Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Ki-Jana Hoever (Liverpool -> Wolves)

Read 35113 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Ki-Jana Hoever (Liverpool -> Wolves)
      Dec 18, 2018 10:23:57 pm

Highly rated Dutch youth international Ki-Jana Hoever completed his move to Liverpool in September 2018 when he was granted international clearance.

Hoever, who is equally as comfortable playing at centre-half and right-back, will start academy life with the U18s.

A Netherlands U17 international, Ki-Jana was signed from Ajax.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/ki-jana-hoever

Not too shabby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIgp9UhtyCE
      « Last Edit: Aug 16, 2021 04:57:34 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Ki-Jana Hoever
      Reply #1: Dec 18, 2018 10:27:03 pm

Highly rated Dutch youth international Ki-Jana Hoever completed his move to Liverpool in September 2018 when he was granted international clearance.

Hoever, who is equally as comfortable playing at centre-half and right-back, will start academy life with the U18s.

A Netherlands U17 international, Ki-Jana was signed from Ajax.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/ki-jana-hoever

Not too shabby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIgp9UhtyCE

16 FFS what are they feeding him on
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Dec 18, 2018 11:13:22 pm
      Bags of potential apparently.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3: Dec 19, 2018 04:22:06 pm
      Liverpool promote exciting Dutch prospect to first-team training - and Jürgen Klopp is impressed

Exciting Academy youngster Ki-Jana Hoever has been promoted to train with Liverpool's first-team squad.

The Dutch youth international is still only 16 but he has impressed Jürgen Klopp since being sent to Melwood last week.

Hoever, who can play both right-back and centre-back, was called up from the Kirkby Academy due to the Reds' defensive injury crisis. Joe Gomez, Joel Matip, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Nat Phillips are all currently sidelined.

It's reward for the huge impact Hoever has had at Liverpool since arriving from Ajax back in August.

He started off with Barry Lewtas' under-18s squad but quickly progressed to Neil Critchley's under-23s - making his full Premier 2 debut against Everton last month.

Quick, strong, dominant in the air and comfortable with the ball at his feet, Hoever has earned rave reviews for his performances for the Reds in the UEFA Youth League and it's little surprise that Klopp has decided to run the rule over him.

Hoever didn't feature for either the under-23s against Swansea on Monday or for the under-18s in the FA Youth Cup against Portsmouth on Tuesday because Klopp wanted him training with the senior squad at Melwood instead.

The teenager was rated as one of the biggest talents at Ajax's Academy and they were devastated to lose him to Liverpool for a nominal fee.

He started out in the youth ranks at AZ Alkmaar before moving on to Ajax in 2014. Hoever played 13 times and scored two goals in the Under-17 Eredivisie last season.

Hoever had attracted interest from a host of top European clubs, including Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City. But Klopp's willingness to put his faith in youth convinced him that Liverpool was the right place for his development.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-promote-exciting-dutch-prospect-15570384?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Wow, in such a short space of time...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4: Dec 19, 2018 04:37:57 pm
      Exciting prospect,  mainly operated as a right back but has a lot of composure on the ball and looks so much more aware than many of his age.
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2018 06:26:24 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,453 posts | 3274 
      Reply #5: Dec 19, 2018 05:03:55 pm
      So that’s three young defenders added to the first team training ( well Phillips was added a while back ) - good to see Klopp looking at the kids instead of just going out and buying. And this kids looks tbe dangly bollocks - so composed on the ball , can see him moving into a DM role
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6: Dec 19, 2018 06:09:53 pm
      Interesting.

Hell of a write up for the lad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7: Dec 19, 2018 11:20:07 pm
      Wouldn’t be shocked to see him get a run out in the FA Cup.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #8: Dec 21, 2018 07:43:59 pm
      Wouldn’t be shocked to see him get a run out in the FA Cup.

I'd be shocked as hell,mate,unless we get a non-league team in the 4th round and get a bunch more injuries.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #9: Jan 05, 2019 02:57:02 pm
      Well seems the kid has impressed Klopp whilst training with the firsts,so maybe a spot against wolves then.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #10: Jan 05, 2019 04:25:05 pm
      If this lad plays then I'll be a little surprised but extremely interested to see how he goes.

One of the biggest 16 year olds I've ever seen!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #11: Jan 05, 2019 04:29:12 pm
      If this lad plays then I'll be a little surprised but extremely interested to see how he goes.

One of the biggest 16 year olds I've ever seen!

Oo er missus
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #12: Jan 05, 2019 08:09:51 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #13: Jan 07, 2019 09:57:07 pm
      Played very well and that run out of defense past two or three players was a joy.

Grew into the game and I was a bit annoyed that Milner felt the need to hold his hand so much when he came on.

Great prospect.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14: Jan 07, 2019 09:58:27 pm

I'd be shocked as hell,mate,unless we get a non-league team in the 4th round and get a bunch more injuries.

I think it was only because of the Lovren injury to be honest. Think he done really quite well though, especially that bit of play at the end. Can see there’s a lot of potential there and he grew into the game but it’s clear he’s not the most gifted physically. Compare Gomez at that age to Hoever and there’s a big difference. But, lots of time for him develop and I’m sure we will see even more from him in pre-season.

Think it’s always harder for a defender of that age coming into a team than an attacker, a lot more pressure, especially against a decent team so well in to the lad.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #15: Jan 07, 2019 09:59:57 pm
      I think it was only because of the Lovren injury to be honest. Think he done really quite well though, especially that bit of play at the end. Can see there’s a lot of potential there and he grew into the game but it’s clear he’s not the most gifted physically. Compare Gomez at that age to Hoever and there’s a big difference. But, lots of time for him develop and I’m sure we will see even more from him in pre-season.

Think it’s always harder for a defender of that age coming into a team than an attacker, a lot more pressure, especially against a decent team so well in to the lad.

Yea he's quite a small lad and probably see a lot of him at full back before he establishes himself as a CB.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #16: Jan 07, 2019 10:04:45 pm

He will 100% develop physically in the next 2 years those Dutch lads are strong.

He already looks physically stronger than Camacho and Jones.

I thought it was a brilliant senior debut performance easily the best of the young lads tonight and most of the senior.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #17: Jan 07, 2019 10:05:15 pm
      He will 100% develop physically in the next 2 years those Dutch lads are strong.

I thought it was a brilliant senior debut performance easily the best of the young lads tonight and most of the senior.

For me Camacho just shaded it out of the two but both were excellent.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #18: Jan 07, 2019 10:07:45 pm
      16...16 he was outstanding. Hes not 18 not 20 or 21 16 at centre half

My concern is any club can sniff around him cant they?
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #19: Jan 07, 2019 10:08:04 pm
      Played well and the experience will be invaluable.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,916 posts | 281 
      Reply #20: Jan 07, 2019 10:11:45 pm
      What a player. Along with Fabinho only ones who put in a performance.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #21: Jan 07, 2019 10:13:38 pm

I think Camacho looked better off physically but it’s important for a player playing CB than someone like Jones. Jones can stay that way and it won’t matter a great deal, it’s the CBs where it’s more important because they will be the ones going up against strong forwards, likes of Lukaku and Deeney etc.

But you’re absolutely right, over the next 2 years he will develop a lot.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #22: Jan 07, 2019 10:13:51 pm
      For me Camacho just shaded it out of the two but both were excellent.

I probably agree with that - voted for the youngster because I’m a sentimental old tart though.

Actually think Ki-Jana was quite impressive physically- he’s slight but was pretty rapid. Was only an inch or two shorter than the gaffer at the sideline.

Quick Reply