Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Alisson
      22 (18%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      12 (9.8%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.8%)
      James Milner
      17 (13.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.8%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      63 (51.6%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      4 (3.3%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.8%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: Dec 09, 2018 09:38:51 pm

Burnley 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28868 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: Burnley 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Dec 06, 2018 12:08:25 am
      Brilliant result. Did we see the arrival of Naby Keita tonight?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #599: Dec 06, 2018 12:15:05 am
      The sooner sh*t like this is relegated the better for the league.

And to think some of the dross in the press were mentioning Dyche as a England Manager....... sh*t they appointed Allerdyce didnā€™t they!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #600: Dec 06, 2018 12:27:51 am
      Happy to see everyone contributing. Not forgetting some nice passes and assist from Studge and Mo for the third goal. Milner can score and create chances just outside the opposition box. That 's what he does best during his city days and hope Klopp deploys him a bit further up the field.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #601: Dec 06, 2018 01:36:02 am
      That was not a poor performance. You can't always turn up away from home and batter the home team.

That game showed we have the bottle and the grit to hang in there.

Just like Watford away but with them kicking the ball out of Alissons hands.

I'm slowly adapting to the mindset of expecting us to play poorly and win. And I think I like it.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #602: Dec 06, 2018 01:59:30 am
      Some over reaction on here in terms of performance. Let's put into context the opposition,their shithouse manager, and the conditions.

Thought it was an overall well rounded performance we showed grit, character and class in the end to beat this lot.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #603: Dec 06, 2018 02:10:16 am
      Just like Watford away but with them kicking the ball out of Alissons hands.

I'm slowly adapting to the mindset of expecting us to play poorly and win. And I think I like it.

Big big fan considering we play well and don't win sometimes :D

The second half was genuinely pretty boss though, considering the lineup. I mean their goal was pretty well against the run of play - haven't watched it back at all yet but doesn't it come after a couple brilliant Hart saves? Then they score. We go alright, lets get back into this. And we do. Milner's goal is one of those ones that doesn't capture the camera flashes like a Salah stonker would, but it's a brilliant goal. Firmino's is easy in the end but brilliantly worked, and the BIG SHAQ (this is what myself and the wife text each other when he scores :D ) goal is sublime. Alisson out to Sturridge, who shows so much of the value he still has in playing that one on to Salah so beautifully. Salah does the same on to Shaqiri who makes up a bit for maybe not doing as well as we might have expected with his chance against Everton with a brilliant no fucks given finish.

So often in the past going a goal down at 53 on the clock in a tough away with lots of changes would have predicated a meltdown. Instead what we saw is a new quality this year: resilience. Doggedness. Determination. Belief. Belief being the one I'm loving over all else, because it felt like it was missing for so long.

Absolutely chuffed with that. Bring on the cherries.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #604: Dec 06, 2018 02:30:18 am
      It looked like Dyche said something JĆ¼rgen didn't like when the final whistle came, Klopp followed after him and there was some banter.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #605: Dec 06, 2018 02:40:10 am
      Naby played GREAT, so I certainly ainā€™t hating on the MOTM honors. For be it was between him and Mily. But.......

Milner amped it up in the second half scoring, nut megging, and creating corners. Than he does what he always does, he moves to another position for the betterment of the team and plays well at LB. I love that dude. Two goals from open play now

VVD is worth his weight and gold, so is Allison. Just pray Joe isnā€™t to screwed.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #606: Dec 06, 2018 03:11:19 am
      Only 3 less goals scored, thirteen less conceded, ten more points than the first 15 games last season with a points total that 9 times out of ten, in this league, would see you sitting on top.

Sometimes, when reading the forum, it's hard to believe that and I'd think we were languishing in mid table.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #607: Dec 06, 2018 04:52:48 am
      Second goal came from TAA yelling at Shaq to come short so he can roll it and then ping it in and the third goal came from Ali timing his leap to perfection, saving the ball and launching an inch perfect throw to the wing.

Love when little one percenters make a big difference. Particularly with Ali - Karius and especially Migs would be letting the ball go or holding on to that.

Chuffed with the result.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #608: Dec 06, 2018 06:22:19 am
      Another win another 3 points,what more could any RED want.And JĆ¼rgen didn't even run onto the pitch when we scored :laugh:.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #609: Dec 06, 2018 06:51:57 am
      Big big fan considering we play well and don't win sometimes :D

The second half was genuinely pretty boss though, considering the lineup. I mean their goal was pretty well against the run of play - haven't watched it back at all yet but doesn't it come after a couple brilliant Hart saves? Then they score. We go alright, lets get back into this. And we do. Milner's goal is one of those ones that doesn't capture the camera flashes like a Salah stonker would, but it's a brilliant goal. Firmino's is easy in the end but brilliantly worked, and the BIG SHAQ (this is what myself and the wife text each other when he scores :D ) goal is sublime. Alisson out to Sturridge, who shows so much of the value he still has in playing that one on to Salah so beautifully. Salah does the same on to Shaqiri who makes up a bit for maybe not doing as well as we might have expected with his chance against Everton with a brilliant no fucks given finish.

So often in the past going a goal down at 53 on the clock in a tough away with lots of changes would have predicated a meltdown. Instead what we saw is a new quality this year: resilience. Doggedness. Determination. Belief. Belief being the one I'm loving over all else, because it felt like it was missing for so long.

Absolutely chuffed with that. Bring on the cherries.

Completely echoes s my thoughts. First half was poor no doubt. Second half we were so much better both before and after their goal. We moved the ball much quicker, movement was much better and Studge and Origi played a lot closer to each other (which didnā€™t happen in the first half). We were well worth the victory and there was no panic after they took the lead.

This was a very important win for us. There was a lot of criticism at the number of changes but with the run of games we have and the Christmas period coming the manager had to make wholesale changes, particularly bearing in mind the energy levels that will be required for the Napoli game next Tuesday.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #610: Dec 06, 2018 07:09:17 am
      Difficult away game against battling opposition, also factor in playing a day later than City, and the added pressure that gives, knowing that there is no room for error.

Another important three points and distance between us and those below us.

Roll on Saturday.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #611: Dec 06, 2018 09:14:43 am
      Difficult away game against battling opposition, also factor in playing a day later than City, and the added pressure that gives, knowing that there is no room for error.

Another important three points and distance between us and those below us.

Roll on Saturday.

We win on sat and the pressure is on City.

Chelsea wont be rollovers like so many other teams before they even go on the pitch against City.

A real chance to put them under pressure for once.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #612: Dec 06, 2018 09:15:52 am
      We win on sat and the pressure is on City.

Chelsea wont be rollovers like so many other teams before they even go on the pitch against City.

A real chance to put them under pressure for once.

Yup and Chelsea with something to prove.

Itā€™s a top 6 club so Hazard might come outta hiding again.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #613: Dec 06, 2018 09:53:13 am
      Chelsea rest three players and got beat by Wolves, so says a lot about our boys we came from behind to win that with seven changes and an early injury.

Canā€™t stop watching highlights for some reason. Loved our goals but Keita receiving the ball and dribbling through the middle of the pitch got me even more excited. STAY FIT YOU BEAUTIFUL GUINEAN LITTLE NUGGET.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #614: Dec 06, 2018 10:01:22 am
      all the pundits have already given Chelsea the title haven't they but after last night and so far this season we have found ways to win sunday was the perfect example of never giving up. Loved seeing Kieta starting to look confident in the side and getting his fitness levels up. Just hope Joe is ok
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #615: Dec 06, 2018 10:10:40 am
      We played pretty well from about 30 minutes in. Started the 2nd very well. Their goal came against the run of play and the ref, who gave them a free pass to foul all night, missed a blatant push which turned over possession and led to their corner. But we kept our nerve and it was a good performance against a very physical team.

Gave Virgil MOTM - just outstanding again, some lovely passes as well his defending. Keita played well, so did Milner, Trent and Alisson. Studge and Origi did ok - Origi better when he came more central in the 2nd half. Good to see Bobby getting a goal - bit of a confidence booster will do him no harm. I would use him from the bench again on Saturday, and then start him against Napoli.

Only negative is Joe getting injured. Been so good this season, hopefully the shortest of layoffs for him.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #616: Dec 06, 2018 11:23:50 am
      Loved our goals but Keita receiving the ball and dribbling through the middle of the pitch got me even more excited. STAY FIT YOU BEAUTIFUL GUINEAN LITTLE NUGGET.
      That's the formula that will unleash LFC's forwards. Now if Keita would only make the pass when the winger has space.
      LFC was at its best when OX charged through the ranks and forced defenders to key on him. Remember all the fast break goals. Let it be Keita. Let it be Fabinho. We know it won't be One-touch/back pass Henderson.
      A middie with ambition will open up the field

On another note.....I'm seeing too much Brendon Rodgers style ball control with the back line and Allison playing keep away. Can't score from 70 meters away.

Since when can forwards kick a ball from a goalie's grasp....even a loose grasp?

I don't get the yellow card rules. On Saturday normal tackles drew yellow cards. Last night, Burnley was sliding at and through ball possessors often ending up 5 meters past after taking out the LFC players like bowling pins.....crickets.

A glass half full thought.....96 minutes of gripping tension on Saturday, and 60+ minutes yesterday. These games have been great theater ...though I'm sure I wouldn't be typing this with a draw result or a loss.
      MNC's early game goal dominations are boring and fascist....who wants that?  :)
      « Last Edit: Dec 06, 2018 11:32:34 am by Borg »
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #617: Dec 06, 2018 11:29:08 am
      Missed the match due to circs beyond.

But saw MOTD and Keita looked brilliant. So strong looking in possession. Only a matter of time before he scores a so called Worldie.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #618: Dec 06, 2018 12:15:07 pm
      Only 3 less goals scored, thirteen less conceded, ten more points than the first 15 games last season with a points total that 9 times out of ten, in this league, would see you sitting on top.

Sometimes, when reading the forum, it's hard to believe that and I'd think we were languishing in mid table.
      Your selectivity is noted.
      Anxiety levels have been heightened in large part due to that other league LFC is a part of this year...the league where LFC has 3 losses in 5 matches managing one goal in those losses.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #619: Dec 06, 2018 12:19:07 pm
      Your selectivity is noted.
      Anxiety levels have been heightened in large part due to that other league LFC is a part of this year...the league where LFC has 3 losses in 5 matches managing one goal in those losses.

Itā€™s not selectivity when heā€™s clearly talking about ā€œthe leagueā€ form.

UCL away form IS gash mind.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #620: Dec 06, 2018 12:32:27 pm
      Another 3 points in the bag from a tough away fixture.

We go again.

Quick Reply