Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Wolves V Liverpool (21/12/18 - 20:00)

Read 14454 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Pre-Match: Wolves V Liverpool (21/12/18 - 20:00)
      Reply #46: Dec 19, 2018 11:18:18 am
      Do people realise Wolves are a good team? They’re one of the in-form teams in the league.

It’s an away game

It’s live across the world Friday night

This is a proper pressure game and potential banana skin. We have to go all out and play the best possible 11.
      I am aware of all of the above, both team selections while not our strongest starting 11 are still very strong selections especially in midfield and attack with plenty of cover for the back four. I am confident in my choice....

But at the end of the day it is the team Klopp chooses which counts
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #47: Dec 19, 2018 11:19:35 am
      Win and it gives us a psychological edge of being 4 points clear..

Going to be a tough game this..
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #48: Dec 19, 2018 11:22:22 am
      Hi Guys,

Wolves fan here xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Just thought I'd share some of mine and Wolves fans views and thoughts towards this game. Even before the season started this game was the one that I was least looking forward to, because if even one of our defenders has an off day your attack will punish us. I was never worried about city, as we had a second team out against them in the cup last year and they didn't concede to city, as they couldn't really break us down. It hasn't been too long since we played you though, and the last time we did was a great day out as we managed a 2-1 win in the Cup at Anfield. To this day I still have no idea how, as we had a midfield trio of George Saville, Lee Evans and Dave Edwards.  ??? Seems a long time ago now that we have the Portugese duo of Ruben Neves and Moutinho who ooze class.

We've been an odd team this season, but it seems we are finding our feet. Most of you saw Jota substituted off in the last game but the news is that it was just precaution and he is training all week.
      So I'd expect our lineup to look something like this

Patricio
              Bennett    Coady     Boly
      Doherty                                Jonny
                    Neves    Moutinho
                        Gibbs-White
                   Jota          Raul

We've become more solid now that Jonny is back, who managed to earn himself a callup to the spain squad while playing for us.

My biggest worry is Matt Doherty, although he has been magnificent this season attacking, he doesn't really like getting back. And with your attacking options you could really punish us down that left hand side.

We lost to Huddersfield and Cardiff, that was when I thought it would all go pear shaped and thought Nuno was too stubborn, because teams had figured out how to beat us with out 3-4-3/5-2-3 formation. The easy way was "Mark the wingbacks and outnumber the two CM's"

However I'm glad to see Nuno lost his stubbornness and has brought a local youngster Morgan Gibbs-White in to the midfield playing behind the two strikers. MGW has been amazing, bossed the Chelsea game and well and truly made Kante look like a Sunday league player.
      I would expect Liverpool's 3 in midfield to control us, although we really do step it up against better opposition. Saw one post on here talking about a 6-0 win. I wont get my hopes up on that, although I do expect you to win. I think this is a big game for Liverpool, one that could be critical for the title race seeing as we have taken points off all the other big teams and got robbed at Spurs, and with Vincent Kompany saying he knows that all the other sides will lose points at Molineux. A 4 point gap would be amazing for you guys, but for me personally I have ALOT of Liverpool mates so bragging rights would be great!

However this season we're just finding our feet, at Wolves for us it's all about the 'project' as Klopp mentioned too in his presser. We have the youngest squad in the league with a lot of good talent. So Whilst we're sitting in 7th place which is great for our first season, we do hope to put pressure on the top 6 soon, as ridiculous as it sounds. A young manager and young stars - if we stick together who knows!

As for this game, I'm not feeling too hopeful. But if you manage to get down to Molineux for the game I guarantee you an amazing atmosphere, and the way we both play football, an amazing game as Wolves have nothing to lose and this is a free hit.

Prediction -  3-1
      Salah (2), VVD   (We zonal mark on corners and VVD could punish us)
      Jota

Welcome to the site mate   :)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #49: Dec 19, 2018 11:52:39 am
         Think for he Wolves game I would go                                                   

Alisson

Clyne       Lovern         VVD     Moreno

Henderson   
                                                         Keita                          Milner

Mo                 Firmino               Mane

Or you go

Alisson

Clyne       Lovern         VVD     Moreno

Henderson   
                                                           Shaqiri                   Keita                         

Origi                Mo            Mane

Give Firmino and Robertson a rest with both the Newcastle and Arsenal game in mind

Wolves are much better than Newcastle, they're around man u and Everton's level right now.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #50: Dec 19, 2018 12:15:28 pm
      Yawn - we’re arguing about the use of word for being put on the bench?

We're arguing over whether Klopp should keep using the same XI match-in, match out, when we have nine matches in 32 days, or three matches in seven days. Notice what Klopp has been doing so far during this busy stretch. Rotation. He's going to keep doing that. The question is in which match does he make which change. Nobody is saying Wolves are an easy match. As far as that goes, Newcastle is also a potential slip, every match is.

But by solid management of the lineup, JĂźrgen is keeping the group fresh for the rest of the season. We also have the huge matches vs. Arsenal and Man City at the end of it and for those you definitely want your strongest lineup like we did vs. United, so you have to rotate at some point before, and Wolves and Newcastle is when we will see that. These players, unlike the old days, are not indestructible - and there isn't nearly as much dropoff with a lot of our second XI as there once was.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #51: Dec 19, 2018 12:46:01 pm
      We're arguing over whether Klopp should keep using the same XI match-in, match out, when we have nine matches in 32 days, or three matches in seven days. Notice what Klopp has been doing so far during this busy stretch. Rotation. He's going to keep doing that. The question is in which match does he make which change. Nobody is saying Wolves are an easy match. As far as that goes, Newcastle is also a potential slip, every match is.

But by solid management of the lineup, JĂźrgen is keeping the group fresh for the rest of the season. We also have the huge matches vs. Arsenal and Man City at the end of it and for those you definitely want your strongest lineup like we did vs. United, so you have to rotate at some point before, and Wolves and Newcastle is when we will see that. These players, unlike the old days, are not indestructible - and there isn't nearly as much dropoff with a lot of our second XI as there once was.

I love Klopps rotation and think it’s amazing that we have a squad which allows him to do it.

Lallana wasn’t happy with my choice of word ‘dropped’ - that’s all I was pointing out mate. Have a read properly.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 306 posts | 43 
      Reply #52: Dec 19, 2018 01:08:39 pm
      Alisson

Clyne
      Lovren
      Van Dijk
      Robertson

Wijnaldum
      Fabinho
      Milner (c)

Salah
      Firmino
      Mane

Subs:

Mignolet
      Camacho
      Moreno
      Henderson
      Keita
      Shaqiri
      Sturridge

Would be tempted to start Shaq as his final back can be so good, but can see Milner starting in the midfield.

Think we will win this one 3-1 ⚽️😎
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #53: Dec 19, 2018 01:27:04 pm
      Should be a tough game, but i hope they come at us..

YNWA
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #54: Dec 19, 2018 01:38:15 pm
      A young manager and young stars - if we stick together who knows!

As for this game, I'm not feeling too hopeful. But if you manage to get down to Molineux for the game I guarantee you an amazing atmosphere, and the way we both play football, an amazing game as Wolves have nothing to lose and this is a free hit.

If you keep up the form you're in, you think some of those guys [eg. Neves, Moutinho] might get picked up by 'bigger' clubs? Have only seen highlights, so looking forward to seeing them in a full match. Looking at results, you seem to pick it up for bigger games, and like you say if you look as it as a free hit, could be a really good match.

Could also depend a bit on who JĂźrgen puts out, if he rests some guys, might take some edge off, remains to be seen tho. Lot of games coming up.
      Personally don't like Fri night matches, but hoping JĂźrgen will have out lads prepped and ready. Gluck! :)
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #55: Dec 19, 2018 02:21:45 pm
      Why take Fab out after his best performance of the season?

Would rest one of the front 3 in each of the next 3 games before Citeh

Back 5 picks itself
      Fab + Hendo + Milner

Shaq
      Salah Bobby
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #56: Dec 19, 2018 02:38:16 pm
      As someone suggested above, I agreed Gini should be rest and I would add Robbo too.
      Clyne did surprisingly well against ManU so if he fit he's a starter.
      Also Klopp said that Naby did well and he still learning so he need game time.

My team :

Alisson

Clyne    Lovren    VvD    Milner

Henderson   Fabinho       

Salah          Keita          Mane

Firmino                                 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #57: Dec 19, 2018 02:38:37 pm
      Strongest team for this, out of Wolves, Newcastle and the Arse this is the toughest game for us so if we need to rest then it should be against Newcastle and possibly even rotate a little bit for Arsenal so that we are fresh for Citeh.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #58: Dec 19, 2018 03:02:50 pm
      I love Klopps rotation and think it’s amazing that we have a squad which allows him to do it.

Lallana wasn’t happy with my choice of word ‘dropped’ - that’s all I was pointing out mate. Have a read properly.
      You said we must play the best possible 11. I don't think we can afford to this time for the sake of future fixtures and the rest of the season. I am glad you enjoy the rotation.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #59: Dec 19, 2018 03:23:52 pm
      After there recent run of victories, every player should be eager to start. Pick a full strength side, Wolves could well prove a far stiffer test, than a failing United team.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #60: Dec 19, 2018 03:44:46 pm
      You said we must play the best possible 11. I don't think we can afford to this time for the sake of future fixtures and the rest of the season. I am glad you enjoy the rotation.

And that’s what a forum is all about - opinion. I respect yours.

I am in the camp of best possible 11 and that 100% includes in the main man Wijnaldum.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #61: Dec 19, 2018 04:36:23 pm
      I'm more concerned about this one than the game against the manc lot.Hopefully we channel the Spirit of 76. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gha8d3i9HuM.       
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtxovZDo14o
      Gonna be a rainy friday in Boston big screen at the pub or home...hmmm.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #62: Dec 19, 2018 04:54:46 pm
      And that’s what a forum is all about - opinion. I respect yours.

I am in the camp of best possible 11 and that 100% includes in the main man Wijnaldum.

Deffo full strength for this one, we've got a chance to open up a 4 point gap and give city something to think about overnight and add a bit of pressure to their match the following day.

They've been so good the past year that it's been too easy and they haven't experienced having to win to keep pace at all.

Put the big boys on and send out a real message to the rest of the league.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #63: Dec 19, 2018 05:28:38 pm
      Hi Guys,

Wolves fan here xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Just thought I'd share some of mine and Wolves fans views and thoughts towards this game. Even before the season started this game was the one that I was least looking forward to, because if even one of our defenders has an off day your attack will punish us. I was never worried about city, as we had a second team out against them in the cup last year and they didn't concede to city, as they couldn't really break us down. It hasn't been too long since we played you though, and the last time we did was a great day out as we managed a 2-1 win in the Cup at Anfield. To this day I still have no idea how, as we had a midfield trio of George Saville, Lee Evans and Dave Edwards.  ??? Seems a long time ago now that we have the Portugese duo of Ruben Neves and Moutinho who ooze class.

We've been an odd team this season, but it seems we are finding our feet. Most of you saw Jota substituted off in the last game but the news is that it was just precaution and he is training all week.
      So I'd expect our lineup to look something like this

Patricio
              Bennett    Coady     Boly
      Doherty                                Jonny
                    Neves    Moutinho
                        Gibbs-White
                   Jota          Raul

We've become more solid now that Jonny is back, who managed to earn himself a callup to the spain squad while playing for us.

My biggest worry is Matt Doherty, although he has been magnificent this season attacking, he doesn't really like getting back. And with your attacking options you could really punish us down that left hand side.

We lost to Huddersfield and Cardiff, that was when I thought it would all go pear shaped and thought Nuno was too stubborn, because teams had figured out how to beat us with out 3-4-3/5-2-3 formation. The easy way was "Mark the wingbacks and outnumber the two CM's"

However I'm glad to see Nuno lost his stubbornness and has brought a local youngster Morgan Gibbs-White in to the midfield playing behind the two strikers. MGW has been amazing, bossed the Chelsea game and well and truly made Kante look like a Sunday league player.
      I would expect Liverpool's 3 in midfield to control us, although we really do step it up against better opposition. Saw one post on here talking about a 6-0 win. I wont get my hopes up on that, although I do expect you to win. I think this is a big game for Liverpool, one that could be critical for the title race seeing as we have taken points off all the other big teams and got robbed at Spurs, and with Vincent Kompany saying he knows that all the other sides will lose points at Molineux. A 4 point gap would be amazing for you guys, but for me personally I have ALOT of Liverpool mates so bragging rights would be great!

However this season we're just finding our feet, at Wolves for us it's all about the 'project' as Klopp mentioned too in his presser. We have the youngest squad in the league with a lot of good talent. So Whilst we're sitting in 7th place which is great for our first season, we do hope to put pressure on the top 6 soon, as ridiculous as it sounds. A young manager and young stars - if we stick together who knows!

Prediction -  3-1
      Salah (2), VVD   (We zonal mark on corners and VVD could punish us)
      Jota

older forum member will appreciate Wolves history and lets not forget Emlyn Hughes winning the league Cup in 1980.
      A proper football club a traditional old school English football club. But please don't do anything stupid on Friday just play well but let us win.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #64: Dec 19, 2018 05:49:54 pm
      Allison

Clyne    Lovren    Van Dijk    Robertson

Fabinho

Keita    Henderson

Salah    Firmino    Mane

Then rotate a lot for Newcastle.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #65: Dec 19, 2018 06:15:57 pm
      Wolves are much better than Newcastle, they're around man u and Everton's level right now.
      Not looking pass Wolves, that is why I would go with either of these line ups, while not the strongest 11, It rests player yet is still a very attack minded and creative midfield choice and gives cover to the back four, and especially Moreno, hence Henderson's inclusion   
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #66: Dec 19, 2018 07:15:27 pm
      Not looking pass Wolves, that is why I would go with either of these line ups, while not the strongest 11, It rests player yet is still a very attack minded and creative midfield choice and gives cover to the back four, and especially Moreno, hence Henderson's inclusion
      why do players need resting? 2 games in 10 days...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #67: Dec 19, 2018 07:18:35 pm
      Like they say no game is easy any more in the PL.

They have impressed and play very watchable football.

Treat them like any other team at the moment. With respect and no underestimating.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #68: Dec 19, 2018 07:30:04 pm
      Strongest team for this, rotate v the Geordies. This, IMO, will be the most difficult of our last 3 games of 2018.

Quick Reply