Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who is going to win?

The Hitman Hatton
      18 (100%)
      Pretty Boy Mayweather
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Ricky Hatton V's Floyd Mayweather

Read 29425 times
      Istvan Kozma
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 165 posts | 31 
      Re: Ricky Hatton V's Floyd Mayweather
      Reply #23: Dec 06, 2007 12:37:02 pm
      I'm a big boxing fan and can't wait for this one. I feel Mayweather is seriously under estimating Hatton and this is going to be another big night for British boxing. Also Amir Kahn and Graham Earl are fighting on the same night on ITV. This is also going to be a great match and I'm going for Kahn to knock Earl out in the middle rounds.

Mayweather prepares in the same way for every opponent.  Yes he participated on The American Strictly Come Dancing, but he is professional when it comes to preparation.  Hatton is unlike anyone he has ever fought before, therefore, underestimating him would be an obvious and stupid mistake.  I think that Mayweather may give the impression that he's not taking the threat of Hatton seriously, but come fight time he will be taking him 100% seriously.  How Mayweather acts during the build up is all part of his image, and this is how he has 'acted' throughout his career.  Although there have been times when Mayweather has looked ordinary e.g. spells in the fight against De La Hoya, and when decisioning Castillo, the simple truth is that he is far from ordinary and does have the tools to make Hatton look very ordinary.  In my opinion, Hatton has to work for practically every minute of every round (much as he did against Kostya Tszyu), and plan for a knock out, as Mayweather will pepper him with punches when he's getting inside, and as such, he look to be nicking the rounds.  Hatton has to look for the big stoppage in my opinion.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #24: Dec 06, 2007 12:43:11 pm
      Mayweather prepares in the same way for every opponent.  Yes he participated on The American Strictly Come Dancing, but he is professional when it comes to preparation.  Hatton is unlike anyone he has ever fought before, therefore, underestimating him would be an obvious and stupid mistake.  I think that Mayweather may give the impression that he's not taking the threat of Hatton seriously, but come fight time he will be taking him 100% seriously.  How Mayweather acts during the build up is all part of his image, and this is how he has 'acted' throughout his career.  Although there have been times when Mayweather has looked ordinary e.g. spells in the fight against De La Hoya, and when decisioning Castillo, the simple truth is that he is far from ordinary and does have the tools to make Hatton look very ordinary.  In my opinion, Hatton has to work for practically every minute of every round (much as he did against Kostya Tszyu), and plan for a knock out, as Mayweather will pepper him with punches when he's getting inside, and as such, he look to be nicking the rounds.  Hatton has to look for the big stoppage in my opinion.

I genuinely think he's got it in him! I think Mayweather will be trying to pull Hatton into throwing air-punches and tiring him out but I think Mayweather will get caught out and won't have the opportunity to think as much as he'd like!

Hatton's approaching this in similar fashion to the Tzyu fight, and I can see a big upset for Mayweather!

One thing I do like is that Hatton wants all the critics to back Mayweather, just to make it even better when he wins! 8)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: Dec 06, 2007 02:58:36 pm
      Hmm. I think Hatton may win, just beacuse Mayweather is being so cocky. But I hope Mayweather wins.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #26: Dec 06, 2007 05:54:51 pm
      Hmm. I think Hatton may win, just beacuse Mayweather is being so cocky. But I hope Mayweather wins.
      Why the hell do you want him to win?!

Come on Ricky knock this tw*t to the floor!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #27: Dec 06, 2007 05:58:58 pm

??? ???
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #28: Dec 06, 2007 11:14:43 pm
      Why do you want Mayweather to win Nic?

Can't wait for this fight now. Thought I was out on the Saturday but I'm out on the Friday, so I can watch it!!  ;D
      Seen the press conference on the news a few times and the reaction from Mayweather has been calmer than usual but still has that arrogance. But Hatton still seems his calm self. Although the cut throat gesture could have been avoided.  :D
      « Last Edit: Dec 06, 2007 11:20:11 pm by redkenny »
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #29: Dec 06, 2007 11:49:22 pm
      I been watching the build up, Hatton looks on proper form, hes proper hungry for it, he even said all his other fights mean nothing if he gets beat, thats a big arse statement!

Also Mayweather has hurt his hand! Bonus for us :)

Becks is going to be ringside! even tho the spice girls have got a gig the same night!! hes got the right idea!! :D

I cant wait now, dont know what in going to do to stay awake till 4 in the morning tho!

any ideas? drinking wont work for me, i will just fall akip!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #30: Dec 06, 2007 11:56:04 pm
      I been watching the build up, Hatton looks on proper form, hes proper hungry for it, he even said all his other fights mean nothing if he gets beat, thats a big arse statement!

Also Mayweather has hurt his hand! Bonus for us :)

Becks is going to be ringside! even tho the spice girls have got a gig the same night!! hes got the right idea!! :D

I cant wait now, dont know what in going to do to stay awake till 4 in the morning tho!

any ideas? drinking wont work for me, I will just fall akip!

I'm not surprised if Mayweather has hurt his hand. He was a tosser for wearing that manc shirt....

What about vodka and red bull Stella? Get drunk and stay awake!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #31: Dec 07, 2007 12:01:28 am
      What is the actul fight time Kenny? I have to work Sunday and am in two minds whether to pay for the fight if I might miss it, even though I'm dying to see Ricky knock this guy out.
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #32: Dec 07, 2007 12:05:00 am
      I'm not surprised if Mayweather has hurt his hand. He was a tosser for wearing that manc shirt....

What about vodka and red bull Stella? Get drunk and stay awake!

Thats just Mayweather thinking its going to get to Ricky, he must not know him that well to think that he would be bothered by something so petty! Maybe hes been to busy dancing to get to know the man he's about to box!

Yeah vodbull sounds like a good idea! even though i dont normally drink it! Thanks :)

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #33: Dec 07, 2007 12:20:37 am
      What is the actul fight time Kenny? I have to work Sunday and am in two minds whether to pay for the fight if I might miss it, even though I'm dying to see Ricky knock this guy out.

The official coverage for their fight starts at 3:45am mate. But as Stella says the fight will most likely start after 4am. What time you in work?

As for the vodbull Stella, don't drink it too early! You'll be wasted if you don't usually drink it.  ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #34: Dec 07, 2007 12:24:42 am

Not till 1PM but if I say up too late I can never get to sleep so that means I'll be up all night.

By the way Amir Kahn fights Graham Earl on ITV earlier in the night. This should also be a cracking fight for any boxing fans.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #35: Dec 07, 2007 12:25:21 am
      So from over here in the US its nuts! Hatton fever is massive.....having a party at mine in LA to watch the Brit do it for us! FM looked nervous when confronted by all the Hatton fans today....its fantastic....hoping its all done by the 7th but feel that it will be a case of settling in for a long night, plenty of beers, heart in mouth and a hatton points victory...

Alot of press has gone on about FM being a tool but he is a smart boxer aware of how to bring the punters in. Not actually a bad guy.....does a lot behind the scenes for charity and is a family man. But Ricky is the dog's! Gonna be a classic.

For you lot back home....the fight ain't on till at least 4 or 5am your time.....so keep a steady pace!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #36: Dec 07, 2007 12:33:27 am
      For you lot back home....the fight ain't on till at least 4 or 5am your time.....so keep a steady pace!

I know you like to take the piss mate but that's going a bit too far.  ;D

Thanks for the insight from the States. How many you got going over to yours for the party Lester?

Not till 1PM but if I say up too late I can never get to sleep so that means I'll be up all night.

By the way Amir Kahn fights Graham Earl on ITV earlier in the night. This should also be a cracking fight for any boxing fans.

Yeah, remember you saying about the Kahn fight mate. Will be watching that. As for the Hatton fight, surely you could be asleep by about half six? Five an a half hours kip then an hour to get to work? Go on!!
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #37: Dec 07, 2007 12:35:20 am
      The official coverage for their fight starts at 3:45am mate. But as Stella says the fight will most likely start after 4am. What time you in work?

As for the vodbull Stella, don't drink it too early! You'll be wasted if you don't usually drink it.  ;)

Yeah your right :( Voddy is the only drink i dont really get on with, maybe i will have to have malibu and redbull! nice!!
      Im sure the fight build up and other fights will keep me alive! hopefully!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #38: Dec 07, 2007 12:36:12 am
      As for the Hatton fight, surely you could be asleep by about half six? Five an a half hours kip then an hour to get to work? Go on!!

Probably could mate. I'm just being a big girl about it. ( sorry to all the ladies on the forum!!)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #39: Dec 07, 2007 12:44:30 am
      A little gathering of 8 or so....the Liverpool flag has come down for the weekend and the English flag has been raised.....JUST for the weekend.

The americans never know what to make of the Brit invasion for Hatton....they have no idea of true overwhelming passion that doesn't end up in airstrikes or invasions! We are patriotic but they are mindless jingoistic warmongers......think I've watched too many Presidential debates recently....
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #40: Dec 07, 2007 12:47:14 am
       :D Watch the fight srs. You'll be alright for work mate.

Stella, good luck with your new concoction! Let us know how you get on.  ;)

Good lad Lester!! Keep that Liverpool flag up and take no notice to the presidential debates!  :D
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #41: Dec 07, 2007 12:48:40 am
      A little gathering of 8 or so....the Liverpool flag has come down for the weekend and the English flag has been raised.....JUST for the weekend.

The americans never know what to make of the Brit invasion for Hatton....they have no idea of true overwhelming passion that doesn't end up in airstrikes or invasions! We are patriotic but they are mindless jingoistic warmongers......think I've watched too many Presidential debates recently....

Here Here! us brits have alot of heart thats for sure!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #42: Dec 07, 2007 12:51:39 am
      good call RK but these peeps are nutters! So looking forward to saturday....get up early for the Liverpool game and then get a BBQ on and prepare the stomach for the Hatton magic......might be a night ending up with a drunken streak down the boulevards brandishing the St. George's flag!! 'Who wants some!'
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #43: Dec 07, 2007 12:54:31 am
      Will do Kenny, should be tasty! hopefully!

Srs, just pull a sicky mate, has to be done really!

Lester, remeber to take pics! :)
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #44: Dec 07, 2007 12:55:55 am
      Tom Jones doing the anthem at the fight!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #45: Dec 07, 2007 01:00:50 am
      Tom Jones?! Thats fantastic....my chest is all ready pounding with pride.....all we need now is Big Daddy to don the old spandex and carry in the flag! Wait....is he dead? If so then get Martin Johnson or Daniel Craig....COME ON RICKY!!!!

Quick Reply