Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM Liverpool v Napoli

Alisson
      55 (43%)
      Alexander Arnold
      1 (0.8%)
      Matip
      3 (2.3%)
      van Dijk
      19 (14.8%)
      Robertson
      13 (10.2%)
      Milner
      3 (2.3%)
      Henderson
      16 (12.5%)
      Wijnaldum
      5 (3.9%)
      Mane
      0 (0%)
      Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Salah
      12 (9.4%)
      Keita
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Lovren
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 127

Voting closed: Dec 12, 2018 10:11:57 pm

Liverpool 1:0 SSC Napoli: In game and post match discussion.

Read 25235 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Liverpool 1:0 SSC Napoli: In game and post match discussion.
      Reply #874: Dec 12, 2018 01:52:33 pm

Why am I bawling my eyes out after seeing this? I am going mental in my old age. I swear.
      Brilliant post and vid. Thanks.
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2018 03:40:50 pm by Robby The Z »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #875: Dec 12, 2018 01:56:24 pm
      That last minute save by Alisson took me back to Istanbul when Dudek denied Shevchenko...
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #876: Dec 12, 2018 02:26:52 pm
      That last minute save by Alisson took me back to Istanbul when Dudek denied Shevchenko...

Yeah so many memories from our glories past. Trophy rooms bunged out with fantastic memories....feel a bit for Everton and their Trophy shoebox.....size 2..
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #877: Dec 12, 2018 02:35:29 pm
      Yeah so many memories from our glories past. Trophy rooms bunged out with fantastic memories....feel a bit for Everton and their Trophy shoebox.....size 2..

Richarlison......" Er...what iz dis box..on the shelf..."

Kenwright...." ah...well that's..er..our Trophy box..lets move on.."

Richarlison..." There iz only 2 medals in it...and one of them iz rusty...what iza going on.."
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #878: Dec 12, 2018 02:42:21 pm
      Richarlison......" Er...what iz dis box..on the shelf..."

Kenwright...." ah...well that's..er..our Trophy box..lets move on.."

Richarlison..." There iz only 2 medals in it...and one of them iz rusty...what iza going on.."

Richarlison's a Geordie?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #879: Dec 12, 2018 04:10:42 pm
      Alisson MOTM with Salah and VVD close to him. To be honest, everyone has performed excellently par Mane in the sense that his shooting boots were left at home.

Henderson, Gini and Milner bossed the midfield. Trent and Robertson were excellent (only occasion did Robby lost the possession.)

Keep it up guys!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #880: Dec 12, 2018 04:42:59 pm
      Wonderful result but we must get better at finishing our chances, we won't always have that many good chances to score in a match, Ideally I'd love to get another top striker into the team to provide some competition because I think our front three are a bit too comfortable at times.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #881: Dec 12, 2018 04:59:16 pm
      Only just saw the last minute back. No wonder Matips gone for scans. Totally missed Koulibaly flattening him in the last minute. Seemed to land totally on his shoulder. Hope not a bad one- didnā€™t look good.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #882: Dec 12, 2018 05:02:45 pm
      Only just saw the last minute back. No wonder Matips gone for scans. Totally missed Koulibaly flattening him in the last minute. Seemed to land totally on his shoulder. Hope not a bad one- didnā€™t look good.

Anddddddddd there we go. Surgery on his collarbone. Ffs.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #883: Dec 12, 2018 05:57:52 pm

Bet it took Ancelotti back too.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #884: Dec 12, 2018 06:51:42 pm
      Anyone else wake up this morning desperately trying to figure out what F***ing day it was! F***ing good celebration session :ernaehrung004:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #885: Dec 12, 2018 07:22:25 pm
      Anyone else wake up this morning desperately trying to figure out what f**king day it was! f**king good celebration session :ernaehrung004:

I actually woke up with Alisson in my mind and that save :D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #886: Dec 12, 2018 07:31:59 pm
      Quote from stuey
      All well and good singing the praises of VAR but what the F**k happened with VVD getting carded for a tackle where he clearly contacted the ball first and the opposing player goes down like he's been F***ing shot?
      Virgil now misses the next game with no help from VAR.

There would be no help from VAR either. It's not a penalty, not a goal, not mistaken identity. It is however, a straight dismissal if he makes no contact with the ball at all, and the standard punishment that goes with it. Yellows are not rescinded by VAR unless it's mistaken identity.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #887: Dec 12, 2018 07:44:35 pm
      There would be no help from VAR either. It's not a penalty, not a goal, not mistaken identity. It is however, a straight dismissal if he makes no contact with the ball at all, and the standard punishment that goes with it. Yellows are not rescinded by VAR unless it's mistaken identity.

ā€If he makes no contact with the ballā€

But he did make contact with the ball, plenty of contact with the ball and got the ball first. If he didnā€™t get the ball then weā€™d be talking about an entirely different situation.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #888: Dec 12, 2018 07:47:51 pm
      ā€If he makes no contact with the ballā€

But he did make contact with the ball, plenty of contact with the ball and got the ball first. If he didnā€™t get the ball then weā€™d be talking about an entirely different situation.

He did get the ball but then the follow through unfortunately caught the player - I donā€™t see VAR overturning the card because of the follow through being slightly dangerous and itā€™s up to VVD to ensure itā€™s not dangerous

Itā€™s a foul and then you would expect 50% of refs would give the yellow card
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #889: Dec 12, 2018 07:53:50 pm
      Good feeling waking up and knowing we're still kicking on in the CL!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #890: Dec 12, 2018 08:01:55 pm
      He did get the ball but then the follow through unfortunately caught the player - I donā€™t see VAR overturning the card because of the follow through being slightly dangerous and itā€™s up to VVD to ensure itā€™s not dangerous

Itā€™s a foul and then you would expect 50% of refs would give the yellow card

I donā€™t see it being overturned but I donā€™t agree it merited a card.

Itā€™s not really any different from clearing the ball and following through to catch the studs of s player blocking and - in that scenario - the foul (if given) generally goes to the player clearing.....but whatā€™s really the difference?

When I coached Iā€™d always ask the ref to say to the boys what constituted a high foot - 99% of the time they say ā€œover the ballā€. Iā€™d then ask them to stick to it in event of a challenge like that and a follow through. The players have to be able to challenge at a reasonable height without having to consider where the other guyā€™s ends up after the challenge.

I get peopleā€™s acceptance ā€œitā€™s the way it is nowā€ but itā€™s still not an accurate interpretation of the rules in my opinion. He wins the ball at a reasonable height (less than half a ball)  and not out of control.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #891: Dec 12, 2018 09:30:20 pm
      Incredible effort by LFC.......non-stop press and incredible work rate turned Napoli into jelly. For the life of me, I didn't  understand Napoli's tactics considering their tie breaker advantage. Why go end to end with Liverpool? I have never seen so much open space which allowed LFC to dazzle. I would have rated the win 10/10 if not for Mane's confounding efforts in front of net. And Robertson showed some frazzle as well. 8.5/10 !!!!

OT: At the end of the season, it will be possible to monetize Allison's worth. Just yesterday he sealed 2.7 mill Euros preserving the win and 9.5 mill Euros for the Knock out round
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #892: Dec 12, 2018 09:33:14 pm
      That referee last night was a joke, he is the epitome of UEFA,FIFA turning the game into a non contact sport, any challenge he deemed dangerous he blew up,
      Even the slightest of touches and he blew, i remember one in particular in the 1st half Bobby won the ball fair and square but that f***in ref called foul,

He has to be the worse ref i have seen for yrs, it was ridiculous and sadly there are more like him, we're a long way off yet but it's the beginning of the end of tackling in the game we all love as we know it.

I thought Virgil's tackle was brilliant,  ok he caught the fella in the follow through but there was no intention to harm, now had that Fuckstick of a ref had ever played the game he would have recognised that as a bona fide tackle and not booked Virgil,  but no, he played it from the refs handbook and deemed it a bad tackle and therefore dangerous,  without a seconds thought to common sense, exactly how UEFA want to control the game, neither referees nor UEFA officials have never played football professionally so the don't fully understand/ appreciate the art of tackling,  and that sadly is part of the problem and always has been.

YNWA
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #893: Dec 12, 2018 09:33:23 pm
      Incredible effort by LFC.......non-stop press and incredible work rate turned Napoli into jelly. For the life of me, I didn't  understand Napoli's tactics considering their tie breaker advantage. Why go end to end with Liverpool? I have never seen so much open space which allowed LFC to dazzle. I would have rated the win 10/10 if not for Mane's confounding efforts in front of net. And Robertson showed some frazzle as well. 8.5/10 !!!!

OT: At the end of the season, it will be possible to monetize Allison's worth. Just yesterday he sealed 2.7 mill Euros preserving the win and 9.5 mill Euros for the Knock out round

Thanks USA Soccer Guy
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #894: Dec 12, 2018 10:21:56 pm
      Simple enough for me regarding VVD's tackle.

In the prem, it's probably a foul, depending on the ref, but not a yellow.

In Europe, it's a yellow all day long.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #895: Dec 13, 2018 04:31:41 am
      Absolutely still F***ing buzzing.

What a performance

That Dries Martins bloke can F**k off and take Insigne and Hamsik with him.

They can leave that Koubabily guy behind, we need cover in the CB positions for the next 6 weeks.  ;)

Just before the start of the game it was mentioned that that Ref had previously Reffed us in 4 games and we had lost all 4, so rightfully I was shitting myself and that Ref turned out to be one of the most corrupt Refs I have ever seen. Didn't give us sh*t and looked to give us a yellow card at every chance. motherfucker!!

Anyways, I'm over the moon...into the last 16 and on top of the League. What a great Christmas present.

Oh...my MOTM was Andy Robertson, what an engine he has on him, like an Ever Ready Battery. Special mention to Mo as well who caused them all sorts of probs.

Get the F**k in lads!!!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #896: Dec 13, 2018 04:47:50 am
      How is the yellow card still a debate?

Itā€™s a yellow whether youā€™re playing in England or the UCL.

It doesnā€™t matter that he got the ball. He followed through with his studs showing and was given a card.

Quick Reply