Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool v Newcastle Weds 26th Dec 15:00KO

Read 9547 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Liverpool v Newcastle Weds 26th Dec 15:00KO
      Reply #69: Dec 24, 2018 10:02:46 pm
      That's also the wrong way of thinking about it, right now I imagine all of our fit players are fully rested BUT we now face 3 games within a week, and that is quite tough. Out of those 3 games 1 is against a fairly sh*t opponent so we really should consider resting whichever players we can in that game so that the core team is ready to play 2 key games in 3 days, Arsenal and Citeh. I would play Clyne and possibly Moreno, alongside VVD and Lovren (as there is no option to rotate CB) and then a very attacking midfield of Fabinho, Keita and Gini and then rest some of the forwards, starting with Sturridge, Shaq and one of Mo, Bobby or Mane. If need be bring on the other attackers.
      Perhaps just rest Salah and Bobby then, for Sturrudge and Shaqiri. Bring in Keita in the middle because he only played half a match in the last game and put Clyne at RB. That would be enough I think.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #70: Dec 25, 2018 11:46:45 am
      Perhaps just rest Salah and Bobby then, for Sturrudge and Shaqiri. Bring in Keita in the middle because he only played half a match in the last game and put Clyne at RB. That would be enough I think.

I would think otherwise. Lets start with Bob and Mo. Race to a 3-0 or more scoreline and we get Keita and Shaq in. I wouldn't take this game lightly and stumbled. We have a good lead, lets not take any chances and play our strongest 11 to keep city at bay. Lets score a couple more to close the gap on City on goal difference. We may need that at the end of the day.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #71: Dec 25, 2018 12:37:57 pm
      I am all for resting key players, but I really don't want to :( As FAT mentioned before, just look at what happened to Dortmund resting some key players vs a sh*t team recently.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #72: Dec 25, 2018 01:36:03 pm
      Start strong get 4-0 up and take off the key players. By the way I have never seen a tired player in a winning team
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #73: Dec 25, 2018 03:40:01 pm
      At the moment it's probably harder to predict Klopp's starting eleven than it is to win the lottery!

I'm going to make an educated (haha) guess based on who played when and how many minutes. Keeping in mind how Klopp likes to play against top 6 teams with at least two of Henderson, Milner, and Wijnaldum and our usual front three.

Trent AA: back in training, needs valuable game time to be ready for Arsenal / City. The CB's pick themselves. Moreno starts this one, Robertson, needs to be rested at some point. If he starts, it'll be because the sports-science department deems him good to go, impossible to know where he is with regards to fatigue etc. With Fabinho and Wijnaldum providing adequate cover, we should be fine. Milner looked awfully slow and leggy against Wolves, give him some extra rest for the two upcoming big games.

Fabinho also starts. As good as he has recently been, I'd rather not start him against Arsenal (where he struggled) and away to City. Wijnaldum was rested against Wolves, so he'll be good to go for three in a row.

Front four of Mane, Shaqiri, Lallana, and Sturridge should be enough. The good thing about this starting eleven is that it's very flexible, three interchanging attacking midfielders behind Sturridge and if we need to go three in midfield, Lallana easily slots in the third spot with Shaqiri and Mane joining Sturridge as the three forwards.

I probably won't even be close, but it's fun thinking about it nonetheless.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #74: Dec 25, 2018 04:58:47 pm
      It's easier for Jürgen to rotate our midfield than our front 3 - because there is very little between our 6 midfielders. So I'm going to say that Jürgen will play the midfield 3 he intends to play against Citeh against Newcastle (and then rotating them against Arsenal), while doing the opposite with our front 3 - ie resting them against Newcastle and starting them 2 games running against the Arse and Citeh. So, tomorrow, I'm going -

Allisson

Clyne   Lovren   VVD    Moreno

Gini   Hendo    Keita

Shaq      Studge     Origi

Merry xmas to all having a fly break on the internet!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #75: Dec 25, 2018 06:24:37 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

Merry Christmas.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #76: Dec 25, 2018 09:41:34 pm
      Love seeing Salah score at Anfield so hope he's in the starting line-up, gets a hat-trick before half time, then can rest and get ready for The Arsenal.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #77: Dec 25, 2018 09:43:09 pm
      Would love An early couple of goals
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #78: Dec 25, 2018 10:26:38 pm
      Lets be careful of Newcastle's counter attack and Rafa is a master at that.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #79: Dec 25, 2018 11:04:17 pm
      I would think otherwise. Lets start with Bob and Mo. Race to a 3-0 or more scoreline and we get Keita and Shaq in. I wouldn't take this game lightly and stumbled. We have a good lead, lets not take any chances and play our strongest 11 to keep city at bay. Lets score a couple more to close the gap on City on goal difference. We may need that at the end of the day.

That’s great but if you don’t race out to a 3-0 lead and you need a goal you end up playing the likes of Mane and Salah for 90 minutes. We’ll see quite a bit of rotation tomorrow, not just because it’s Newecastle but because of the run of fixtures we are currently in and the proximity of fixtures. It wouldn’t surprise me if Rafa rotates a few as well. I’m expecting to see Lallana, Clyne, Shaqiri and Studge (or Origi) for this one. Interested to see if Moreno also plays, I’m hoping not but that’s s given with Moreno.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #80: Dec 25, 2018 11:25:15 pm
      That’s great but if you don’t race out to a 3-0 lead and you need a goal you end up playing the likes of Mane and Salah for 90 minutes. We’ll see quite a bit of rotation tomorrow, not just because it’s Newecastle but because of the run of fixtures we are currently in and the proximity of fixtures. It wouldn’t surprise me if Rafa rotates a few as well. I’m expecting to see Lallana, Clyne, Shaqiri and Studge (or Origi) for this one. Interested to see if Moreno also plays, I’m hoping not but that’s s given with Moreno.

Either way, we'e taking risk but I would go for a safer risk here.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #81: Dec 26, 2018 12:34:33 am
      If Jürgen wants my advice, I think any more than 3 changes from your first 11, unbalances the side, and lessens the fluidity of the play. We have a relatively strong squad,bar injuries, and I think rotation should be a max of 3, but by all means rotate a different 2 or 3 next time out.
      We can’t afford to slip up now because we want to rest players for the future. Do it too often and we could be out of the running before the future games arrive !
      As Jürgen won’t be asking for my advice, I’ll support what and who he selects, and hope we are able to get the job done !
                      Allison
      Clyne.     Lovren. VVD.    Robbo

Gini.   Fabinho.  Millie

Mo.       Bob.     Shaq

Get a couple of goals to the good and then make 2 or 3 changes.
      Mo for Danny. Fab for Hendo, and maybe Bob for Lallana late on.

If we’re not getting any success early doors, change things a bit earlier.  Still think we’ll do these 3:0 but I seem to get nervous as F**k before games now. Worried shitless again now, but think if we get 2 wins and at least a draw v citeh, I’ll be more comfortable for the rest of the srason.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #82: Dec 26, 2018 05:58:56 am
      What a day. Come on Anfield, we need to do our part too. We need to treat every game like it is a final. We need to kick ass both on the pitch and through our atmosphere.

Any win will be greatly appreciated Lfc for a late Xmas present :)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #83: Dec 26, 2018 09:40:33 am
      Need to keep winning, picking up another 3 points. I am sure Newcastle will not make the task easy. Although going for a 3  0 win for the Reds.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #84: Dec 26, 2018 09:45:33 am
      I don't think we will take all of the front 3 out of the team at once and I still hope to see Robbo at left back just for peace of mind if anything.

It's a real tough one for Jürgen because after this it's two real hard matches and he will want to play the fab 3 and the usual back 4 in those two games.

If Keita is fit I expect him to play today because I think a spot on the bench is waiting for him for the next 2.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #85: Dec 26, 2018 10:19:28 am
      Matchday again normal life can be resumed . We have to win this with City away at Leicester this could well be another chance to put another few point between us .
      Its hard to see us not resting players but we have enough players of quality to field a very strong X1 and rest some but I think Jürgen will look to keep changes to a minimum.
      Cant see anything but a big win despite Rafa's technical genius he hasn't got the players to do much.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #86: Dec 26, 2018 10:30:23 am
      Just win - I’ll take any type of win. Win win win win win
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #87: Dec 26, 2018 11:13:47 am
      Just putting it out there, I think we will see Leicester take points from Citeh.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #88: Dec 26, 2018 11:21:01 am
      Just putting it out there, I think we will see Leicester take points from Citeh.

Don't care, just interested in us winning today
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #89: Dec 26, 2018 11:27:33 am
      Don't care, just interested in us winning today
      Good for you.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #90: Dec 26, 2018 11:45:59 am
      Got to do it today COYR
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #91: Dec 26, 2018 12:00:12 pm

I think you might be right mate they just beat Chelsea and are still obviously motivated at home to do well for the Owners family following his terrible death.
      I think a draw is possible

Quick Reply