Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Wolves V Liverpool (21/12/18 - 20:00)

Read 14434 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Pre-Match: Wolves V Liverpool (21/12/18 - 20:00)
      Reply #23: Dec 18, 2018 11:25:04 pm
      Just win.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #24: Dec 18, 2018 11:28:33 pm
      Their best attacking player in Jota went off injured last game, didn't he? I can't see him being available on Friday.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #25: Dec 18, 2018 11:41:02 pm
      Like many of you I’d expect to see some rotation for this one. Our Christmas culminated with a trip to City on 3rd Jan so the squad has to be trusted. Think we’ll see Studge start this one plus a completely new midfield three. I wouldn’t touch the back four.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26: Dec 18, 2018 11:42:38 pm
      Wolves made a bright start to the season but we should be able to beat them I think.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #27: Dec 19, 2018 12:07:44 am
      Hope we don't fall into the trap Dortmund did tonight. Unbeaten, playing against a newly promoted team and rotated. Result: not unbeaten anymore
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28: Dec 19, 2018 12:33:27 am
      The  next two  match lineups set up with an eye toward the Arsenal match, where we likely will play our strongest available lineup. I think these next two matches Jürgen will make changes at eight positions (some in the first match and some in the second). Something like this:

Wolves
      A. Becker
      Clyne, Lovren, Virgil, Robbo
      Fabinho, Keita, Milner
      Origi, Firmino, Salah

Newcastle
      A. Becker
      Trent, Lovren, Virgil, Moreno
      Henderson, Gini, Lallana
      Shaquiri, Sturridge, Mane (really think if Shaq starts it's as a forward, not an attacking mid. Shaq and Sturridge are best against bus parkers)

Arsenal (and Man City)
      A. Becker
      Trent, Lovren, Virgil, Robbo
      Fabinho, Gini, Keita
      Salah, Firmino, Mane

We're still looking at three matches in 7-8 days, so rotation is still important. Then the FA Cup match vs. Wolves after picking the same team in two consecutive matches, Jürgen can rotate again.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #29: Dec 19, 2018 04:34:17 am
      Fabinho completely bossed that mancs game from the first minute. I'd definitely keep him in for this one to keep his momentum and confidence going.

I think he is one of the main reasons we were practically camped in the mancs half and he'll do the same again against this lot.

Agree also with the earlier post by bmck that Fabinho is ahead of Hendo now for selection.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #30: Dec 19, 2018 04:40:15 am
      I wouldn't change anything,  keep the same X1 that dealt with that other mid-table outfit 3-1,
      Wolves will give us a bigger test but we're still much better than them and should cope without too many problems,

Their game will suit us, if they come out all blood N thunder we'll just pick them off on the counter, if they sit in we'll control and dominate , can't see us losing any points here although it certainly won't be easy.

0-2 Champions Elect

YNWA
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #31: Dec 19, 2018 06:28:47 am
      I hope we don't take these lot lightly after the weekend heroics. We can't afford to draw or lose this match. Another must win so they should be treated with respect. As long as we win, I don't care what the score is. I say 2-1 to the mighty red men.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #32: Dec 19, 2018 07:20:46 am
      He wouldn’t be dropped - rested , rotation

Ha ha it’s the same thing i.e benched.

Resting Wijnaldum at home is fine but a tough away match against a team in form (3 successive wins?) would just make life harder - he’s in red hot form.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #33: Dec 19, 2018 08:59:03 am
      I think as this run continues the games do get tougher and this will be a tough one if we are less than at our best.
      The lads must be buzzing at the moment the last couple of weeks have been exceptionally good.
      Looking forward as always to seeing the lads if we play football like we did in the first 30 mins against UTD I may have to record it and play it back on slowmo there was just too much to take in.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #34: Dec 19, 2018 09:05:48 am
      One thing I think we can all agree on.
      It's not that long ago that if we didn't play our first XI we worried about a talent drop off.
      On this thread alone there's been a number of combinations picked and we'd be content to let any of them go out and represent the Reds.
      Future's so bright I gotta wear shades!!!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #35: Dec 19, 2018 09:23:38 am

Win and we go four points clear before City play Palace the following day.

We need to take maximum points in our three remaining December games so we can go into the City game ahead of them still. 0-3 Reds!!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 751 
      Reply #36: Dec 19, 2018 09:37:39 am
      Wolves playing pretty well recently, although the Reds should prove too strong. Need to keep up the momentum, I am going for a 2  0 away win.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37: Dec 19, 2018 09:50:09 am

We need to take maximum points in our three remaining December games so we can go into the City game ahead of them still. 0-3 Reds!!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Nah, I heard Henderson would rather start against Newcastle  :f_whistle:
      Nothing against Henderson, but I want to keep the same midfield we had against United. Wolves are no walkovers and 5 days is plenty of rest. Rotation isn't needed yet. Henderson is also untested with Fabinho, they should be rotated not played together. Rest of the line up I agree.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38: Dec 19, 2018 10:00:49 am
         Think for he Wolves game I would go                                                   

Alisson

Clyne       Lovern         VVD     Moreno

Henderson   
                                                         Keita                          Milner

Mo                 Firmino               Mane

Or you go

Alisson

Henderson   
                                                           Shaqiri                   Keita                         

Origi                Mo            Mane

Give Firmino and Robertson a rest with both the Newcastle and Arsenal game in mind

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #39: Dec 19, 2018 10:08:43 am
         Think for he Wolves game I would go                                                   

Alisson

Henderson   
                                                         Keita                          Milner

Mo                 Firmino               Mane

Or you go

Alisson

Henderson   
                                                           Shaqiri                   Keita                         

Origi                Mo            Mane

Give Firmino and Robertson a rest with both the Newcastle and Arsenal game in mind

Do people realise Wolves are a good team? They’re one of the in-form teams in the league.

It’s an away game

It’s live across the world Friday night

This is a proper pressure game and potential banana skin. We have to go all out and play the best possible 11.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #40: Dec 19, 2018 10:43:42 am

I like that side for this one too.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #41: Dec 19, 2018 10:54:41 am
      Ha ha it’s the same thing i.e benched.

Resting Wijnaldum at home is fine but a tough away match against a team in form (3 successive wins?) would just make life harder - he’s in red hot form.

It’s not the same thing at all - players get dropped or benched when they are playing poorly etc etc   Klopp will be resting and rotating and for the players they will understand the difference
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #42: Dec 19, 2018 10:57:02 am
      It’s not the same thing at all - players get dropped or benched when they are playing poorly etc etc   Klopp will be resting and rotating and for the players they will understand the difference

Yawn - we’re arguing about the use of word for being put on the bench?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #43: Dec 19, 2018 11:09:20 am

Jesus Christ I want Moreno nowwhere near this one. Rest Robbo at home to Toon and then back at it fort Arsenal and City.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #44: Dec 19, 2018 11:14:09 am
      Jesus Christ I want Moreno nowwhere near this one. Rest Robbo at home to Toon and then back at it fort Arsenal and City.

Exactly mate
      WolfInPeace
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #45: Dec 19, 2018 11:17:11 am
      Hi Guys,

Wolves fan here xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Just thought I'd share some of mine and Wolves fans views and thoughts towards this game. Even before the season started this game was the one that I was least looking forward to, because if even one of our defenders has an off day your attack will punish us. I was never worried about city, as we had a second team out against them in the cup last year and they didn't concede to city, as they couldn't really break us down. It hasn't been too long since we played you though, and the last time we did was a great day out as we managed a 2-1 win in the Cup at Anfield. To this day I still have no idea how, as we had a midfield trio of George Saville, Lee Evans and Dave Edwards.  ??? Seems a long time ago now that we have the Portugese duo of Ruben Neves and Moutinho who ooze class.

We've been an odd team this season, but it seems we are finding our feet. Most of you saw Jota substituted off in the last game but the news is that it was just precaution and he is training all week.
      So I'd expect our lineup to look something like this

Patricio
              Bennett    Coady     Boly
      Doherty                                Jonny
                    Neves    Moutinho
                        Gibbs-White
                   Jota          Raul

We've become more solid now that Jonny is back, who managed to earn himself a callup to the spain squad while playing for us.

My biggest worry is Matt Doherty, although he has been magnificent this season attacking, he doesn't really like getting back. And with your attacking options you could really punish us down that left hand side.

We lost to Huddersfield and Cardiff, that was when I thought it would all go pear shaped and thought Nuno was too stubborn, because teams had figured out how to beat us with out 3-4-3/5-2-3 formation. The easy way was "Mark the wingbacks and outnumber the two CM's"

However I'm glad to see Nuno lost his stubbornness and has brought a local youngster Morgan Gibbs-White in to the midfield playing behind the two strikers. MGW has been amazing, bossed the Chelsea game and well and truly made Kante look like a Sunday league player.
      I would expect Liverpool's 3 in midfield to control us, although we really do step it up against better opposition. Saw one post on here talking about a 6-0 win. I wont get my hopes up on that, although I do expect you to win. I think this is a big game for Liverpool, one that could be critical for the title race seeing as we have taken points off all the other big teams and got robbed at Spurs, and with Vincent Kompany saying he knows that all the other sides will lose points at Molineux. A 4 point gap would be amazing for you guys, but for me personally I have ALOT of Liverpool mates so bragging rights would be great!

However this season we're just finding our feet, at Wolves for us it's all about the 'project' as Klopp mentioned too in his presser. We have the youngest squad in the league with a lot of good talent. So Whilst we're sitting in 7th place which is great for our first season, we do hope to put pressure on the top 6 soon, as ridiculous as it sounds. A young manager and young stars - if we stick together who knows!

As for this game, I'm not feeling too hopeful. But if you manage to get down to Molineux for the game I guarantee you an amazing atmosphere, and the way we both play football, an amazing game as Wolves have nothing to lose and this is a free hit.

Prediction -  3-1
      Salah (2), VVD   (We zonal mark on corners and VVD could punish us)
      Jota

Quick Reply