Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (1.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      13 (8.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      82 (52.6%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (2.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      47 (30.1%)

Total Members Voted: 154

Voting closed: Dec 20, 2018 05:50:57 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34943 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,853 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Dec 16, 2018 06:34:43 pm

You've known me long enough I don't hide win or lose, unlike some  :f_whistle: ;D Once again no arguments with the result dispite 2 goals defected and a goal disallowed from our side. Liverpool proved what we knew before kick off! Your simply the better side this year.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #507: Dec 16, 2018 06:36:02 pm
      Clyne and Lovren did well filling in for Gomez and TAA.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #508: Dec 16, 2018 06:36:55 pm
      Is anyone even the usual suspect not completely and utterly shocked at how good we are right now thank you Jürgen this is the best team since 1977-1985. Bobby didn't get my vote because I gave it to Shaq but Bobby was just sublime tonight his performance was just incredible. Also Mo worked his socks off always creating space we have just completely humiliated UTD
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #509: Dec 16, 2018 06:37:03 pm
      You've known me long enough I don't hide win or lose, unlike some  :f_whistle: ;D Once again no arguments with the result dispite 2 goals defected and a goal disallowed from our side. Liverpool proved what we knew before kick off! Your simply the better side this year.

Goal disallowed?!

You talking about the one where Lukaku made an attempt to play the ball despite being 3m offside?

Or was it the goals your subs were scoring warning up on the pitch at half time? Neither are legal nor do they count...
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #510: Dec 16, 2018 06:37:13 pm
      It was nice that diver Young went AWOL for Mane's goal..and I think he deflected Shaq's first goal in off his arse..clearly Mancheater's MOTM..
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #511: Dec 16, 2018 06:38:35 pm
      Through to last 16 in PL. Just beat Utd COMFORTABLY. To go top of the table. Couldn't be going better at this stage of the season :)

Deserved to go ahead, but after we gifted Utd the goal, there was a period where we were struggling a little bit to break them down. Good substitution by Jürgen though - taking off Keita was didn't have a particularly good game - and Shaq turned things round. No doubt we were the better team, but you have to put them away and we now have proper options on the bench to help turn things.

Would most days pick Shaq, but going with Fab for MOTM. Thought he was great today, defensively solid, but creative when he had the chance to be. Looks like he's settled in and I'd now start him ahead of Hendo. Funny how things go, slowest of the new signings to make his mark, but now really looking the part.

Looking at Utd - Keane was right - without the badge, and expensive price tags, you'd think that was a mid/upper PL league team. Looking out on the pitch, you wonder where the money's gone.

Bit disappointed still with corners, so many didn't make it past the 1st defender, but that's nit-picking on the day. Clyne did well and lasted the match. Lovren good in the air, did OK in general. VVD and Robbo great as usual. Mistake from Alisson who apart from pick the ball out of the net had not much to do. Gini did well, Mane again the pick of the front 3, scored and setup the 2nd.  Mo and Bob quieter, though Bob more involved in the game than Mo.  And super from Shaq, closed the game out so could put the feet up for the last 10.

Can't praise the manager enough. He's built this team, and motivating them to keep winning to put us where we are.
      Want to put some silver in press though, so have to keep it going...
      But will enjoy today. Great win. Great 3 points :)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #512: Dec 16, 2018 06:38:59 pm
      You forgot to mention the goal that was disallowed was the right call and United's only goal came from a mistake.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,853 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #513: Dec 16, 2018 06:39:59 pm
      Goal disallowed?!

You talking about the one where Lukaku made an attempt to play the ball despite being 3m offside?

Or was it the goals your subs were scoring warning up on the pitch at half time? Neither are legal nor do they count...

On about Lukaku. He never touched it. If some of you lot can wear rose tinted glasses then I'm dam sure I can from time to time  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,853 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #514: Dec 16, 2018 06:41:08 pm
      You forgot to mention the goal that was disallowed was the right call and United's only goal came from a mistake. It was offside because united striker was affecting play, he ran before the ball was kicked forcing Alisson to react differently than if he were absent.

I just did.  :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #515: Dec 16, 2018 06:41:19 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #516: Dec 16, 2018 06:42:21 pm
      On about Lukaku. He never touched it. If some of you lot can wear rose tinted glasses then I'm dam sure I can from time to time  :lmao:
      It was offside because united striker was affecting play, he ran before the ball was kicked forcing Alisson to react differently than if he were absent. He went for the ball, it's enough.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #517: Dec 16, 2018 06:43:23 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      Reply #518: Dec 16, 2018 06:43:34 pm

Are you suggesting the goal should have been given out of sympathy for lukaku having the reactions of a sloth on acid?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #519: Dec 16, 2018 06:43:55 pm

I saw that supporter Booing Young and its simply not acceptable he really needs to swear when given the opportunity like that
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      Reply #520: Dec 16, 2018 06:44:54 pm

What is the guy doing? Calling the pigeons to sh*t in young's mouth
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #521: Dec 16, 2018 06:45:08 pm
      It was all good obviously but Fabinho's performance was special. He's arrived and not in some easy home banker, and against our greatest rivals. That makes a big statement.

And what's so impressive is he is looking for that killer ball..he is looking for a positive ball...and he is doing this BEFORE he gets the ball...he's looking round to see where the front 3 are. This is a clever midfield player.

I obviously looked at him in earlier games and stuff but this is the first time that I could really see the vision, Fabinho the passer, orchestrating things. Going to be hard to leave him out.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #522: Dec 16, 2018 06:46:09 pm
      Are you suggesting the goal should have been given out of sympathy for lukaku having the reactions of a sloth on acid?
      It's the Ferguson affect, United fans are so used to getting dodgy goals.. but now he's retired and the referees are acting normal towards United.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,853 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #523: Dec 16, 2018 06:46:31 pm

I'm suggesting coz I'm wearing rose tinted glasses it was a perfectly good goal.  :f_whistle: Not that it would of changed outcome of the game though.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #524: Dec 16, 2018 06:47:33 pm
      What is the guy doing? Calling the pigeons to sh*t in young's mouth
      originally in though wooing, but perhaps booing.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #525: Dec 16, 2018 06:48:56 pm
      I couldn't give less than 8 out of 10 to any player tonight. those coming in especially Lovren and Clyne did so well yes they made mistakes but Clyne has not played any level of football for years and he did ever so well today well done to all of the but how good does the future look for our midfield they are F***ing scary and could easily destroy teams this season
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      Reply #526: Dec 16, 2018 06:49:01 pm
      I'm suggesting coz I'm wearing rose tinted glasses it was a perfectly good goal.  :f_whistle: Not that it would of changed outcome of the game though.

Fair play Keith.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,979 posts | 511 
      Reply #527: Dec 16, 2018 06:49:12 pm
      Totally dominated them. Don't know what Carragher and Neville were going on about in the 2nd half, where the game was supposedly going the way Utd wanted it. It was one way traffic, we were piling on the pressure, and I always felt like we would score sooner or later. (We need to stop taking those out swinging corners though - have never understood that. Think it must just be cos it saves a player having to come all the way across the pitch to take it.)

Very good performance that would have been even more comfortable if we hadn't gifted them a goal. The fact we can do that and still win pretty easily shows the gap between us and them now.

Gave MOTM to Fab. Other contenders were Robbo ( as usual), Mane, Gini, Shaq for his goals. Well done to Clyne as well after a long while out. Not sure why so many on here don't like him, but he could still be very handy to have this season with a few injuries now at the back.

Hell of a good week for us, and this season is looking very promising.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #528: Dec 16, 2018 06:51:41 pm
      Don't worry Keith, we'll thresh Wolves and that will give United a better chance of finishing 6th. You guys might even get in the Europa League! You can thank us Friday.

Quick Reply