Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (1.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      13 (8.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      82 (52.6%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (2.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      47 (30.1%)

Total Members Voted: 154

Voting closed: Dec 20, 2018 05:50:57 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34568 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Dec 17, 2018 07:56:28 am
      A day after.. Still buzzing..

Just saw the sun rise a deep Liverpool red
       :kop5cf8koxp6:

Same. Is an errection suppose to last this long?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #622: Dec 17, 2018 08:47:40 am
      Same. Is an errection suppose to last this long?
      Depends on the strength of the little blue one I suppose 😁
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #623: Dec 17, 2018 08:52:44 am
      850 miles clocked up this week following the reds but worth every fckin mile , that treck down the m6 in the rain last night knowing we’d just dufffed them fckers up was quite a happy drive , not even the 30 mph zone could dampen the spirits ,
      Good times to be a red happy Monday everyone .
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #624: Dec 17, 2018 08:56:14 am
      Something else I thought about after watching the match a 2nd time, the training sessions that Jürgen and staff put on must be top notch. I'm thinking of how a Nathaniel Clyne can come on after being out of the lineup for so long and just immediately blend in and do a good job. We saw this a few weeks ago from Joel Matip. Our squad are being prepared at such a high level. Yes it's what is expected, but to see us playing at such a high level, to work so well together no matter who is in the starting XI, they must really get good tutoring on the training ground.

This - even the midfield, changing completely from Napoli yet the quality remains.

What a squad.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #625: Dec 17, 2018 09:28:51 am
      The good thing about the present side, it can only improve. Like I have said before, just needs a trophy or two.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #626: Dec 17, 2018 09:45:36 am
      Still buzzing after last night. Particularly impressed with four players who didn't drop the ball.

Lovren - finally the ball playing CB has appeared.
      Clyne - not looked out of place at all.
      Fabinho - was everywhere, defended at midfield and facilitated passages of play by playing balls forward. He even had and assist. My MOTM.
      Keita - kept driving forward at their defence. Something we didn't previously have.

Everyone's looking good and top of the league. Happy days.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #627: Dec 17, 2018 10:03:07 am
      I understand why people voted for Fab he was excellent really finding his touch now nd his reading of the game is spot on.
      I voted for Shaq because he changed the game he brought a positivity about him and he did change and win the game for us.
      I cant really criticise any player they all contributed to the win and we seem to be turning into a team that can find a way to win in a variety of different ways.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #628: Dec 17, 2018 10:21:12 am
      https://gfycat.com/SeparateIllinformedIcelandichorse

Mane pushing Lukaku for their offside goal.
       :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #629: Dec 17, 2018 11:13:45 am
      Game was at 3am work at 6.30am

Stoned as a Mother f**ker and the only thing keeping my eye lids open is the possibility of some Manc c**t crossing my path at work.

Get the f**k in!!!

Also, Keith you can stay mate, just make sure you read every single post in this thread.  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Less of the Manc c**t you scouse tw*t.  :lmao: Are there many manc cu*ts down under?  The match went pretty much as planned. Didn't expect anything out of it. Pity I let my heart rule my head though as got the prediction right 3-1. However, just couldn't put you cu*ts down for a win as it goes against the grain when your playing us.  ;D

Ps. Pretty sure the hangover before work worth every bit of it though.  :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #630: Dec 17, 2018 12:18:36 pm
      Less of the Manc c**t you scouse tw*t.  :lmao: Are there many manc cu*ts down under?  The match went pretty much as planned. Didn't expect anything out of it. Pity I let my heart rule my head though as got the prediction right 3-1. However, just couldn't put you cu*ts down for a win as it goes against the grain when your playing us.  ;D

Ps. Pretty sure the hangover before work worth every bit of it though.  :D
      Keith, Midtable Uniturd is the new name for your club.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #631: Dec 17, 2018 12:47:15 pm
      F***ing comical it is, the mancs and the manc media are spouting sh*t about 2 of our goals were by way of rebounds!?
      Their solitary goal was by way of a rebound off Alisson's knee ffs.
      No mention of they had no answer to our amazing attacking play and them being beaten by a better side.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #632: Dec 17, 2018 12:51:21 pm
      Media watch:

City beat them 3-1: "Wonderful", "Privilege to watch", "44 pass move", "League over".

We beat them 3-1: "the mancs were crap".

It was the first 4pm ko at home against them since 17 December 1995. Clearly the bizzies are ok with later ko times nowadays. For the last 23 years, they've wanted every home game over with asap. 

Wouldn't blame Alisson for their goal, it hit off his knee by accident. The first goal we scored was a joy to behold. Firmino starting the move, Fabinho chipping the ball in, and clinical finish from Mane. It was such a good goal that during a break in play, I went back to look at it again. When I rejoined the live action, the score had changed, and the momentum we generated vanished. It looked like a 1-1 snoozefest as the second half went on, when we kept taking ambitious pot shots from outside the box. Jürgen came up with the goods and once again, made a sub that worked. Once we regained the lead, it was a stroll in the park after that.

For all the manc propaganda in the media, that it's our "first win over them in 4 years", it's actually our first win over them since...July 28 in Detroit. People told us then the win didn't matter, and probably still will, instead it was an indication (as pre-season form often is) of not just how this game would go but how the season itself would play out, with us kicking on, and third season syndrome setting in over there. With 7 goals against them in 2 games, now we go into February looking for the hat trick. So from being w/o in the title race by every pundit in the game, as recently as the beginning of this month, we have the chance to go 4 points clear next weekend.

The talk before this game, was a calculator check on how many trophies Jürgen has won compared to them, but we've come a long way from celebrating the nicking of a 2-2 draw against West Brom three years ago, and even further since having to come from 2 goals down to nick a point at home to Hull in 2008. He isn't under "pressure" from us to win us a trophy, we know he will, it's just a question of when. We've needed the patience of job to endure the past 28 years, so we'll wait as long as he needs, to bring us back to where we belong.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #633: Dec 17, 2018 12:56:12 pm
      I have just read an article by Andy Robertson in the L.F.C. December magazine.He says Jürgen prefers to put 11 against 11 on the training pitch  and not just forwards against defenders.As our results show the training regime is working well.

Interesting. I remember reading something earlier about the midweek training "match" being the toughest match of the weekk, even though it's typically only 45 or 60 minutes.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #634: Dec 17, 2018 01:04:11 pm
      Totally dominant from start to finish, with maybe the 15 mins after gifting them the goal the only flat part of the match for us.

That midfield 3 should start every big match for me, with Shaq starting in some of the matches we expect to win (kind of expect us to win EVERY match at the moment though!).

Momentum really starting to build now and need to continue against Wolves on Friday, Newcastle Boxing Day (I'll be there  ;D) and Arsenal to round the year off.  City should win all 3 before year-end, so we'll need to match that to retain to spot before we go to the Etihad for the crunch game early in the New Year.

Good times....

skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #635: Dec 17, 2018 01:09:53 pm
      F***ing comical it is, the mancs and the manc media are spouting sh*t about 2 of our goals were by way of rebounds!?
      No mention of they had no answer to our amazing attacking play and them being beaten by a better side.
      36 shots on goal tells the story a bit better than the 3-1 scoreline.  You wouldn't expect that many shots on goal in a pre-season friendly against a Salvation Army 11 ffs!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #636: Dec 17, 2018 02:25:35 pm
      36 shots on goal tells the story a bit better than the 3-1 scoreline.  You wouldn't expect that many shots on goal in a pre-season friendly against a Salvation Army 11 ffs!!

Exactly.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #637: Dec 17, 2018 03:05:10 pm
      Keith, Midtable Uniturd is the new name for your club.

Well you've had that title for donkey years so was due a change  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #638: Dec 17, 2018 03:06:37 pm

Not this Manc!  Already said you lads by far the best side. Despite your two deflections  :f_whistle: ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #639: Dec 17, 2018 03:20:40 pm

Classic PR Stuey.

Deflection tactics ;)  :f_whistle:
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #640: Dec 17, 2018 03:47:52 pm

Aye, i'm amazed that when Maureen said this the Reporter didn't mention that the possibility for deflection goes up a touch when you allow the opposition to have a whopping 36 shots in the game!

Only Allisson failed to have a shot!!!!!!! It's hilarious!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #641: Dec 17, 2018 04:04:36 pm

its the season of goodwill you have to give them something anything to cling on to
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #642: Dec 17, 2018 04:26:19 pm
      Our intensity did for them. The pace was just to hot. They had nothing left and were well beaten. Shaq popped up in the right position. We played some great stuff all the way and slight problem for Shaq is he might've played his way from the side onto the bench...it's usually the other way round..
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #643: Dec 17, 2018 04:32:13 pm
      Our intensity did for them. The pace was just to hot. They had nothing left and were well beaten. Shaq popped up in the right position. We played some great stuff all the way and slight problem for Shaq is he might've played his way from the side onto the bench...it's usually the other way round..

Shaq completely changed the game for us. The past few minutes to him coming on you could see and sense our frustration from not being able to break them down and resorting to long shots well outside the box from our CBs. Props to Klopp for seeing this and quickly bringing in Shaq, who completely changed the tune of the game.

Quick Reply