Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Dreihundert, Pet

Read 2223 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Dreihundert, Pet
      Dec 15, 2018 12:56:12 am
      (Yes I did Google translate the title and if you don't get why I've gone for that title then you need serious help)

But to the matter at hand, our captain, Jordan Henderson, is just two games away from making his 300th appearance for the club. Now normally I do these threads when they're just one game away but as I expect our number 14 to feature both on Sunday against United and Friday against Wolves, I have to do it early as I won't have time next week with work commitments and work's crimbo night out on Friday (rest assured that I will be watching the match rather than sitting with me colleagues though).

Jordan will become the 59th player to reach the milestone for the club and the first since Lucas back in a League Cup tie against Stoke in 2016.

For a lad who still splits opinion as much as Henderson does on here, it's a sure-fire sign that the managers he's played under all see something in him. Kenny forked out 20 mill on him and he spent most of his time there out wide on the right. Rodgers then arrived and moved him into a more box-to-box central midfielder and nobody can deny how influential he was the 13/14 side that should of won the League. And then when Gerrard left, Jordan took over not only the armband but his position as the deepest of the central midfielders, dictating the play. Now Klopp continuously picks him whenever he can. And with a new five year deal recently signed, it would appear that Klopp sees Jordan Henderson as a big part of Liverpool's future.

He's had a difficult few years with injuries. After missing just 13 League games in his first four years with us, he's missed 49 in four years that have followed. Three per season on average, to over ten per season on average is a huge jump.

But hopefully he is back to full fitness for the foreseeable future because he's certainly an important player to us and the way Klopp wants us to play.

My biggest gripe with Henderson is his lack of goals. He's got 24 at the minute and there's no denying that there's some F***ing crackers in that collection. And that's why I'm so disappointed by how few he has. He's clearly got the ability to score but he doesn't get his name on the scoresheet enough. Goals, very much like his appearance totals, have dwindled dramatically during his tenure here. His first four years saw him net 20 goals, his last four years just a mere four goals. None to date this season, his last coming in September of 2017 in a 3-2 win over Leicester. To of not scored in an entire calendar year is, in my opinion, very poor for any central midfielder. He hasn't scored at Anfield since 13th December 2015. Over three years since he's scored a home goal!

But saying that, 300 games for the world's biggest club is still a fantastic achievement for any one. And Jordan Henderson deserves to be celebrated like anybody else would of been or will be in the future.

With another 5 years just signed, we should see you playing a whole lot more as well.

Well in Skipper!!!
      +12
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Dreihundert, Pet
      Reply #1: Dec 15, 2018 01:17:00 pm
      Another good player thread from DLS.
      I really enjoy reading these.

Well in skipper, and hopefully many more to come.
      « Last Edit: Dec 15, 2018 09:52:28 pm by racerx34 »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2: Dec 15, 2018 01:28:23 pm
      Well said Billy!
      « Last Edit: Dec 15, 2018 09:52:48 pm by racerx34 »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #3: Dec 15, 2018 01:53:34 pm
      Good post Billy , not my favourite player I will admit but credit where it’s due , any player reaching that milestone for us deserves credit , don’t think we’ve seen enough of the form he displayed in THAT season , his subsequent sending off I believe was the catalyst to us not winning it that year ,
      As said he has scored some cracking goals it’s a mystery as to why he doesn’t more often , keep up the form from Tuesday skipper.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4880 
      Reply #4: Dec 15, 2018 06:13:32 pm
      Great achievement from what has proven to be a great signing.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5: Dec 15, 2018 08:59:47 pm
      (Yes I did Google translate the title and if you don't get why I've gone for that title then you need serious help)

But to the matter at hand, our captain, Jordan Henderson, is just two games away from making his 300th appearance for the club. Now normally I do these threads when they're just one game away but as I expect our number 14 to feature both on Sunday against United and Friday against Wolves, I have to do it early as I won't have time next week with work commitments and work's crimbo night out on Friday (rest assured that I will be watching the match rather than sitting with me colleagues though).

Jordan will become the 59th player to reach the milestone for the club and the first since Lucas back in a League Cup tie against Stoke in 2016.

For a lad who still splits opinion as much as Henderson does on here, it's a sure-fire sign that the managers he's played under all see something in him. Kenny forked out 20 mill on him and he spent most of his time there out wide on the right. Rodgers then arrived and moved him into a more box-to-box central midfielder and nobody can deny how influential he was the 13/14 side that should of won the League. And then when Gerrard left, Jordan took over not only the armband but his position as the deepest of the central midfielders, dictating the play. Now Klopp continuously picks him whenever he can. And with a new five year deal recently signed, it would appear that Klopp sees Jordan Henderson as a big part of Liverpool's future.

He's had a difficult few years with injuries. After missing just 13 League games in his first four years with us, he's missed 49 in four years that have followed. Three per season on average, to over ten per season on average is a huge jump.

But hopefully he is back to full fitness for the foreseeable future because he's certainly an important player to us and the way Klopp wants us to play.

My biggest gripe with Henderson is his lack of goals. He's got 24 at the minute and there's no denying that there's some f**king crackers in that collection. And that's why I'm so disappointed by how few he has. He's clearly got the ability to score but he doesn't get his name on the scoresheet enough. Goals, very much like his appearance totals, have dwindled dramatically during his tenure here. His first four years saw him net 20 goals, his last four years just a mere four goals. None to date this season, his last coming in September of 2017 in a 3-2 win over Leicester. To of not scored in an entire calendar year is, in my opinion, very poor for any central midfielder. He hasn't scored at Anfield since 13th December 2015. Over three years since he's scored a home goal!

But saying that, 300 games for the world's biggest club is still a fantastic achievement for any one. And Jordan Henderson deserves to be celebrated like anybody else would of been or will be in the future.

With another 5 years just signed, we should see you playing a whole lot more as well.

Well in Skipper!!!

Good thread start. Let's hope Jordan can celebrate the impending milestone with a famous win tomorrow.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6: Dec 15, 2018 10:05:56 pm
      Absolutely deserving of a tribute for his efforts over the past 7 and a bit years so fair play to dls for the thread. We've had some low points in the last 7 years while Jordan has been with us but we've had some high points as well. For some reason a quick and direct ball through the middle for Suarez to latch onto against Cardiff City back in 2013 always sticks in my mind as a fine bit of Hendo's play. And who can forget a sublime display against Tottenham when we memorably battered them 5-0 at their place just before Christmas 2013. He's caused a lot of angst to some, including me, but there's no doubting that any player who gets to this grand number is absolutely deserving of their place in this club's great history book.
      « Last Edit: Dec 15, 2018 10:12:13 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #7: Dec 16, 2018 09:31:15 am
      Not his biggest fan as you may well  know, and yes i have eaten a slice or two of humble pie,  most recently Tuesday night, however, it is a fantastic achievement for the lad and is deserving of all plaudits,
      My issues with him is his inconsistency,  he had a belter against Napoli it has to be said, so i hope he puts in another against the Munts on Sunday if he plays,

Obviously Klopp does see a player he trusts and is vital to what he wants, and who am i to argue,  so well done to the lad, he's a top professional,  a good leader, and  i hope to see him hoist that premiership Trophy in May.

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #8: Dec 16, 2018 10:30:00 am
      It would be entirely fitting if Jordan gets the winner today. Jürgen trusts him to be his rock in the  middle and he gets the job done.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #9: Dec 22, 2018 11:57:45 am
      A solid performance from the skipper on his 300th game - he's now chasing Jamie Redknapp's total of 308 to move up the ladder.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #10: Dec 22, 2018 02:10:46 pm
      I think I need serious help. I don't understand the title heading?

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #11: Dec 22, 2018 02:58:03 pm
      It means 300 appearances, but I don't understand why it's wrote in German. Klopp is German but I don't understand the connection. Henderson has nothing German about him. Short answer is its German for 300 appearances but why it's in German, I don't know.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #12: Dec 22, 2018 03:02:09 pm
      Congratulations on 300 appearances. It's a real milestone and the performance on that 300 appearance was good. 7/10 yesterday, not my MOTM but did well.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #13: Dec 22, 2018 03:03:49 pm

It means 300 appearances, but I don't understand why it's wrote in German. Klopp is German but I don't understand the connection. Henderson has nothing German about him. Short answer is its German for 300 appearances but why it's in German, I don't know.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auf_Wiedersehen,_Pet

Quick Reply