Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who is going to win?

The Hitman Hatton
      18 (100%)
      Pretty Boy Mayweather
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Ricky Hatton V's Floyd Mayweather

Read 29421 times
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Re: Ricky Hatton V's Floyd Mayweather
      Reply #115: Dec 09, 2007 05:29:55 am
      Ko in the 10th twice, couldnt get up from the second

Bless him, he tried hard
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #116: Dec 09, 2007 05:30:13 am
      Game over :(
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #117: Dec 09, 2007 05:31:19 am
      Im well gutted for him tut
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #118: Dec 09, 2007 05:40:32 am
      Well despite the fact I had no audio or visuals the 1st thing I did get was Ricky on his back... Game over.

A valiant effort, obviously outclassed but no shame because he was beaten by the best boxer around.

Fair play Ricky you did your best and gave your all. Respect.
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #119: Dec 09, 2007 05:46:47 am
      Least he's still got his sense of humour.
      Was a great fight though
      Well done Ricky
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #120: Dec 09, 2007 06:19:43 am
      What a rip off!!!!!!!!! I want my money back!....

Nah, seriously. Mayweather was too good in the end. The only one to come out of that fight with no respect is the ref. He had it in for Ricky from the first bell.
      You only become a better winner by being gracious in defeat. Ricky should be proud of himself tonight.

I'm going to stay up now. No point going to bed...  :f_tongueincheek:
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #121: Dec 09, 2007 06:26:42 am
      What a rip off!!!!!!!!! I want my money back!....

Nah, seriously. Mayweather was too good in the end. The only one to come out of that fight with no respect is the ref. He had it in for Ricky from the first bell.
      You only become a better winner by being gracious in defeat. Ricky should be proud of himself tonight.

I'm going to stay up now. No point going to bed...  :f_tongueincheek:

Thought you had gone to bed Mr!

I agree with all that, the ref was way off the line, taking that point made Ricky have to try and fight not his norma fight!
      He done us proud thats for sure, im just really gutted for him, coz he wanted that more than anything! bless him

Yeah im staying up now too! be light soon and i can never get to sleep when i can hear the birds singing! bloody birds
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #122: Dec 09, 2007 06:44:56 am
      No I was wide awake, spilling Stella! Nevermind eh.

I'm off to see a friend who has also been watching the fight with a gathering of people. Reckon I might be able to get some sleep there rather than my own bed....? Doubt it.
      Those pesky birds!  :D Nighty night!
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #123: Dec 09, 2007 06:54:27 am
      Tut at spilling Stella! ;D

Good luck with the sleep in another bed! thats if ur going for sleep!!!! ;D

Stella will shoot the birds!

night night
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #124: Dec 09, 2007 08:34:18 am
      Ricky was fantastic but alittle too gung hoo.....9 months from now...wembley....the 2nd chapter.....floydd was very gracious i thought and ricky was as enthusiastic as ever even in defeat....very proud over here in LA....ran the street with the st.geoerges anyway....the man has the heart of a lion and felt the weight of a nation on his shouders....he will rise again and we will see him beat the extremely capable Mayweather 9 months from now....well done floydd and do not sleep easy...the job is never done whilst the hatton is around...
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #125: Dec 09, 2007 12:40:52 pm
      All credit to Mayweather.  He was F***ing awesome.

In the first 3 Rounds I thought Ricky could do it, especially knocking him off balance in the first round.  But as you say Lester he was too gun ho.  He hardly protected himself and he was literally walking into Mayweathers jabs.

But how clever is Floyd Mayweather?  Absolutely fantastic athlete.

Ricky lasted 10 rounds then he was knocked down twice, one after the other.  I'd like to give Ricky a round of applause for his effort in the fight though.  He did give it his all, but just didn't stick to the game plan.

Maybe next time Ricky.  You've done your Nation proud.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #126: Dec 09, 2007 10:55:30 pm
      Really dissappointed for Ricky but  Mayweather was just too good in the end. I thought after the first couple of rounds that Ricky had the measure of him but as the fight went on it was clear that he needed a knock out to win and he just couldn't get any clean punches through. Mayweather was really good on the inside which surprised me a little as I thought this is where Hatton would get any advantage in the fight.

I was impressed with Floyd Mayweather as after all the hype and boasting he really showed that he is the best pound for pound boxer in the world at the minute. True class.

The one bad point about the night was the ref, and it is interesting that Billy Graham pointed out to him before the fight that Ricky's style was based on the inside and how Mayweather camp had been complaining about it, then when the fight starts he is stepping in far too quickly to break them up. I think the stature of Floyd and hometown advantage may have played on the ref's mind during the fight and he didn't want to be showing any favouratism to Hatton but by doing this went too far the other way.

All in all an excellent night and Ricky done himself and his fans proud and will be back to challenge for a world title again soon.
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2007 11:11:17 pm by srslfc »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #127: Dec 09, 2007 11:03:17 pm
      So you stayed up then mate?

Good review of the fight and I totally agree about the ref. I'd like to say maybe there might of been a tiny chance of a different result if the ref hadn't got involved the way he did in the first couple of rounds. But the quality of Mayweather really did shine through as the fight progressed.
      Although Hatton will be hurting inside, he's got nothing to be ashamed of. Hope he comes back an even better fighter for it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #128: Dec 09, 2007 11:10:22 pm

No problems in the end RK!

We were screaming about the ref from the first couple of rounds, as was Jim Watt on the commentary. He was going mad! Agree that if the ref wasn't so quick to step in early on then Ricky may have been able to impose himself more on the fight. But I do think that Mayweather was too good in the end and it kills me to say that as I was desperate for Hatton to win.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #129: Dec 10, 2007 01:44:12 am
      Tut at spilling Stella! ;D

Good luck with the sleep in another bed! thats if ur going for sleep!!!! ;D

Stella will shoot the birds!

night night

I know, I was disgusted with myself. Knocked half a can over when Hatton got knocked down.
      Didn't sleep in another bed.  ;) And I hope you didn't shoot any birds Mrs!!
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #130: Dec 10, 2007 08:22:23 am
      I know, I was disgusted with myself. Knocked half a can over when Hatton got knocked down.
      Didn't sleep in another bed.  ;) And I hope you didn't shoot any birds Mrs!!

And so you should be digusted with yourself Mr!
      ooo so your not the dirty lilttle stop out you set out to be then eh! ;)  :angel:
      No birds where harmed in the end, i ended up going to bed at about 9am and was out like a light (like Ricky bless him)  :o

And less of the Mrs please, miss thanks you, Did i swear at you????  :D
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #131: Dec 10, 2007 03:50:45 pm
      I love Ricky Hatton and have followed his career from the start but I think this one is a bridge too far and Maywether will win. I would love to be wrong but I dont see it :(

Do I get any points in the prediction league for this one?!

I hope Ricky has a few more big fights in him, I don't want to see the Lad get hurt but he's pure entertainment and the best fighter to come from these shores for a decade!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #132: Dec 10, 2007 03:57:35 pm
      I reckon he's got a few more big fights ahead of him Crazy Horse. I think he knows he got a little carried away at the weekend and let his heart rule his head. Surely he'll want to put that right. You're spot on about him being the best from these shores for a while. Well done for not getting carried away by the hype and predicting right.  ;)

Oh and my apologies Miss Stella.  ;D And no, I was a good lad.  :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #133: Dec 10, 2007 04:08:04 pm
      I've only just regained the ability to walk! :laugh:

The two parties went great and I got more pissed than I expected! :-\ But I got home about 2am, cracked open a few cans with me mates and me uncle and lasted until after the fight!

Got to tip your hat to Mayweather. He played Hatton at his own game and proved he is the best in the world. Such a shame Hatton couldn't do it, but I felt the ref didn't help proceedings. Cortez is a good ref and he never usually splits fighters up as much as he did in the Hatton - Mayweather fight. :( And the point deduction was unnecessary but it didn't really matter in the end! :-\

Mayweather was brilliant after the fight. My image of him has changed so much! Some of Mayweathers fans booed Hatton during the post fight interview and Mayweather stopped them, saying Hatton is a brilliant champion and he deserves their respect. I like that, and proves that he is a decent man after all!

Hope to see Hatton in the De La Hoya fight at Wembley, if they decide to set it up! I think two more fights and he can hang his gloves up! What a legend he is! ;D
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #134: Dec 10, 2007 08:02:28 pm

Oh and my apologies Miss Stella.  ;D And no, I was a good lad.  :D

:) accepted!  Good Good! But you only live once you know!  >:D
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #135: Dec 10, 2007 08:50:51 pm
      Mayweather was tooo good on the night it was a case of bruno against tyson at the end.  I always thought thatif Hatton was  going to do it he had to damage Mayweather early as after the 7 rounds it would be Mayweathers time.   Hatton tried his best and did us proud but mayweather to stylish for him at the end.

Quick Reply