Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Wolves V Liverpool (21/12/18 - 20:00)

Read 14450 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Pre-Match: Wolves V Liverpool (21/12/18 - 20:00)
      Reply #69: Dec 19, 2018 08:06:02 pm
      why do players need resting? 2 games in 10 days...
      I would just like to see our best starting 11 at Arsenal, and City with players rested and raring to go, and those on the bench having played a game or two to be sharp and ready also
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #70: Dec 19, 2018 08:19:09 pm
      I would just like to see our best starting 11 at Arsenal, and City with players rested and raring to go, and those on the bench having played a game or two to be sharp and ready also
      so rotate against Newcastle then...
      WolfInPeace
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #71: Dec 19, 2018 08:27:23 pm
      If you keep up the form you're in, you think some of those guys [eg. Neves, Moutinho] might get picked up by 'bigger' clubs? Have only seen highlights, so looking forward to seeing them in a full match. Looking at results, you seem to pick it up for bigger games, and like you say if you look as it as a free hit, could be a really good match.

Could also depend a bit on who Jürgen puts out, if he rests some guys, might take some edge off, remains to be seen tho. Lot of games coming up.
      Personally don't like Fri night matches, but hoping Jürgen will have out lads prepped and ready. Gluck! :)

Tbf we've all been prepared for Neves to leave so if/when he does I don't think it will take a massive hit on us because of the significant amount of profit we will make. Everyone loves to talk about the Mendes link but it's not that big, it's the same as any other team getting help from agents, just as Mendes helped you with Fabinho. If we do lose players we can easily replace and i'm confident Nuno can get the best out of them. However if we play better and keep up the form like you say, i think there's more chance that they will want to stay if anything, because they believe with the manager we can do something special. Our Ruben Neves has also just got himself a tattoo of a wolf😂

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #72: Dec 19, 2018 08:42:43 pm
      I think you will see pretty much same side that played vs United on the weekend with maybe one or two chances then boxing day vs Newcastle you see heavily rotated side like you saw when we played vs Burnley. Any time I have watched Wolves I never been impressed but results and their place in the table show they can tough side to play so hope we can come out with good intensity and get the festive period started with a bang.

Line-up I can see is

------------------Alisson----------------
      Clyne-----Lovern-------VvD------Robbo
      ------Gini------Fabinho-----Milner-----
      ----Salah--------Firmino---------Mane
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #73: Dec 20, 2018 07:31:24 am
      I am not going to name a line up
      Klopp knows better then me.;D
      Just hope whoever is picked to start do the job and I am pretty sure we will win this tough game
      Come on reds
      YNWA
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #74: Dec 20, 2018 09:16:06 am
      This is match i fear most. Wolves are great playing on counter and we must be very careful.
      We must play our best team and put 4 point gap over Shitty. Come on redman!
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #75: Dec 20, 2018 09:22:19 am
      Jesus Christ I want Moreno nowwhere near this one. Rest Robbo at home to Toon and then back at it fort Arsenal and City.

As I have said previously, I would rather play with 10 men then have Moreno anywhere near the Liverpool team right now. I would rather trust Milner to play left back than Moreno. Sooner we sell Moreno the better.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #76: Dec 20, 2018 10:08:51 am
      As I have said previously, I would rather play with 10 men then have Moreno anywhere near the Liverpool team right now. I would rather trust Milner to play left back than Moreno. Sooner we sell Moreno the better.

The only time Moreno should get a game is for pace on the wing during the last 10 mins of a game - he should be no where near the defence
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #77: Dec 20, 2018 10:28:11 am

The only time Moreno should get a game is for pace on the wing during the last 10 mins of a game - he should be no where near the defence

Whilst I 100% understand the sentiment - the reality is that’s very, very unlikely to happen UNLESS we buy another LB.

Robbo can’t play every game at his intensity so Bertie is gonna get game time because Milly is in rhythm / training in the midfield. The gaffer will only throw one in like that when forced.

Clyne might be a better bet short term.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #78: Dec 20, 2018 11:23:10 am
      Whilst I 100% understand the sentiment - the reality is that’s very, very unlikely to happen UNLESS we buy another LB.

Robbo can’t play every game at his intensity so Bertie is gonna get game time because Milly is in rhythm / training in the midfield. The gaffer will only throw one in like that when forced.

Clyne might be a better bet short term.

I know Robertson can't play every game but Moreno means a gift of a goal/penalty to the opposition. Also, perhaps rest Robertson against Newcastle and use Milner as the left back.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #79: Dec 20, 2018 11:28:24 am
      I know Robertson can't play every game but Moreno means a gift of a goal/penalty to the opposition. Also, perhaps rest Robertson against Newcastle and use Milner as the left back.

Yeh I understand your nervousness but the boss is all about training consistently / defensive lines etc. He wouldn’t have Moreno in the match day squads unless he was prepared to use him.

I only see Milly going there in emergency - especially the way he’s playing in the middle.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #80: Dec 20, 2018 12:14:24 pm
      If people are not willing to risk Moreno at home to Newcastle who will park the bus, then there is truly no hope.

I fancy a full strength team with minimal changes for this game, then rotation for the Newcastle game.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #81: Dec 20, 2018 03:58:13 pm
      We mustn't take them lightly. Of those above them, they beat Chelsea, drew United, City, Arsenal and narrowly lost to Tottenham. Fantastic record against the the teams currently higher than them.

I don't wish for experiments or risk taking with tactics and team selection. I'd stick with the tried tested and proven. Potential banana skin if we're not careful.

Most importantly, no trying with Moreno. Those who know their job, go out there and nail it. We've only got 90 minutes.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #82: Dec 20, 2018 05:04:25 pm
      If people are not willing to risk Moreno at home to Newcastle who will park the bus, then there is truly no hope.

I fancy a full strength team with minimal changes for this game, then rotation for the Newcastle game.

I'd have no issues with Moreno in that game.

Robertson will need a rest at some stage.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #83: Dec 20, 2018 05:30:44 pm
      I'd have no issues with Moreno in that game.

Robertson will need a rest at some stage.

Moreno is nowhere near as bad as people paint him.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #84: Dec 20, 2018 05:48:21 pm

Agree.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #85: Dec 20, 2018 06:08:35 pm

He has the Degsy syndrome - one mistake becomes 3 in the blink of an eye.

The difference is that his defensive instincts are poor and his recovery lines are atrocious.

Neither of which should be too much of an issue against teams outside top 6.

He is a talented, athletic wide player - not a full back or wing back.

He’d walk into half the premier league teams.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #86: Dec 20, 2018 06:11:05 pm
      so rotate against Newcastle then...
      i think that Newcastle will be a tougher game because they will not play as open as Wolves, they will sit back more so playing Henderson and Milner will suit us better which will keep Fab' Robbo and Keita fresher for the Arsenal game
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #87: Dec 20, 2018 06:20:28 pm
      Wolves shouldn't be an issue. I can see it playing out similar to Bournmouth. They try to play a nice style of football, which you just can't do against us and come out the other side unscathed.

2-0 nice and comfortable.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #88: Dec 20, 2018 06:25:27 pm
      Probably not. The issue is that Robbo’s emergence has really exposed all of Moreno’s frailties and the gulf in class between the two is stark.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #89: Dec 20, 2018 08:01:09 pm
      Probably not. The issue is that Robbo’s emergence has really exposed all of Moreno’s frailties and the gulf in class between the two is stark.

I think it's that Robertson is a natural defender, and learned his trade the old school way, whereas moreno was kind of shoehorned into the role and doesn't have defensive instincts.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #90: Dec 20, 2018 08:26:35 pm
      Moreno was much improved prior to getting injured and its only because Andy has done so well that he hasn't had more games .Here is a novel thought lets try and support our lads as soon as they put on the shirt.
      If we can get cover of genuine quality right through the team it can only be a good thing
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #91: Dec 20, 2018 08:32:20 pm
      Moreno was much improved prior to getting injured and its only because Andy has done so well that he hasn't had more games .Here is a novel thought lets try and support our lads as soon as they put on the shirt.
      If we can get cover of genuine quality right through the team it can only be a good thing

Agreed - if he starts I’ll 100% support him.

Just think Wolves are tough and Robertson is indispensable

Quick Reply