Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (1.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      13 (8.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      82 (52.6%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (2.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      47 (30.1%)

Total Members Voted: 154

Voting closed: Dec 20, 2018 05:50:57 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 35097 times
      Shanks Red Pony
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts | 16 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Dec 16, 2018 07:18:13 pm
      You've known me long enough I don't hide win or lose, unlike some  :f_whistle: ;D Once again no arguments with the result dispite 2 goals defected and a goal disallowed from our side. Liverpool proved what we knew before kick off! Your simply the better side this year.

Top man. Few of u about. Take a bow.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #553: Dec 16, 2018 07:19:33 pm
      Know the rules of the game, its cut and dried, are you saying that was a a disallowed goal, or just being a WUM.
      I thought you knew the game mate

I do know the game. Your obviously not aware of what rose tinted glasses means.  :f_doh:

Definition of WUM! A United  fan who comes on a Liverpool forum when you get beat. You lose today???
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #554: Dec 16, 2018 07:23:06 pm
      Very surprised to see Robbo with so few votes. Lost count of the amount of times he got us up the pitch today. Thought he was excellent - just a shame about those f**king corners.

Fabinho was also very good, especially in that first 30.

What a result. Feels like a long time coming over that lot.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #555: Dec 16, 2018 07:23:24 pm
      I do know the game. Your obviously not aware of what rose tinted glasses means.  :f_doh:

WUM it is then, seasons greetings then bud
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #556: Dec 16, 2018 07:24:44 pm
      On about Lukaku. He never touched it. If some of you lot can wear rose tinted glasses then I'm dam sure I can from time to time  :lmao:

In the f**king Cafe maybe. Weirdo.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #557: Dec 16, 2018 07:24:52 pm
      Great Result !

I understand the votes for Fabinho and I'm pleased for him. There was a bit of doubt a few months ago.

I went for VvD.  Bossed Lukaku all game and kept the defence organised.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #558: Dec 16, 2018 07:25:08 pm
      Very surprised to see Robbo with so few votes. Lost count of the amount of times he got us up the pitch today. Thought he was excellent - just a shame about those f**king corners.

Fabinho was also very good, especially in that first 30.

What a result. Feels like a long time coming over that lot.

Just said the same in his player thread.

Teams are setting up to try to man mark our left back......inject that into my veins 💉
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #559: Dec 16, 2018 07:26:08 pm
      Must admit as a Mourhino fan I'm struggling at moment. Moaning won't get me anywhere though as so just running on the pain factor.  :-\ He won't be going anywhere till least end of season though so will grin and bear it (( not that I have a choice  ;D ))

Still think he's the right man for United?

(He he for me of course)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #560: Dec 16, 2018 07:27:25 pm
      Still think he's the right man for United?

(He he for me of course)

Please please will you settle for no comment.  :couch:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #561: Dec 16, 2018 07:27:37 pm

I think these performances are just the norm for Robbo now, he’s boss every week. He’s definitely our most consistent player IMO, and that is no easy feat given how good players have been.
      As you say though, just a shame about his delivery today.

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #562: Dec 16, 2018 07:31:38 pm
      Brilliant result that and good to get one over on those cu*ts.

We really look like a proper serious team these days. No matter the challenge or team, we find a way and always look assured in how we go about our business. Something special building here.
      Harrisimo

• 8,223 posts | 1387 
      Reply #563: Dec 16, 2018 07:36:59 pm

Definition of WUM! A United  fan who comes on a Liverpool forum when you get beat. You lose today???

I would ask you..one question..what's the problem with Pogba?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #564: Dec 16, 2018 07:39:19 pm

Can only guesstimate as a fan. He's down tools for Mourhino. I still believe he's world class for his position.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #565: Dec 16, 2018 07:39:43 pm
      Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United: Jürgen Klopp's reaction

Jürgen Klopp reflected on ‘a nearly perfect night’ after Liverpool beat Manchester United 3-1 on Sunday.

The Reds produced a dominant performance versus Jose Mourinho’s team to return to the top of the table and extend their unbeaten start to the Premier League season to 17 matches.

Sadio Mane’s superb finish put Klopp’s side ahead in the 24th minute, but United drew level before half-time thanks to Jesse Lingard.

However, Xherdan Shaqiri struck twice in the space of nine minutes after coming on as a second-half substitute to secure a deserved victory.

Read on for a transcript of Klopp’s post-match press conference…

On how pleased he was with his players…

Very! Very, very, very. The brilliant start was one of the best performances we had since I’m in Liverpool, to be honest, not only this season. The first half an hour was outstanding, outstanding. We scored only once but I don’t think anyone expects to score three, four, five times or whatever. How we played was just perfect, really. We tried to pass in the right areas, we accelerated, we wanted the ball back, we played in behind the line, stuff like that. It was just good. Then after half an hour we lost the momentum of the game a little bit, they scored and it was a bit more open. I had no problem with the half-time whistle, honestly, and then we could adjust a few things. It was not that I thought then that Untied was manning the game or whatever, but it was just a bit more open. Then they changed and when Fellaini is on the pitch it is never a good sign for the other team, to be honest, because these balls are really difficult to defend. But we did even that really well tonight. So, we stayed in the game, got the dominance back step by step and then Shaq closed the game. Unbelievable, it’s really nice and I think absolutely deserved tonight. You need a bit of luck, what we needed for both goals with the deflections, but bringing the situations, having these moments, that was football, huh? The first goal: what a goal, what a goal. It was brilliant and exactly like they have to do it – fantastic pass, super control and a fantastic finish, that’s how it should be. It was a nearly perfect night for us.

On another relentless display by Andy Robertson and whether the left-back is ‘symbolic of the growth’ of his side…

If you want, yes. So what we did today was change it a little bit. We brought Sadio on the right side and Naby was in the half-space, so that’s how we opened [the game]. Man United was playing rather man-orientated, and that’s why Robbo had the space and he obviously used that really well. He’s in a good moment, honestly, and that helps as well.

Nathaniel Clyne: his first [Premier League] game of the season in mid-December and he plays with that performance. We were not one second sure that he can play the 90 minutes, [but] obviously it was no problem and he could do it. It was brilliant the way he adapted to the style and stuff like this after not being involved at all. Outstanding, and all the boys just worked so hard after the Tuesday game. So, for the moment really good and we have to carry on – that’s how it is.

On the strength of his squad…

You know that we have a really good squad, but the problem is the moment. So Dom Solanke and Divock Origi trained really well and they were not in the squad tonight. We have options offensively, kind of, but defensively we are a bit short. But today we had the solution, brilliant, and if it stays like this then good. If not, then we have to be as creative probably as Arsenal was today, they had a lot of midfielders in their last line. But for tonight we really had a proper line-up and the bench was so strong, which meant we could change from one of the most intense games of the season so far, against Napoli, we could change two midfield positions. That helps a lot, so we had fresh legs and that helps these boys.

On Fabinho’s performance…

He was outstanding, absolutely outstanding. But what I don’t like in these questions, the thing I don’t hear, is that it says something about other players as well. If you don’t mean it like that then I will still answer it. On Tuesday, we played against Napoli one of the best games of the season [versus] an outstandingly strong opponent, we played with Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum in midfield. It’s the heart and soul of the game and as long as we can make these changes, we will make these changes, that’s how it is. We had fresh legs there and if they are fresh in mind we can always go for it. Then they demand the game like Fabi did tonight, absolutely together with Gini, fantastic. Naby played so naturally smart in that half-space, because it is not easy… so it is just good. Fabinho played at the highest level, that’s true.

On the impact of Liverpool’s substitutes in recent weeks…

They all made a difference. You don’t have to score to make a difference, but of course it helps massively – especially if you are an offensive player. Shaq is such a wonderfully skilled boy that he has to have influence, that’s important. We can bring him in a half-space and if he passes the ball back to the guy who passed him the ball, it doesn’t make too much sense. He has to turn, he has to speed up, he has to change the situation, pass in behind and all that stuff. He did it. We were all a bit afraid that Clyney would shoot in the moment Shaq came! If Clyney would have scored tonight it would have been a real celebration! Being then in the finishing moments in the box, or around at least, that helps massively. 

You could see the game felt good for the boys. We spoke last week, the Napoli game away was never our game – the whole 90 minutes, we were never in the game. We tried to change things but never got the momentum back. Tonight, again, we had quieter moments but we never lost the momentum or the sense we could get it back and play again.

On how he manages his squad to keep players happy…

I cannot keep players happy; you are happy or not happy, you understand it or you don’t understand it. I think the boys understand it. If you are happy because we all treat you like you’ve played the last 500 games then it is easy to be happy because we never make a difference. Rotation, changing line-ups in an intense period, there are two opportunities – you play all the time until you are injured, or you have to manage games. These are the only two possibilities to play all the time. It is the Premier League, we cannot manage games. We do it a bit in the centre-half position if you are 4-0 up or whatever, then it is not that intense anymore, we keep the ball. In all offensive positions and midfield positions, there is no chance to manage a game for me, so that means we have to make changes. In an ideal world, we would make these changes before the boys are injured. 

Then there are specific jobs to do against specific opponents – you need somebody for the half-space, you need somebody between the lines, you need somebody for the runs in behind and stuff like that. A big squad is not there to make each member of the squad happy, it is to give everybody the opportunity to show that he should play. If you don’t show that then you have not even an opportunity anymore, to be honest, and we don’t have to think about it. In the best case, everybody is 100 per cent fit and performs at the highest level. 

The best example of that is Nathaniel Clyne. Since I am in, he played [close to] 100 or something games or so, then he got a bad injury and then he was out. It doesn’t help. In this moment, Trent came out, Joe got injured and stuff like that. Life and the situation changed. You can train at the highest level and you have still to wait. Is that nice? No. Is it a job? Yes. Because Clyney did that and trained at a really high level, he could perform like he performed tonight, which was just amazing.

On the impact of Manchester City’s win against Everton yesterday on Liverpool’s preparations…

We ignored it completely. I cannot say we passed [the test of winning after City won] because we didn’t think about. I didn’t mention it one time. We are not silly, we know the table. Are you focused on it or not? I said it before, we played tonight Man United – and not against United and City. That’s the only way I know and we really didn’t speak about it. I think that already helps. It’s not that they win and then we come together, train and say: ‘Did you see what City did?’ We are focused on our game and we will see where it leads us to. 

If there a moment in the end of the season when we’re still around them and we have to think about [them] and start hoping they drop points, maybe – I don’t know today. In the moment we respect them a lot, they respect us, and we have to win football games against all the others. Then we meet on January 3 again and then we think about City a lot.

Offal
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #566: Dec 16, 2018 07:42:40 pm
      Please please will you settle for no comment.  :couch:

OOO Jd released you :) Fair play to be here after that performance!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6708 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #567: Dec 16, 2018 07:43:51 pm
      Get the f**k in

Just got to work, look whats happening around here but will be back soon to comment.

You f**king beauty!!!

Sucked in you Manc Cu*ts
      Harrisimo

• 8,223 posts | 1387 
      Reply #568: Dec 16, 2018 07:46:24 pm

OK you don't know..I get that.

He's a great player..he knows it...we know it..he's almost saying I'm a great player..you know it..and I know it...and Souness touched on this........the problem is he just doesn't realise that every single time you set foot on the pitch as a great player...you have to PROVE it...week in week out..and all real great players do that..they prove it..week in week out or bust a gut trying.

It's actually a common problem with very good/great players...their reputation goes before them...and that's the point when they think..that's enough. Pogba is doing exactly that...sometimes from the off...sometimes in the first half or later...he is going into sulk mode..I'm great and I don't have to prove it...well Actually Paul..you do have to prove it.
      Harrisimo

• 8,223 posts | 1387 
      Reply #569: Dec 16, 2018 07:56:37 pm
      Can only guesstimate as a fan. He's down tools for Mourhino. I still believe he's world class for his position.

Great player do not " down tools" because they don't get on with the manager. They play and perform because they respect their talent and they respect the game and the fans.

We've had few here, only got to look at them and yer can see it..Pogba might as well have a big neon sign on his head..I'm Paul Pogba...great player..and don't you forget it..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #570: Dec 16, 2018 08:05:41 pm
      seeing a Manc on here tonight just isn't right. That was the most one sided game since the mid 70's they are almost relegation fodder.
      The gulf in class is just huge and Maureen is the perfect man for UTS the deserve each other
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #571: Dec 16, 2018 08:13:15 pm
      Great player do not " down tools" because they don't get on with the manager. They play and perform because they respect their talent and they respect the game and the fans.

We've had few here, only got to look at them and yer can see it..Pogba might as well have a big neon sign on his head..I'm Paul Pogba...great player..and don't you forget it..

I've said many many times though the French do have attitude problem in English Football. And yes, great players do we know that. What can you do though if he has down tools as a manager? I think he's pretty much saying sell me.  :'(
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #572: Dec 16, 2018 08:15:20 pm
      seeing a Manc on here tonight just isn't right. That was the most one sided game since the mid 70's they are almost relegation fodder.
      The gulf in class is just huge and Maureen is the perfect man for UTS the deserve each other

You want me to leave?  If I go some say I'm hiding, if I stay and take the banter it's wrong??
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #573: Dec 16, 2018 08:17:15 pm
      Master substitution by Jürgen Klopp , to give us a well deserved three points.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #574: Dec 16, 2018 08:18:11 pm
      OK you don't know..I get that.

He's a great player..he knows it...we know it..he's almost saying I'm a great player..you know it..and I know it...and Souness touched on this........the problem is he just doesn't realise that every single time you set foot on the pitch as a great player...you have to PROVE it...week in week out..and all real great players do that..they prove it..week in week out or bust a gut trying.

It's actually a common problem with very good/great players...their reputation goes before them...and that's the point when they think..that's enough. Pogba is doing exactly that...sometimes from the off...sometimes in the first half or later...he is going into sulk mode..I'm great and I don't have to prove it...well Actually Paul..you do have to prove it.

All makes sense Harrisimo, sadly apart from giving in to him what can a manager do. Basically Pogba saying its me or you.

Quick Reply