December News Stories

Read 412 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,342 posts | 710 
      December News Stories
      Dec 11, 2018 03:28:47 pm
      These are supposed to be the best trained cops in america,https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nypd-brooklyn-mother-baby_us_5c0e7d3fe4b08bcb27eaa254.The whole thing is so fu**ed up.
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2018 03:31:55 pm by racerx34 »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,751 posts | 3302 
      Re: December News Stories
      Reply #1: Dec 11, 2018 03:56:24 pm

Holy sh*t!!
      The good thing about it is (if there is any saving grace), they didn't shoot her or the baby.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #2: Dec 11, 2018 04:17:02 pm
      I wanted to move to the States in my early teens, believed in the American dream and all that, I look at the States now & think what has it become..

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,342 posts | 710 
      Reply #3: Dec 11, 2018 04:32:15 pm
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #4: Dec 11, 2018 05:26:31 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,342 posts | 710 
      Reply #5: Dec 14, 2018 11:20:57 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,342 posts | 710 
      Reply #6: Dec 19, 2018 05:04:07 pm
      Looks like the Kurds are gonna get fu**ed again.https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-46623617.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,999 posts | 599 
      Reply #7: Dec 21, 2018 11:43:34 am
      "Mad Dog" Mattis has resigned in protest to Trump pulling out of Syria. Russia welcomes the move - I bet they do.

Tories have cleared half head  Boris Johnson describing Johnson's remarks calling Muslim women who wear Burkas "Letter boxes" and " Bank robbers"....as...wait for it...wait for it...." respectful and Tolerant"....haa..ha ha..absolute bollocks..
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #8: Dec 21, 2018 04:05:40 pm
      "Mad Dog" Mattis has resigned in protest to Trump pulling out of Syria. Russia welcomes the move - I bet they do.

Tories have cleared half head  Boris Johnson describing Johnson's remarks calling Muslim women who wear Burkas "Letter boxes" and " Bank robbers"....as...wait for it...wait for it...." respectful and Tolerant"....haa..ha ha..absolute bollocks..
      so if Johnson can say it does that mean everybody can?
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,847 posts | 2278 
      Reply #9: Dec 21, 2018 04:13:23 pm

They do look like letter boxes though, or do you not think so? I agree it is a bit offensive but then I find it offensive that Woman are ordered by a religion to walk around covered up head to foot.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #10: Dec 21, 2018 04:26:47 pm
      They do look like letter boxes though, or do you not think so? I agree it is a bit offensive but then I find it offensive that Woman are ordered by a religion to walk around covered up head to foot.

I find it offensive than men can’t respect the wishes of women who choose to wear such garments...I suppose when your trying to win votes, going after the easy target may gain you support from such quarters..

& no they f**king don’t look like letter boxes, you ignorant person.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #11: Dec 21, 2018 04:49:11 pm
      Some countries, including Muslim majority countries have banned the burka. It's not banned in UK right now. It's an optional part of the religion but I do think the legality of it should be reviewed. There are specific security concerns. Hospitals have banned them in some roles to ensure people don't falsely impersonate a doctor for example and it's impossible to think of everything that could cause a concern for security. People aren't targeting the Burqa, it's any item that covers the face and there are a lot of Muslims who are against the Burqa. Some non Muslim fugitives could even pose in such clothes to avoid being detected. Johnson's comments were insensitive but I don't think anybody should be able to wear whatever they want, several people in other countries have been jailed for wearing too little, when here it's seen as acceptable. We are more tolerant as a nation in general to other cultures. The rules regarding religious clothing were before security concerns got like they are now, the laws should be in line with risks. Why should innocent people be at risk just to accommodate other people's ways?
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2018 04:53:15 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,570 posts | 2581 
      Reply #12: Dec 21, 2018 05:22:24 pm
      That the burka is a topic of debate regarding security (let’s ban hats, glasses and beards eh?) or open to the blatantly bigoted malevolence of Johnson only shows how successful the insidious poison spread by Farage and cronies are.

Sometimes sections of this island really f***in’ depress me.

Utterly paranoid about those who are different = bigotry / racist. If you recognise that on yourself - call it or shut the f**k up you’re just polluting the environment more criminally that any fossil fuel.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2018 05:58:23 pm by Scotia »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,751 posts | 3302 
      Reply #13: Dec 21, 2018 05:25:28 pm
      Where has the post gone commenting on the ridiculous way Sharia women are forced to dress?
      The religious attire is banned in some countries in Europe because it is a security risk and the subject has come up for scrutiny in this country.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #14: Dec 21, 2018 05:30:37 pm
      Where has the post gone commenting on the ridiculous way Sharia women are forced to dress?
      The religious attire is banned in some countries in Europe because it is a security risk and the subject has come up for scrutiny in this country.

Sharia women?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #15: Dec 21, 2018 06:00:04 pm
      That the burka is a topic of debate regarding security (let’s ban hats, glasses and beards eh?) or open to the blatantly bigoted ignorance of Johnson only shows how successful the insidious poison spread by Farage and cronies are.

Sometimes sections of this island really f***in’ depress me.

Utterly paranoid about those who are different = bigotry / racist. If you recognise that on yourself - call it or shut the f**k up you’re just polluting the environment more criminally that any fossil fuel.
      Scotia, the items you listed aren't fully face covering. There's nothing racist about wanting to know who you are walking past on broad daylight. Burqa is banned in below;

Austria, Denmark, France, Belgium, Tajikistan, Latvia, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Chad, Congo-Brazzaville, Gabon, Netherlands, China and Morocco.

Are you calling these countries institutionally racist? They obviously have people accessing the situation in more detail than Scotia of the LFCreds forum who has a potty mouth. Who are you to take people freedom to have an opinion away that it's a security concern? It's not paranoia at all if governments in multiple nations had to act.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,570 posts | 2581 
      Reply #16: Dec 21, 2018 06:03:01 pm
      Scotia, the items you listed aren't fully face covering. There's nothing racist about wanting to know who you are walking past on broad daylight. Burqa is banned in below;

Austria, Denmark, France, Belgium, Tajikistan, Latvia, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Chad, Congo-Brazzaville, Gabon, Netherlands, China and Morocco.

Are you calling these countries institutionally racist? They obviously have people accessing the situation in more detail than Scotia of the LFCreds forum who has a potty mouth.

It is and they are either have racist / bigotry issues or are authoritarian.

Google that - none are good.

Not looking to derail another thread Ribs by debating something you patently don’t understand - like football - so regrettably I’m putting you back on ignore.

Good luck to you. We just can’t get along.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #17: Dec 21, 2018 06:05:01 pm
      It is and they are either have racist / bigotry issues or are authoritarian.

Google that - none are good.
      Bigot is the belief they are better or know better than everybody else, this is you believing over a dozen countries are racist.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,475 posts | 2784 
      Reply #18: Dec 21, 2018 06:13:33 pm

I know.   :roll:

Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but the Burqa is more cultural than religious, as is the headscarf.
      I can't remember anything in the Koran that says they are compulsory, although if I remember correctly there is a kind of rule about "dressing modestly" which interestingly is also part of the veneration of the Virgin Mary.
      There are plenty of cultures in Judaism and Christianity where women wear headscarfs as well.

A free society means women, and men, dressing however they want, as long as it's within the law.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #19: Dec 21, 2018 06:16:36 pm

Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but the Burqa is more cultural than religious, as is the headscarf.
      I can't remember anything in the Koran that says they are compulsory, although if I remember correctly there is a kind of rule about "dressing modestly" which interestingly is also part of the veneration of the Virgin Mary.
      There are plenty of cultures in Judaism and Christianity where women wear headscarfs as well.

A free society means women, and men, dressing however they want, as long as it's within the law.
      i fully agree with this, whatever laws are set should be respected and countries where it is illegal to wear gear that covers face are concerned about security, that's not racism.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,570 posts | 2581 
      Reply #20: Dec 21, 2018 06:17:21 pm

And any rejection of that mate panders to racism, bigotry or belies authoritarianism.

Rejection of something because your afraid of it IS the root of almost all prejudice.

It’s not that hard to understand.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,475 posts | 2784 
      Reply #21: Dec 21, 2018 06:22:15 pm
      And any rejection of that mate panders to racism, bigotry or belies authoritarianism.

Rejection of something because your afraid of it IS the root of almost all prejudice.

It’s not that hard to understand.

Indeed.
      In places where the government dictates how people dress, there is clearly something wrong with the law, not the people who dress a particular way.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #22: Dec 21, 2018 06:24:26 pm
      Indeed.
      In places where the government dictates how people dress, there is clearly something wrong with the law, not the people who dress a particular way.
      What about where westerners have been prosecuted for wearing items in some Asian countries that are acceptable to wear in UK then?
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2018 06:56:51 pm by Ribapuru »
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #23: Dec 21, 2018 06:27:44 pm

Spot on mate..

In the Old Testament it clearly states women should cover their hair and dress modestly..

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,475 posts | 2784 
      Reply #24: Dec 21, 2018 06:32:19 pm
      Spot on mate..

In the Old Testament it clearly states women should cover their hair and dress modestly..

Thank f**k my memory is working today.

I shall solve that later with wine.

Quick Reply