Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who is going to win?

The Hitman Hatton
      18 (100%)
      Pretty Boy Mayweather
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Ricky Hatton V's Floyd Mayweather

Read 29525 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Ricky Hatton V's Floyd Mayweather
      Nov 14, 2007 09:03:17 pm
      Well it's nearly upon us, only 3 weeks away now the fight.
      December 8th is the day of a great fight.

Ricky hatton, for those who don't know, is an unbeaten English welterweight boxer.
      He is 28 years old and has fought 43 times.

Floyd Mayweather is American and also unbeaten.
      He is 30 years old and has fought 38 times.

Now, a little clue, for those neutral amonst us.
      Hatton is from Manchester, but is a staunch Manchester City fan.

Mayweather.....

Enough said. (he only wore that shirt to wind Ricky up - but, even so - what a tosser)

The fight takes place in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand.

C'mon Ricky - knock that scum loving t**t out  ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Re: Ricky Hatton V's Floyd Mayweather
      Reply #1: Nov 14, 2007 10:26:31 pm
      Will be a good fight I reckon. Is it on Setanta like Calzaghe's? That was a brilliant fight. The first fight I have ever watched properly.. Was drunk in the union about 1am, with my boyf and loads of other Welshies around us cheering on Joe.. absolutely brill.
      Cy
      Reply #2: Nov 14, 2007 10:30:47 pm
      I really hope Ricky will knock him out, he is a great champ Mayweather but his attitude sucks big time....Not only he has been wearing man u shirt but he has been spending his time slagging of Ricky for who I have a huge respect for taking the americans in their own backyard.

It was funny though to heard Ricky while Mayweather was in Uk for the promotion of the fight saying:" I haven't seen my kid of 6 years for a while now an I miss him, but I spend the last 2 weeks with an other 6 years old!" Go on ricky just do it mate...but check this...while Ricky is getting ready Mayweather is been participating in strictly come dancing american version...is it me or it's sound like a rocky 1 movie......COME ON HATTON..
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Nov 14, 2007 10:38:50 pm
      Would have loved to watched this but I'm going on a night out that night which will go on to the early hours.  :-\

I reckon Hatton will do him though. I reckon Hatton is more of a fighter than Mayweather. Plus mind games don't do anything to Hatton and Mayweather has been doing his best to wind Hatton up.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,213 posts | 4913 
      Reply #4: Nov 15, 2007 12:30:11 am
      I'm a big boxing fan and can't wait for this one. I feel Mayweather is seriously under estimating Hatton and this is going to be another big night for British boxing. Also Amir Kahn and Graham Earl are fighting on the same night on ITV. This is also going to be a great match and I'm going for Kahn to knock Earl out in the middle rounds.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,626 posts | 6933 
      Reply #5: Nov 15, 2007 12:50:19 am
      Really like The Hitman (always important to have a cool name as a boxer).

Doesn't he have Rooney and stuff leading him out though?

Anyway hope he gives him a good hiding.

Incidentally I saw an interview with Calzaghe on BBC last week and he was looking to step up a division and there was a brief mention of one day having a 'unification' fight between Calzaghe and Hatton!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,213 posts | 4913 
      Reply #6: Nov 15, 2007 12:54:32 am
      Rooney did it once JD but Hatton said it was a one off and won't be happening again. I think they are big pals and Rooney was over at the time of the fight or something.

On the subject of Hatton fighting Calzaghe it would mean Ricky stepping up in weight not Calzaghe as Joe is the heavier fighter(super-middleweight) at the minute.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Nov 15, 2007 01:04:15 am
      Calzaghe v Hatton though. That would be some fight wouldn't it? Both fighters not boxers.... ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,213 posts | 4913 
      Reply #8: Nov 15, 2007 01:06:39 am
      Calzaghe v Hatton though. That would be some fight wouldn't it? Both fighters not boxers.... ;)

Would be an excellent fight if it could happen RK.

Watch out for the Kahn fight as this could be a classic fight going on previous form.
      « Last Edit: Nov 15, 2007 01:22:08 am by srslfc »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Nov 15, 2007 01:19:38 am
      Watch out for the Kahn fight as this could be an classic fight going on previous form.

Wish I could mate but I'll be out that night and it's on before the Hatton fight isn't it?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,213 posts | 4913 
      Reply #10: Nov 15, 2007 01:21:36 am
      Aye. It's on pretty early around 9 I think. Can't you  Sky+ it Ken?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: Nov 15, 2007 01:26:44 am
      Aye. It's on pretty early around 9 I think. Can't you  Sky+ it Ken?

And there's me thinking only of going out rather than what I should do while I'm hungover the next day watching mind numbing tv... :D Good point mate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,213 posts | 4913 
      Reply #12: Nov 15, 2007 01:29:07 am
      And there's me thinking only of going out rather than what I should do while I'm hungover the next day watching mind numbing tv... :D Good point mate.

At least you are off Sundays. I have to work!!
      « Last Edit: Nov 18, 2007 11:14:47 pm by srslfc »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #13: Nov 15, 2007 12:30:38 pm

I'm more of a lover than a fighter. 

I'll admit I haven't followed their career's in depth (I am more of a bandwagon jumper) but if he gets through Mayweather then a unification fight would be superb.

But would either of them do it?

Seriously?  Surely in terms of their 'name' one of them would have a lot to lose. But for the victor.....everything!

Will be interesting to see the psyche of these kind of sportsmen and how driven they are.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,213 posts | 4913 
      Reply #14: Nov 15, 2007 12:51:38 pm
      It won't happen as Calzaghe is wanting to step up to light heavyweight to fight Bernard Hopkins next year.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #15: Nov 30, 2007 12:49:19 pm

Doesn't that make you hate him more?

Anyone ordering it?  I can't wait to see Ricky smash the lights out of this mug!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #16: Dec 02, 2007 09:05:36 pm
      I love Ricky Hatton and have followed his career from the start but I think this one is a bridge too far and Maywether will win. I would love to be wrong but I dont see it :(
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #17: Dec 02, 2007 11:15:36 pm
      I love Ricky Hatton and have followed his career from the start but I think this one is a bridge too far and Maywether will win. I would love to be wrong but I dont see it :(

I seriously hope you're wrong, I've got a good night planned for Saturday! Two 21sts and then home with all me mates for the fight so I'm hoping I can top it off with Mayweather having his face spread across the ring! 8) Hate him!
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #18: Dec 03, 2007 12:01:58 am
      I cant wait, i love watching the boxing! I think its going to be hattons best fight yet, will be hard but i think he has got it in him to do mayweather, It on Sky box office isnt it? the fights not ment to start till 4am so i hear! (Stella yawns at that thought!!!) Cmon Ricky!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #19: Dec 03, 2007 09:53:00 am
      I seriously hope you're wrong, I've got a good night planned for Saturday! Two 21sts and then home with all me mates for the fight so I'm hoping I can top it off with Mayweather having his face spread across the ring! 8) Hate him!

I hope I'm wrong too!! I've never wanted to be so wrong! Mayweather is a horrible mouthy arrogant tw*t! But he's a great fighter!
      bob_blah
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #20: Dec 05, 2007 05:23:32 pm
      This should be a great fight, I would love to see Hatton destroy that little punk, but to be completly honest, I would have it even money between them. Both are talented boxers, Hatton has his underdog tag which he loves, but Mayweather has the confidence of a man in control that only Tyson could rival back in his day.

Looking forward to a good contest, if it's anything like the Calzaghe v Kessler fight, I'll be happy waiting up till stupid oclock to watch it.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #21: Dec 06, 2007 08:50:54 am
      This is going to be a hard one to call, lets not take anything away from Mayweather, he is a great boxer, he has very fast foot work, and has a better and longer jab than Hatton.
      Mayweather reminds me of Clay, he likes to get in the faces, and talk the talk before the fight, but he has not done that with Ricky, it is Ricky who has talk the talk.
      Ricky is a great fighter, Mayweather is a great boxer, this could go all the way, if Ricky can get inside Mayweathers jab, and work on his body Ricky will win, if Ricky cant get past his jab and footwork, Mayweather will win.
      This is how close it is.
      I feel and hope Ricky is going to do it.
      Its on Sky box office, and the fight will not start till about 4am Sunday morning, and the rerun about 9am Sunday.
      So I'm in two minds, to stay up, or go to bed early, and get up about 3am.
      But one thing i do know, this is going to be a great fight.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #22: Dec 06, 2007 12:26:05 pm
      This is going to be a hard one to call, lets not take anything away from Mayweather, he is a great boxer, he has very fast foot work, and has a better and longer jab than Hatton.
      Mayweather reminds me of Clay, he likes to get in the faces, and talk the talk before the fight, but he has not done that with Ricky, it is Ricky who has talk the talk.
      Ricky is a great fighter, Mayweather is a great boxer, this could go all the way, if Ricky can get inside Mayweathers jab, and work on his body Ricky will win, if Ricky cant get past his jab and footwork, Mayweather will win.
      This is how close it is.
      I feel and hope Ricky is going to do it.
      Its on Sky box office, and the fight will not start till about 4am Sunday morning, and the rerun about 9am Sunday.
      So I'm in two minds, to stay up, or go to bed early, and get up about 3am.
      But one thing I do know, this is going to be a great fight.

Stay up! ;) I'm on a hardcore night out! Watching the match in the day! Two 21st's and then back home to watch the fight in the wee hours! This is basically what was left last time we did this for a Hatton fight! I can't recall which one but I went to the Liverpool v Chelsea match in the day when we beat them 2-0 and then played poker in my brother's!...... 8)

Quick Reply