Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Mark Lawrenson

Read 3457 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,071 posts | 2748 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Mark Lawrenson
      Dec 09, 2007 12:39:45 am
      is a complete w**ker

Anyone agree?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Re: Mark Lawrenson
      Reply #1: Dec 09, 2007 02:13:53 am
      Not a complete w**ker.

I'd probably stretch to tosser.

Was a great player though.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #2: Dec 09, 2007 04:18:08 pm
      Was a good player but for some reason is very anti Liverpool in some of his retoric. Also some of his comments while with motty lately have been very andy greyish and I have sometimes been left wondering if he is actually watching the same F***ing match I am. Problem with the guy is he thinks he is cleverer than what he actually is which makes him really annoying.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Dec 09, 2007 05:20:29 pm
      I wouldn't say he's a complete w**ker. I wouldn't say he's a loyal ex red either. Comes out with some rubbish.

Don't take much notice of him anymore. Has he said something to upset you Bri? Shall we send KoolKidda round?
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Dec 09, 2007 05:22:25 pm

Bit drastic don't you think?  :D

Sometimes he's got something useful to say, sometimes he hasn't.  But he's not afraid to say what he thinks.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,071 posts | 2748 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5: Dec 09, 2007 08:10:52 pm
      Dont get me wrong I dont expect our ex players or anyone else to suck up to us or to say were great but he thrives on putting us down. Here in Ireland he works for a radio station so I here his comments a fair bit and its almost like he thrives on putting us down. Agreed he was a top player but F**k me have some respect for the club that made you man dont seem so happy to run them down. As far as im concerned Mark Laweenson - Liverpool = Mark laweresnso =0. Dont forget who made ye lad
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4897 
      Reply #6: Dec 09, 2007 10:35:34 pm
      I think some ex players go out of their way to criticise former clubs just to appear neutral and Lawernson has been guilty of this over the last few years. I also posted in another thread that many pundits these days seem to go with the flow and agree with what the rest of the media are saying rather than having an opinion of their own and I think he was guilty of this with his attack on Rafa's rotation policy.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #7: Dec 09, 2007 10:51:03 pm
      I loved him as a player, but have frowned upon many of his comments as a pundit.
      Maybe it's a sign of him saying - hey, I know Liverpool, and your better than that, or just maybe he's trying to make a name of himself as a pundit.

What I do find worrying as a supporter, and him looking after himself only, was last season in the FA Cup v's Arsenal.
      It was the match where us supporters made a stance against Kelvin Mackenzie ( total cock & fuckwit ) and the BBC in the Justice stance.
      Here we sang for a full 6 minutes into the game, singing 'Justice for the 96', and to there credit (respect to all there supporters present) Arsenal fans applauded all the efforts of the protest, but it wasn't till after, when I found out that Lawrenson was a commentator on this match and not once mentioned this protest, during or after !!.

I know he has to be impartial, but please, surely that would of said something to him.

Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #8: Dec 10, 2007 09:52:22 am
      I don't know if it is because he is one of our ex players he feels the need to appear anti LFC so as not to be accused of any biase but frankly a more inept commentator i have yet to come across, he makes Ian Darke look good when he does games for Sky, and Darke is their main boxing pundit!
      During the England game with Croatia he and Motty turned the commentary into a Monty Python sketch as they blundered around trying to say something more interesting than "do you know Mark Croatia's main produce is boats and ships!" also at one point Motty is heard pleading with Lawro to say something as he had been stunned into silence by Croatia scoring again.
      Lawrensons latest little "nibble" at reds fans could be read in Saturday's papers as he preceded to wax lyrically about Moyes being the best "pound for pound" manager in the premiership due to his knack of turning crappy players into slightly less crappy players, now whilst this may be true of Moyes why pick him and not Harry Redknap for instance? am i being paranoid? i don't know but i know there aren't many ex reds who i just cant be doing with.

Quick Reply