Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who is going to win?

The Hitman Hatton
      18 (100%)
      Pretty Boy Mayweather
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Ricky Hatton V's Floyd Mayweather

Read 29564 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Ricky Hatton V's Floyd Mayweather
      Reply #46: Dec 07, 2007 01:12:56 am
      Why do boxers have to square up to each other and get up close and personal, they look so daft, it's all very silly really but I hope Ricky wins, I Will not be staying up to watch it, I value my beauty sleep to much, and as I will have been out on the razz anyway, there's no way I could manage to stay awake till 4am.

I'll just wait till the next day, cos it's not going to change anything is it :lmao:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #47: Dec 07, 2007 01:20:19 am
      Thats like saying it was right to turn off the old goggle box at half time during the 2005 Champ. league final?! You know as we all do that just being there or watching sends our idols all the positivity in the world....I for one know that I single handedly helped liverpool beat everton in 86 because of my mindpowers....
      crabbers
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #48: Dec 07, 2007 08:52:54 am
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #49: Dec 07, 2007 08:55:03 am
      Tad harsh but good for them in the end.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #50: Dec 07, 2007 04:03:04 pm
      Yeah your right :( Voddy is the only drink I dont really get on with, maybe I will have to have malibu and redbull! nice!!

Vodka ain't my mate either! I usually have Jack Daniels and Red Bull (Jumping Jack Flash, it's gorgeous as well!) Should try that! ;)

I'm hearing lots of good things from my mates, one just dropped his crate off for tomorrow night! I'm going to take it easy while I'm out before it, want to keep alert and not fall asleep at half 3 like last time! ;)

Hatton's talking a good talk before this fight! The Oliver Holt article in the Mirror has really got me going for this fight, especially with Bernard 'The Executioner' Hopkins backing  Hatton! My favourite bit is this however!....

The fight protagonists were all having their say. Roger Mayweather, Floyd Junior's uncle and trainer, had gone on and on. And on and on.

Some of it was interesting. Some of it wasn't. All of it was long-winded and spoken in a drawl.

Ricky Hatton was next up at the podium. He didn't waste any time.

"I'd like to thank Roger," he said, "for making the winter shorter."

His timing was beautiful. Even Mayweather's people laughed.

Moments later, Hatton had rattled the Pretty Boy by drawing his finger across his throat at the end of a prolonged faceoff and his day's work was complete.

Full article
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/2007/12/07/hopkins-backs-hatton-89520-20216683/
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #51: Dec 07, 2007 07:08:07 pm
      Some latest odds on Hatton.

R Hatton On Points   4/1 

R Hatton Round 7   25/1 

R Hatton Round 8   28/1 

R Hatton Round 6   28/1 

R Hatton Round 9   33/1 

R Hatton Round 5   33/1 

R Hatton Round 10   33/1 

R Hatton Round 4   40/1 

R Hatton Round 11   40/1 

R Hatton Round 3   50/1 

R Hatton Round 12   50/1 

R Hatton Round 2   66/1 

R Hatton Round 1   66/1

I think I might have a few quid on Hatton in the 7th, 8th and 9th rounds.
      Looks good odds to me.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #52: Dec 07, 2007 07:45:21 pm
      REDS STARS WISH HATTON LUCK

Liverpool stars John Arne Riise and Steven Gerrard have sent messages of good luck to Ricky Hatton ahead of this weekend's title fight against Floyd Mayweather. 
      Both players are keen boxing fans, though Liverpool's crunch clash with Marseille next week means they'll have to record the fight rather than stay up until the early hours of Sunday morning.

Riise said: "All the best Ricky. I've been watching the build-up and it's been really annoying me, so you really have to take him down.

"I know you're a Man City fan but you've got our support."

Gerrard added: "Best of luck mate. I hope you get what you want out of the fight. Everyone at Liverpool it rooting for you.

"Unfortunately we have a massive game on Tuesday so I won't be able to watch it live – I will be recording it though."
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #53: Dec 07, 2007 10:40:23 pm
      Vodka ain't my mate either! I usually have Jack Daniels and Red Bull (Jumping Jack Flash, it's gorgeous as well!) Should try that! ;)

I'm hearing lots of good things from my mates, one just dropped his crate off for tomorrow night! I'm going to take it easy while I'm out before it, want to keep alert and not fall asleep at half 3 like last time! ;)

Hatton's talking a good talk before this fight! The Oliver Holt article in the Mirror has really got me going for this fight, especially with Bernard 'The Executioner' Hopkins backing  Hatton! My favourite bit is this however!....

I wish i could try it but i really hate JD, just the smell of it makes me feel sick!

Im now having a little party, only because of the boxing, but hay! who needs an excuse for a party really!

Anyones welcome! ;D
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #54: Dec 08, 2007 11:15:58 am
      I wish I could try it but I really hate JD, just the smell of it makes me feel sick!

I hope that's the drink and not 'our' JD  ;)
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #55: Dec 08, 2007 01:22:48 pm
      I hope that's the drink and not 'our' JD  ;)

I was talking about the drink! im sure your JD is lovely! :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #56: Dec 08, 2007 02:03:26 pm
      I wish I could try it but I really hate JD, just the smell of it makes me feel sick!

Im now having a little party, only because of the boxing, but hay! who needs an excuse for a party really!

Anyones welcome! ;D

It's an acquired taste, and it does get you pished rather quickly! There'll be some classy pics of me early Sunday morning I think! ;)

My little boxing night has developed quite well actually, got a good few crates downstairs and I'm waiting for me mate to wake up so we can go the Asda and get another 3 (3 for £20, baragain! ;))

Got a bet on three fights now, should make a good night of boxing! Not saying who though, won't jinx it! ;)
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #57: Dec 08, 2007 02:47:11 pm
      I was talking about the drink! im sure your JD is lovely! :D

Many words you could say about are JD, not sure lovely is one of them. :lmao: :f_sorry:

All the very best Ricky, I'm sure you will win, may the force be with you.

:tv_horror: Thats me watching the fight, might need a pair of match sticks to hold my eyes open. ;D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #58: Dec 08, 2007 02:52:17 pm
      All the very best Ricky, I'm sure you will win, may the force be with you.

Hatton's a City Fan, not sure about Star Wars! ;)

After the wiegh in lastnight, I'm a lot more confident he'll do it! Mayweather bottled it when Hatton squared upto him! I can't wait for this! 8)

stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #59: Dec 08, 2007 05:39:01 pm
      It's an acquired taste, and it does get you pished rather quickly! There'll be some classy pics of me early Sunday morning I think! ;)

My little boxing night has developed quite well actually, got a good few crates downstairs and I'm waiting for me mate to wake up so we can go the Asda and get another 3 (3 for £20, baragain! ;))

Got a bet on three fights now, should make a good night of boxing! Not saying who though, won't jinx it! ;)

Cant beat Asda for bargains thats for sure! :)
      No we def do not want to jinx our lad tonight, its going to be a hard enough match as it is

Cmon Ricky, were all behind you son (well we wouldnt be in front with Mayweather taking shots at ya) :)
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #60: Dec 08, 2007 05:42:45 pm
      Hatton's a City Fan, not sure about Star Wars! ;)

After the wiegh in lastnight, I'm a lot more confident he'll do it! Mayweather bottled it when Hatton squared upto him! I can't wait for this! 8)

Lmao  :lmao:
      He may love Star Wars!!

I think it will got all 12 rounds but i do hope Ricky knocks him down because then he will get stuck right in!
      « Last Edit: Dec 08, 2007 05:46:33 pm by stellaakasugar »
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #61: Dec 08, 2007 06:20:33 pm
      Mayweather is in his own country, in his home town, surrouded by all his entourage BUT have you ever seen someone looks quite so out of place on his home turf!? Its crazy....over here in LA all the News and sports channels keep talking about it, dropping info in entirely unrelated news stories!

Hatton looked magnificent at the weigh in.....HBO is showing marathon episodes of 'Mayweather/Hatton 24'.......replaying old fights....

This is going to be a magic day....if Liverpool can come out in the 2nd half and put Reading away!!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #62: Dec 08, 2007 07:54:42 pm
      Best of British to The Hitman. I would like to see him do the business just to shut Mayweather and his gobby mouth up! Not that I disrespect him, being a champion at is it 4 of 5 different weights(?) is an awesome stat. You have to beat the best to be the best and surely if /when Hatton gets this one he truly will be the undisputed, undefeated Champion of the World!
      All the best Ricky.
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #63: Dec 08, 2007 09:01:41 pm
      Ricky has promised his mum he will retire if he wins! i really hope he wins and im sure he can beat Mayweather but i dont think he should retire just yet! :(
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #64: Dec 08, 2007 09:06:31 pm
      I thought I heard him say the other day that he will be retiring soon? I still think he has a few more fights in him yet like.

Anyway, you sorted your drinking conundrum out Stella?  ;) I've got plenty of your Stella's to keep me company all night til the fight!!!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #65: Dec 08, 2007 10:22:04 pm
      Changing the subject slightly: Khan v Earl

72 seconds on the clock and this fight was stopped!
      I counted 19 jabs / punches before the 1st knock down and 26 to the KO!

Khan retains the title with a knock down and a 10 punch KO to finish off Earl.  :o

Amazing way to celebrate his 21st birthday! 
      « Last Edit: Dec 08, 2007 10:25:49 pm by RED1028 »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #66: Dec 08, 2007 11:17:51 pm
      Gotta hand it to him, khan was class. Sorted a solution to stay up for the Hatton fight, let's just say it's not entirely legal ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #67: Dec 08, 2007 11:47:18 pm
      Gotta hand it to him, khan was class. Sorted a solution to stay up for the Hatton fight, let's just say it's not entirely legal ;)

You broke into the off licence and stole loads of Red Bull? I reckon I'll be alright staying up for the fight. I was up til 5 this morning after a night out, so I reckon my sleep pattern will be alright...Plus I have a lot of Stella to get through!  ;D
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #68: Dec 08, 2007 11:55:56 pm
      Let's just say my mate charles will be keeping me up ;)

Quick Reply