Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (1.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      13 (8.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      82 (52.6%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (2.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      47 (30.1%)

Total Members Voted: 154

Voting closed: Dec 20, 2018 05:50:57 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34582 times
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Dec 17, 2018 04:56:02 pm
      Less of the Manc c**t you scouse tw*t.  :lmao: Are there many manc cu*ts down under?  The match went pretty much as planned. Didn't expect anything out of it. Pity I let my heart rule my head though as got the prediction right 3-1. However, just couldn't put you cu*ts down for a win as it goes against the grain when your playing us.  ;D

Ps. Pretty sure the hangover before work worth every bit of it though.  :D

There's quite a few of them in Perth. You cant exactly blame them from wanting to get as far away from Manchester as possible. :f_tongueincheek:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #645: Dec 17, 2018 05:24:40 pm
      Noticed that even Maureen commented on how Andy is just a machine but he is our machine
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #646: Dec 17, 2018 05:24:44 pm
      I feel much like the match mid-week vs Napoli that again we put in a great performance though this time we were able to put in a couple of more goals but overall in a week where we had two difficult and important matches we come through and hopefully we can use the momentum from these matches to have successful festive period where games will be coming quick.

I thought Fabinho/Gini in the middle had a great showing, controlled the game well, moved the ball and covered the full back when they pushed up. Firmino had very effective game after a few not so great showing, he was linking play well and in the middle of a lot of our attacks. Nice to see Clyne put in a decent shift at RB after such a long layoff as well because we are going to need him for the next few weeks while TAA and Gomez are out with injury.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #647: Dec 17, 2018 05:49:39 pm
      There's quite a few of them in Perth. You cant exactly blame them from wanting to get as far away from Manchester as possible. :f_tongueincheek:

Really! I find it very interesting.  On what % mancs & Scousers? Take it your from down under too then? 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #648: Dec 17, 2018 05:59:37 pm
      must have seen the goals 20 times or more and they are just so satisfying to see time and time again especially against  a mid table team going one way down the league.
      It was such a one sided affair despite only being 3-1 the result did not tell the story of the gulf in class and in attitude. Only one team played for the manager the club and themselves .
      Wolves next and a chance to go 4 clear before City play but Wolves are no UTD they play good football and will prove a stiff test.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #649: Dec 17, 2018 06:52:53 pm
      Complete build up of 2nd goal.

https://streamable.com/jmbay

Source - Reddit.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #650: Dec 17, 2018 06:54:50 pm
      Really! I find it very interesting.  On what % mancs & Scousers? Take it your from down under too then? 
      There's heaps of them here in Sydney probably split 50-50 with Liverpool fans.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #651: Dec 17, 2018 07:18:12 pm
      Difference is you could have a convo about football with a Liverpool fan in Aus.

But ask a supposed Manc fan who their favourite player is and they shrug or say Beckham. tw*ts :D

Liverpool and Leeds are the two main fanbases down here that are genuine. Rest are plastic wankers.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #652: Dec 17, 2018 07:27:57 pm
      Yeah agree. Not that I have a problem with it but there's a huge Asian following behind United down here and a lot jumped on the glory bandwagon.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #653: Dec 17, 2018 07:37:53 pm
      There's heaps of them here in Sydney probably split 50-50 with Liverpool fans.

Unbelievable  :o I didn't realise They were so big on English football. So basically down under your a Manc or scouser? No Chavs? City? Spurs Arsenal apart from possibly the minority.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #654: Dec 17, 2018 07:45:16 pm
      Unbelievable  :o I didn't realise They were so big on English football. So basically down under your a Manc or scouser? No Chavs? City? Spurs Arsenal apart from possibly the minority.

There’s fans of every big club down here. Arsenal have good support, so do Chelsea. Lot of the new age hipsters follow Spurs.

But, without a lie, I get genuinely surprised seeing an Everton kit. I’ve seen less than a dozen in my life time.

Edit: to add, I’ve spoken to even less than a dozen Everton fans. They don’t exist or they hide it from shame.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #655: Dec 17, 2018 07:55:17 pm
      Yeah agree. Not that I have a problem with it but there's a huge Asian following behind United down here and a lot jumped on the glory bandwagon.

I get more fascinated the more Intel you give about your country. I just imagined it's full of Aussie reds.  :D I'm obviously very blinkered as I don't follow news like I used to as it's always sad/bad/killings I prefer to be ignorant of what's going on in the world these days.   :-\

To be fair the glory band wagon been going for over 20 years so plenty support us as you know.

I sometimes think / believe out of sight, out of mind so therefore doesn't get me down.
      Asian following as well.  :o  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: to all my Asian friends then.  ;D
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #656: Dec 17, 2018 08:10:44 pm

Ran into n Irish lad from Perth in my local after the Napoli game,was onto nyc,ireland then heading back to Australia.Do ya know him?Ha!Ha!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #657: Dec 17, 2018 08:33:59 pm
      We've got a big flatscreen on the wall in the office at work with rolling news channels on.
      Today, we had bbc news ch on and every hour, the footage of the goals, Jurgens colgate smile and Maureens miserable face kept appearing out of the corner of my eye... :laugh:
      The two manc fans in our office kept dead quiet and looked so depressed all day.. :laugh:
      The two of them weren't even interested in the live CL draw at 11 this morning... :o

Convincing win and performance to match, Just need to work on corner taking !!  ;D
      Clyne played great.. I forgot how quick his pace is down the wing, blended in well like he'd played loads of times this season.
      Plus, every throw-in he took, he threw it forward. :celebrate:

:kop5cf8koxp6:

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #658: Dec 17, 2018 10:10:38 pm
      still got this really satisfying smile on my face. Not so much the win yesterday but the performance and destruction of UTD.
      3=1 flattered them it could have been so much more
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #659: Dec 17, 2018 10:43:15 pm
      The massive attention man ure get from the media does grate. Watched Sunday Supplement on Sunday (funnily enough) probably for the last time because when they finally got around to talking about the game (spent 2 segments talking about racism and anti-semitism) there was hardly a mention of Liverpool all Utd. They did the same the one before the champions league final, we barely got a mention. Admittedly I think it was 2 weeks before the game but you can imagine the coverage Utd would have got. I get that they have a massive following and stories on Utd = more reads than stories on anyone else, especially negative ones but bloody hell just a bit of perspective please
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #660: Dec 17, 2018 10:47:42 pm
      The massive attention man ure get from the media does grate. Watched Sunday Supplement on Sunday (funnily enough) probably for the last time because when they finally got around to talking about the game (spent 2 segments talking about racism and anti-semitism) there was hardly a mention of Liverpool all Utd. They did the same the one before the champions league final, we barely got a mention. Admittedly I think it was 2 weeks before the game but you can imagine the coverage Utd would have got. I get that they have a massive following and stories on Utd = more reads than stories on anyone else, especially negative ones but bloody hell just a bit of perspective please

Doesn’t bother me. The less said about us means less external noise to worry about. We can go about doing our thing while they squabble over United’s demise and City’s supposed destiny to win the league.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #661: Dec 17, 2018 11:01:27 pm

sh*t loads of you cu*ts here in Melbourne but I haven't seen them this Season!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #662: Dec 17, 2018 11:07:42 pm
      Sh*t loads of you cu*ts here in Melbourne but I haven't seen them this Season!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

w**ker  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #663: Dec 17, 2018 11:25:11 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #664: Dec 17, 2018 11:27:22 pm

Merry Christmas down under.  ;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #665: Dec 18, 2018 02:48:19 am
      Man United are lucky they ain't one of Fergie's horses.  Would have been put out of their misery by now.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #666: Dec 18, 2018 10:23:29 am
      Gutted they bloody sacked him! Boooooo

Quick Reply