Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (0.8%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      72 (60%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (0.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (8.3%)
       Fabinho
      7 (5.8%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      27 (22.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Voting closed: Dec 25, 2018 09:54:11 pm

Wolves 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27050 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: Wolves 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Dec 22, 2018 01:03:14 pm
      Where’s the best place to catch the highlights? Don’t know if I can wait for Match of the Day.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #392: Dec 22, 2018 01:29:12 pm
      Where’s the best place to catch the highlights? Don’t know if I can wait for Match of the Day.

On Youtube someone seem quite quick to upload some at decent quality mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #393: Dec 22, 2018 03:29:49 pm
      We’ve got us some proper players. And a proper manager. That’s all it should take.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #394: Dec 22, 2018 04:26:02 pm
      She said to me.."did they win"...said "yeah..top of the league"

" Who's the manager" she asked..." Klopp" Says I....." isn't that the end you used to stand in...".........!
      Mine calls Klopp David Bowie
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #395: Dec 22, 2018 04:38:40 pm
      City 1 C.Palace 3.

City coming unstuck. Did have a conflab t'other day..'bout Cities defence. Can be got at was the conclusion.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #396: Dec 22, 2018 04:59:42 pm
      Come on Rib, it doesn't matter how good Everton are, they can be Barca level and would still lose on purpose to stop us from succeeding. Remember 13/14 where they put zero effort vs City at their home ground and those cu*ts cheering each City goal? How about the numerous occasions where they didn't even try vs teams around us ?

What got me even angrier that game was if they would of tried to win, they could of solidified a 4th place CL spot. Such losers they are.
      They will never help us, in fact they lay down at every team that is in competition with us!!
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #397: Dec 22, 2018 05:00:43 pm
      City 1 C.Palace 3.

City coming unstuck. Did have a conflab t'other day..'bout Cities defence. Can be got at was the conclusion.

See that absolute rocket of a goal from Townsend?? Got he hit that ball in that sweet spot!!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #398: Dec 22, 2018 08:28:23 pm
      We had a few dodgy spells in this game which is to be expected based on what Wolves has done all season but over I thought it was a good showing to get the festive period off to a great start. I thought Hendo was really effective in ball retention and moving the ball, it seems that when we play difficult sides away from home Hendo has his best showing. VvD was amazing there isn't much else to say he did everything and really enjoying Salah who found his scoring boots and continues to produce.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #399: Dec 23, 2018 12:57:55 pm
      Quote from The Real Donavan Ried
      Was out Last night but managed to watch the whole game, so here are my thoughts on the match...

Made up for the win and glad to see VVD get his first and long over due goal in the Prem' for LFC...

Team performances...

I thought James Milner struggled at right back, not his most natural position, and can not understand why he was played there when the better option would have been to play Fab', who has played right back on many an occasion., there instead and Milner up field... If we play Milner there vs. Arsenal and we are in trouble...

Both Fab' and Keita was poor, as was Firmino and Robertson...

Fab' while not as bad as Keita put in some poor passes, and gave the ball away on multiple occasions...

Keita was slow to move the ball, ran too often down blind alley's resulting stalled attacks and the ball being lost...

Firmino seemed to go missing for the majority of the game and one could excuse supporters believing the he was not actually on the pitch at time... In his defence I thought that on leave the pitch he looked run down as if he was suffering from the flu or something

Robertson , for me was the most disappointing... What happen to the lad we all know, bombing down the wing, overlapping and playing killer crosses...?? This happen way too little last night and when the crosses came they were over hit

Most of our attacking play seem to revolve around players trying to walk the ball into the area, and given the rain, and the surface last night very little attempts at low hit shots from around the edge of the area or defence dissecting passes using the slickness of that rain dampened surface seem to happen if at all ...

I don't thing that this was down to two good team cancelling one another out… We were poor, and had it not been for some great defensive play at time from VVD, and our two goals things could have quite easily been very different...

Keita injury though at this time reported to not be that serious, had it happened to Fab' and been more serious and with the lack of experience cover for CB this would season threatening... Need to bring in a CB ASAP

But you said Keita was poor. And as for Robbo, his overhit cross set up the second goal, so maybe he should try a few more of them.

Average first half, professional second half, won comfortably. City didn't win there, Chelsea lost there, so that shows how big a result it was. Hope most fans appreciate it, because I do.

21 points from 21, VVD chipping in, another clean sheet, the joint least goals conceded in 15 years, unbeaten; tell you something, if you're struggling for last minute holiday gifts, print out that league table and hand it to a like-minded red one. And remember, if we're top after the return game at home, we will have some silverware to go beside it.

It's as simple as that.
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2018 01:13:15 pm by lfc across the water »
      Wulf
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #400: Dec 23, 2018 09:46:55 pm
      Wolves fan in peace here, just like to apologise for the out of order fans chanting
      Outdated songs at the start of game.

Congratulations on your win and league position at the moment, hopefully your run continues, what a player you have in virgil van dyke(sp).

Was a great game and although we had a few chances you looked at times like you was in 3rd gear, and gave us a bit of a reality check.
      Anyways good luck for season, maybe a couple of years and we will be competing.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #401: Dec 23, 2018 10:56:04 pm
      Wolves fan in peace here, just like to apologise for the out of order fans chanting

Congratulations on your win and league position at the moment, hopefully your run continues, what a player you have in virgil van dyke(sp).

Was a great game and although we had a few chances you looked at times like you was in 3rd gear, and gave us a bit of a reality check.

redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #402: Dec 23, 2018 11:00:36 pm

Cheers Fella, your doing well also, good manager you have there.
      All the best for the Crimbo, and thank you for your thoughts
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #403: Dec 24, 2018 12:14:50 am

Thought it was a bit odd the way the Wolves fans were chanting and booing all game but no harm done. Especially at Keita when Doherty (?) landed his studs on Naby's ankle.

Thought your lot showed a lot of promise and positive signs for the season ahead. Play like that and you'll be unlucky to miss out on a European spot. Think your missing some polish in the final third with Traore and Jimenez up there - Traore is quick but ask him to play football and he struggles, while Jimenez is a bit of the opposite. Upgrade on those two and I think you'll be fine. Perhaps having Jota would've made some difference.

Enjoyed the game and the tactical battle, especially in the first half when NES tweaked it and immediately saw his team get a foothold in to the game.

All the best for the rest of the season, mate.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #404: Dec 24, 2018 10:49:12 am
      But you said Keita was poor. And as for Robbo, his overhit cross set up the second goal, so maybe he should try a few more of them.

Keita was poor, as was Robbo, regardless for  that one time he help set up the second goal... Never have really understood that argument, how a player can play poorly for the whole game yet makes one good pass or scores and suddenly he has played well

Average first half, professional second half, won comfortably. City didn't win there, Chelsea lost there, so that shows how big a result it was. Hope most fans appreciate it, because I do.

I do appreciate it, but saying City didn't win there or Chelsea lost there doesn't mean that we were good there or we are better than City or Chelsea. We struggled and had to rely on luck to beat Everton, Spur beat them 6-2 and Utd beat them... Does not mean that both Utd and Spurs are better than us...

So while I appreciate what the team has done, it does not mean that i feel we can not improve  on individual performance as well as Team performance

But as always I understand were you are coming from...

have a great X-mas you and yours
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #405: Dec 24, 2018 09:50:41 pm
      Everyone... Have a special X-mas   :drink:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #406: Dec 24, 2018 11:59:21 pm
      Relive the highlights with Lawro on audio commentary.

https://youtu.be/A0tkFMojpwc

Quick Reply