Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      5 (4.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      29 (24.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (5.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (5.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      20 (16.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      18 (15.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      16 (13.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (6.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      2 (1.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Voting closed: Dec 30, 2018 04:51:08 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27063 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Dec 27, 2018 01:41:43 am
      Neville saying not a penalty I hate the word "Neville"
      before Neville said anything, without tinted goggles I thought it was a very very soft penalty. I wouldn't have gave it as a neutral ref.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #346: Dec 27, 2018 02:01:56 am
      City still the biggest threat and the race isn’t won yet.

Yeah, I'll be gobsmacked if City aren't in the top 2 come June.  I just hope they finish 1 spot behind us 😎
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #347: Dec 27, 2018 03:40:38 am
      Watched in a pub today so just finished watching the replay and being able to notice a bit more. Jordan Henderson was very positive and drove the midfield. Gini has been great all season but  maybe a bit off the boil just now. I wouldn't be shocked to see Fab, Keita and Henderson as the midfield three vs. Arsenal.

On Shaqiri's goal, we strung together 25 passes with the last being TAA's ball to Shaq for the tap in. That's if you don't count two failed attempts to scramble the ball clear. I think all 10 outfield players touched the ball in that sequence. Brilliant team goal. Glad to see Fabinho scored his first goal for us as well as he has really come on leaps and bounds the past few appearances. Great purchase there.

Also, whoever is knocking Sadio Mane's performance today...are you serious? He was so active throughout. Always giving Newcastle something to think about in the back - a big part of our success in attack despite not scoring himself. Bobby also very involved in the press, winning possession and kick-starting the attack.

Team is looking great, but six points can be gone (obviously) in two bad results. Stay steady everyone, and enjoy every moment.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,650 posts | 480 
      Reply #348: Dec 27, 2018 05:24:11 am
      Spurs will have their test in Feb, they have Chelsea and Arsenal, as well as a possible final vs City if they overcome 2 games with Chelsea.

Son is going away. They'll be fu**ed in January. Get to the new stadium, their home form will drop. So win, win.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #349: Dec 27, 2018 07:57:52 am
      It was ultra soft but he did pull his arm so he’s going to go down.

Salah made a proper meal of it though

Nice to see honesty with  members. All too often fans wear those blinkers and just coz their was the slightest of contact it's a penalty  :lmao: Think many forget it's a contact sport LondonRed but fair play you called it spot on.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #350: Dec 27, 2018 09:12:37 am
      he pulled his arm that's against the rules its a penalty I couldn't care if he did a forward somersault with a half pike its a penalty.
      Its something like 400 days since we had a penalty at Anfield.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #351: Dec 27, 2018 09:14:33 am
      Nice to see honesty with  members. All too often fans wear those blinkers and just coz their was the slightest of contact it's a penalty  :lmao: Think many forget it's a contact sport LondonRed but fair play you called it spot on.

It wasn’t the best viewing but at the same time I’m not really too bothered because of the amount of stone wall penalties that aren’t given to him so in a way it kind of evens itself out.
      Don’t get me wrong, I’m not condoning making a meal of it but ultimately Dummet played with fire by grabbing his arm in the first place and I was surprised that he just seemed to accept the decision which makes me think he fully intended to drag him back, but maybe didn’t realise he was actually in the box so let go.
      « Last Edit: Dec 27, 2018 09:18:54 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #352: Dec 27, 2018 09:27:10 am

he pulled his arm that's against the rules its a penalty I couldn't care if he did a forward somersault with a half pike its a penalty.
      Its something like 400 days since we had a penalty at Anfield.

It wasn’t the best viewing but at the same time I’m not really too bothered because of the amount of stone wall penalties that aren’t given to him so in a way it kind of evens itself out.
      Don’t get me wrong, I’m not condoning making a meal of it but ultimately Dummet played with fire by grabbing his arm in the first place and I was surprised that he just seemed to accept the decision which makes me think he fully intended to drag him back, but maybe didn’t realise he was actually in the box so let go.

It was soft and truth be told I don’t like seeing the player do that personally. However - his integrity in staying on his feet when he doesn’t have to is outstanding.

It’s not a dive in the James Maddison sense. He’s made more of it - yes - but where I think it is different is that a pull like that takes you off balance and out of shape for the shot. Therefore a disadvantage that he goes to ground to highlight......

That’s a big difference (for me) from an attempt to win the ball that causes a collision. That was just a pull - which is illegal anywhere on the pitch at any time.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #353: Dec 27, 2018 10:53:21 am
      This feels different to any of our close ones in recent years.

It just seems we are going to quietly win the league.

The big tests are now the new two.

If we win them both, I think we have done it.

After 21 games, just over half way through a season, we will have done nothing but get ourselves in a decent position to have a real pop at winning the league. That stands true even if we lose these next two. Nothing is won but a huge positive is that we are in the mix no matter what happens.

Let's just not get overly confident as there's a hell of a lot of football to be played. Enjoy it as that's what it's all about but lots of twists and turns are more than likely between now and May.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #354: Dec 27, 2018 10:59:05 am
      you only have to slightly pull an opponents shirt and its a yellow card the game has changed from a physical contact sport to one protecting "skilful " players. What is bizarre is how this is a penalty yet all sorts of physical assault go unnoticed at corners .
      If any striker feels contact in the box they go down its about time we caught up with the rest of them.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #355: Dec 27, 2018 11:01:01 am
      After 21 games, just over half way through a season, we will have done nothing but get ourselves in a decent position to have a real pop at winning the league. That stands true even if we lose these next two. Nothing is won but a huge positive is that we are in the mix no matter what happens.

Let's just not get overly confident as there's a hell of a lot of football to be played. Enjoy it as that's what it's all about but lots of twists and turns are more than likely between now and May.

Is right.

Just keep doing what we’re doing.

Focus, train, perform and win.

The rest is just context.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #356: Dec 27, 2018 11:08:50 am
      Here hoping that Utd can take all the points against Spur on the 13th Jan' the  we have breathing space  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #357: Dec 27, 2018 11:11:47 am
      Don’t get me wrong, I’m not condoning making a meal

Yeah agree with this too. It's just the biased pricks that wear these rose tinted glasses day and nite that say it was a penalty all day that get up my nose. Being honest like yourself and many other members are the post I like to read. Thank heavens we have a ignore button so I can turn the bias bull shitters off.  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Dec 27, 2018 11:24:44 am by Keith Singleton »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #358: Dec 27, 2018 11:13:05 am
      Here hoping that Utd can take all the points against Spur on the 13th Jan' the  we have breathing space  ;D

Come on Spurs  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #359: Dec 27, 2018 11:29:33 am
      Yeah agree with this too. It's just the biased pricks that wear these rose tinted glasses day and nite that say it was a penalty all day that get up my nose. Being honest like yourself and many other members are the post I like to read. Thank heavens we have a ignore button so I can turn the bias bull shitters off.  :lmao:

you must have F***ing hated so many of your players over the years then and the pricks are Liverpool supporters on a Liverpool Forum.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #360: Dec 27, 2018 11:41:34 am

Was a penalty Keith... 😍
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #361: Dec 27, 2018 12:01:41 pm

Now we both know your not in the bull shi**er (( rose tinted glasses section ))  Basically we both say it's a soft penalty that's all.  :D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #362: Dec 27, 2018 12:27:25 pm
      Soft penalty, maybe, but he regularly gets wrestled to the ground in and around the penalty area.

Phil Neville; "it's a contact sport". Yes but that doesn't include wrestling players, tugging at them, pulling shirts etc etc you clueless moron.
      Then again, the daft tw*t actually said "Harry Kane is the best striker in the world at the moment".

Lineker and Murphy just looked at him.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #363: Dec 27, 2018 01:47:58 pm
      Football has lost any dignity and sportsmanship anyway, so Mo did just what they all do. Neymar would have made a salto with that kind of contact.  ;)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #364: Dec 27, 2018 01:53:11 pm

Got me on ignore but I'll bite. You might have a fair few fooled in here but I remember. You're true colours have shone through once, clearly, although this time you're a bit cleverer.

Why you are on an LFC forum, all over it, day in and day out, calling LFC Reds members bias bullshitters is beyond me. Its so f**king weird.

A Man Utd fan, moaning about reds being biased on an LFC forum. Wow.

Can't fool all of the people all of the time, Keith.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #365: Dec 27, 2018 02:10:44 pm
      Rafa.
      £96,000 to the Hillsborough Families.
      Will always have respect at this club and mentioned his love for the city in his post match interview.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #366: Dec 27, 2018 02:31:01 pm
      A lot of fans don't understand diving against Newcastle is using up a resource. Now referees will be aware Salah makes a meal of things, if we need a goal against Arsenal, it's no good Salah diving... he'll get booked and laughed at. If he didn't give against Newcastle we'd probably still have won but had a dive to use against Arsenal. There's no way the Newcastle players contact affected Salah enough to go down like that. I'm not totally against stuff like that, but rather him use a dive when we really need it not against a lower team when we already winning.
      « Last Edit: Dec 27, 2018 02:35:03 pm by Ribapuru »
      DanMann

• 5,694 posts | 880 
      Reply #367: Dec 27, 2018 03:06:22 pm
      Use a dive?

It's not a board game mate.  ;D

Quick Reply