Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (1.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      13 (8.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      82 (52.6%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (2.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      47 (30.1%)

Total Members Voted: 154

Voting closed: Dec 20, 2018 05:50:57 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34586 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Dec 16, 2018 10:09:44 pm
      Walton just put me on ignore and have done with it. That solves your problem.

its just weird you being here today I cant imagine a Liverpool supporter getting anywhere near a Manc forum.
      I'll decide who I put on ignore thanks.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #599: Dec 16, 2018 10:13:34 pm
      anyone remember that Couthino bloke who we sold ? we seem to be doing OK with out him.
      It is still along way to go and some massive games to come but how much more could the lads have done so far this season however you want to look at it this has been an exceptional start to a season and now to be fair its gone past the start of the season we are close to half way through. I remember one muppet taking me to task for me suggesting we would get over 90 points this season and would be on target for 95 to win it and we aren't far off are we
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #600: Dec 16, 2018 10:14:28 pm
      its just weird you being here today I cant imagine a Liverpool supporter getting anywhere near a Manc forum.
      I'll decide who I put on ignore thanks.

I don't see that a problem as Liverpool fans do the same. Each to their own though.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #601: Dec 16, 2018 10:16:20 pm
      MOTD on now so we can see how a quality side puts a mid table no hope team to the sword.
      Liverpool on first
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #602: Dec 16, 2018 10:16:35 pm
      Very convincing win, reminds me of the gulf that existed in the 2013/14 season.
      Fabinho getting better and better but as a team we must improve our set pieces and finishing.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #603: Dec 16, 2018 10:20:21 pm
      Fabinho getting better and better but as a team we must improve our set pieces and finishing.

I know what your saying but we have scored 11 and conceded 2 in our last 4 games
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #604: Dec 16, 2018 10:53:59 pm
      Pure adrenaline keeping me awake at work after two hours sleep :D

Ahhhhhh nothing like it. Beating the Mancs to go top of the table. BOOM.

How good was Robbo? And Bobby? And the midfield two? Mané showing flashes of his old self.

And the bloody Swiss Super Square slaloming through them like he’s back home in the Alps before thundercunting us ahead and adding another for good measure to bury that tw*t. 

And F***ing Jürgen Klopp. WHAT A MAN.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #605: Dec 16, 2018 10:57:38 pm
      Not sure I call it music. More like a musician who's playing the violin for the first time.  :lmao:

Always thought you a decent lad that followed them. No problem at all with ye posting here especially tonight!!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #606: Dec 16, 2018 11:42:15 pm
      Just got back from a very good day well done reds
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #607: Dec 16, 2018 11:50:01 pm
      Finally finished the game, had to wait all day to watch it. What a match. I was worried we were going to be wasteful again but boy did our man Shaw take it to them. MotM goes to Fabinho for me. He was large and in charge, what a player we’ve got. Onward and upwards boys.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #608: Dec 17, 2018 12:09:27 am
      Watched motd and the stats for Fab are unreal. Was impressed with his first half, then lost my stream. He didn’t disappoint in the second half either. Motm for me.
      Bob back to his slippery best, everyone else 9/10 and what a sub Shaq proved to be.
      Totally dominant performance and it looks like it’s all coming together nicely at the right time.
      Oh, and a mention for Clyne. Never expected him to last 90+ minutes, especially at the level he performed.
      Well done lad.
      Happy days ahead, g’night all !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #609: Dec 17, 2018 12:14:59 am
      Game was at 3am work at 6.30am

Stoned as a Mother f**ker and the only thing keeping my eye lids open is the possibility of some Manc c**t crossing my path at work.

Get the F**k in!!!

Also, Keith you can stay mate, just make sure you read every single post in this thread.  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #610: Dec 17, 2018 01:00:06 am
      Voted Fabinho MOTM. Thought this was his best game for Liverpool so far and he's starting to look like the player we thought we were buying in the Summer. I also thought today was Firminho's best game of the season and he was close to being back to his best. His movement, close ball control, energy, workrate and intelligence was all back to what it was last season. We just need him to start finding the back of the net again. Shaq is fast becoming a modern day super sub for us. The hunger and desire shown by him is refreshing to see in a modern footballer. Every time he comes on he looks like he's got a point to prove.

It wasn't all sunshine and roses though, I thought a lot of our passing was sloppy and we had far too many aimless potshots from outside of the area. We seem to have run out of ideas before Shaqiri came on so props to the boss for getting his sub spot on today. It was also refreshing to see a Liverpool goalkeeper make a right dogs dinner of a catch and then not worry about it for the rest of the game. If that's Mig or Karius they fall to pieces. Mistakes are going to happen and we now have players with the mental resilience to shrug them off.

All in all the gulf in class was evident for all to see and we laid down a massive marker to City. The best thing about today though? The miserable gob on Neville's face in the post match analysis. Finally, given that we're still the only team to be unbeaten in the league, dare we start to dream about invincibles?
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #611: Dec 17, 2018 01:41:54 am

Agree. Although we were clearly the best team today. It seems we went from giving up goals on set pieces, to not being able to convert on set pieces. I think the most glaring issue is VVD. Instead of rushing into the box trying to get the ball, he stands in place waiting for it.  Dont get me wrong. I love Van Dijk and hes saved more goals and matches than anyone. It's just an observation.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #612: Dec 17, 2018 02:06:14 am
      Next day. Still F***ing buzzing. Gonna ne a few grumpy mancs to deal with at work today. :lmao:
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #613: Dec 17, 2018 02:08:13 am
      What an absolutely fantastic win!

My heart dropped when they scored their equaliser, I thought to myself that was surely it. It felt like they tightened that bus, even tighter, I’d be depressed week in week out if I were a United supporter. It’s delightful.

I imagined before the game we’d be playing to win a lot of corners, we knew they’d set up extremely defensively and it made things tough. A tad frustrating to fail in turning those corners in to proper chances. But what an amazing win, and match, we’re a train now and we can’t be stopped in the league, I’m starting to believe!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #614: Dec 17, 2018 02:16:12 am
      Brilliant game. I love shaq. That UTD team was set up only to play deep, destroy our momentum and get something quickly on the break, and crowd MO. Playing Fabinho and Keita changed that. It was a brave move to play Clyne but the right one. It was a brave move to bring Shaq on but Klopp learnt from last time we played them at Anfield. Can't rely on front 3  to do everything. Robertson, Mane, Fabinho .... All  of the team brilliant.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #615: Dec 17, 2018 02:29:11 am
      Very good performance against a team who may be well off par this year, but who still have some very good players (not that you would know it).  At this moment I think we are just beginning to play our best football of the season, and in the past couple of weeks we can see how the depth of squad has improved - hopefully we have the players to mix it up a bit over the next very busy couple of weeks.

Though Fab was excellent again, and we all knew that Mane would take a chance probably harder than any he had on Tuesday.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #616: Dec 17, 2018 04:09:36 am
      Something else I thought about after watching the match a 2nd time, the training sessions that Jürgen and staff put on must be top notch. I'm thinking of how a Nathaniel Clyne can come on after being out of the lineup for so long and just immediately blend in and do a good job. We saw this a few weeks ago from Joel Matip. Our squad are being prepared at such a high level. Yes it's what is expected, but to see us playing at such a high level, to work so well together no matter who is in the starting XI, they must really get good tutoring on the training ground.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #617: Dec 17, 2018 04:43:36 am
      A day after.. Still buzzing..

Just saw the sun rise a deep Liverpool red
       :kop5cf8koxp6:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #618: Dec 17, 2018 05:32:36 am
      Fantastic all round performance if we could get something from corners we must have had 14 but all with no result
      Oh well something to improve on great result
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #619: Dec 17, 2018 07:18:47 am
      Knocks the steward on his arse aswell for added comedy.

To be fair the steward had a mask on that resembled Mourinho so it was the stewards own fault that he got knocked off his chair.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #620: Dec 17, 2018 07:27:07 am
      Something else I thought about after watching the match a 2nd time, the training sessions that Jürgen and staff put on must be top notch. I'm thinking of how a Nathaniel Clyne can come on after being out of the lineup for so long and just immediately blend in and do a good job. We saw this a few weeks ago from Joel Matip. Our squad are being prepared at such a high level. Yes it's what is expected, but to see us playing at such a high level, to work so well together no matter who is in the starting XI, they must really get good tutoring on the training ground.

I have just read an article by Andy Robertson in the L.F.C. December magazine.He says Jürgen prefers to put 11 against 11 on the training pitch  and not just forwards against defenders.As our results show the training regime is working well.

Quick Reply