib is a joke. It's one of the reasons why I've reduced my time on here.

Fully grown men constantly abusing him because he occasionally highlights or discusses problems that we have (in HIS opinion which he's bloody entitled too).

The amount of fully grown men on here who get their knickers in a twist if you don't come online straight after the match and say 'Liverpool are wonderful' is ridiculous. It's F***ing embarrassing.

We got a good win and the goal was comical. We probably deserved the 3 points overall because we could have easily had 4 or 5 goals. That said, we still didn't play very well compared to our usual standards. Bobby in the midfield doesn't work and Salah as the 9 doesn't work either. The midfield was carved open a few times and the spaces we left were unforgivable. We lack fluidity and we're still not playing anywhere near our best. If it wasn't for how great our back five have been then we'd be nowhere near city. Imagine if VVD or Becker got injured? We'd be in deep sh*t.

Just because we got the points in the end and just because the winning goal was funny and just because it was against Everton and just because we're still unbeaten and just because our home record is insanely good and just because we're still in the title race DOES NOT MEAN we shouldn't discuss those type of things.

Getting fed up with blokes on here acting like 12 year olds playing out with their mates and somebody said something nasty about their favourite club liverpool FC so they ran home and told their mum. Get a massive grip of yourselves.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #890: Dec 04, 2018 04:52:40 am
      Just a bit of perspective about the  way the game really went. Sometimes our neuroses blind us to reality - a better Everton yep; better than Liverpool....not even close 👊

https://twitter.com/billycarney85/status/1069676194260533248?s=21
      really? We played them at home and it took a monumental f**k up to get a winner in the 95th minute and you think the game was "not even close"? Have a look who MOTM was around here before spouting that around.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #891: Dec 04, 2018 05:04:39 am
      I saw a constantly, desperately negative poster get some hammer yes.

It wasn’t for daring to criticise though. As I said before - context is everything.

He and another dude got stick (and a chastening) for behaviour betraying an established, ongoing, monotonous, self-obsessed agenda at the wrong time.

If you couldn’t see that pal - that’s on you. The body of work is there.
      GP might be negative, but if you break it down he's attacking our performances because he's concerned if we don't improve it's going to catch up with us. Personally I think we've got a few games to get it right because Napoli is the game we're going to be punished for a bad performance. They're very defensively strong, 95 minutes against Everton is like 300 against Napoli. I think Klopp knows it and that's why he changed to a 4-2-3-1. If we go out and put 3 goals past Burnley tomorrow that's excellent. If we just unconvincingly scrape 3 points again it leaves a cause for concern how long we'll get away with it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #892: Dec 04, 2018 08:54:02 am
      it's an obsession with you isn't it, every paragraph. Dragging my name though the mud because I won't rate Henderson and I openly say when he's sh*te sometimes. Get a life.
      You even try to revenge by trying to find faults with Fabinho and Alisson... two players you know I rate. Fyi Bananaman, it's Rib not Rip

And that’s a perfect example of what people are getting at

You bring Henderson into it ? Why

And revenge when speaking negatively about other players ?! How old are you - 13 ?

If you read through both the Fabinho and Alisson threads people are posting very constructive posts about them but mainly in the whole - they point out areas where they are strong and areas where they need to improve ( in the case of Fabinho ) , as for Alisson people have just said he isn’t the best in the world at the moment

It’s a world away from you constantly posting - “Henderson is sh*t” irrelevant of the subject of if he is even played - it’s a constant , over and over again and on the whole it has zero substance behind it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #893: Dec 04, 2018 09:28:55 am
      And that’s a perfect example of what people are getting at

You bring Henderson into it ? Why

And revenge when speaking negatively about other players ?! How old are you - 13 ?

If you read through both the Fabinho and Alisson threads people are posting very constructive posts about them but mainly in the whole - they point out areas where they are strong and areas where they need to improve ( in the case of Fabinho ) , as for Alisson people have just said he isn’t the best in the world at the moment

It’s a world away from you constantly posting - “Henderson is sh*t” irrelevant of the subject of if he is even played - it’s a constant , over and over again and on the whole it has zero substance behind it

All opinions on a forum tend to get polarised to the max though. People saying Henderson is sh*t when he's not really sh*t or claiming he has no faults and is superb when he clearly isn't that either. The truth is of course somewhere in the middle but the reason why people get so polarised is because its so infuriating to see someone so stubbornly sticking to one side without even willing to listen to another point of view and in response a poster will swing to the other extreme. I think we are all probably guilty of that to a certain extent and the cure is just to be a bit more respectful and I would also suggest that putting people on ignore and then telling everyone that you have put them on ignore every second post is the opposite of showing respect and does great harm. If you really feel the need to ignore someone then you need to really do it. Personally I think its a lot healthier to debate someone even if disagree with them, if you have an open mind then there is always a chance they might actually be partially correct, I've certainly had my mind changed in the past by convincing and well argued posts.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #894: Dec 04, 2018 09:36:05 am
      All opinions on a forum tend to get polarised to the max though. People saying Henderson is sh*t when he's not really sh*t or claiming he has no faults and is superb when he clearly isn't that either. The truth is of course somewhere in the middle but the reason why people get so polarised is because its so infuriating to see someone so stubbornly sticking to one side without even willing to listen to another point of view and in response a poster will swing to the other extreme. I think we are all probably guilty of that to a certain extent and the cure is just to be a bit more respectful and I would also suggest that putting people on ignore and then telling everyone that you have put them on ignore every second post is the opposite of showing respect and does great harm. If you really feel the need to ignore someone then you need to really do it. Personally I think its a lot healthier to debate someone even if disagree with them, if you have an open mind then there is always a chance they might actually be partially correct, I've certainly had my mind changed in the past by convincing and well argued posts.

People don’t claim Henderson has no fault far from it but the people just blurting out “he is sh*t” can’t see past their own opinion to see that others don’t claim him to be world class etc etc - that’s what annoys people - they think because someone doesn’t think he is sh*t then they must think he is world class without actually reading what has been posted

But again it’s just turned to Henderson because one poster can’t stop going on about him

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #895: Dec 04, 2018 11:13:56 am
      <Deleted some off topic posts>

I've also committed the usernames of those posts I had to delete to my short term memory.  If I see more off topic posts from the same people there will be more warnings.

This topic is about Liverpool 1 Everton 0.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #896: Dec 04, 2018 11:26:10 am

Quick Reply