Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.8%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      72 (60%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (8.3%)
       Fabinho
      7 (5.8%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      27 (22.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Voting closed: Dec 25, 2018 09:54:11 pm

Wolves 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27035 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Dec 21, 2018 10:38:41 pm
      Top of the league, 4 points clear of the best side ever to kick a ball.

Not bad at all.

Was it on here or Twitter reading that a win or draw against Newcastle means we've played every side so far without defeat?

and yet the footballing world is more interested in likkle ole :f_steam:

Once again, we gave Pep and his team another reminder that they need to catch us now.

That was not an easy game.
      Lovren was awful, but he got away with it.
      The driving pissing rain in the first half didn't help either, some clumsy passing.
      Two world class finishes from two players bang on form right now.
      Salah was quick and direct which caused them loads of problems

Mo Ho Ho

:scarf:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #346: Dec 21, 2018 10:41:38 pm
      Burnley, Bournemouth Watford and Wolves four hard away games four wins the big games take care of themselves but these are the games you need to win and we are winning them cant remember the last time I was so excited about a Liverpool team in the league
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #347: Dec 21, 2018 10:42:20 pm
      Virgil is the best player in the Premier League. He is imperious.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Wolves 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #348: Dec 21, 2018 10:43:26 pm
      Yeah, then we can win the CL as well and City will just crack altogether ;)

you missed the FA CUP. mate 7 wins on the bounce
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #349: Dec 21, 2018 10:46:00 pm
      Virgil is the best player in the Premier League. He is imperious.

we just need his mate Joe back then we have the best CB pairing in Europe and with Trent and Andy the best attacking WB's and then Becker behind them and that's why we have conceded 7 goals in 18 games. The front three take care of themselves but now we really do have tremendous potential in our midfield too. Exciting times ahead
      Scarlettbrazil
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #350: Dec 21, 2018 10:46:26 pm
      Virgil not even wet? No didn’t you know he walk ON water 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #351: Dec 21, 2018 10:49:32 pm
      Get the F**k in....what a win in tough, sh*t and hostile conditions. Did ourselves proud! Again!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #352: Dec 21, 2018 10:50:59 pm
      Talk about city and Chelsea but I wouldn't altogether rule out Spurs. Pochettino knows how to get the right approach.

United have taken on Solskjaer....can't see it. Looks a bit lost.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #353: Dec 21, 2018 10:52:52 pm
      Great Christmas present to all fans, to know that we are top, on Christmas day.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #354: Dec 21, 2018 10:54:44 pm
      I love clean sheets.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #355: Dec 21, 2018 10:57:27 pm
      Heard them say 7 goals conceded by Christmas is a new record!!  :o

Man City had 4 points more last Christmas (on basis of same number of games), but they had conceded 12 goals.

All about how we kick on from here. Last time we were top at Christmas, we messed it all up vs Man City on Boxing Day followed by a consecutive loss vs Chelsea.

Have the chance to maintain our #1 spot.. and then face off vs City on 3 January 2019.

We got this.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #356: Dec 21, 2018 10:59:14 pm
      Virgil is the best player in the world. He is imperious.

I agree!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #357: Dec 21, 2018 11:00:29 pm
      I know we shouldn't get carried away, but, the media, including of course the Sky/ Man U bias, keep saying over and over again that we need to hang on to the City coat tails,
      Fairy muff, City being reigning champions  deserve to be lauded above most, but i still don't feel that we are given enough credit,
      When you consider the type of football we have played, and now playing, we are as every bit as good as City, and it could be argued even better,
      Its not about how much money has been spent ,from either clubs, its more what the managers get from their respective squads, and i believe that come May 19, Jürgen will prove that he got more from his players than Pep will from his,

Our cup final if you like is on Jan 3rd, to go to the Etihad and either win or draw i think will be such a psychological blow for them, and i don't think they'd recover from, and like it is now that City can only F**k it up themselves,  the same applies to us if we open up a 4pt gap by beating them,
      and quite honestly as we have gone thru half the season unbeaten whilst not always been at our best, its a fair assumption that we wouldn't F**k things up,
      This is how i see it, and why i am particularly hyped up with this opportunity that has a very high percentage of happening, so forgive me if im getting a little too excited .

Another Brilliant win tonight,  we keep going and getting better, maybe one day ppl/media will see us for what we are/becoming....
      The Best side in Europe!!

YNWA

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #358: Dec 21, 2018 11:02:17 pm
      Keita will be alright according to Klopp. He got a bit too roughed up and Klopp subbed him, but nothing serious.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #359: Dec 21, 2018 11:05:09 pm
      Just noted this.

2013/14 season had 17 games before Christmas. We were top.

2017/18 season had 19 games before Christmas. City stormed away to top.

2018/19 season had 18 games before Christmas. So, we've bettered our 2013/14 season so far, and below City of last season (of course), but calmly doing a superb job of breaking records.

City's 1st loss last season came on game #23 against us of course! We have a few more games to go to beat that, and play City on game 21.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #360: Dec 21, 2018 11:06:21 pm
      Just noted this.

2013/14 season had 17 games before Christmas. We were top.

2017/18 season had 19 games before Christmas. City stormed away to top.

2018/19 season had 18 games before Christmas. So, we've bettered our 2013/14 season so far, and below City of last season (of course), but calmly doing a superb job of breaking records.

City's 1st loss last season came on game #23 against us of course! We have a few more games to go to beat that, and play City on game 21.
      Why?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #361: Dec 21, 2018 11:07:27 pm
      Milner was poor today but I can't help but be grateful to him for the shift he puts in once again. It's not his position but he gets on with it and delivers a below par but decent enough display for the side.

He's a real asset to this team make no mistake.

Anyway a great victory this as it was a proper banana skin game.

I still prefer the lads and the fans to stay humble and take it one game at a time. No need to add pressure on ourselves giving it the big'un. (Lovren)

Its just another win, another 3 points. It feel like we've putted our ball now we're asking City to hit a four footer to halve the hole. 

For us now it's on to Newcastle who will no doubt under Rafa pose us a puzzle that will need to be solved.

We go again!
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2018 11:12:55 pm by fields of anny rd »
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #362: Dec 21, 2018 11:08:10 pm
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #363: Dec 21, 2018 11:26:22 pm
      Keita will be alright according to Klopp. He got a bit too roughed up and Klopp subbed him, but nothing serious.

I think Keita just needs more time, he'll be fine. But there's also a risk and I hope its tackled. Keita is an introvert and shy, he may have trouble finding connection to the rest of the team. I hope Jürgen realizes that and helps him not to feel lonely. Thank God he has Sadio as his best buddy. Those things seem small but can have a significant effect on (young) players. E.g. Lovren is alone worth any penny of his contract because he befriended Mo and made him happier.  >:D
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #364: Dec 21, 2018 11:43:44 pm
      We just have to remain focussed 100% and not get distracted by irrelevant issues. Almost 1/2 season gone and we are in good standing. Even sone setbacks along the way we must not get distracted. Others will also have setbacks and we need to ensure we have less than them. Fab and Vvd is the major difference that made us consistent.
      « Last Edit: Dec 22, 2018 04:04:53 am by redkop63 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #365: Dec 22, 2018 12:04:12 am
      Very important win, but we were very sloppy in that game. Wolves are a very decent team and I think they might even get top 6,tgey are crying out for good strikers though.
      Anyway top at Christmas long may it continue.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #366: Dec 22, 2018 12:10:22 am
      Although we kept a clean sheet, better quality would've punished us. Lot of ball was coming over from Milly's side and some good play by Wolves thru the middle. We could've easily shipped one or two goals. Conditions didn't help. We worked harder in the second half and didn't come under excessive pressure.

Van Dijk was commanding as ever, Robbo did OK again. Lovren didn't cover Milly as well as he could. In fairness Milly hasn't played alongside Lovren so the covering wasn't that good. Can't have Hendo so deep covering the back 4 so sometimes we just have to scurry to get possession back.

Getting to deep was what derailed Houllier. Hamann, good player he was, just sat to deep and it led to Geds team being a counter attack side. So don't knock Hendo to much if our back 4 comes under pressure.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #367: Dec 22, 2018 12:12:38 am
      ..and a very Merry Christmas to one and all..I'm off away over xmas so all the best.

Quick Reply